[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative to God and evolution?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

File: necro-dickbag.png (769KB, 815x705px) Image search: [Google]
necro-dickbag.png
769KB, 815x705px
Evolution is the alternative to God and God is the alternative to evolution, is there an alternative to both?
>>
File: girns6.jpg (23KB, 300x409px) Image search: [Google]
girns6.jpg
23KB, 300x409px
>>17975996
Google Panspermia.
>>
>>17975996
only way to find out is samadhi me thinks, self realization if you will.
>>
>>17975996
Simulation theory
>>
>>17976006
how is this theory an alternative?
>>
>>17975996
Evolution and god are not alternatives. But the alternative to not believing in evolution is being a retard.
>>
>>17975996
breakin 2 electric boogaloo
>>
File: dude transcendental vidya.png (49KB, 1520x360px) Image search: [Google]
dude transcendental vidya.png
49KB, 1520x360px
>>17975996
>>17976088

This.
>>
>>17975996

Reincarnation.
>>
>>17975996
God and evolution are not separate, and the alternative is that.
>>
>>17976164
Elon Musk does 'shrooms. Thread.
>>
>>17975996

Evolution is auto-pilot, creation is manual.
>>
>>17975996
Evolution doesn't have to be the alternative to God. God could be the answer to why and evolution could be the answer to how. Even if you're a christian you don't have to take the bible literally.
>>
>>17975996
God and evolution can easily fit together. I think what you're thinking of is more along the lines of "evolution is the alternative to the Judeo-Christian God and Judeo-Christian God is the alternative to evolution".
>>
>>17975996 ooooooo what's the color of the next car??
It's red you bastard.
Don't believe in God but believe in this shit.
Ha!
Not me.
(OP pic related)
>>
Evolution = Change measured based upon a value system, which in most cases is "ability to survive."
God = Change based upon the belief that there is an underlying leading force
I fail to see how these are alternatives to one another.
Buuuuuuut one alternative would be simple Entropy/Order, Creation/Perception
>>
How are evolution and god incompatible?
>>
>>17976716
this
>>
>>17976779
it is for people who take the bible literally
which is a surprising amount of people
>>
>>17976164
Musk is a fucking retard.
>>
>>17977444
Sure thing, kid.
>>
File: Dr strange.jpg (67KB, 726x452px) Image search: [Google]
Dr strange.jpg
67KB, 726x452px
>>17976551

And meditation Son ,don't forget meditation.
>>
>>17977469
Allen watts was based
>>
>>17977444
Not pandering to your childish belief system of bullcrap ?
>>
>>17977479
What exactly do you think you're accomplishing today with all your tired bitchiness?
>>
>>17976426
This.
>>
Alien genetic engineering. Though it wouldn't explain their origins
>>
>>17976716
>>17976731
Finally some people that understand this simple concept.
It's like how people think aliens would somehow interfere with their religious beliefs it makes no sense.
>>
>>17977479
Enjoy your abestos underpants, although the fires of Hell will still melt them away.
>>
The alternative it TimeCube
>>
God is everything and he's evolving (changing) all the time, there's no separation between God and creation both are one and the same.
>>
>>17975996

why would your skin decompose before literalyl anything else started going?

Makes zero sense.

That's an ecorche.
>>
>>17976716
>Even if you're a christian you don't have to take the bible literally.
And that's heresy right there. I bet you think gay people won't rot in hell too.
>>
File: 1465846742311.gif (171KB, 534x534px) Image search: [Google]
1465846742311.gif
171KB, 534x534px
>>17977718
But what about JESUS???

JESUS wants your semen for breakfast in heaven to evolve new species
>>
Your wrong on everything, consider suicide.
>>
>>17977861
That's cute, do you have any arguments to back that up?
... no? Didn't think so.
>>
File: 1271419680277.gif (5KB, 110x130px) Image search: [Google]
1271419680277.gif
5KB, 110x130px
>>
>>17976421

Reincarnation doesn't explain the diversity of species at all.

That's your spirit/essence whatever in a new physical form. Where did those forms come from?
>>
Nihilism
Solipism
Panspermia Theory
Simulation Theory
Any non-monotheistic religion with a creation story
Ancient Astronaut Theory
>>
>>17977854

kys
>>
>>17976006
Panspermia is just evolution that happened somewhere else.
>>
>>17976164
So I can blame my lack of ambition and impact on the world on the simulation?

