[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you believe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 11

File: Child of Dragons.jpg (42KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
Child of Dragons.jpg
42KB, 266x400px
Hey /x/,

I'm curious what you believe in and why? I'm not looking to try and undermine anyone's worldview, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around a lot of stuff that I've read here. I don't believe in ghosts, aliens, cryptids, or psychics. In truth, I've only ever had one vaguely paranormal experience and I'm not entirely sure that it even happened.

So what makes you believe?
>>
>>17990922
I believe in you
>>
>>17990922
>>17990925
yeah! you can do it OP!!!
>>
>>17990922
I believe in Magick because I did Dr. Emoto's rice experiment.
>>
>i've seen reptar eyes irl
>"they live" signal is broadcast all over and from saturn, i've seen it on a spectrum analyzer
>moot is a shapeshifting cryptojew who started a cia funded honeypot which the fbi monitors
>>
I believe in creatures, all them demons if you want, that haunt people for the hell of it. Fuckers have left me alone for a few months, but they defiantly fucked with me.
>>
>read up on ayy lmao
>conflicting evidence on origins
>>
>>17990935
I'm curious. What is that?
>>
I believe in the law of As Above So Below. I believe in astrology, its more than just what month you were born in. Every planet (even some asteroids) play a role in your personality/destiny. I believe adam and eve stepped down from jacobs ladder to experience the third dimension of space-time. We are all one, since we are all from the source. We have to learn lessons in order to ascend from our physical form and return to the source. This can take hundreds if not thousands of lifetimes. I believe jesus was not the son of God^TM but a wonderfully intelligent teacher. He could make miracles happen because he was a master magician. Also the catholic church is evil, as is modern christianity as a whole(tool for brainwash). Every religion is right in their own way though. I believe sin is anything that gets in the way of your spiritual development.
>>
Discordianism
>>
>>17991030
As far as being bigfoot and chubacabras and all that im not sure. But ghosts are human souls who resonate at a very low vibration ((demonic)). I believe demons arent actual fallen angels (i dont believe in heaven and hell). I believe in angels though, they arent slaves but they genuinely wish to assist us in everyday things
>>
>>17990938

moot wasn't funded by the cia
>>
>>17990987
Gewgle it faggot. And do it, it's really easy. Tell people what you find.
>>
>>17990922
I believe everything we are taught is a lie especially regarding space and history. I believe black people are the original inhabitants of earth and are being systematically oppressed in order to lead humanity into the NWO or something like that.
>>
I'm really in to aliens and UFOs and stuff like that, I love reading about bigfoot and ghosts, but I think all the divination and magic stuff is horseshit.
>>
>>17990922
>that argonian geisha
>>
>>17992661
it's a kimono dragon
>>
I don't believe shit but technology.
>>
>>17990922
I'm nearly positive ET is out there, but I doubt they're here. I'm also fairly sure that most UFOs are either meteorological phenomena or our top secret stuff.

I played with lucid dreaming a lot, and got to the point of having nearly daily sleep paralysis. I've experienced the classic alien abduction tall greys around the bed thing, but this is tempered by also having had sleep paralysis episodes of seeing my clothes flying around the room, doors pulsing, and other crazy stuff. I'm tempted to discount it all as sleep paralysis, but the ET abduction experience has been multi-generational. My great grandmother wound up missing 2 days along with her sisters.

My grandma was also insanely diligent, so when she was in school she made a point of sitting in the front row and never missed a day. This was back when schools were still collapsed with multiple grades, so she and her two younger sisters were all in the same class.

They walked in one day, and my grandma's seat had been given to some other student and was told to take a seat in the back. Rightfully, she was indignant. The teacher replied, "You missed school, that's what happens." Or something to the effect.

Her youngest sister drew pictures of grey humanoids with large heads and eyes, and my grandma gradually remembered the events; going to her grave adamant that they had been abducted.

This was in New Mexico, around 1940. My Dad has admitted to similar experiences. It genuinely makes me uncomfortable, as I'm someone studying for a PhD; it's a phenomena I can't dismiss nor can I fully attest to.

Cryptids are likely, if only because I see folly in assuming we know all the animals that live on our planet. We're constantly finding new species; my favorite example was pre ~1860 when the mainstream belief was that gorillas were an insane myth of Africans.

Along with the lucid dreaming/sleep paralysis junk I've had OBEs, so I'm reasonably sure that consciousness can be separated from the body.
>>
Seen shadow people, have weird photos taken in old asylums, lived in a haunted house, had brief run-ins with demons.

