[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick: Library Update 35

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 59

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

New folder:

>A.'.A.'.>Thelema>Journal of Thelemic Studies
All nos. and vols.

Then for texts:

>A.'.A.'.>Philosophy
Death, Mourning, and Burial
Magical Interpretations; Material Reality (Post-colonial African witchcraft, etc., also a copy in the Voodoo/African folder)
Music and the Occult

>A.'.A.'.>Thelema>Achad
A new scan of 31 Hymns.

>Chumbley>Cultus Sabbati
The Oxford Handbook of Witchcraft (Copy also in the Euro folder)

>Kabbalah
Awakening Ground, DCS's handbook of early contemplative Kabbalah.

>Grimoires
Magical Techniques and Implements present in the GMP, Byzantine Greek Solomonic Manuscripts, and European Grimoires (Skinner's Thesis, also a copy in Euro folder).

>Sloane MSS
Not actually a Sloane MSS but may as well stick it here, a Facsimile of the U. of Penn's LJS-75, an astrological anthology in Hebrew, including a copy of a treatise on the calendar originally compiled for Pedro IV, King of Aragon, with an almanac of oppositions and conjunctions of the sun and moon and predictions of lunar and solar eclipses; four short works by the 12th-century scientist Abraham Ibn Ezra.
>>
File: temple.jpg (219KB, 501x480px) Image search: [Google]
temple.jpg
219KB, 501x480px
Been a while, morning bump.
>>
File: 1469636152085.jpg (38KB, 687x455px) Image search: [Google]
1469636152085.jpg
38KB, 687x455px
>>17981486
Interesting diagram.

Sauce/detail?
>>
Huzzah!
>>
File: 1469645685000.jpg (47KB, 526x469px) Image search: [Google]
1469645685000.jpg
47KB, 526x469px
>>17981491
>>17981486
Nuffins? Other than the image itself?
>>
>>17981484
Thank you, based Ape!
Anyway, wanted to ask you, why don't you clean up the library? I mean, I get that it is sorted by theme and all, but you have the four editions of Picatrix in 6 folders. That's a lot of space.
>>
>>17981535
On my end, running a search, it shows all editions of Picatrix in the Picatrix folder.
>>
>>17981491
>>17981530
Apologies at work atm, I cannot recall exactly where I found the image but I know it has to do a lot with the inner temple of Man and the numerology seems very familiar to me although I cannot explain it specifically, I am still breaking down to image; interested in hearing your input if you have any.
>>
File: shiva shakti.jpg (472KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
shiva shakti.jpg
472KB, 500x714px
>>17981544
>*the
>>
>>17981544
Looks roughly like a tetrahedral Temple establishment.

I'd need to dust off a Hebrew dictionary, tho, the words appear unfamiliar.
>>
>>17981541
Strange, I downloaded a couple of (most of them) folders, and I found at least 20 files named Picatrix. Can't recall where I found them, it's been a while, and I deleted the duplicates.
>>
>>17981546

Did you catch the Dirge's political tantrum, over the past few days?
>>
File: nope.png (30KB, 860x254px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
30KB, 860x254px
>>17981547
>>
>>17981557
Huh. I know I didn't dl it twice. But the greer ed. is in at least 2 mode folders
>>
>>17981546
I can recognize most at the bottom but at the top I can only make out the two shins at the end, but the ones in the middle I'm not to sure; I see Lamed maybe and perhaps Nun or Vav.
>>
>>17981553
Eyuh.
Never checked to see if I got a proper reply to pointing out that both seculars and Salafist Wahabis point to the Khawariji movement as the origin point for Da'esh.

Really it's all eschatological. The Wahabis are content to fight the enemies of Islam until the cows come home, but have little interest in Da'esh's global Caliphate. The Wahabis are waiting for a "perfect" society to rise organically, where Da'esh wants to impose one by force.
>>
File: 1469932759154.jpg (24KB, 480x313px) Image search: [Google]
1469932759154.jpg
24KB, 480x313px
>>17981566
>is in at least 2 mode folders
Where? I'm showing no dupes.
>>
>>17981569

I checked out of that discussion. It was unlikely that he knows anything substantial about Da'esh, either.

Sumbitch has thrown me into something of a crisis. Why doesn't his light reach all the way to the fucking ground? I wasn't particularly shocked by his romantic notions of anarchy, as I doubt he's matured a day, politically, since he first beat off. What really knocked me back was how poorly informed his positions are and, by contrast, how incredibly rich my own day-to-day information stream is by comparison. He and the Boy Wonder were comically clueless about the world.
>>
>>17981583
I don't know where, I deleted the dupes when I found them. I'm a guy who made a revamp of your lib and has a spreadsheet with all the stuff in it.
But if you can't find it, I must be crazy, and that is a possibility.
>>
>>17981596
>how incredibly rich my own day-to-day information stream is by comparison
I'm about to curate some new feeds.

>him and boy wonder
It's political improv in the face of accepting that their party loyalties are in conflict with their party's very goddamn poor decisions.

I'm seeing much the same out of the HRC camp.
>>
>>17981484
Where I can find the materials from Builders of the Adytum in there? Thanks in advance
>>
>>17981597
I saw someone posting lists of mega folders in some LHP thread, was that you? And if so, I gotta be blunt, that looked like way more taxonomy into half categories than seems needed. If I'm going to have a "Luciferian" folder at what point do we draw distinction between Chumbley and Mark Allan Smith.

>>17981609
Think I purged my BoTA material. Closest I get is Aurum Solis. Both are heavily watered down in comparison to their sources in the Golden Dawn and A.'.A.'....Aurum Solis at least scores points in creativity and historicity.
>>
>>17981618
All I've got was dead torrents so no luck in the libraries I find
I'll look for the Aurum Solis, thanks
>>
>>17981618
>was that you?
Nope. I'm not into LHP, in general. Was before, now I'm just an armchair occultist.
>>
>>17981649
No worries then.
>This is not the retard you are looking for
>>
>>17981664
Sorry. I'm usualy not the retard someone's looking for. I'm gonna die alone :-( unless I develop paranoid schizophrenia, then I won't be alone
>>
>>17981605
>I'm seeing much the same out of the HRC camp.

I'm not seeing anything like this, but then I'm looking at the well-informed segment, the part actually engaged in winning an election.

My working theory is that, in order to make sense of Crowley, they had to fully assimilate his mindset. Now, having succeeded, they're trying to make sense of world using a language and conceptual framework that is at least a century out of date. They can't make sense of what they see, so they're plan is to blow up the world and start over. Given their flawed understanding, it's the only obvious path forward to Ra-Hoor-Khutiland.

You're welcome to talk me down off this ledge, if you're so inclined.
>>
File: 1469925853501.png (212KB, 386x362px) Image search: [Google]
1469925853501.png
212KB, 386x362px
>>17981724
I'd tend to agree.

The National Review doesn't cut it when I can keep up with developing world news on fuckin' Twitter.
>>
>>17981724
>so they're plan is to blow up the world and start over.
Seems like they read the map backwards as well.
>>
File: FPVy55o.jpg (64KB, 620x759px) Image search: [Google]
FPVy55o.jpg
64KB, 620x759px
>>17981855
Quite.
Moreover, you get folks like Holtberg or Schuerholz asserting with dead seriousness they're working to overturn the academic method but these cats ain't goddamn John fuckin' Dewey over here, you ask the average Philosophy of Religion program or Education professor about any one of their ideas and you'd get polite laughter. I know, because I've done this. And the concepts don't fly outside the rarified air of Nick Land's cyberpunk RPG fantasies. Fuck's sake, at least Nick has fresh ideas.
>>
File: IMG_20160801_123314291.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160801_123314291.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>17981724
I'd be more worried if the dies pater hadn't risen from his golden throne and descended his golden tower to lead us to salvation.
>>
Hey AoT there may be nothing new or relevant here but thought Id give back a little, heard about this yesterday. It's Cornell university's digital witchcraft collection, available to the public. Thought you might want to browse.

http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/w/witch/digital.html
>>
>>17981886
>http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/w/witch/digital.html
There are so many things about this page that are pissing me off I'm not going to comment.

>Daemonlatreiae
Neat.

>Saducismus Triumphatus
Very neat.
>>
>>17981896
>There are so many things about this page that are pissing me off
I know, I know, but Ive taken so much from your library that I wanted to return the favor in some small way.

>Neat.
>Very neat.
Im glad there was something worth the trip.
>>
>>17981918
I'm not sure how I can rip these pages without fuckloads of work.
>>
>>17981925
https://archive.org/details/saducismustriump00glan
Don't have to for the saducismus.
>>
>>17981929
Dunno which of these scans I like more. Gotta compare.
>>
>>17981925
yeah I know its a huge hassle, I thought there might be at least one or two worth the trouble.

On the books page (that lists the table of contents etc.) there is a "view entire text" button on the right hand side of the page that makes the text easier, but doesnt give you the original page.

I presume since cornell will have it on record for awhile, you may just include a link to the archive in the library? I know that Saducismus Triumphatus has pdf's available elsewhere (https://archive.org/download/saducismustriump00glan/saducismustriump00glan.pdf) that might be easier on you. Im not sure what you were referring to with Daemonlatreiae though.
>>
>>17981934
The one on cornell is really hard to read in a lot of places and I didn't check if the one on archive is printed in italics for like half of it like cornell
>>
>>17981943
For your own edification, if I were you and interested in this topic I'd pay attention to Saducismus, A Candle in the Dark, and A Perfect Discovery of Witches.
>>
>>17981834

And, Reason. Heh.

