[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /x/ Files, Issue Thirty-Eight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: all-seeing-eye.png (7KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
all-seeing-eye.png
7KB, 400x300px
Greetings, and welcome to The /x/ Files, the weekly news digest for 4chan's Paranormal board. Every Sunday, we take a quick snapshot of the mysterious world around us and bring it, in an easily readable magazine format, to the board. I am The Editor, the anonymous creator of this idea and collector of the news that will be following below. In the interests of legitimacy, I will be using a secure tripcode to post the thread; once the posts are completed, I will take the tripcode off and return to my anonymity.

Apologies for the late delivery, but a thunderstorm rolled through and knocked out my power for most of the day.

Table of Contents:

1: Paranormal News of the Week
2: Paranormal Article of the Week
3: Radio Show Roundup
4: Paranormal Podcasts
5: Editor's Note
>>
Paranormal News of the Week

Chinese Scientists Plan First Human Test With Gene Editing Tool

Chinese scientists are embarking on what appear to be the first human trials with the Crispr gene editing tool, the latest effort by the country’s researchers to master a technology that might someday be a potent tool in developing therapies worldwide.

The group led by Lu You, an oncologist at the south-western Sichuan University West China Hospital, has recruited the first patient for a ten-people clinical trial, which will activate immune cells using Crispr and infuse them back into patients to fight lung cancer. Due to potential risks in using the pioneering treatment for humans, the team has decided to treat the first group of three patients one at a time, Lu said in a phone interview.

A similar trial planned in the U.S. for the end of the year is currently under review at the University of Pennsylvania. It will also require approval from the federal Food and Drug Administration before it goes ahead.

Full Story: http://www.nature.com/news/chinese-scientists-to-pioneer-first-human-crispr-trial-1.20302
>>
File: Callmahnow.jpg (154KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
Callmahnow.jpg
154KB, 625x469px
Infamous Television Psychic "Miss Cleo" Has Passed Away

A flame of American 90's childhood went out on Tuesday with the death of Miss Cleo, the famous infomercial tarot card clairvoyant with the turbans, faux Jamaican accent and over-the-top dramas she solved with her tarot cards.

Miss Cleo, real name Youree Dell Cleomili Harris, died in Palm Beach, Florida on Tuesday, aged 53. She had been battling colon cancer.

In the late 1990s and early 2000s, Harris’ television ads – where she implored people to “call me now for your free tarot card reading” (a claim that later saw her and the business she worked sued for fraud) made her famous. In those decades, it wasn’t uncommon for celebrities – including Hulk Hogan and New Kids on the Block – to have call-in numbers, but Miss Cleo’s ads became a cultural phenomenon of their own.

Despite being dubbed clairvoyant, Harris also said she never claimed to be one, and instead studied voodoo under a Haitian mambo for 30 years.

"So they refer to me as psychic – because the word voodoo scares just about everybody. So they told me, 'No, no, no, we can't use that word; we're going to call you a psychic.' I said, 'But I'm not a psychic!' I'm more a shaman, an elder in a community who has visions and gives direction to people in their village. My clients and my students are my village. I take care of this community. If you sit down at my table, you have to take away a lesson and not just learn what is going to happen tomorrow," she said in a 2006 interview with Advocate magazine.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/27/miss-cleo-psychic-tv-infomercials-90s-dies
>>
>>17979010
Some sort of karmic justice?
>>
Paranormal Article of the Week: An Uncut Exorcism

Many of us are familiar with the sad and horrifying story of Anneliese Michel, the 24-year-old German woman who died after undergoing a grueling series of Catholic exorcisms. Anneliese’s story has become that of legend, even spawning the film The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Over the years, the facts surrounding the girl’s death have been at the center of many debates betweem believers and skeptics, but there’s still one piece of evidence that everyone needs to hear before making up their minds: the audio tapes.

While a few low-quality recordings have been floating around on the internet in various forms, they’re usually only around six minutes long. Below, you’ll find the rare, uncut version of the original tape recordings of Anneliese Michel’s 67 exorcisms, which clock in at around an hour and a half. While the audio is entirely in the German language, it isn’t any less horrifying to listen to.

Full Article: http://weekinweird.com/2016/07/27/listen-to-the-rare-uncut-recordings-of-the-67-terrifying-exorcisms-of-anneliese-michel/
>>
File: Coast.png (200KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Coast.png
200KB, 512x512px
Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

Monday: Location of Atlantis/ Skulls, Giants, & Anomalies

In the first half, research physicist and author Stan Deyo discussed his most recent work, a startling new theory on the location of Atlantis. In the latter half, author and researcher L.A. Marzulli and writer Richard Shaw spoke about their latest documentary and presented updates on the testing of an elongated Peruvian skull, an odd winged humanoid creature, giants, and other strange anomalies.

Tuesday: Futurism & Politics

In the first half of the show, political consultant Dick Morris discussed his passion for futurism, and projecting what the world will be like 10-20 years from now, as well as commented on the Clintons, Trump, and the election cycle. Open Lines followed.