I lurk on this board to keep reassure myself in either direction of the truth, but it kind of just leaves me in a perpetual limbo in search for the truth - of any kind.

All are long stories.
>>
I am an agnostic. But I carry great hate for the image of god and all his followers (specially mudslimes).
I believe that our universe is so huge that it is impossible for alien life to not exist. Since we are limited in our actions, we cant find out as of now.
But if aliens exist, they most likely are not some green men. They are most likely some micro organism or such.
Dont believe in ghosts and such though. I think its basically hallucinations and/or people who dont know when they have some minor case of schizophrenia.
Same with all other stuff. Even if ghosts existed, i think human beings would have still a higher kill rate than them.
I fucking hate almost everyone.
>>
I believe in God and magick and "paranormal" stuff. Even though the term is pretty unlogical....
>>
what have you done in your life to justify your vision of reality as something logical ?
>>
File: 1470346515409.jpg (20KB, 306x296px)
1470346515409.jpg
20KB, 306x296px
>>17991030
>i believe in astrology
>>
>>17993316
Eyy, gurren lagann
>>
>>17993320
whats so funny there?
>>
>>17993329
"muh fictional lines between stars explain why im introverted"
no.
>>
>>17993338
oh yeah because thats all astrology is right?
>>
>>17993356
As an astrophysicist, go through the entirety of astrology so I can debunk it as bullshit one point at a time please.
>>
>>17993361
you are a good little trained academic slave arent you
>>
>>17993367
"my beliefs based on nothing more than my feelings can be totally justified by calling my opposer an academic slave! that'll teach him for trying to educate me with facts!"
>>
>>17993373
i don't believe in astrology but it's more real than you being a supermark for your ''astrophysicist status''.
>>
>>17993361
you are just way too toxic for my taste, I would gladly offer you my opinions (and why I have them) on the whole belief system tied to astrology but you aren't worth the time because you wouldn't read it with an open mind
>>
>>17993379
tf is a supermark
>>
>>17993382
Ok, honestly. I'll be as objective as I possibly can, but you have to understand that that's not going to work without some justification on your end. But my 'predjudice' aside, please continue.
>>
>>17993384
thats you
>>
>>17993391
what am i
>inb4 a supermark
>>
I believe in ghosts and spirits. Growing up I've had quite few paranormal experiences. I've heard voices call my name, I've had my bathroom sink turn by its self, I've had a cupboard fly open on me, I've had my pop knocked off the table when I left the room and no one else is there. And the coup de gras I've seen 2 spirits in my life, all in my house. My mother and brother also had paranormal experiences and they're firm believers. I'm not a religious person. I'm pretty much a atheist. But I have no explanation for the things i've heard or seen. People say its all in my head, or my mind playing tricks on me. But I don't think so. I believe life is the most powerful thing in existence, no matter what life will always exists. Science says thiers multiple dimensions outside ours. So what about life in those? What if spirits, ghost, ufos are just life forms from another dimension? Since science can't explain or research dimensions outside our own at the moment, there is a possibility that life forms beyond our imagination exists in those dimensions.
>>
>>17990922
I believe most closely associated buddhism I guess and karma.
But not karma as a punishment but slightly different.
And I believe in different soul ages
>http://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_age_index.html
We come here, into this world as we play video games, we want to experience, let's say end of the world, we start playing fallout, we choose the world and the life.
I chose poor parents, who were hermits, so that I would not be lazy and somehow would pursue "self made man" qualities, that there is no one to hold my hand or help me.
They were hermits and they didn't raise me, so I started reading books and was a very inward person until I turned 18 and got a job etc
I had a thing with a girl, she had a father who was a burnout ex cop, her mother was providing them and she had daddy issued, she wanted an alpha male and who was tied with the criminal world.
She got herself a wee dealer who killed some dudes with a knife while drunk.
She had all the roads to that path, being with daddy issues, wanting a badass guy, getting back at father.
We all choose a life and a family to be born into with the biggest chance of happening the thing we want to happen, experience love, a good loving family, experience violence, they will choose a family of drunks.
As Charles Bukowski wrote, life is just for leisure, between birth and death and it is our own choice how we will spend the time.
In my opinion we all have a reason why we think the way we think and feel, why are we born into this country, family, why are you reading this at this moment and why am I writing my autistic text.
>>
>>17993408
forgot about the karma thing
If you run over someone and few weeks later you will get run over, it is not because of punishment, but for you to understand and feel the pain you caused others, for you to be in their shoes.
Just pure experience and knowledge.
There is no good nor bad
>>
File: occultus.jpg (840KB, 800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
occultus.jpg
840KB, 800x1600px
Ok, ill bite

I believe in ghosts because I have seen them. I believe that ayys are not really ayyliums but actually interdimensional entities and the greys are nothing more than biological space suits these entities use to interact in our dimension.