I'm sorry, but that really is disqualifying.

This is what brought me up short. You and I have enough contacts, with enough good intel, to say, yeah, Wikileaks is likely a Russian asset. No more involved than we are, we're still playing a much larger, much more detailed game.

I'd known this was true with respect to secret societies, occultists, and the like, but didn't realize how worldly and well connected we are more generally.

>>17981855

Most assuredly.

>>17981871

It's like watching a discussion of late-stage Marxism. Or maybe Under-Pants Gnomes on Red-Bull enemas.
>>
thoth when you put together your hendecarch and other roasaries what did you pay for your vertebrae if you remember? Trying not to get swindled.
>>
>>17981996
>Wikileaks is likely a Russian asset
And Snowden a controlled leak to test persona dev., but that's beside the point.

Besides, WL being counter-intel's why Mr. X quit in 2008.

>>17981997
No more than 30 S&H, but I think I had to buy two strings because unless you're paying out the nose the vertebrae are much smaller than the images usually imply.

Aaaaand my supplier's seemingly been out of snakebone for a while.
>>
>>17982002
I have an opportunity to pick up a couple strings of vertebrae (about 90 pieces per string iirc) of an african black snake (if I can trust the source) the vertebrae are about the size of your pinky digit, but they want like 80 bucks for a string which seemed quite high to me.

Also regarding the vertebrae being smaller, I thought the only real deciding factor was their number for the purposes of counting the Arcana. Is there another factor where size is relevant that Im missing? Or is it just an aesthetic / tactile thing?
>>
>>17982016
It's just expected size v. number.

You get a string that's X inches long and I was a few vertebrae short of my 121.

There is also an aesthetic thing in how well they interlock.

Besides, there are more/better rosaries for counting than Hendecarch. Focus on hunting down enough to do Stellar Transvocation rosary because the only use I've found for Hendecarch has been talismanic. I don't even wear it, as compared to the one for all the faithful, which I at least attached meteorite to.
>>
>>17982002
>And Snowden a controlled leak to test persona dev., but that's beside the point.

And precisely illustrates the point: this is the granularity of context and data in which we form our opinions. His response was he'd not been worried about Russia since he quit the John Birch Society and mocked the whole idea.

I don't even
>>
>>17982033
>John Birch Society
There's your problem, frankly.

The Birchers never caught up to the new conspiracies that are actually in play. Incredulity that the NSA would do the same to Russian interests ignores the fact that Kaspersky was the first to catch Stuxnet trying to invade Russian C&C infrastructure.
>>
File: tumblr_o1lzsrqSU01uihqnzo1_540.jpg (71KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1lzsrqSU01uihqnzo1_540.jpg
71KB, 540x540px
>>17982047
>/omg/
>/opining & mulling on geopolitics/
>>
>>17982029
>Stellar Transvocation rosary
wait what? Are you talking about the hallowing rosary? The all faithful only needs eight vertebrae and thats easy enough, the hallowing needs a ton but it doesnt specify vertebrae, just bone.

Is this located somewhere besides the DBoE?
>>
>>17982062
Nope, all in Dragon Book, and yeah, I meant Hallowing, it's the most directly useful for Chumbley's contemplative methods.
>>
>>17982047
>>17982053

It's our world, Might as well take an interest in it.

When I read Crowley, this is what I thought he wanted us to do. Use the woo n' shit to sort ourselves out, then apply the result to the world. Maybe for some marinating in Teutonic twaddle for decades really is part of the work, but it's hard to see how that's going to ever change facts on the ground.

Perhaps the more important question is whether this is a problem with the Al-Anon program itself, and if so what might be done about it.
>>
>>17982084

Or is it evidence that the 93 current has indeed run its course?

I don't quite feel up to such questions.
>>
>>17982092
>one away
Not today, at least. It's too dreary for me to keep awake through coffee. Firewood's soaked for at least 24 hrs. I'll probably end up folding LA into Black Moon. Again.
>>
>>17982074
I was just planning on doing that with normal bone beads, you did it with vertebrae?
you mad man.
its 17x10 so a total of 170 vertebrae then?
>>
File: Trishul & Rosaries.jpg (117KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Trishul & Rosaries.jpg
117KB, 720x960px
>>17982101
No, cow and yak bone, with onyx and one rabbit vertebra.

Pic related. Here are mine before they were fully complete.
>>
>>17982106
those look fantastic.
whats the one laying on top that's just vertebrae though?
>>
File: Dragon Vessel 1.jpg (78KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Vessel 1.jpg
78KB, 720x960px
>>17982115
Um, the Hendecarch.
>>
>>17981484

Holy shit hi ape. Did you stop pursuing kaula ?
>>
>>17982120
oh, yes, shit of course it is.
Time for coffee I guess.
Thank you for the pictures
>>
>>17982122
No, finally looking to buy Tantraloka after doing notes on Paratrisikavivirana.

>>17982123
No problem.
>>
Are there any books in there that contain mantras?
I've been trying to list all the Buddhist ones I can, from every denomination
>>
File: yes carl, you do.jpg (240KB, 1280x878px) Image search: [Google]
yes carl, you do.jpg
240KB, 1280x878px
>>17981961
>implying I haven't already
Excellent list, are we talking pic related candle in the dark or is there an even spookier one?
>>
>>17982159
Nevermind, I read that one too.
>>
>>17982558
Is there a babbys first grymoire arcanic that isn't chaoshit? I want something relatively self contained to throw at plebs that isn't chumbley.
>>
>>17982638
What?

Try Grimorium Verum.
>>
File: curse shaming.png (204KB, 384x659px) Image search: [Google]
curse shaming.png
204KB, 384x659px
>>
If one wanted to adopt a form of english language gematria, by what standards should one evaluate the different systems? How could one be better or worse?

>>17981605
>It's political improv in the face of accepting that their party loyalties are in conflict with their party's very goddamn poor decisions.
I've been seeing a lot of that lately. If these are advanced magickians it does discredit your ol' partner in crime Z's notion that harony between one's conscious and subconscious mind is a primary end of magick, and that magick is an effective means to this end. although i may have misunderstood/misremembered.
>>
P2rZnjfx
hold this 4 a sec
>>
>>17981484
great fucking additions, thanks
>>
>>17982923
Don't care.

>>17983037
>english gematria
A puzzle as old as the language, if you make any new developments, lemme know.

>undermining theses
I don't think ANYBODY expected this. Cognitive dissonance is, actually, allowed, especially as we adjust to new facts of reality.

>>17983045
No.

>>17983082
You're very welcome, anon :3
>>
How important is sex in Western magick?
>>
>>17983163
Very.
>>
>>17983171
What if you only want to fuck dragons?
>>
>>17983193
Then I'd recommend /d/, /trash/, or /aco/.
>>
Has anyone ever done a correlation of Voodoo/Santeria with the Sephirots?
>>
>>17983276
If Beriteaux hasn't done this yet then it's just a matter of placing the saints to the Tree which I'm sure has been done by some bored Rosicrucian at some point.
>>
>>17983157
>A puzzle as old as the language, if you make any new developments, lemme know.
I'm not even sure what would constitute a development
>>
File: 1469952594744.gif (117KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469952594744.gif
117KB, 500x250px
>>17981484
Happy to see another update! Thanks Ape.

If anyone wants to save some time finding the files, just go into the particular sub-folder and double click the "date created". I can't believe I just found this "trick" now after wasting so much time, lel.
>>
Can Gurdjieff's methods and teachings be used to manipulate people?
>>
>>17983751

Don't see how and more importantly what the fuck for
>>
If Tantra is not suitable for pasus, how does one stop being a pasu? Increase the influence of rajas and sattva over tamas?

Is such thing even possible?
>>
Where should one start with Chumbly?
>>
>>17984102
It's all bullshit. Read the ONA literature if you are interested in transgressive spirituality
>>
>>17981484
I haven't checked those threads for quite a long while, but I remember that you were writing mails to moot about creating board about magic. Did something changed now with new site owner? Are you still trying to get this board or did you gave up Ape?
>>
>>17981871
>asserting with dead seriousness they're working to overturn the academic method

This is part of the process. Any professor would politely laugh because we deal with it all day. The depth they dont see is pulling them in.

>>17981996
>I'd known this was true with respect to secret societies, occultists, and the like, but didn't realize how worldly and well connected we are more generally

Yes. We've been trying to guide the ship for a long time. What is "wordly" is our construct.

>>17982002
Of course WL is counter-intel. What else could a supplied narrative backed by a flood of relatively useless data be called?
>>
>>17984130
I'm not sure Chumbley claimed trasgressiveness.

>>17984057
The Pashu/Divya/Vira system is more like personality types. "Animal" is not an insult, it doesn't mean "stupid or unclean". Remember Shiva is Lord of Animals. We're all naturally either mystics, ritualists, or people who couldn't be bothered to care. If you can't be bothered to care, I can't force that.

>>17984102
Really depends on what you want. Leaper for history, Azoetia for an underdeveloped chaos-craft. DBoE for high ritual.

>>17984248
Lol. No.

>>17984422
>relatively useless data
B-B-BUT SIGMA, DID U SEE TEH MOLOCH EMAILZ? SHILLARY'S A LEVANTINE MYTSIC!!!1!
>>
>>17981484
Can you include a "version-number.txt" file in the root folder, with "Library Update #" as content, so that we can track the current version? I'm not sure which one I have, and there's no way to make incremental updates, sadly.
>>
>>17983751
Charlatan.
>>
>>17984744
I have a folder with update lists labeled as "update" or "updates".
>>
>>17984733
>B-B-BUT SIGMA, DID U SEE TEH MOLOCH EMAILZ? SHILLARY'S A LEVANTINE MYTSIC!!!1!