Wednesday: Explosion of Science/ Biblical Mythos

In the first half of the show, Leonard Mlodinow, an author with a Ph.D. in theoretical physics, talked about the explosion of science in the last 50 years and how it's propelling us into a fascinating new future. In the latter half, paranormal investigator and author Scott Roberts talked about the veracity of biblical history and archaeology, and various metaphysical aspects.

Thursday: GMO Battles/ Demonology & the Paranormal

In the first half, leading spokesperson on the health dangers of genetically modified foods, Jeffrey Smith, talked about the epic battlefronts on the war for GMOs. In the latter half, paranormal investigator and demonologist Andrea Mesich described working with cases of demonic possession and infestation, as well as commented on the current state of paranormal research.

Friday: Anonymous & Hacktivism

Filling in for George Noory, guest host Jimmy Church was joined for the entire 4-hour program by former hacker Gregg Housh, who discussed the secret world of hackers and hacktivism, as well as his key role in the hacker collective Anonymous.
>>
File: Podcasts.jpg (182KB, 1054x1157px) Image search: [Google]
Podcasts.jpg
182KB, 1054x1157px
Paranormal Podcasts

Paranormal Podcast: Programming The Nation

Documentarian Jeff Warrick joins to talk about his film, Programming The Nation, and the subject of subliminal messaging in entertainment and advertising.

Link: http://jimharold.com/programming-the-nation-paranormal-podcast-441/

The Paracast: July 31st, 2016

Gene and Chris are visited by Marc Dantonio, the chief photo and video analyst for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON).

Link: http://www.theparacast.com/

Mysterious Universe: 16.03

This week we look at ‘The Way of Seers’ and one man’s world wide quest to track down the secrets of pre-cognition. We then feature caped phantoms from history that make Batman look like an alter boy and investigate the questionable Ouija tale of the “Bye Bye” man.

Link: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/07/16-03-mu-podcast/

Thinking Sideways Podcast: Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter

On August 21st, 1955, unidentified creatures came to a farmhouse in Kentucky. The people in the house were so frightened that they opened fire and for 3 hours the creatures kept popping their heads up in front of the doors and windows until finally the family headed to town for reinforcements. No evidence of the creatures was ever found so did they really exist or was the whole thing made up?

Link: http://thinkingsidewayspodcast.libsyn.com/kelly-hopkinsville-encounter

Stuff They Don't Want You to Know Podcast: Wikileaks and the DNC

Earlier this summer Wikileaks released a cache of internal emails from the Democratic National Committee. "Unnamed experts" trace this event back to Russian hackers. But who are these hackers? What proof exists? And, most importantly, who hacked democracy?

Link: http://www.stufftheydontwantyoutoknow.com/podcasts/wikileaks-and-the-dnc/
>>
Bizarre States: Live from SDCC w/Nick Groff

Jess and Bowser are joined by Ghost Adventures‘ Nick Groff on this special live episode from San Diego Comic-Con 16!

Link: http://nerdist.com/bizarre-states-93-live-from-sdcc-with-nick-groff/

Euphomet: Bloodline

On this edition we're joined by forensic geologist and host of History Channel's AMERICAN UNEARTHED Scott Wolter

Link: https://soundcloud.com/euphomet/23-bloodline-forensic-geologist-scott-wolter-live-072816

The Dark Myths Collective:

We are a group of podcasters dedicated to producing high quality and emotionally power-packed listening experiences. While our shows span the full spectrum of genres from history to fiction to crime stories, what binds them together is that they explore the darker side. This allows you to cross genres and discover podcasts you might not have found.

Link: http://darkmyths.org
>>
File: editors-note.png (10KB, 380x141px) Image search: [Google]
editors-note.png
10KB, 380x141px
The USA is the only wealthy, industrialized nation that does not ensure that all citizens have healthcare coverage.
In 2004, the Institute of Medicine reported, "lack of health insurance causes roughly 18,000 unnecessary deaths every year in the United States."
A 2009 Harvard study estimated that 44,800 excess deaths occurred annually due to lack of health insurance.
Franklin D. Roosevelt advocated a right to medical care in his 1944 proposal for a Second Bill of Rights.
In 2007, 62.1% of filers for bankruptcies in the United States cited high medical expenses as the primary reason.
The Constitution of the World Health Organization states that, "...The highest attainable standard of health is a fundamental right of every human being."

Don't let ANY political entity, organization, or affiliate tell you that you don't deserve or can't afford universal healthcare. Don't be tricked by anyone saying that it's bad, or costly, or it takes too long to get procedures, or anything negative in any way. They are either lying, or misinformed.

Archive: https://4chanxfiles.wordpress.com/

Email: [email protected]

Until Next Time
>>
>>17978993
Cheers, Ed
>>
>>17979057
Goddamn commie
>>
File: post-110069-1270913064.jpg (7KB, 279x267px) Image search: [Google]
post-110069-1270913064.jpg
7KB, 279x267px
>>17980309
>>
File: 1331004706488.jpg (103KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1331004706488.jpg
103KB, 500x338px
>>
>>17978993
Thanks, Editor
>>
Underrated thread bump
>>
You're doing the lords work, ed
>>
loving every single one of these topics, except r.i.p. ms cleo.

thanks editor.
>>
those exorcism recordings are disturbing
>>
Sad to see miss Cleo go at 53.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.