[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interested in Wicca

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 2016-07-30-20-44-00-1619152466.jpg (8KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-30-20-44-00-1619152466.jpg
8KB, 258x195px
What is /x/'s opinion on Wicca? I am currently a pagan polytheist with ancestor worship. Would Wicca be a good fit for me? I would lean toward Alexandrian or possibly Gardenerian?
>>
>>17976241
Do people often complain you come as pretentious?
Do you have no desire to learn about things around you, and instead go off the first thing anyone tells you?
>>
>>17976250
No, at least not to my face. I like to learn, and I am intrested in the occult. I heard Wicca was good as a entrance into it.
>>
>>17976275
It's not for you then. Find a path not sold at Chapters
>>
>>17977797
This is an incredibly rude and close minded veiw. Wiccans incorporate allot of different practices and there are many branches to wicca.
Everyone calls it a meme csuse it's the first one fat goth chicks go for but it has its merrits.
>>
man i want to FUCK kiki's tight loli cunny's
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 768x965px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 768x965px
>>17976241
"What do I imply then? That food offered to idols is anything, or that an idol is anything?
No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons.
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons."
>>
>>17977810
Don't get butthurt. Any form of truth that could have been found in wicca has been squandered on attracting teenage girls to a nudist ritual, or been hoarded by people who watched The Craft too many times
>>
>>17976241
Are you a fat butch-dyke?
If so, then yes, wicca will be a perfect fit.
>>
File: Hermione's_watch.jpg (560KB, 2940x1963px) Image search: [Google]
Hermione's_watch.jpg
560KB, 2940x1963px
>>17976241
>What is /x/'s opinion on Wicca?
Ehhh... I'm not particularly interested in religious/ceremonial magic (religions in general make me uncomfortable), though even ignoring that, it feels like Wicca has been diluted from its origins in the 1940s, to the point where any witch can claim they're some Wiccan High Priestess, in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

I'm far more interested in the magic of the Renaissance and cunning folk. MAYBE some of the stuff done by the 19th century spiritualists, but I'm working my way chronologically through the old texts.
>>
>pagan polytheist with ancestor worship

sjw spirituality
>>
>>17977944
>Wiccan High Priestess, in spite of all evidence to the contrary.
Such as having no High Priest to give them their position
>>
>>17977973
Exactly. Or any real knowledge about their religion, or their craft.
>>
>>17977845
Tall thin straight white guy :p
>>
>>17978013
No group will accept you
>>
>>17976241
I want to fuck Kiki
>>
>>17978043
Really?
>>
File: Poster40506143.jpg (34KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
Poster40506143.jpg
34KB, 480x600px
>>17978013
>>
>>17976241
What branch of polytheism are you? Hard or soft polytheist? What are your thoughts on magic and ritual? Would you be interested in seeking out a serious coven or is any old coven good for you?
>>
>>17978113
I'm on the eclectic side, I believe basically all gods exist but onlt worship a few. I think magic exist to some extent, rituals are intresting and can help but are probably unnecessary. A serious coven would be much better.
>>
>>17978057
Short light brown hair. Mostly green grey and red shirts. I dont look like a pedo I look underaged
>>
>>17978121
Are you based in Uk or US? How do you feel about hierarchical structures in general? Do you work better in a group setting or alone?

Sorry about the questions but I'm trying to get a feel for what you may like which will help in giving you advice.
>>
>>17978139
American. I would mind a hierarchy if its related to skill or knowledge. I work better alone but can work well in a group.

I dont mind the questions you seem helpful c:
>>
>>17976241
I've fapped sooo many times to Kiki's doujinshi...
>>
>>17978152
Ok it might be harder to find a serious coven in the us. I'm not saying they don't exist, they do but they don't advertise as much as in the uk. Do you attend pagan events or conventions like Pantheacon? If you do you might be able to network and find a coven that is willing to take you on also sites like Witchvox may be able to point you in the right direction.

In the meantime, I'd recommend checking out Raymond Buckland's book of witchcraft(you can find it in torrents/libgen etc, it's a blue book with a pentacle on the cover). I still come back to that book, even though I've moved on from Wicca. Ignore the history in it as a lot of it is inaccurate and dates back to the early days of Wicca, where there was still an emphasis on the historical witch cult(which is bull) however the witchcrafty side is rather good.
>>
>>17976241
Don't bother, it's all new age garbage. What type of pagan? Read some of the original texts or sagas from wherever you are from.
>>
>>17976241
Fake and gay.

/thread
>>
>>17976241
If Wiccans could really do magic, they wouldn't all be fat and poor.
>>
>>17976241
Just take up shamanism and learn real shit from real ancestors and real spirits.
Sure it's harder, but in the end it's going to be more rewarding.
>>
File: pagangondola.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pagangondola.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>17976241
It's not the worst religion to practice but it certainly thinks that it is something more than it really is, if that makes sense? If you do go with Wicca just be aware that it is based on interpretation and guessing, rather than actually being based on legitimate historical pagan texts.
You'll also have to:
>Join a coven of your choosing

>Worship only the God and Goddess (though some covens may differ on this)

>Make an altar to sacrifice to the twin deities

>Celebrate a bunch of seasonal holidays with the coven people

You also get to do spells and stuff with herbs and have to make trips into the woods. If this sounds like a path you're interested in taking I'd do some reading on it to be sure before searching out any local covens.
>>
File: hermione.png (133KB, 500x198px) Image search: [Google]
hermione.png
133KB, 500x198px
>>17980414
>watching something on witches
>they mention the "Burning Times"
It's pretty frustrating, yeah, the way Wiccans have history by the balls.
>>
>>17979852

This.

I'm sorry to say it, but wiccans are nearly exclusively fat uber-liberal retards, spinsters, and bored teenagers.
>>
>>17980414
this guy gets it.
Wicca is made up. It was literally created in the 1900's.
It's fine if you want a belief system, its better than scientology i guess.
But it isn't magic in any way, they kind of ruined it.
>>
>>17976241
>I am currently a pagan polytheist with ancestor worship.

nobody asked for your life story, buddy
>>
>>17981326
>talking about religion
>gives religious beliefs
>wtf y u say religion?
Mfw
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.