They also talk about the Bohemian Grove. They make it sound like people with varying talents and expertise getting together to produce something akin to political wisdom, but anybody in the know knows that it is the continuation of an ancient mystery involving human sacrifice.
>>
>>17983157
>I don't think ANYBODY expected this.

I know I didn't and I'm having a surprisingly difficult time wrapping my head around it.

>>17983440

I'll have to remember to look at Steve the Nazi's chart. Don't remember whether he attributed them to the sephirah.

>>17984422
>Yes. We've been trying to guide the ship for a long time.

Sorry, I laughed inappropriately.

>>17984839

kek
>>
>>17984897
>Sorry, I laughed inappropriately.

Oh but Why?
>>
>>17984733

I care. Just afraid i'm not good enough, or don't care hard enough
>>
>>17984925

What ship and who, exactly, is attempting to guide it?
>>
File: ship-of-theseus-trolley-problem.png (172KB, 625x381px) Image search: [Google]
ship-of-theseus-trolley-problem.png
172KB, 625x381px
>>17984941
>What ship and who, exactly, is attempting to guide it?
>>
>>17984983

Heh.
>>
xN9p9H2j
>>
File: 4ae.jpg (107KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
4ae.jpg
107KB, 800x900px
>>17983045
>>17985017
>it's a "le spoopy vague mystery numbers" post
>>
>>17984941
>what ship
It is one of those macro/micro metaphors for <blank> that needs order, so the ship of civilization.
>who
The Priesthood of the successive Mediator.

It is still a funny euphemism though.

>>17984983
accurate depiction of history.
>>
>>17985024
>xN9p9H2j
nah, im writing something from work and im using x to save the pastebin so i can work on this from here

sorry
>>
>>17985113
Oh, neat.
Not sure why you're using this thread to mediate, but neat nonetheless. Jake Stratton Kent's also in editing mode this season so you're in good company.
>>
File: 1418461712615-0.jpg (111KB, 916x835px) Image search: [Google]
1418461712615-0.jpg
111KB, 916x835px
My favorite spell is hocus pocus ooga booga nig nog
>>
Hermes hermes hermes
>>
>consorting with demons the thread
No thank you. Did it once. Never again.
>>
>>17985175
>>>/d/
>>
>>17985184
Prometheus Hermes Typhon
>>
File: 1469929622010.png (768KB, 1280x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1469929622010.png
768KB, 1280x1172px
>>17985182
Good for you.

>>17985175
>>17985188
>>17985184

Are we just FUNposting now?
>>
>>17985202
>Are we just FUNposting now?

Not really.
>>
>>17985202
Ape, I wanted to ask you some things:

1) What do you mean when you say you're a nondualist? Which dualisms do you reject?

2) Did you read Huxley's The Perennial Philosophy?

3) What do you think of the philosophia perennis? Are they doing it right?

4) Are works like Hero of a Thousand Faces, Golden Bough and White Goddess worth reading?
>>
>>17985245
*Hero with a Thousand Faces
>>
>>17985123
hmm, I dont know who that is, but I appreciate the good vibes!
>>
>>17985202
It helps stimulate the creative spirit. My personal lore has changed and I have yet to find a right proper psychopomp to guide me into the dusky holler yonder over the liminal gap.
>>
>>17985261
>It helps stimulate the creative spirit. My personal lore has changed and I have yet to find a right proper psychopomp to guide me into the dusky holler yonder over the liminal gap.

What is the holdup? Have you ever considered that it might be time sensitive? That you can't just walk up to it and walk away?
>>
File: eoe.jpg (24KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
eoe.jpg
24KB, 600x514px
>>17985271
I haven't seen the signal. Three signs lead the way and so far nothing has carried a single one of them.
>>
>>17985094
>The Priesthood of the successive Mediator.

Wat?
>>
>>17985297
lead the way to what?

>>17985313
Think about it
>>
>>17985245
>Which dualisms do you reject
The problem is in thinking I reject dualism and monism rather than accepting that the All is Divided for the sake of Union.

>Huxley
Yuh, can't say I was that moved by it. William James hit me harder, because it's analytic, at least early on, rather than interpretive.

>Are they doing it right
No...at least not on paper the ways I see it explained. Anybody with experience in various systems can see the ways the goals differ. Sometimes they line up; Kabbalah and certain aspects of Tantra. More often than not, they don't, see Mandaeans v. say the Eleusinians. The pinnacle is the same but the routes are many, and often must be made on your own at the greater heights.

>are these...worth reading
Yes. Everything that's not new age garbage is worth reading. Of those, I'd knock out Bough unless you're interested specifically in Crowley or the development of Anthropological and Comparative Religious thought.

>>17985260
He wrote Geosophia among many others.
>>
>>17985362
>The pinnacle is the same
I believe that's what the perennialists, and Huxley's work in particular, are all about. That's the universal core of truth.

Nobody seems to question that that the paths and symbols are diverses, in fact it is tied with religious pluralism.

Well I'm 3/4 through Huxley's book and I absolutely love the way he criticizes the exoteric traps that are sectarianism, obsessions with words and creeds, and pretty much all of organized religion, and the immorality and political consequences they cause, this is miles ahead of any criticism I've ever seen coming from any fedora.

Also, I found the work quite relevant in an age of fanaticism and extremism, since it was published in 1945. We really could use some more mysticism in this world.

However, I think his work is "too monotheistic." He should cut the polytheists some slack, and let them speak in this anthology of his.

>William James hit me harder
The Varieties of Religious Experience? Why? I take it it's a treatise on the phenomenology of religion, yes?

>Of those, I'd knock out Bough unless you're interested specifically in Crowley or the development of Anthropological and Comparative Religious thought.
Well, in brief, I'm more /his/ than /x/.

Are you saying this because The Golden Bough is outdated? Is there anything you'd recommend in its place, alongside Hero of a Thousand Faces and White Goddess, for somebody that wants to understand the (shared) language of myth, perhaps by somebody other than Campbell and Graves?

Yes, I did read The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious by Carl Jung.

>Everything that's not new age garbage is worth reading.
That's not particularly helpful, because on one hand, new agers read Jung and Campbell (whether they understand it is another matter) and non-shit authors, and on the other, of course not all new age garbage is going to advertise itself as such.

In fact, I often see those two accused of starting the whole new age on /his/.
>>
>>17985362
Bhedabheda?
>>
>>17985487
>Is there anything you'd recommend in its place, alongside Hero of a Thousand Faces and White Goddess, for somebody that wants to understand the (shared) language of myth, perhaps by somebody other than Campbell and Graves?

I liked the White Goddess, but you have to be careful with Graves. His history can be dodgy.
>>
>>17985505
If the problem is history alone, it's not an issue for me, I get my history from historians and archaeologists.

It's the same thing with Huxley talking about parapsychology as if it was unquestioned science. Well, even it may have been in 1945, I don't get my science from novelists and philosophers.
>>
>>17985487
>That's the universal core of truth.
Not every group has the pinnacle in mind. Some have the treeline, or this or that rock formation as their goal. Huxley, et al., mitigate against this as hard as they can by ignoring those groups with specialized focus.

>Why w/r/t James
Well, Phenomenology wasn't a word when he wrote it, but more or less. The first few chapters can be read side-by-side with The Solar Anus for further contextualizing. The reason why it grabbed me where Huxley didn't is in that whole "analytic v. interpretive" thing.

>replacements
Maybe Batille's Theory of Religion and/or Erotism depending on inclination between aesthetic soundness and intellectual satisfaction. If you're a /his/fag more inclined to talk about Justinian era mosaics than the HRE, go with Erotism.

>New Agers read
And you can spot the folks who missed the point from a mile away.

>new age discourse on /his/
And this is where you can see the invading /pol/fags utterly ignorant of people working in the 70's like Margot Adler who made the "new age" a thing by making Wicca, a largely British initiatory cult, accessible to the public.
>>
Recently went to a gnostic mass, ended up having weird dreams for a week. Same kind of dreams I used to have when I was a teenager.
Did the lesser ritual of the pentagram to banish it, shit's cash now.

Didn't think the gnostic mass would have that effect. Opinions?
>>
>>17985531
Embrace the Gnosis.
Try Mass of the Phoenix at home?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpKachYTr-4
>>
>>17985519
>If the problem is history alone, it's not an issue for me, I get my history from historians and archaeologists.

Good man. I'd read him and have fun. Graves was one of my first texts, but I came at this stuff from an oblique angle.

>>17985528
>Maybe Batille's Theory of Religion and/or Erotism

I liked Bataille. He doesn't seem to take philosophizing quite so seriously.

>people working in the 70's like Margot Adler

*ding*

Drawing Down the Moon, was the first real-world occultish text I read. And my entry point was the Simonomicon.

Weird life.
>>
>>17985487
>Well I'm 3/4 through Huxley's book and I absolutely love the way he criticizes the exoteric traps that are sectarianism, obsessions with words and creeds, and pretty much all of organized religion, and the immorality and political consequences they cause, this is miles ahead of any criticism I've ever seen coming from any fedora.

Please note that this is also the seed of his later mental state.

>>17985505
>history can be dodgy.

History is always dodgy. It is self-interpretative memory on a large scale.

>>17985519
>I get my history from historians and archaeologists.

What presupposition makes you think this eliminates the problem of History?