I believe in the existence of the soul.

I believe that there is a program of 'soft genocide' targeted at towards the white race by a clique of jews, rootless internationalists, marxists and globalists who conspire with them. This soft genocide is pushed through mass immigration, critical theory resulting in the destruction of culture and relentless cultural marxist conditioning through a complicit media.
>>
So like how does one attract a alien? Heard about this one chick that had sex close to 50 times with a reptilian on a ship. And another that had sex while driving home.
Felt the burning between her thighs or she would have thought it was a dream.

That being said anyone have any ideas.
>>
>>17993431
take your pills
>>
>>17993448
couldn't hahe said it better
>>
File: 1468711618560.jpg (8KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1468711618560.jpg
8KB, 250x247px
>>17993448
I read it in a book faggots
>bloodline of the gods

Where it talks about only o- people getting abducted.
And sex with aliens.
>>
>>17993473
Sex with aliens?
try fucking a meth addict its the closest you'll actually get
>>
>>17993473
how about Harry Potter?
I'm still waiting Hogwarts to pick me up
>>
File: 51n2ytCjC0L.jpg (46KB, 333x500px)
51n2ytCjC0L.jpg
46KB, 333x500px
>>17993473
you got that book, looked at the cover, read it, and thought it was legit credible research ?
>>
>>17993488
wait, you say that the books lie and I will not be accepted to Hogwarts?
damn man, you just ruined my life
>>
>Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it
>>
>>17993500
buddha
>>
I like reading books about aliens, and I enjoy trolling christians
>>
I'm quite positive aliens exist. Other than that, I don't buy into paranormal stuff but still sometimes get chills when I read or see some creepy shit, therefore i keep coming here
>>
i've got more than my fair share of weird beliefs. beliefs i'm even slightly embarrassed to have, to be honest. so uhm yeah. there is that.
>>
>>17993526
oh please be more specific
we won't bite... hard
>>
>>17993526
go ahead
>>
>>17990922
I believe...
>Ghosts
As an animus that survives it's body's death
>aliens
As a highly likely probability
>cryptids
We're discovering new species all the time
>psychics
There are known unknowns and unknown unknowns. The same applies to the human mind. I have no reason to disbelieve or believe the claims of psychics. But, I believe many who claim to be psychics simply are charlatans.
>>
>>17993539
uhm. well. there is this one little thing i do every day which i guess you might call a "ritual" or a "meditation" or some such happy-slappy, hippy-dippy bullshit. actually i generally spend about two hours a day on it, before anything else, for no better reason than that i promised the 14th dalai lama i would. and, uhm, yyyyeah. say whatever you like about 'em, but you *don't* want to lie to the dalai lama, any more than you'd want to owe drug dealers money. :)
>>
>>17993558
suffice to say i have seen certain things
>>
>>17993590
>>17993592
just go ahead, you're on the internet anonymously, no one can judge you
>>
>>17993594
suffice to say i am firmly convinced that certain practices (traditionally kept private) in the tibetan tradition demonstrably work.
>>
What we learn tomorrow, makes us a fool today.
>>
>>17993594
suffice to say i am firmly convinced that certain practices (traditionally kept private) in the tibetan tradition demonstrably work.
>>
>>17993605
you already mentioned it and in buddhism knowledge should be shared, if a candle is lit with another candle, it will not shorten the lifespan of it.
Sharing knowledge wont result in a negative outcome.
In addition in buddhism there is no I, there should be no ego, I've been into buddhism about 7 years, so I am very interested in a new view or practice, maybe i'm missing something, maybe you're missing something.
>>
fuck. sorry for the double post. dammit.
>>
>>17993626
berzinarchives won't lead you very far wrong. of course all that's the nalanda tradition through a (mostly) gelug lens. there are certainly others, and far be it from me to malign them.
>>
>>17993639
I have no specific type of buddhistic views
>>17993408
>>17993411
these are my posts
>>
>>17990922
>not naming this file "Kimono Dragon"
>>
>>17993643
loved the first one. just wanted to reply that i chose a totally different family for my upbringing: specifically, high-level educators. wanted for nothing growing up, was reading james joyce in high school. it was great -- except in the way of self-care, which i never did learn. 41 years later now i'm a damn lunatic who struggles to keep himself and his living space clean. so who's to say whether your way or my way is better? maybe there is no better or worse, just different. at least i like to think so.
