[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What lies beyond the veil of known reality, /x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: cosmic_horror.jpg (178KB, 900x665px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic_horror.jpg
178KB, 900x665px
What lies beyond the veil of known reality, /x/?
>>
Take DMT and find out for yourself
>>
>>17978740
This.

Also, the question is fucking meaningless. If you're more specific I might respond to any questions you have
>>
lol druggos thinking drug shows them secrets
>>
>>17978747
The question is a reference to a lot of Lovecraftian cosmic horror shit
>>
YouTube channel PBS Spacetime is a good place to seek answers on this kind of subject.
>>
By definition it cannot be known, so go fuck yourself and your gay thread.
>>
>>17978761
Thanks for the bump then, friendo.
>>17978757
Neat, I'll actually check this out.
>>
>>17978735
truth
>>
>>17978751
Don't even start with that nonsense. Psychedelics alter your state of consciousness "fact".

And how do we look beyond the current "reality" by altering your consciousness, obviously.

Now just leave the thread
>>
>>17978751
This. I mean aren't the visuals and the feelings during the trip just because of your mind racing fast and bugging?
>>
>>17978735
To be honest, I don't think you want to know. You just wanted to spark some form of debate.

Lets be honest, when I wanted to know, I definitely didn't start here on 4chan..
>>
>>17978782
No, like the other anon said in the previous post, it's an altered state of conscious and you subconscious bubbles up along with other sensory, time keeping and memory phenomena. DMT is in a whole other level and literally tears you out of normal reality into a conscious space beyond 4 dimensions you currently perceive. As OP asked, it allows you to peek beneath the veil of normal reality
>>
>>17978782
No its nothing like that, go educate yourself on altered states of consciousness, perhaps experience it for yourself, then, you can make a rational conclusion or at least attempt it.

I don't know how to fix a car, so I take it to a mechanic, mechanics learn a trade so they know how to fix a car.

You can experiment with consciousness and be then qualified to answer such questions, but it doesn't sit well with the current mainstream social blshit
>>
>>17978751
>>17978782
Stop even trying to explain it to them. Their brains are already beyond repair.
>>
>>17978735
Anyway I'll answer your question.

First of all, you can't name it, and its not a thing you can point at and say "oh look there it is"

It has no location because it is infinite, being infinite it must be at all points of anything.

It is apart of you, not you as in your superficial ego, but as in the fabric of your being, just like all other beings and even objects.

In many ways what's beyond is no different to what's here, its all just pattern and form. Only there you don't look at it through a Human perspective, so instead of looking at it as something Alien, you understand that ITS YOU
>>
>>17978811
Checked

Whatever if you want to limit your experiences then be my guest
>>
File: XX8pzE5.jpg (195KB, 2048x1482px) Image search: [Google]
XX8pzE5.jpg
195KB, 2048x1482px
The question is paramount to "what shape is a REAL circle?" Perceiving a lower reality to be an illusion doesn't mean it's fake.

An autobiography is an illusion; the ink forming letters, the letters appearing as words, the words calling ideas and thoughts. All of its actually an illusion and constructed. But it still carries an idea and conveys a meaning.
>>
>>17978811
Dmt has no negative effects on the Human mind. In fact its already present in your makeup, which you may or may not know.

Also I'm very bored at the moment, that's why I'm here, if you would like I could list Hundreads of discoveries Humans have made while on psychedelics.

Most importantly Dr Francis Crick discovered the inner workings of DNA while on LSD, he actually received some sort of reward from the queen of England for that very discovery.

What game are you getting at?
>>
>>17978836
This is actually a pretty good explanation.
>>
>>17978836
Which is interesting.

Because when you're in that state, there seems to be no meaning, or at least there doesn't need to be a meaning, then here we see meaning, even if people day life has no meaning, it does.

Even if its just basic Human functions. Eating and sleeping, is meaning
>>
>>17978869
That's not meaning. That's just necessity to keep a system (your body) operating. But does it even matter if the system keeps going? Meaning is much more complex than that imo
>>
>>17978841
Crick was a thief that stole from Rosalind Franklin, you druggo twat.
>>
>>17978792
>subconscious
you know freud was making that stuff up, right?
>>
>>17978735
More of the same I suspect
>>
File: Icon_second_coming.jpg (186KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
Icon_second_coming.jpg
186KB, 600x770px
Verily, verily I say unto thee, except a man be borne of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdome of God.

That which is borne of the flesh, is flesh, and that which is borne of the spirit, is spirit.

Marveile not that I saide unto thee, Ye must be borne againe.

The winde bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tel whence it commeth, and whither it goeth: So is every one that is borne of the Spirit.

Nicodemus answered, and said unto him, How can these things be?

Jesus answered, and saide unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Verily, verily I say unto thee, We speake that we doe know, and testifie that wee have seene; and yee receive not our witnesse.

If I have tolde you earthly things, and ye beleeve not: how shall ye beleeve if I tell you of heavenly things?

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but hee that came downe from heaven, even the Sonne of man which is in heaven.

And as Moses lifted vp the serpent in the wildernesse: even so must the Sonne of man be lifted up:

That whosoever beleeveth in him, should not perish, but have eternall life.