>>17985528
>Not every group has the pinnacle in mind. Some have the treeline, or this or that rock formation as their goal. Huxley, et al., mitigate against this as hard as they can by ignoring those groups with specialized focus.

The problem is with the idea of an Universal core of Truth that is directly available which doesn't also contain untruth.
>>
>>17985630
>History is always dodgy.

There are ways of compensating. If, given the evidence we have, an historical question may be answered at all, we can roughly estimate how credible a given claim might be.
>>
>>17985640
>There are ways of compensating
Compensating for what?
>credible a given claim might be
Talking about credibility or reliability is precisely not to understand why history is dodgy.

Maybe I am wrong though give me some examples of credible and non-credible history.
>>
>>17985666

Historicity of Jesus is a fun one.
>>
>>17985666

The locus of origin of Proto-Indo-European is fun, too.
>>
>To clarify, what do you think constitutes a so-called "new age" paradigm?
I agree it's a largely empty term.
Generally speaking anything that's heavily commercialized (to the point of being at B&N in the 'new age' section, shit like Cunningham's Wicca for the Solitary) that was written and developed after, say...1973?
>>
File: COJfc-bU8AAMQTK.jpg (54KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
COJfc-bU8AAMQTK.jpg
54KB, 600x375px
I was waiting for you to step out of your bubble you little shit

PUNISHMENT
>>
File: 1470165047403.jpg (101KB, 914x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470165047403.jpg
101KB, 914x960px
>>17985827
Ayyyyy gofuckyourself lmao.
>>
>>17985693
>>17985698
Which one is credible or non-credible?

Just to skip to my point, the historical person of Jesus matters about as much as the historical person of Socrates or Plato. They're still a history of something.
>>
>>17985866

I find the former incredible and the received model for the latter unlikely.
>>
>>17981618
>at what point do we draw distinction between Chumbley and Mark Allan Smith

Not sure how you can even compare the two.
>>
>>17985505
>you have to be careful with Graves. His history can be dodgy

That's an understatement.
>>
Which Gurus should I avoid? Which are the "good" ones?
>>
>>17986592
Really depends on the tradition or sampradaya you are trying to enter.
>>
/omg/ doesn't seriously want me to read Ouspensky, do you?
>>
>>17986822
We'd all be better served reading any number of more practical topics related to our goals, but at this point in the game anything is useful, if only to highlight what not to do.
>>
>>17986822
I think he is /omg/ approved due people liking Gurdjieff.
>>
bump?
>>
>>17983037
I think english gematria system should match with the Paths same way greek or hebrew does, giving that alphabet it´s intended in these systems to representate all reality etc same way as language does etc (in it´s own plane). And the key it´s fonetical I think, and that´s the reason why Crowley simply transliterate english to hebrew values to search gematria of english words, mostly because hebrew has proved to be the most given cipher to do that.
>>
Does anyone have Liber Falxifer III scanned or otherwise pdf'd? Asking for a friend...
>>
>>17988465
>Falxifer
Not the third one, haven't heard about it since announcement.

As an aside, both Qayinite and Draconian Gnosis has been explored by non-edgelords who don't mangle the fuck out of the Klifot since the Golden Dawn, you do realize this? It's one thing to not know resources, it's rather another to commit to 218 as a matter of dogma.
>>
>>17985820
>To clarify, what do you think constitutes a so-called "new age" paradigm?
1. Marketing of beliefs, exploitation of traditions, capitalism of the soul.

2. Improvisation of millennialism, cult of future, idolatry of "progress."

3. Divinization of stigma, dispersion of history, failure of reason.

Here are some criticism of new age:

Lakota:
http://puffin.creighton.edu/lakota/war.html

Vedic/Krishnaist:
http://www.veda.harekrsna.cz/encyclopedia/newage.htm

Catholic:
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/interelg/documents/rc_pc_interelg_doc_20030203_new-age_en.html
>>
>>17988511
>Marketing of beliefs
Literally everything about late capitalism.

>exploitation of traditions
Literally everything about any culture ever.
These above two are non-critiques, or at bare minimum, applicable WIDELY outside of the "New Age" movement.

>improvisation of millennialism
And what part of that is present in the works of, say, Margot Adler?

>cult of future
This may be actually legitimate if we include transhumanism as part of the new-age cult of magick via tech-fetish.

>idolatry of "progress"
Wilson presents history as Chaostastrophe, as does McKenna. Adler, et al., are largely silent. Doreen Valiente mayhaps be accused of this, but the woman was at Bletchley, so I'll forgive her a teleological outlook.

>divinization of stigma
Perhaps, but again, this is almost entirely in the eye of the beholder. It's more to do with the Lacanian Other and how to parse rather than "putting on a pedestal".

>dispersion of history
Now we've finally got a meaty critique.

>failure of reason
Then what about Ralph Abraham?

>Lakota
Don't get me started on these cats, but I think I like that interpretation better than the other two.

We have to engage in taxonomy before we can engage in description, given it's the highest level thereof (we can pick out groups, yay for us).

For me "new age" has a very narrow definition mostly related to timeframes their context rather than content in and of itself at this point.

>capitalism of the soul
What does that even mean?
>>
>>17988471
It's an OCD thing. I need it just for completions sake.
>>
>>17986822
>/omg/ doesn't seriously want me to read Ouspensky, do you?

The Fourth Way, is interesting.

>>17988521
>For me "new age" has a very narrow definition mostly related to timeframes their context rather than content in and of itself at this point.

Yeah, I suspect that's the sound approach.
>>
>>17986822
>Ouspensky's a good read.
>>
Isn't the fourth way a jack of all trades master of none kinda philosophy?
>>
File: 1470154440755.jpg (46KB, 400x568px) Image search: [Google]
1470154440755.jpg
46KB, 400x568px
>>17988686
Sounds like most philosophy.
>>
>>17988694
Yeah, but in this context, I'd rather be a full blown faker, yogi bear, or mink. The fourth way is the fucking red mage.

>that pic
made me feel uneasy.
>>
>>17988703
I was about to type up a post defending red mages, then I remembered how garbage they are in every game, so nevermind. Being a jack of all trades can be useful in life, if not necessarily in video games, though.
>>
File: You-spoony-bard.jpg (70KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
You-spoony-bard.jpg
70KB, 610x343px
>>17988715
>>
>>17988715
Sure it can. I have a masters in economics, but I have some useful skills I developed throughout my lifetime. I can do carpentry and construction almost as good as guys who do that as a living (better than some who do), I know farming, hunting, electrical installations... Yeah, I was a poorfag who had to work since he was a kid.
>>
>>17988722
Ape, with all due respect, fuck you! Bards are super awesome. At least in d&d. In FF, they are still better than red mages if you know how to work the RNG
>>
>>17988686

It's a technique.
>>
>>17981484
thanks for the mega dump

the library is gorgeous, shout out to the compilers.

youre doing the gods' work
>>
>>17988727
>bards are awesome
Go play more 2e and get back to me.

>>17988789
I've only been at it for like, what, 4 years?
>>
>>17988814
>Go play more 2e and get back to me.
If you know a group that plays 2e, let me know. I've read up on the 2e bard, and it doesn't sound bad, to be honest.
>>
Can the middle pillar exercise be done while one is beginning to work on the LBRP? Or should LBRP mastery precede it?
>>
>>17988930
Only reason to play one is for dual classing purposes, honestly.

Spells don't make up for being a bad thief.

>>17988960
They should go together, tbqh.
>>
>>17988968
It's always good to have spells. Spells have a lot of variety, and variety=utility in D&D. That's why ranger and paladin > fighter even though they have the same role in a party
>>
>>17988521
>This may be actually legitimate if we include transhumanism as part of the new-age cult of magick via tech-fetish.
The new (golden) age is either in the future or it has started extremely recently because muh Aquarius, it isn't limited to transhumanism and singularitarianism

>capitalism of the soul
>What does that even mean?
Contemporary marketing, exploitation and consumerism applied to soteriology, symbols, rites, spiritualism, etc. with no regard for their origins or compatibility.

A new ager's sorry excuse for spiritualism won't change his way of life, it's like shopping for groceries, a little of this, a little of that.
>>
Why do so many think the elites are magicians and occultists?
Are they?
>>
>>17989001
Thief track classes in 2e are roundly awful unless you convert some 1e material or play Dark Sun. Classes for dips or multi builds who need some proficiency or something.

>>17989049
Sounds like a rephrase of your first two critiques. You may attribute this quality to 'new age' if you please but it seems much more symptomatic of the derascination of the spirit that late capitalist and neoliberal structures attempt to impose.

You can't be a "spiritual consumer" without being a market actor in the first place.
>>
>>17989077
Idiocy and inability to parse actual conspiratorial activities of which we have plenty of just batshit examples.

Probably not. A handful at best. Freemasonry's largely forgot how to be spiritually competent. I'd not be spook'd by those cats unless you're in Continental Europe w/r/t grey and black lodges like P2. Given demographics, I'd say that if you took the 500 wealthiest and most influential, 1 in 20 are probably interested in this sort of material, and within that fraction, 1 in 20 has explored the material in any depth...so of that sample, maybe one person, two if we're lucky, has bought the proverbial clue.
>>
>>17989099
Most of them aren't even especially skilled in more practical pursuits such as persuasion. They have basic psychology down, but can't seem to do anything with it, so I have to assume they're just doing what has worked without any actual knowledge of it. The exceptions are a couple advisors and GET, who is a grand wizard at this shit through what I assume is the ericksonian lineage. Outside of that, power tends to hide down in the ranks and behind the curtain.
>>
>>17989150
>GET
God emperor Trump?
>>
>>17989150
This.
The people who control you aren't in a The Economist interview or on CSPAN giving a stump speech, they're in a small room with fluorescent lighting making under-average salary on a 65hr workweek figuring out how to market the latest app to you.
>>
>>17989184
>under-average salary on a 65hr workweek figuring out how to market the latest app to you
Not true. At least not where I work. I work more than your average wageslave, but the payoff is greater, even in the relative wage/hr. I work in a "small" digital marketing company. We're even getting one of those million dollars IBM super computer that analyses individuals using their social media posts and preferences
>>
>>17989155
None other. He is running a next level game. I don't think he's actually an occultist but this is what one looks like in action.