>>
>>17993668
there is no right or wrong
there may be a moment, where I will experience your lifestyle and you will experience mine.
You know things I do not know and vice versa.
There are no winners and losers, we just experience different things at different times.
>>
>>17993643
karma is *much* more complex than that. old saying is that emptiness/voidness is *nothing* compared to karma, that to understand karma correctly you have to have achieved the fully omniscient state of a buddha. having said that i'll just refer you back to berzinarchives.com again where he gets *very* deeply into it all, if you're into any of that. has to do with what manifests in one life or the next -- stuff like that. i dunno. i found it interesting. :)
>>
>>17993673
i like the way you think. :)
>>
>>17993675
I'll check it out.
In my life I have always seen "negative" things that happen with a reason and a cause, to teach and educate me on something, never just because.
>>
File: KuwQ1kk.jpg (528KB, 1264x2438px)
KuwQ1kk.jpg
528KB, 1264x2438px
>>17993682
this is an interesting concept
>>
>>17993685
call me crazy if you will (the state of minnesota does!), but i make negative things happen to me for a reason. :)
>>
>>17993626
i've been into it a little over twenty years. not to brag, just to say it like it is. thing is: if you promise someone you'll do something, you should. like, say, for instance, if you promise to keep something secret, you should at least do your level best not to spill the spaghetti all over. :)
>>
>>17993716
All right I'll just try to give you a new view.
The thing you are doing is not real meditation or spiritual awakening, something you are doing must be wrong.
The real spiritual path or way is that it removes all your emotions, you will not let them rule your body, you will have no complexes, no flaws, everything is fine and good.
You will not be angry, you will have no anxiety, you will just be like a third person, similar to depersonalization or a dream like state, you are aware of everything but you don't take it personally and you don't feel emotions towards some situations that happen to you, you just understand them and take them as lessons or try to understand why it went the way it went.
Everybody has different reactions towards it, but this should be the end game.
The only thing I would get from a evaluation would be lessened feelings, no depression, no anxiety no sociopathy, but just lack of emotions I guess.
So if they think you have a mental disorder and you're 40 and have trouble keeping your home tidy, then there mus be issues that you must overcome
>>
>>17993776
name one emotion that's not disturbing. :)
>>
>>17993782
I didn't understood the question.
Deep meditation removes the ego, self perception as a egoistic being, you will lose emotions, they will not control you anymore, you will see everything with a view of a third person, you will not be influenced by the activities or situations you will go into.
>>
>>17993298
I suppose I can't really offer a rebuttal beyond I need to have confidence in my beliefs to get through the day.
>>
File: fortuna+B.jpg (350KB, 596x778px)
fortuna+B.jpg
350KB, 596x778px
I believe in the Roman goddess Fortuna and her word, the codex.
The afterlife set before is compiled of feasts, gambling, drinkin, screwing, and protecting her divine temple as is my duty.
>>
I believe that life is not supposed to be like this. Something fucky is going on.
>>
>>17996198
This, but more
>>
>>17993250
Hey buddy, you gotta be 18 to be on here
>>
File: 1465123791981.png (360KB, 717x458px)
1465123791981.png
360KB, 717x458px
shit idk what I believe anymore
>>
I believe that everyone who posts on this board is actively practicing necromancy, cause it died ages ago.
>>
>>17990935
I googled this and want to try it... It's also been done with frozen water and th effects of positive and negative energy
>>
>>17990987
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehlw-9PJkIE
>>
>>17990958
Go on....?
>>
I've experienced so many things .... But it's created my knowledge and belief .... It can truelly be scary but it's made me stronger....

But I believe in spirits . Souls out of the body somehow stuck here and not able to move on.... I think that happens when something awful happens and they can't let themselves leave... I had the tv turn off and on, multiple times... And I have to force myself to get up and unplug it.

A ghost visited me in my sleep and woke me up... I opened my eyes and was stunned with fear. Turned my head though and she whispered so many things all at once in my ear and I could understand.... Except at the end I heard I love you.... And then I watched her float away... And it was the saddest feeling. I've ever felt in my life....

