[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone heard of a secret society called, or with a mascot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (22KB, 236x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 236x251px
Has anyone heard of a secret society called, or with a mascot called, The Red Owl?

When I was a child, I found a scroll in my front yard purporting to be send by the Red Owl, attempting to make contact with kids, I guess.

I don't recall the exact purpose of it, I was pretty young and gave it to my parents, and I could never figure out who sent it. They said it was probably a friend, but they all denied it quite believably.
>>
File: 1467675311012.jpg (22KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
1467675311012.jpg
22KB, 600x577px
>>17979575
One time when I was in Washington DC on vacation there were these people from the Hare Krishna movement handing out flyers, and I had been watching their floats and banners all day and I was interested, but when I walked toward the man handing them out, he just glared at me, and when I reached out to take the flyer he moved it away from my hand and gave it directly to my mom
>>
>>17979592

I don't understand the parallel if you're trying to draw one.
>>
>>17979871
sure thing and my parents don't understand why it's not ok to berate and lie to children

I guess you're just stupid
>>
>>17979897

Definitely not. I'm extremely intelligent and was precocious from a young age. You could work on your rhetorical writing skills.

In any case, perhaps I should clarify.

I say I guess it was aimed at kids, because, even though I found it in my front yard, it appeared directed to me (e.g., "you've been chosen/contacted by the red owl"), but I concede that my child mind could have simply perceived it in that way, in which case the audience was young people.

What I'm trying to do is find out if anyone received anything like this when they were a kid or are aware of an organization that does things like this.
>>
Bohemian Grove? there's rumors the political elite worship a giant owl idol . The statute is supposed to represent Moloch the Canaanite Deity that child sacrifices were made to .
Disclaimer I read this on 4chan so probably not true
>>
File: owl-of-minerva-wikipdia.jpg (62KB, 272x352px) Image search: [Google]
owl-of-minerva-wikipdia.jpg
62KB, 272x352px
>>17979989
>>
File: 12-roman-godsgoddesses-8-728.jpg (88KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
12-roman-godsgoddesses-8-728.jpg
88KB, 728x546px
>>17979998
>>
>>17979989
She is just a cover.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>17980008
>>
File: tumblr_nl6tun4MOa1tfhci9o1_500.jpg (105KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl6tun4MOa1tfhci9o1_500.jpg
105KB, 500x694px
>>17980008
>>17980015
A cover for something... far more sinister.
>>
>>17979575
I think this post is made up
>>
>>17979575

Red Owl is a defunct chain of US grocery stores. You probably got a coupon flyer and thought it was much more interesting than it really was.
>>
>>17979897
>
>>17979976
You guys are both ass holes. The way I see it neither of you are intellagent because your such faggots.
>>
>>17980125
>intellagent

Nice try.
>>
>>17980119
>>17980098

Nope. Didn't grow up in the Midwest. I've seen that before. This was sufficiently cryptic that my parents didn't want to talk about it. They were generally like that about a lot of things (not because they have any hidden knowledge, but because they're pretty down to earth), but point being, it wasn't an ad or guerrila marketing campaign.

>>17979989
>>17979998

This didn't happen in SF, but I spent the holidays there, at a residence near one of the city's Masonic temples, which is across the street from a grove where they have free concerts on the weekends. So I have wondered if there was a connection.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.