I'm considering making a thread on charlatanism and mountebanks as it nicely complements the occult and is a far more practical way to put a lot of it into practice. Every great mage is a greater magician and every wizard a counselor.

>>17989184
They're doing the same thing from home under contract while making far over the average in a bathrobe. Or at a cushy washington thinktank. Or they consult and let others do the work.

The people that control you are most often so removed that finding a link is almost impossible.
>>
>>17989212
>None other. He is running a next level game.

Putin's Poodle?

top fucking kek!
>>
>>17989212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUvB1ygPbw
>>
>>17989231

I really enjoyed that.
>>
Newfriend here, will doing the LBRP fuck my shit up? I dont want to lose my gf and the few food friends i have.
>>
>>17989231
I don't know what to make of it when a cryptoconservative agent provocateur endorses---anyone really.
>>
>>17989291
Why would it? Are they actually demons in disguise?
>>
File: ff.jpg (25KB, 400x317px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
25KB, 400x317px
>>17989291
>food friends
>>
>>17989299
Kek bless ye, Ape!
>>
>>17989296
>>17989299
Sorry, dumb phoneposter here, i meant good friends. I've read that banishing the elements can also banish distractions from your life, like losing friends/gf/work etc
>>
File: gote.jpg (50KB, 486x274px) Image search: [Google]
gote.jpg
50KB, 486x274px
>>17989309
Invoke in the morning and banish at night if you're concerned about collateral.
>>
>>17988814
out of sheer curiousity and looking at you for a potential model of inspiration, how much of the stuff have you read, in detail, yourself?

seems both a fulfilling and daunting endeavor
>>
Mind if I post the LHP folder in the general?
>>
>>17989291
I've been doing it daily and nothing bad has happened. The worst thing I ever heard of with that ritual is minor insomnia.
>>
>>17989231

Part of what he's talking about is related to the war on gray space, that reasonably polite sphere of public interaction that makes civil society possible. Trolls are a great weapon in these sorts of wars and our little tin-pot Asian despot has armed and deployed armies of them. Keith and the Kool Kids are also little more than glorified trolls on socio-political issues. When they whine about political correctness, that gray space is the target.
>>
>>17989516
>When they whine about political correctness, that gray space is the target.
While hiding behind Well's interpretation of history putting on the air of being the most enlightened, tolerant, and fragile snowflakes simultaneously shouting down even minor/inconsequential differences of opinion in a rhetorical game of signals.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 432x647px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 432x647px
Ape
What do you know of Chthonios Books (Sussex? and/or elsewhere).
Website? address? inventory/genre? Anything?

>I am in US
>"The Tibetan lama listened respectfully to the Jesuit priest [Father Huc] and replied, 'Your religion is the same as ours.'"
>pic not related
>>
>>17989578
>Chthonios Books
http://www.esotericism.co.uk/index.htm
Email: [email protected]

Chthonios Books
7 Tamarisk Steps
Hastings
TN34 3DN
UK

Tel. 01424 433302
(International +44 1424 433302)
Fax 01424 441606
(International +44 1424 441606)
>>
>>17989584
Thank you as always...
>>
>>17989593
YOU'RE NOT WELCOME! I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER!!!!!
>>
>>17989593
https://openlibrary.org/works/OL2156664W/On_the_mysteries

https://openlibrary.org/works/OL4688028W/The_complete_echoes_from_the_gnosis

https://openlibrary.org/works/OL4524787W/An_English_index_to_the_Enneads_of_Plotinus
>>
File: 243.png (45KB, 246x304px) Image search: [Google]
243.png
45KB, 246x304px
Bazinga.
>>
any advice for summoning archangels? or which texts i can make the most use of
>>
>>17990116
Ars Paulina, Sefer Raziel, various Enochian texts, Magick in Theory and Practice if you fiddle with it a bit, same with Agrippa, Martinist initiation, honestly you could cobble together working systems using most of Western esoterica.
>>
File: gilderoy lockhart.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gilderoy lockhart.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>17985147
>ooga booga nig nog
Those are't real magic words. I should know, I know all the magics.
>>
>>17981484
hey ape
did you remove anything from the mega?
I thought you had a section on discordianism and cant find it anymore?
also whats up with mesmers lair?
>>
Occasional lurker of these generals here, I just posted this:

>>17990309

If you guys ever find Marie Louise von Franz material I'd be very happy if you uploaded it to the library.
I'll post what I have tomorrow.

see ya
>>
what do you guys think about about Hyatt's undoing yourself with energized meditation? worth a read and practice?
>>
>>17990351
If you can handle le discordian randumb serious humor, it has some high points. If you can't, at least he's pissed about it so it's bearable.
>>
>>17990332
I'll put these in the library shortly:
http://bookzz.org/book/1234831/0b0dfb
http://bookzz.org/book/928173/8ab671
http://bookzz.org/book/669008/faf086
http://bookzz.org/book/876524/8d4b41
http://bookzz.org/book/1003764/8be959
http://bookzz.org/book/1076098/7e8e12
http://bookzz.org/book/1076101/726b07
>>
File: 1466980872368.jpg (64KB, 780x589px) Image search: [Google]
1466980872368.jpg
64KB, 780x589px
Crowley wasn't a very moral person, was he.
>>
>>17990515
No :(
>>
File: tower.jpg (98KB, 447x714px) Image search: [Google]
tower.jpg
98KB, 447x714px
Well folks, the end is coming. All my checks are being cashed and everything's going on the table in one last wager. Do you know what choice I made?

You seem tuned in. Can you tell me stories? I want to hear stories about high magicians, love sacrifice and drama, triangles and great mountains, singularity of unity and confusion. I remember starring in these dramas but getting concussed was in the script and the rest is improv. Jog my memory, will you? In return I'll tell you the highest secrets. I'll tell you the story that I've lived as well, if you would like to hear it.

To those attempting to influence me in some respect: Good job, you are. I gladly accept all the joy and pain you send my way, all your attention and ignorance. I'm going to communicate more clearly to you the nature of the game and help you experience the full equation balancing of your actions. Try and see through your light and dark and your good and evil and see what's on the other side. Or, keep on doing what you're doing, but remember that a rose by any other name is still a rose, and that this is how you are defeated.

The night is young and beautiful, and we will have a fire soon. Strip off your fine garments and masks. This is a crazed celebration calling in a new aeon, not a masquerade ball. Eat, drink, smoke, and be merry together. Be flirtatious, sensuous, dangerous, and daring. Find a connection in your deepest desires, make love, lose yourself in the rhythm, and care not for what the sunrise will bring.
>>
>>17990819
Wow, that was a load of shit.
>>
>>17990444
based Ape
thank you man
>>
>>17991947
N/p.

>>17990824
Indeed.
>>
>>17990819
Stop reading so many fantasy novels, no one talks like that in real life.
>>
>>17992089
I somewhat doubt ol' boy's lurking for (You)'s at this hour.
>>
>>17990116
>any advice for summoning archangels?

Approach with caution, humility and deference.

>>17990351
>worth a read and practice?

Very much so. Highly effective.
>>
File: religionsymbols.png (7KB, 953x335px) Image search: [Google]
religionsymbols.png
7KB, 953x335px
Is there any significance in the fact that the three main Abrahamic religions are symbolized with a sun, moon, and star; and the colors red, green, and blue? It's almost like they were deliberately designed to complement each other.
>>
>>17983171
Is being trans (pre-op) going to be an issue then?
>>
>>17992285
I'm pretty sure the red on the cross is meant to represent the blood of Jesus or something. There's a Wikipedia article on the color green: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_in_Islam
One on Judaism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_in_Judaism
>>
>>17992294
Try being aromantic demisexual. Having a daily crank into a mustard pot while thinking about stars this winter is going to be difficult to say the least.
>>
>>17992285
As for the symbols themselves: The cross is obviously the cross Jesus died upon(I'm sure you meant this instead of sun), obviously an important event in Christianity. The Star of David actually wasn't adopted until the 19th century, I was surprised by that, apparently the Jews wanted a symbol to represent them in the same way that the Christians had the cross. The Islamic crescent and star is most widely associated with the Ottoman Empire, again, a symbol that got its popularity in the 19th century, though it didn't start being associated with Islam itself until the 1950s. You learn something new every day, I thought the Star of David was much older, same with the Crescent and Star.
>>
>>17992314
>The cross is obviously the cross Jesus died upon(I'm sure you meant this instead of sun)
The cross is an ancient pre-christian solar symbol, and Jesus is often portrayed with a sun-like halo around his head, referred to as "the light", etc. It's not a huge stretch to equate Christianity with the sun.