For God so loved þe world, that he gaue his only begotten Sonne: that whosoever beleeveth in him, should not perish, but haue everlasting life.

For God sent not his Sonne into the world to condemne the world: but that the world through him might be saved.

He that beleeveth on him, is not condemned: but hee that beleeveth not, is condemned already, because hee hath not beleeved in the Name of the onely begotten Sonne of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darknesse rather then light, because their deedes were evill.

For every one that doeth evill, hateth the light, neither commeth to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But hee that doeth trueth, commeth to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
>>
>>17979002
wow really? please tell more
>>
>>17978735
more reality
>>
>>17978767
yes, but assuming this altered consciousness is somehow higher or more real than the unaltered consciousness is beyond stupid
>>
>>17980834
This.
Your mind doesn't require "drugs" to have visions, what you'd call "higher consciousness". Wtf is consciousness anyway? I think it's a "permanent" state of being, like here on earth. Who knows what consciousness there is beyond, so let's not classify them into tiers.
I had a vision one time just before falling asleep of me dissolving into someone's backyard looking around at all their clothes hung out to dry and what looked like a golden retriever run out of the house to greet me. everything was black and turquoise instead of black and white. I was completely sober both times. The vision lasted literally 10 seconds. I was awake, I remember thinking WTF and then falling asleep maybe 5 mins later.
>>
>>17980962
>Your mind doesn't require "drugs" to have visions

Yes it does. Your brain *is* drugs. Literally.
>>
>>17980970
That's what I was trying to say. Drugs=chemicals, brain=chemicals
Your brain doesn't require external chemicals to have visions.
>>
>>17978735
If known reality is the edge of the observable universe, more of the same universe except we don't get to see it.

Ever.
>>
File: derailed.jpg (81KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
derailed.jpg
81KB, 800x800px
>>17980977
You said mind not brain nigger.
>>
>>17980989
Your brain composes your mind, nigger
>>
>>17981033
No... It doesn't. Thats like saying earth encompases the Universe
>>
>>17981053
It composes it in a normal, everyday sense, that's what I was getting at. I should've been more specific.
I agree with you, it's a good distinction to make.
"The body cannot live without the mind." -Morpheus
...although I like to think of it as the body cannot live without the spirit. Which is a whole different area of discussion.
>>
>>17981077
You're making another common mistake, the body and mind are one, body and mind are not separate things.

Everything is contence of mind! Where else would it be?

You know this, and so foes everyone else
>>
>>17981077
Contents.

Correction
>>
>>17978747
J
>>
>>17978735
The possibility of OP losing his virginity.
>>
File: OHMYGOD.png (90KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
OHMYGOD.png
90KB, 500x263px
>>17982728
BAKANA!
>>
Isaiah 57:15

The Eternal King.
>>
>>17978735
Undiscovered reality, you dumb shit.
>>
>>17983177
That will teach'em
>>
>>17979215
Who are you
>>
>>17978735
Dicks.
Dicks of every color and size knwo to man.

And you will have to suck all of them.
>>
>>17983308
what if i already have? :(
>>
>>17983317
The universe is meta-stable, whitch means once all the parameters needed where acchieved, it will make the universe sucumb and a new universe, with new rules will take place.

If you really have sucked all of them, the universe would have imploded by now. If we are still here, it means you still have a job to do.

Good luck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_vacuum
>>
>>17978766
Not truth, Truth.

To answer OP,
The easy answer is everything
The hard answer is nothing
The fun answer is Mu

Absolute. A place where combining of subjectivity forms objective. The safe place where we can be our Self.
>>
>>17978735
NOW I'VE LOST IT, I KNOW I CAN KILL
THE TRUTH EXISTS BEYOND THE GATE
>>
>>17981053
Bro what?
>>
>>17978735
>beyond the known
>so unknown?

How the funk are we supposed to know
>>
Only that which is not YET known
>>
Multiverses, in a cluster of multiverses which makes up the megaverse.
>>
>>17983925
Underrated post
>>
>>17984381
Dawn? Dusk?
>>
>>17984381
Tell me more.
>>
>>17978956
You have a clear mental deficiency.
>>
>>17983925
>>17984403
>weebs
>>
>>17978767
>I do drugs therefore I travel to other dimensions

Lmao nigga
>>
>>17984609
drug fags are retarded, straight up.
you did drugs and they fucked you up in the head.
you are not a mystical astronaut peering into the aether.
>>
>>17979215
Strange spelling. It sounds similar to the KJV but maybe an earlier edition?
>>
>>17978735
the unkown reality
>>
Can you think of something you've never seen or heard of?
>>
>>17978735
Infinte dimensions. An infinate number of voids forever expanding.
>>
>>17981053
You're retarded
>>
>>17978767
this desu
reality exists in a higher state of consciousness than this because this plane is just someone's thoughts
as you achieve a higher state of consciousness or vibrate at a higher rate your mind can leave it
this is what psychedelics can do

>>17985210
why are you here if you deny that which you cannot prove?
>>
>>17978735
Chaos.

Read Peter J. Carroll's Liber Null.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.