[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here believe in the multiverse theory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 14

File: bill u srs.png (86KB, 225x252px) Image search: [Google]
bill u srs.png
86KB, 225x252px
Anyone else here believe in the multiverse theory?
>>
File: Crystal spheres.jpg (52KB, 685x456px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal spheres.jpg
52KB, 685x456px
>>17979258
Anyone here believe in ~~TRANSPOSITION~~
>>
>>17979258
No. I'm sure my counterparts, in their respective universes, may hold different opinions, however.
>>
File: 1467779568946.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467779568946.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
Anyone here ever taken a long walk down a short hall?
>>
>>17979258

Pretty good possibility but I lean more towards energy conservation multiversal theory.

The theory that only one line of the multiverse is active at any given time, all the others exist only in a type of buffer or theoretical existance.

Don't bother googling it, I think I'm the only one whos figured it out yet.
>>
File: Jesus 2.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus 2.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>Theory
>>
>>17979279
Ignoring your pretentious as fuck last sentence, what you're saying makes no sense.
The energy required to "simulate" an alternate reality in that way is the same as it would take for alternate realities to just exist.
>>
>>17979258
no, but only because I believe in the simulation theory.

anything we experience is really just programming inside our minds.
>>
>Wake up every morning
>everyone denies the events of the previous day ever occured
>tell them their memory is bad
>no that just didnt outright happen anon, youre weird

so my friends have fucked up memories (well some do), or going to sleep teleports me between the multiverses.
>>
File: 0b4.jpg (35KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
0b4.jpg
35KB, 453x576px
>>17979316
>>
>>17979303

Not if it all stems off the seed beginning reality. Then that seed would contain all the energy needed for a universe to exist and store hypothetical realities in a suspended unreality state to be used when or if paradoxes occur.
>>
>>17979329
Well that's just a bunch of nonsense
>>
>>17979329
>>17979303

You are both assuming it takes energy to create other realities. What if energy isn't real? what if force and energy are just numerical values that are programmed into your consciousness?

Like when you turn on god mode in a video game and make your punches infinitely powerful. No energy was created out of nowhere violating the law of thermal dynamics.

but who cares? it's just a video game so you can program whatever you want.

Imagine then that reality is a program and god is the programmer.

it takes not energy, but a fiat, to decree a law that gives rise to new realities.

energy is not real. energy is but another chain we slaves and prisoners of the universe must obey.
>>
>>17979316
Or C, you're crazy. Don't worry, most of us(humanity, and to a greater degree /x/) are.
>>17979258
I believe in multiple universes. An infinite number of them in fact. And an infinite number of multiverses too, with an infinite number 2nd level multiverse, on and on until the infinite number of infinty-level multiverse is contained by a single Ominverse.
>>17979265
I'm a follower of Juxtaposition actually.
>>17979278
I try not too, makes me feel like I'm banging my head against the wall.
>>17979279
??? That would require just as much energy as the whole... This guy beat me to it->>17979303
>>17979310
So multiple simulations can't be running at the same time? Or variables can't be changed between run times?
>>
>>17979345
for what is energy and thermal dynamics but the law of equivalent exchange?

God is a banker and he has us all set up on a predatory ponzi scheme of life force economics.
>>
>>17979338

You want to hear some real nonsense? I think everyone exists within their own seeded reality too. Meaning only (You) really exist in the reality you currently experience. However, (You) are only a part of a mass multiversal awareness shared among countless other "aware" species.
>>
File: Kheops-Pyramid.jpg (310KB, 1581x971px) Image search: [Google]
Kheops-Pyramid.jpg
310KB, 1581x971px
>>17979353
>So multiple simulations can't be running at the same time?

There is only one "simulation" and it encompasses all realities and realities within realities.
>>
>>17979345
Energy, memory, processing power, pick your definition.
>>
File: panopticon-image.jpg (1MB, 3000x1631px) Image search: [Google]
panopticon-image.jpg
1MB, 3000x1631px
>>17979355
If you believe that... then who are all the people you are talking to?
>>
I, personally, enjoy the multiverse theory because then there would be a universe in which I am not a loser.
>>
>>17979360
Does the simulation encompass itself?
>>
File: 150px-Lion-faced_deity (1).jpg (9KB, 150x184px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Lion-faced_deity (1).jpg
9KB, 150x184px
>>17979362
What if the limitation is the illusion and infinity is the truth? What if God is a prison keeper, restraining us from our true forms to something fractured and incomplete?

What if in truth there is no limitation to energy or memory or processing power?