Islam follows a lunar calender, and the moon is very important in Islam, as the New Moon marks the beginning of each lunar month. Muhammad is said to have split the moon in half as one of his miracles. Stellar symbolism is also very important in Judaism (see: astrology).
>>
File: Toat Tools.jpg (235KB, 745x731px) Image search: [Google]
Toat Tools.jpg
235KB, 745x731px
>>17992306
^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
File: question mark girl.png (189KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
question mark girl.png
189KB, 500x500px
>>17992306
>aromantic demisexual
Can somebody translate this for those of us who didn't major in gender studies?
>>
Serious question, why do modern practitioners ape up the sexual aspect of the western traditions? do they not know that Dan Brown was fiction?
>>
File: 1434035628582-1.jpg (575KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1434035628582-1.jpg
575KB, 560x560px
>>17992328
I'm having trouble finding a blackthorn bush to make a sticking-pole with and the nearest graveyard is right on the side of the road. It's going to be difficult. And exiting.
>>
File: IMG_20160804_112415281_HDR.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160804_112415281_HDR.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>17992328
Is there anything I can do with a hart instead?
>>
File: battery.jpg (45KB, 480x1608px) Image search: [Google]
battery.jpg
45KB, 480x1608px
>>17992335
Sex is a source of power. If you deny this, you aren't an occultist.

>>17992294
Well, yes.

As a source of occult power, think of the human body as a battery; being trans is like a battery that has had its poles reversed. It will still generate power, but that power can't be harnessed as efficiently, and it can't be combined with other (normal, cis) batteries.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but the occult requires your mind, spirit, and body to be congruent.
>>
File: IMG_20160804_113210613.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160804_113210613.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>17992353
Come on ape, clocks ticking. Tree cows are eating my grass.
>>
File: Inferno of Wytchblood.gif (195KB, 631x724px) Image search: [Google]
Inferno of Wytchblood.gif
195KB, 631x724px
>>17992344
Well, if blackthorn's not local to you, you'll need to improvise.

Stringing it up on a nice rosebush seems like a good Rosicrucian symbol considering the Eucharist of the ants.

I managed to salvage ONE bone that I needed, though the other, more important bone, is still awol. I'll need to fix this soon.

>>17992335
? Well aware Dan Brown's fiction, railed against him to friends and family. But the 'wet' interpretation of alchemy's completely valid, looking over old texts, as mirrored in the East, and probably dates back much much later given accusations leveled against various pagan practices.
>>
>>17992361
If you shoot that thing you better damn well eat as much as is possible. Hope you're ready to clean a corpse.

ON THE OTHER HAND the skull should likely make a great ritual mask or centerpiece for an altar, maybe to Mahazhael, I have nothing immediate with a heart, but if you feel like working a bit of Haruspex, have at it:
https://web.eecs.utk.edu/~mclennan/BA/Har.html
>>
is the purpose of practicing "occult" related things freedom and power?
>>
File: 1436743195112-0.jpg (4MB, 2550x2377px) Image search: [Google]
1436743195112-0.jpg
4MB, 2550x2377px
>>17992374
It's not the time of year for dressing deer and I live in the suburbs so no fun shooting.

>>17992363
There are a couple thorny trees but I haven't been looking for one on my walks. Tick season and the temperature are oppressive around here.

Concerning catching the toad, can I whack it with my ditty bag first?
>>
>>17992335
>do they not know that Dan Brown was fiction?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

>>17992359
>It will still generate power, but that power can't be harnessed as efficiently, and it can't be combined with other (normal, cis) batteries.

Unconvincing.

>>17992363
>But the 'wet' interpretation of alchemy's completely valid, looking over old texts, as mirrored in the East, and probably dates back much much later given accusations leveled against various pagan practices.

Of all people, Waite mentions a German Rosicrucian group that worked a sexual interpretation.

>>17992379

Can be.
>>
File: 1470329532591.jpg (141KB, 791x791px) Image search: [Google]
1470329532591.jpg
141KB, 791x791px
Whats your opinion on St. Teresa of Avila? I have been reading her stuff and some things sounds very gnostic.
>>
>>17992363
>But the 'wet' interpretation of alchemy's completely valid, looking over old texts, as mirrored in the East, and probably dates back much much later given accusations leveled against various pagan practices.

I've got a suspicion we've already had this argument on /his/; you got all pissy when I pointed out "Alchemist sexual ritualism blahblah" is at its very best revisionism.
>>
>>17992403
>What the fuck does that have to do with anything?
Dan Brown popularized the idea that the clergy practice ancient kinky sex magic.
>>
>>17992654
ask to the altar boys
>>
>>17992637
It's Johannine mysticism senpai.
>>
>>17992663
Is pretty interesting... Well all the so called spanish misticism is interesting, from the ascetics to Ignacio de Loyola.
>>
>>17992654

Sex magic and sexual alchemies were a thing long before that hack.
>>
>>17992693
And yet there is no evidence that "sex magic" existed prior to the early 19th century, and "sexual alchemy" was pretty much invented by Weor back in 40's.
>>
I read some stuff in the beginner folder and I like what I see but I have a ""problem". I am a very individualistic guy who like to work alone, I wonder if there is a current, path or school dedicate for the loner, with enough material at least to reach a good level of knowledge until there is really a need to ask or work with a master. Also, I like to learn stuff in the hard way. Is faster and better IMO.

Btw I liked Agrippa's De Occulta... And also the book "introduction to magic" by the ur group, it was like a good complement to Agrippa books, at least for a newbie like me.
>>
>>17992712

I'd have to look at Waite again. It may have been 19th c, but I was thinking it was a bit earlier.

Then there's whatever Dee got up to, obviously, in the late 16th.

Further east is a different story entirely.
>>
>>17992712
Then what do I do with these manuscripts blatantly describing human sexual fluids? What about Sendivogius from 1566? Did Weor time travel to invent that shit too?

>>17992733
There's a self initiation into GD that Pat Zel did, but it's bulky. A.'.A.'. is designed in such a way that self initiation is possible but not ideal. Dragon Book of Essex is designed for four, and also bulky, but not quite as bulky as the GD stuff; it also requires huge amounts of contextualization in the above currents.

>>17992651
Again, what about Sendivogius from 1566? Until you cats can undermine his direct references to sexuality, not veiled interpretive revision...and that doesn't even touch shit like Matrikabheda Tantra.
>>
>>17993140
>There's a self initiation into GD that Pat Zel did, but it's bulky. A.'.A.'.
This sounds good. So I just download his folder and read everything, right?

>DBoE
I am following very close your stuff with this book. I have read a bit of it but it is kinda... Ho to say it, abstract maybe? I always get lost with it.
>>
>>17993199
For Zel? Yes, but A.'.A.'. requires a bit of contextualizing...start with their student reading list, THEN start tearing through material in Class B as indicated by various syllabi and Eshelman's "Magical and Mystical System" or whatthehellever it's called.

>DBoE
Like I said it requires comparatively large amounts of background knowledge that's found in obscure corners of Crowley, The Golden Dawn, and history itself (Agrippa), etc.
>>
>>17993210
Yo Ape you mentioned the Martinist Order in /sum/ earlier, do you have any experience with that or just know of its existence? Either way, what do you think I should know before trying to join an order? I've only been studying the occult for like 3 months or something so I don't know much in all honesty.
>>
>>17993210
Downloading everything, thanks m8
>>
File: 1466327028886.jpg (422KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1466327028886.jpg
422KB, 500x501px
>>17993234
You probably need more knowledgebase. They're not looking for rubberneckers.

Honestly, they are REALLY tight lipped about the exact protocol of their third degree. All I know is they work with angels. They tell you less than Freemasons if you're just asking basic questions about their whole deal.

>>17993238
Aye.
>>
>>17993245
Oh yeah I have no intention of joining until I know more and have more experience, I just don't really know what will be applicable/where to start. I emailed them asking what I should know but looking back that was probably pointless and dumb. I'm starting on the Zohar but it's crazy long and it'll probably take me multiple readings to fully grasp the core concepts, but I'm not sure if it's a good starting point on Qabalah.

Anyway, thanks for the library and thanks for mentioning martinism, I'd never have found it otherwise.
>>
Is there any recommended book about Indo-European mythology?

That crap is hard to find, and I really, really wish to track a certain goddess (Hausos)
>>
>>17993309
Wait until Satyr's back around tomorrow morning (probably). He's a few miles ahead of me in that subject. My knowledge of archaeo-complexes is on the other side of the planet.
>>
>>17993324
All right I'll wait for Satyr then
>>
By the way, opinion on Sri Aurobindo?

Got The Life Divine recently , expected the average guru trash, found a mindblowing vision.

Then retroactively found most things Ken Wilber has said that were of value (like, definitely NOT the color meme consciousness levels) was actually taken from Aurobindo. Also R.A. Wilson quoting him in the Cosmic Trigger. Neat.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (152KB, 1904x1064px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
152KB, 1904x1064px
I also have been watching the discussion whet dboe pops up and am very interested in reading up on it. Ape, could you re post your suggesting reading list to get started with the system? Or, is it sufficient to just start with dboe itself?
>>
>>17993699
>your suggesting reading list to get started with the system:

>Western
Sefer Yetzirah, commented by Aryeh Kaplan (particularly chapter six)
Book of Enoch
Thunder: The Perfect Mind
Essentially all of Rudolph's Gnostic material with special attention to the Mandeans.
Chaldean Oracles of Zoroaster
The Black Brick (Complete Golden Dawn)
Liber 65
Liber 7
Liber Stellae Rubeae
The Vision and the Voice
AHA (Crowley)
Agrippa's Second Book of Occult Philosophy
Complete Austin Osman Spare (including artwork)
The first Typhonian trilogy (MAYBE the second)
Additional MSS XXXXX (Sloane)
Liber Asassiel (see above)
Sacrificial Universe (David Chaim Smith)
Kabbalistic Mirror of Genesis
Complete Magician's Tables
Strong's Concordance, Godwin's Qabbalah, Numberman.net, Bill H.'s tables, etc.