Sounds great my Alium.
>>
File: 0.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>17975996
>Evolution is the alternative to God

wew, no. Evolution has nothing to say about the existence of any gods. Stop getting your science from creationist faggots.
>>
>>17976716
Huh, interesting point. Reminds me of something I discovered recently related to evolution: The main story people want us to believe is that 4-6 million years ago, humans didn't exist, and that we had a common ancestor with a chimpanzee. They say that this "wan't a chimp" but that it also "wasn't a human." So that means it would have to have features of both. The problem is, chimpanzees don't have features of both, and humans don't have features of both. If humans and chimps don't have features of both, then how could the common ancestor have features of both? That means either humans evoluved from chimps, or chimps evolved from humans. Obviously since humans are more advanced than chimps, the humans must have "evolved" from chimps. However, if chimps evolted into humans, then how are there still chimps? According to evolution, birds evolved from dinosaurs, therefore there are no dinosaurs left. If humans evolved from chimps, then IT MAKES NOT SENSE FOR THERE TO BE ANY CHIMPS
>>
File: Murmur.jpg (95KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
Murmur.jpg
95KB, 800x599px
Clearly the man-grubs have been reborn.. but as what?
>>
Scientology
>>
>>17975996
What if God makes his creations through evolution.

From dust etc. through time buddy.

Don't take those "7 days" so literal. Time is relative. Out lifetime is a fraction of a fraction of a second to the universe.
>>
>>17979007
Maybe long ago the Earth didn't spin on its own,
so like maybe it took 4000 years for the moon to push earth enough that it made one full rotation
>>
>>17978978
This has to beg the question, why do so many scientists believe in evolution? Even though many scientists do NOT believe in it, there is still a significant percent that does. If you think about it, the darwinists have the same evidence as us, but we can come to different conclusions because we don't have the bias of darwinism. Darwinism is the biased assumption that Richard Darwin had all the correct ideas about life science, based on the fact that he was a leading scientist of the time (the 19th century). Actually, Darwin wasn't even a real scientist, he just drew pictures and made stuff up on a boat, but the darwinists don't want to hear that. The bias of darwinism makes many people deluded into thinking that the evidence always points in favor of THEIR view, even though to an unbiased person that would not be the case. But the delusional/biased people aren't the only ones that make up believers in evolution. Since evolutionists have a monopoly on the media and on education, they are able to brainwash (for lack of a better word) aspiring students. That is how some people can continue to be deluded. However, science teachers also dismiss any evidence against evolution a priori, and even refuse to discuss it at all. Many students end up thinking that the only evidence out there is evidence IN FAVOR of evolution, and they're just ignorant of the facts that go against the mainstream theory.
>>
>>17975996
You can believe that God, or a god, set evolution in motion.
>>
God is not the alternative to evolution.

we really do not have all the answers.

this is to say that evolution may exist by the design of God. the safe bet, for the spiritual person, i think is the creation narrative in Genesis

this is how i feel about this subject
>>
>>17979165
also, evolution is not the alternative to the reality of God
>>
>>17978978
Not that hard

>one common ancestor
>two groups start living seperately and require different qualities to survive
>the two groups start becoming more and more genetically different
>one group becomes human, the other chimpansee

This is literally what evolution is.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>17979165
>>17979170
God can do all things, how is it that time could not be built into his construct... or at least that he designed "carbon-dating" and evolution in such a way if evolution is real...

if nobody has heard of this man Kent Hovind, he is literally a real life hero. He can be a bit snarky at times, but he is a creationist i know who is a professional and really does the science and really knows his stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-TcQn7OFuU
>>
>2016
>not realizing god (the creator) is essentially a blind idiot who sneezed creation into existence
>it has no cares, no investment in your being
>it doesn't even know you exist
>>
File: hitchens.jpg (79KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
hitchens.jpg
79KB, 620x465px
>>17979227
>Kent Hovind
>Really does the science
>>
>>17979042
I have to presume you don't understand evolution.
Also creationists, in general do have biases as well.
>>
>>17979227
Anon, please don't troll here.
>>
>>17979227
>Kent Hovin
>hero

I just puked a little bit
>>
>>17979227
What I meant is that just like the perception of time of a fly compared to a human or a dog is different because they have different life spans. A different spectrum of perception.

Ever heard of dog years vs human years?

What do you think God years is like to human years?

God being in you know a whole other level of existence.
>>
>>17975996
Are you claiming that God couldnt create the process known as evolution? because if so were not talking about the same God.
>>
>>17979333
>>17979441
>they can't refute his claims
Typical defeatist reaction.
>>
File: Yoda_SWSB.png (2MB, 890x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Yoda_SWSB.png
2MB, 890x1024px
>>17975996
>Evolution is the alternative to God and God is the alternative to evolution
Not necessarily.
>>
>>17979595
Do we really even have to? Haven't a million people already done it?
>>
>>17978978
>being this dumb

You were doing fine, untill the end.
>>
>>17975996
Yes, there is. Oneself.
If you're asking an alternative to believe in instead of any of those two, then believe in yourself like you are the only connection between "you" and the real world.
>>
>>17975996
Consider that we have always been and will always be. There is a realm beyond our own in which all potential expression of infinity resides. Like laws and rules that allow quantum mechanics to form atoms, and atoms to create chemicals. There are other quantum forms of "chemistry" that follow different laws. Entire universes created from the emanation of intelligent infinity. I believe that to this infinity there must still be mystery, as it is not fully known by the created. Through infinity much like waves will reinforce each other, and some will cancel out, there arose harmonically coherent ordered intelligences of light which could be considered angelic light. These beings perfect within their own nature knowing the creator which suffuses their bodies minds and hearts.
They are like souls of light, changing shape as easily as we change our words.