It's sad, scary, but something we don't understand... But I believe in these things because I've seen it and experienced it.

I've had an out of body experience where I saw my self .... I saw a spiral and hen slowly went into the spiral and realized it was me spiraling and then came back into me.... That was crazy and I know our souls can seperate from our body...

I believe in physics
Cont.
>>
>>17996997
That "where thoughts go energy flows and results will show" and that is how magic works.... I've been to mutiple occult groups and studied magic.... And I feel it has a lot to do with energy... And the way cells and atoms are effected by our energy... We are powerful beings ... And that's something society/our government doesn't want us to know...

I believe the government is against religion because then we would lose our purpose for material things... And I mean religion as in true faith in God.... With true! Faith we wouldn't have insecurities selfishness, greed, and that would be bad as our roll as consumers .....

I believe in he ancient religions and how they have to do with the law of attraction... Such as Kabbalah, an ancient Jewish religion.. And I think that's what secret society's believe in.... But they all have to do with the law of attraction "where thoughts go energy flows results will show"

I could go on and on....
>>
>>17997013
But I prefer not to discuss it because then it happens .... I'd a struggle to not give spirits energy cause I'm too scared to visit with them.... I wish I could.... I wish society didn't teach me to be so scared.... Cause I would love to help all souls
>>
>>17993408
who chose to be born into ethiopian famine or what about babies being abused or children dying through accident etc
>>
>>17992695
underrated
>>
>>17990935

That's just the manifestation of intention.

Though I suppose that could be construed as magic.
>>
>>17997019

>not give spirits energy cause I'm too scared to visit with them.... I wish I could.... I wish society didn't teach me to be so scared....

Your socialization is not impossible to overcome. Trust yourself.
>>
>>17997501
How can I work on this and become not so scared?
>>
>>17997501
I sleep with a light on most nights .... That's how scared I get in the dark.... Because my mind will travel and then I'll unintentional cause something to happen and I have to force myself to get up and turn on the light....

When I was young I also had a complete fear of aliens ... Which I know sounds weird .... But it was almost like they would try to make me not so scared of them.... I would dream of being with them on a ship.... And it was dark and there was giant canisters....

And another dream is they crashed in front of my kitchen window and I saw one wounded and saying help me.... As I got older I let this dream was to make me not so scared of them. And prepare me for something....

And then I had another dream I was at a temple on the lawn with aliens.... But couldn't exactly remember seeing them... I just knew it had to do with them... And they were teaching me to stand and then raise my arms up and levitate....

It's crazy.... I don't know what it all means and try to just keep going in my spiritual growth.... That's all I can do... But I should work in my spiritual growth more... I'm just so busy with work ... And I have a crippling fear of it :/.... Which is probably more reason y inked to work on it...
>>
>I'm curious what you believe in and why?

Well the issue with /x/ is more that people are a bit too tin-foil hat in regards to a lot of things (OMFG OBAMA KILLED JFK!!!) so it's not exactly my favorite place to be. I believe in aliens, and I believe that they may have visited Earth, but I doubt extremely that they look along the lines of grays that pilot the iconic 1950s flying saucers. As far as ghosts and cryptids go, I'm unambiguous in their existence. I'm extremely wary of the idea of psychics, but the following may contradict that.

I believe in the idea that the supernatural exists in the form of unexplained phenomenon either simply not known to public mind or otherwise buried en masse by fraudulent occurrences of the same nature. My confidence in the supernatural stems from a phenomenon I've seen or had my entire life that I simply find it extremely difficult to explain for how obscure it sounds. In my best words it's like you're a character in a first person shooter viewing the world from some other entity's eyes (maybe Gods) but considering how narcissistic and crazy that sounds, I'd rather not use that explanation. I have had a diagnosis of autism done in the past, but that has since been "revoked" by psychiatrists who find it difficult to believe I was given that diagnostic when they see how well I function in my adulthood. They also have no given me a diagnosis of depersonalization disorder, so whether it's that or not, I have no clue.

Or maybe a good way to explain this, if you want a more mocking tone, is that I just refuse to believe that life is simply the mundane "sit at X and do work" sort of bullshit like it was since the late 40s. Our ancestors did more with their lives than we did in the modern age so I obviously want something less boring to compensate for the time I have on Earth.

There's just more that meets the eye.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.