>Eastern (Near/Far)
Gathas/Yasna (or the Avesta, these are Zoroastrian scriptures. The material of most note is related to Zahak and/or various dragons)
A King's Book of Kings (see above)
“Yezidism: Its Background, Observances, and Texts”, I think some of the Yezid influence comes via the hymns in this book.
Anything that will give you a basic foundational understanding of Arabic astronomy/astrology/astrotheology, etc.
Kali Kaula by Jan Fries
Kaulajnananirnaya
Kiss of the Yogini
Triadic Heart of Shiva
Anandalahare
Hevajra Tantra
Shri Yantra and the Sidereal Astrology (Lokanath)
Tantraloka
Paratrisikavivirana

>Afro-Carib material:
African Divination Systems: Ways of Knowing
Way of the Orisa
Kindoki
Palo Mayombe: The Garden of Blood and Bones
Pomba Gria and the Quimbanda
Exu
At the Crossroads
>>
>>17993751
I think you could get away with hevajratanta, some chöd, Cunningham's Wicca for the lonely faggot, a book on kabbala and judicious use of wikipedia for all the mythology. Also a general understanding of genesis exegetics.
>>
>>17993804
I forgot to add my Chod texts, thanks for the reminder. Also, a few of the Kali Tantra pujas can help bear you on the scope of the rites.
>>
>>17993804
>>17993817
I should also add the old traditional British manuscripts describing the witch bottle.
>>
File: 1470257075677.jpg (213KB, 953x531px) Image search: [Google]
1470257075677.jpg
213KB, 953x531px
>>
>>17993845
Ape, your PDF "Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondance Course" doesn't open correctly, nothing shows up. Any ideas? I'm very interested specifically in Hoodoo so this irks me to no end.
>>
>>17993845
How much of DBoE is anything approaching ye auld traditional cræfte? It reads like straight tantra with a touch of crowley thrown in and illustrated by spare. Other than the witch bottles and wortcunning, the essex kunnynge mayne comes off as any number of us dabbling in alchemy and goetics and getting naked in the woods to humor some chick with black lipstick and wet the maypole.
>>
>>17994177
Likely internal corruption, both me and the resident Palo practitioner looked it over when I uploaded it; they verified the material when I was reluctant to upload it because I'm not a voodoo expert and have a hard time discerning bullshit from tradition in some cases.
>>
>>17994186
DBoE is heavy and synchretic and the auld crafte is subtle. There's honestly more in Azoetia and ONE but the implication is that you're aware of how broad in scope and depth DBoE is...also, given the trajectory of the work, it's probably best to interpret Spare and Crowley as in some capacity links in the old ways. A lot of Chumbley's rooted in taking Spare halfway seriously.

I also think some very important bits have been permanently redacted, such as the raising of standing stones in the unpublished ZHA rite.

In any case, when you integrate all this trad. craft material from and through Chumbley, etc., as represented in the folder, the actual aulde shit, such as >>17981886, becomes much more apprehensible.

In some senses we're groping in the dark here. The picture we have of Cunning Craft as per Grimoire of Arthur Gauntlet looks more like alchemy and goetia than you'd expect...hence why I'm so suddenly interested in the materials.
>>
>>17994191
Sorry if I'm being stupid, but I had this problem too. Is that a problem on my end?
>>
>>17994210
Hey ape have you ever heard of tool?
>>
>>17981834
>dat pic
I could have gone all day without that song in my head. Fuck you, Ape!
>>
>>17994210
It's a bizarre blend that has the framework of traditional craft, but the body is almost entirely concordant substitutions. There are glimmers of fair folk or some genuine pagan practice, or at least a vodun syncretization in the texts, but it's all been ophidized for public consumption.
>>
>>17994177
Maybe you should add pdf to the end of the name of the file. It works for me sometimes.
>>
So Ape, this'll be kind of a general question. I've written a lot of just a general religion, made for a specific purpose that I'm not sure of yet. I've taken a lot from Abrahamic, Egyptian, and Greek-Roman mythology as it's presented to the multitudes. I'm interested in expanding this immensely, to a fuller extent and a deeper level.

Do you know of any resources that could help me on my quest? I'm specifically looking for anything that points out similarities or things commonly found within any religion belief system. If you could also think of anything that might be interesting in regards to my task.
>>
>>17994256
Yeah. Danny Carey studies Ken Grant.

>>17994247
Probably on mine, I'll need to hunt down the old copy and reupload.

>>17994291
I suspect this was the goal of Ku Sebbitu.
>>
>>17994474
Hero with a thousand faces, maybe? Or any comparative religion textbook
>>
>>17994537
Hey Aps, long time ago I read this article were an expert in goetics used the system to help people. I don't remember his name, nor where it was posted, maybe you have a clue who this is? Or maybe you know other authors who use the Ars Goetia in this way? The article explained how after meeting the client and asking what were his problems, he related these problems with the demon and exorcised it (don't explain how or I dont remember but I guess it was done like the book says).
>>
/mu/ here, what kind of music you boys down with?
you like david bowie?
>>
>>17993309
>>17993324
>>17993392

I don't know of a good book, to be honest. Any mythology would have to be reconstructed based, at least in part, upon what is known about the origin and spread of Indo-European. That question is still undecided, despite the claims from some quarters.
>>
>>17994537
>I suspect this was the goal of Ku Sebbitu.
It makes me curious about the ku-trishula and how much of it we haven't seen.
>>
>>17995381
LA rite in DBoE plus contemplations from IA through TAN appear to be Ku-Trisula heavy, from my understanding of Vamacara.

>>17995117
Bowie's nice. I've not been listening to much music lately. Probably will when the semester starts and I need background noise for papers and reading.

>>17995108
No clue what you're on about, mate.

>>17994474
Bataille, Theory of Religion/Erotism.
>>
File: Complete Table.jpg (108KB, 856x960px) Image search: [Google]
Complete Table.jpg
108KB, 856x960px
>>
File: Solution 49.jpg (53KB, 592x960px) Image search: [Google]
Solution 49.jpg
53KB, 592x960px
>>
File: secretary_capitals sized.png (85KB, 800x457px) Image search: [Google]
secretary_capitals sized.png
85KB, 800x457px
>>
File: 006235.jpg (126KB, 768x569px) Image search: [Google]
006235.jpg
126KB, 768x569px
>>17995700
>>
File: Secretary lower case sized.png (76KB, 800x455px) Image search: [Google]
Secretary lower case sized.png
76KB, 800x455px
>>17995706
It's never that clean m8. I'm pretty sure sections of Arthur Gauntlet are in nipnong grass script.
>>
>>17995662
>>17995693
Nice.
>>
File: Sigilum.jpg (180KB, 924x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sigilum.jpg
180KB, 924x960px
>>17995710
I know it's not.

Suddenly I'm question my assumptions about Gauntlet's level of education. My working assumption is that these materials have been historically passed up because dudes were uninteresting mud farmers, compared to the founders of the modern scientific endeavor (Dee, et al.). If they were using standardized scripting this throws that assumptions sideways, and I never noticed because I'm not a caligrapher and I'm much more interested in the mileage you can get out of nonstandardized logographs/syllabaries (see: Mayan, Agrippan sigilization).
>>
>>17995722
He can read, his shit is generally extra legible, and based on his knowledge outside the usual vagaries of period christendom and the smattering of latin, I would say that he was a notary at the very least, most likely college educated.

Saying any more than that is difficult because education wasn't exactly uncommon, especially in london even as early as the time of chaucer and any trade would have a working knowledge of latin for contract disputes alone.

In my research, I'd come to the assumption that any work like this requires at the very least---some kind of education or guildwork, a certain deal of social and physical mobility, no small sum of money, access to the libraries of nobility and colleges and some amount of political favor. So what we're looking at for this caliber of cunning man are scribes, apothecaries, doctors, certain ecclesiastic positions, merchaunts, second sons of merchants, minor nobles et al. Really any profession where you combine sitting on your ass with some amount of travel.
>>
>>17992363
Ape, do a favor to the world and pack all those Helen images in a decent format and put them in the MEGA or something, there is nothing from her on all damn internet.
>>
>>17995783
My question, I think, is coming from the perspective of "How much of this Ashmolean shit trickled down outside of the Invisible College & Royal Society?".

I get that education wasn't exactly uncommon (though certainly limited), just that this picture of the cunning crafter (which is accurate, I place Liber Assassiel on there because it's a record of a navigator working with Azazel) conflicts with the procedures of jurisprudence; remember like a quarter of all Essex females were accused of doing this shit, and the Cunning material we have does have one foot firmly planted in the """folk""" tradition, the gaps just fuck with me.
>>
>>17995784
>decent format
Whaddya mean? The images I ripped off Ebay and that hidden publisher page are as good as it's going to get.
>>
>>17995700
>>17995710

That's neat.

>>17995722
>If they were using standardized scripting this throws that assumptions sideways

An interesting observation.

>>17995798
>the gaps just fuck with me.

Indeed. Similar boat to the RC.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 510x383px
>>
>>17995798
It doesn't conflict at all, really. It's the union of some white-hot academia with everyone's favorite pastime. The jurisprudence is the same as any other open secret. You can bugger all you want, just don't get caught.