They spoke into the matrix of earth, and the earth obeyed their instructions. These words encoded the entire form and identity of the species of life on earth. Sort of basically they imbued their angelic intelligent light into the earth, and earth reformed into the form of instructions it had been given. These lower life forms have all the attributes of their creators in lower form due to some desires to evolve souls from the material level that can reach into the spiritual plane. I believe this is due to some sort of way a being can express itself. An angel is guided from the intelligence of god, but a being of earth can be guided from its own impulses and desires. Essentially we can choose how to grow and evolve rather than it being decided by god. I think basically they want us to mirror the love of earth back into the love of heaven.
>>
>>17979941
Where?
>>
Many of these answers don't provide an alternative. Of course, the OP doesn't help by not giving a good choice of alternatives. Evolution shouldn't be mentioned at all, as I think OP is concerned with life's origin, not what happens after. I submit this:

Choice 1 - life came about from a single, conscious agent: all the God theories

Choice 2 - life came from the physical workings of the universe, this is abiogenesis, what science currently holds to be true

so perhaps

Choice 3 - life is a representation/reflection/manifestation from a different existence; this would be the Hindu Brahman, simulation theory (perhaps), and the Buddhist Nirvana

Panspermia and the like shouldn't be considered, because just like evolution it doesn't say where life came from, only what it did after it arose: spread itself across the universe.
>>
>>17982409
Thinking more, Choice 1 should include more than just a single agent. Multiple warring gods could create life, for instance. The general idea is that life as we know it began through intentional creation, usually by some paranormally powerful being(s).

If we style after choice 2, we could have theogenesis, abiogenesis, and metagenesis for all the transcendent, "higher plane" ideas.

Any other options?
>>
File: logical fallacies.jpg (79KB, 923x614px) Image search: [Google]
logical fallacies.jpg
79KB, 923x614px
>>17975996
>>
A fundamental aspect of evolution is variation via random mutation. It's a fundamentally blind, directionless process. There's no intelligent force driving any of it.
>>
>>17978978
I really hope you're trolling, because this is so retarded my Dick hurts.

We do have similar traits, our DNA is incredibly similar. Chimp infants and human infants develop along very similar ways until the humans start to become more and more intelligent. The common ancestor doesn't need to have traits of both, both have traits from the common ancestor
>>
>>17979042
There isn't a large population of scientists that don't believe in evolution, it is a very small population. You don't even have Darwin's first name right. There is a good deal of science like the fossil record on the side of evolution.
>>
>>17976741
What ?
>>
>>17977345
Do vhristfahs realise tbey automatically go to hell when thy set foot on 4chan ?
No amount of sunday kneeling can stop this
>>
>>17977579
I'll see you there burning
>>
>>17975996
The Occult, and yes we laugh at atheists
>>
How can christains believe they will be spared from going to hell when they offer non believers nothing but damnation for eternity ?
Every single time i see a christian post its never about love and forgiveness rarely about jesus and always about "hohoho youll burn in hell but me and my palls will be fine sucks to be you faggot"
I mean seriously ? You think god or jesus would give you a thumbs o for that attitude ?
Sad...
>>
>>17975996
You phrased this almost perfectly, except there's no real reason evolution has to be the antithesis of God, and it all depends on how you define the two. Assuming you mean Darwinist evolution in which it is believed there is no scope for purpose or an afterlife then the answer to your question is not an eternally perfect God of being, but an evolutionary God of becoming. Hegel helped explained this with his dialectical logic of thesis and antithesis forming to create a higher synthesis where being and nothing are joined to be eternally becoming. The synthesis between a universe with an eternal creator God of absolute being (contradictory to evolution which is evident in the universe), and a purposeless evolutionary universe that that might questionably be said to create life from nothing for no reason, is an inherently evolutionary universe where Gods are the product of infinite evolving subjects that begin at an entirely unconscious base state and ultimately evolve to an Omega Point, a point of absolute perfection where no higher consciousness can be achieved. It's the same way that the universe of "nothing" at the big bang produces a universe of everything, and vice-versa at the "big crunch" which will more likely be akin to decomposition into "nothing" in which space has expanded so much that atomic bonds will no longer be capable of forming and all matter will become dimensionless energy in a space singularity giving rise to the next big bang, etc. The only things in the universe immune to change are the laws that give rise to the universe.
>>
>>17975996
lol m9
>>
>>17977579
Hell isn't biblical. Take your dogmatic bullshit elsewhere, catholic cuck.
>>
>>17983152
>implying

Most Christians I've met have done it out of genuine concern.

Anyone who goes all "HAHAHA BURN IN HELL FAGGOT" on you is a hypocrite and the love of God is not in them.
>>
>>17978988
aS BETter thank you.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.