God created us as beings lesser than itself, he did not create us as his equals.
>>
it is easy to prove it wrong, think this way: if there is every possibility as a universe/dimension, there is a dimension where humans found a way to colonize all dimensions and every planet, if they did that why there is no one enslaving us now. And if there is infinite universes that enslave everyone there is infininite universes that are not enslaved. That is a paradox, so i don't believe in the multiverse theory
>>
>>17979373
no, though it can grant the illusion that it does, if I understand your question correctly.

you can fake anything.
>>
I believe that realities are constantly being formed and destroyed due to probability and choices. Every time someone makes a choice, no matter how mundane, I believe that the universe splits.

>>17979310
But wouldn't this mean that something exists outside of our minds?
>>
>>17979386
>But wouldn't this mean that something exists outside of our minds?

Wake up
>>
File: whuuuuuut.jpg (25KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
whuuuuuut.jpg
25KB, 500x371px
>>17979390
>>
>>17979258
Do i have to bring up the berenstA/Ein bear controversy
>>
>>17979379
So, the simulation can simulate a simulation of the simulation?
But, the simulation does not include itself. In which case, what is the simulation in? What, if anything, does the simulation exist inside of? Is the simulation we experience actually a simulation of another simulation?
>>
>>17979396
>what is the simulation in?

the simulation is in your mind.
>>
>>17979364

Bubbles. The universe only exists within a bubble of our personal perception. When we interact with others we merge bubbles of our reality with theirs, since the only people we can interact with are in the same type of reality as ours.

>>17979374

What if, (We) are God?

>What if in truth there is no limitation to energy or memory or processing power?
It's something to think about thanks.

>God created us as beings lesser than itself, he did not create us as his equals.
We created God. What we are is nothing more than the universe experiencing itself through a 3rd dimension. It does this through all the dimensions. I do not know its motives, I can only guess with my limited 3rd dimension wisdom that it is for experience of this dimension, and by extension, the other dimensions.
>>
File: index.jpg (12KB, 272x186px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 272x186px
>>17979391
>What is a soul?
>>
soundtrack for this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfYd-OiZOqk
>>
>>17979390
CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>17979402
>We created God.
That's a little blasphemous, broski.
>>
File: mary-magdalene-clings-to-jesus.jpg (142KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
mary-magdalene-clings-to-jesus.jpg
142KB, 1024x764px
>>17979415
>Things like this don't happen to people like us
>>
>>17979401
>Solipism
No thanks.

t. Nihilist
>>
File: Mushroom.jpg (135KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Mushroom.jpg
135KB, 720x960px
>>17979442
You know if you don't continue developing your thoughts as your life goes on, deeper portions of the brain atrophy and drain away leaving empty spaces known as voids

The reason for this is quite obvious, but in case your not savvy, I'll try to state it concicely:

No one wants to reincarnate as you
>>
My worst case scenario is that all I'll ever have is theories and even in death I'll never find out the truth.
>>
>>17979258
not in the way tv and movies portray it. Its been so perverse and distorted that it's but a shell of what it is supposed to be.
>>
>>17979354

Lol Nope .

This is just this level dominate by greed wich you got to get over
The universe is more like a ecosystem.
>>
>>17979258
I do.
I also believe that once you die, this universe goes with it, and your soul is transferred to another universe.
>>
>>17979402
Dude you're invading my personal bubble. I'm going to have to ask you to back the fuck off!
>>
>>17979310
this guy gets it.
>>
>>17979310
Simulation theory and multiverse theory don't exclude each other
>>
>>17979365
I kek'd
>>
>>17979258
The many world interpretation is correct in it's assumptions.
>>
>>17979394
No
>>
>>17979353
What the fuck is Juxtaposition? Are you just making bullshit up?
>>
There's no way that there isn't an infinite number or multiverses. We aren't in a simulation, but exist solely as our own specific dimension with unique constants to our verse. Each individual choice defines our dimension even further and continues to split infinitely as time goes on.
>>
>>17980710
You can't be this sure that we are not in a simulation, you retard
>>
>>17980720
The simulation theory is straight retarded. Don't call people retard if you're one as well. His theory is more sound than yours.
>>
I believe in pretty much everything.
>>
>>17980710
>There's no way that there isn't an infinite number or multiverses
Actually there is a way, it's called a universe based on immutable rational laws rather than infinite universes based on random and arbitrary laws. The laws of nature are just the laws of mathematics, and there's no way or reason those laws could ever be different in our universe or any other.
>>
>>17979258
No. But if it did exist there's no way for me to verify or interact with it so it might as well not exist.

Now demons spreading syphilis and typhoid? hell yeah nigga
>>
I believe in multiverse theory as I am a fictionkin. I believe that in another universe, I am, or I was a different entity.
>>
>>17980914
It actually isn't. It is by far the least idiotic thing that is discussed on this board.
>>
>>17980661
A pun. Really do you not own a dictionary?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.