What's the current mainstream opinion on witch hunts? I'd imagine that they follow the party line that witchcraft doesn't real but keeping up with christist interpretations of history is a worthless pursuit.
>>
>>17995878
>What's the current mainstream opinion on witch hunts
Muh ergot.
Muh patriarchy.
Muh cases everyone's written about tens of times before.
>>
>>17995887
That's certainly disappointing but certainly begs the question: Do we overestimate based upon our own stake in esoterica, or does this knowledge give us a greater understanding over some midwestern 'historian' who couldn't tell you how many victorians were dabbling in the occult and calling it parlor games?
>>
>>17995921
I think we have the edge. Most of them haven't begun to scratch the surface of materials posted early in the thread from academic archive.

In fact, I offer records as such to classmates, who would rather explore citations in popular nonfiction, which are well worn paths at this point.
>>
>>17992306
Well, I do have a talented mouth, and I suppose I could help you keep your hands free during those complicated rituals.
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 960x942px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 960x942px
26 year aulde, genderqueer boi (identifies as "dat meme"), cunningman and sorcerer, schizophrenic mystic, decoder of dark grimoires, manipulator of magical delights, summoner of arcangels and daemons and creature mundanes have no words for, psychonaut of nine years, alchemical tantric yogi, kundalini-awakened, ophidian gnostic, shamanistic pratyekabuddha, self-initiated into golden dawn, aurum solis, IOT, thelema, kaos, and typhonian current, currently working with the azoth, hermetically sealed into the great work, seeking qt3.14 wytch gf to get wyrd with.

If thou wouldst like to live deliciously and see the world then add me on skype, m'ladies.
>>
File: b87.png (223KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
b87.png
223KB, 500x472px
>>17996504
>>
File: 1468111590386.jpg (24KB, 480x516px) Image search: [Google]
1468111590386.jpg
24KB, 480x516px
>>17989231
>That fucking thumbnail
>>
>>17995927
I've always wanted to cite chumbley in a proper context but there is little proper context in the context of psychology.
>>
File: 1469343069621.jpg (11KB, 180x246px) Image search: [Google]
1469343069621.jpg
11KB, 180x246px
>>17996504
>>
>>17981484
is there a way where i could bring a lizard back from the dead
assuming it recently died
>>
I'm thinking about conducting a summoning in the near future. I had favorable results the last time I did it seven years ago, although I had to use psychoactive substances in conjunction with it to produce favorable results. I can answer some questions about Hell and demons in particular if anyone's interested, but take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>17992294
Well, not having a vagina is going to make it hard to perform sex acts that require a vagina.

But for the most part, occult currents have historically been pretty trans-accepting.
>>
>>17996623
i'm a living meme, not a girl
>>17996932
is that a photo of you? i always wanted to get me some spatial sex
>>
>>17994537
Thanks I have always wondered what dan Carey was into ape :)
>>
>>17981557
Your Picatrix Liber Rubeus edition was doctored to remove the reference for "The Creation of the Divinatory Head" which is the point of that version.
>>
>>17981925
Spoonfeeding is not good in magic and computing, but you are providing the library, so...
Open the first and the last page of a book you want. Copy the image links, and figure out how they work.

Say, for Saducismus Triumphatus:
First page:
http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/cache//w/i/t/wit053/05300010.gif
Last one:
http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/cache//w/i/t/wit053/05305860.gif

Notice the pages are in format
http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/cache//w/i/t/wit053/0530###0.gif

Install DownThemAll for Firefox and add this download:
http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/cache//w/i/t/wit053/0530[001:586]0.gif

It will ask if you are using batch descriptors. Click "Download Batch" button and it will grab all pages.

Here, Saducismus Triumphatus (note, this is a zip file; rename it if you don't have a comic book reader, then extract the pages):
https://a.pomf.cat/omktew.cbz
>>
>>17998363
K

>>17996919
One of his late undergrad/early grad papers is on dream.

>>17997368
>Hell
>Demons
>Lemegeton
Pick one.

>>17998405
I have a CBR reader, and I could just split any given PDF into it's constituent files. IJS most academic archives have little in the way of quick and easy methods of file extraction.
>>
File: late_night.jpg (18KB, 387x395px) Image search: [Google]
late_night.jpg
18KB, 387x395px
Mirror of Simple Souls FINALLY fucking arrived, a month later.

They sent me out a second copy because the first didn't arrive...turns out someone in my office found the original when it arrived (place I order from has a weird tendency not to put names on the packages), put it somewhere and forgot, so now I have 2 copies.
>>
>>17998662
Give one to your GDfag buddies.
THE YEAR'S ALMOST OVER!

I've set up a second altar in my space for a proper A.'.A.'. altar across from the CS altar. I'm puzzling out more Rosary configurations for the Toad Bones. Managed to salvage a scapula but still missing an ilium...put the scapula in the DV.

LA was...what it was. I was somewhat disappointed it wasn't more "heavy" - though it's now clear that Satyr's Sermon is a DIRECT product of LA's contemplative practices.
>>
File: 1443244875970.jpg (98KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1443244875970.jpg
98KB, 720x540px
>>17992363
Forgot to ask, how did the graveyard go? Or have you done it yet?
>>
>>17998671
see
>>17998670
I had an instance of dream intervention by the Intercessor telling me, more or less, to hold off on it until I can secure the other bone. I'll probably hold off on writing ZHA until next summer. I'll likely need the time to revise and get back into my regular praxes with Chumbley's material influencing.
>>
>>17998670
Holy shit, has it been a year already? I feel old.

Interesting, sounds like Chumbley either intentionally crafted the entire corpus of CS around DBoE, or kind of built DBoE to slot right into the centre of those.

Did you hear back from Schulke, incidentally?
>>
>>17998679
Nope.
That email may not even be something the guy actually uses. AFAIK the only route of contact's through their snailmail.
>>
Anyone here had any success with astral projection? Is there any books in the library with guides on how to do it and stuff? I want to try it but all the guides I've read seem a bit newagey which I'm not a fan of.
>>
ZAX

Darkness. Then light. Grows and diminishes.

I see a large monstrosity of amphibious/ lizard qualities behind it, faintly, as if it's using the light as bait.

(me) + Hello
(it) - What do you want?
+ To pass.
- Once you pass the trial.
+ What trial?
- That set before you. The time has come.
+ Speak rightly.
- I shall delude you.
+ Fine. How long?
- 2-4 months.
+ In what ways?
- In all ways.
+ Okay. Can I pass now?
- No. (I feel like yes though.)
+ Of all the things in the world, what is your actual hobby?
- (Feel like he's taken aback?)
+ What do you do this whole thing for?
- I don't know.
+ Have you ever done anything else?
- No.
+ Would you mind trying?
- I fear.
+ What do you fear?
- Change. Risk. Pain is better.
+ Pain is inevitable. Have you considered sweetening it with pleasure?
- Yes.
+ How did that work out?
- Badly.
+ Okay. Here's my offer. Instead of a trial, how about you actively participate and guide me towards being worthy of progressing, and in return, I'll work with you to make your existence more bearable.
But all of this is a trick, isn't it?
Goodness of heart be damned, I hear.
- Yes.
+ Regardless of which one it is, makes little difference.
By NSH, I ask you: what is the best thing I can do now?
- Enjoy living.
+ That's awfully honest.
- It's the simple things. The closer you are, the less complex it is.
+ Okay.

Thoughts?
>>
>>17999057

ZAX?

>mfw no images of billboards
>>
Who discordian here?
>>
>>17992359
not OP, however i think you have no understanding of how hormones and chemicals work in your brain, let alone how transgender identifying people feel.
>>
Little late, but you don't happen to have any cochrane hiding in there, would you?
>>
LAT - Quasi-drunk

Darkness. Sense of a tiled floor. The tiles are dark blue. There is a sense of a starry sky above. And I see shiny angels flying, in white and golden robes, as if there is little more than mundane chores to perform. One notices me.

- Hello. I am Gabriel.
+ Hey. What's here?
- This is the space between. This is where we manage things.
+ Is this note the 5th Aire?
- No. You do not yet have Authority to go there.
+ How so?
- Just so. Had it been my choice, it would all be closed/ opened.
+ I see. So what am I here for?
- A maintenance check. You've done something Dangerous, so we want to take care of you.
+ I see. To what end?
- So that you can represent N. *as* N. I.e. so that the school of thought you lead does not become corrupt and hypocritical.
+ What do you need of me?
- Open your heart.

I do, and a shining white light bursts from it. Gabriel extends his palm towards it, and the light becomes clearer, more focused.

- This is all.
+ Thanks. Can you also do something so I sleep better?
- Sure. (Snaps his fingers and I feel something change)
+ Also, how much of S. was legit?
- [redacted]. All of it, in a sense.
+ Is [redacted] an appropriate magic name for me?
- It is your true name, believe it or not.

[end]
>>
>>17981484
Has anyone ever posted a list of of where to start from, where to go to, etc, for in general becoming a motherfucking wizard?
>>
>>17981484
I remember ages ago this giant dump of books and texts and stuff was made. In all that time, has anyone that's been reading and practicing various thing put up any youtube videos or anything showing what successes they've had?

Wondering if anyone can prove that magic and such exists.
>>
>>17994568
>>17995604
Thanks for the material! I've been tearing through Hero with a thousand faces, it's perfect for what I wanted.

I do have one more request. What books are the best on their particular subject in regards to in depth overviews? Like, if I wanted to get into Egyptian mysticism for example, what would be the 'go to book' for it? Particularly Gnosticism.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.