[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paralyzed by Uncertainty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 270_original.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
270_original.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
Can anyone else relate to these thoughts?

When I think about life and death, the nature of reality, etc it seems to me that the whole world is paralyzed by uncertainty.

What I mean by this is that because there's so many belief systems and theories about life and death and the nature of reality, all of them contradicting each other or inherently contradictory, we're left in limbo, we're left paralyzed, without a solid basis and solid view of life from which we can act and live in an informed way.

Instead, we go through live basically tending first and foremost to our immediate survival needs and daily tasks, while ignoring religion and philosophy and science until we have time to sit down and think about it, at which point we inevitably end up paralyzed in uncertainty or we take the leap of faith and believe in one theory over all others, often without any proof, and this lasts as long as we can manage before doubts creep in and shatter our certain faith.

In our times especially there is a strong effort propagandizing the views of materialism, that we have one life, that brain death is the end, that all religious notions are nonsense, and this becomes our default view that we return to when doubts about our faith creep in.

How do you personally deal with this issue?
>>
Create your own.
>>
>>17975704
maybe try lots of different things at random 'til something works?
>>
>>17975713
>>17975715
Lots of things "work", including creating your own religion/philosophy/theory of life, if by "work" you mean give you a sense of purpose and meaning and direction in your life, but for serious truth seekers, the issue of self-deception is a serious consideration. Do you want to fool yourself or confront the truth about reality? Anyone seeking the truth would not settle with blind faith, whether that's in religion or scientific materialism.

The question is, how do we deal with this paralyzing uncertainty that plagues us throughout our lives? The different beliefs and theories are often so different and contradictory that following one entails a completely different mode of living than the other. It takes supreme confidence in the validity of that belief to truly support such a shift in one's mode of living, otherwise it will be half-hearted and inauthentic and we again fall back on the default mode belief (nihilistic materialism; nothing really matters, it's all bullshit, just live and enjoy and die).
>>
>>17975704 >>17975732
>paralyzing uncertainty
You're silly to me.
>>
I think our ability as humans is the gift of being able to ask "Why". And to ponder our existence. But just because we ask "why?" About other things in life... Like "why do birds fly?", or "why does water boil?" And then solve them, doesn't mean we can solve them or answer them all. So really the parylyzation from uncertainty come from not realizing that there is no answer to our existence. And having the ability to question it never guaranteed an answer, only a way for us to move forward in a materialistic world....if thats what we chose
>>
>>17975732

There is no way to seek such a truth. Nobody is doing anything but creating their own philosophy or borrowing someone else's and then tweaking it.

This is just life, OP. It's fine. We're fine. We aren't paralyzed.

Also, if you aren't moving from nihilism to existentialism naturally, you may just be depressed.
>>
>>17975704
>How do you personally deal with this issue?

You beleive in stuff than you drop those beleifs than build another beleif system and drop those beleifs untill you become maleable and you realize beliefs are just a utlitlity and you won't have the illusions that beleifs are real.

Beleifs and identification is kinda similar shit. They are like imaginative masks, a lot of people mistake the mask to be their real self. A lot of people live in fairytale land and when you try to point it out they get defensive because of identification. They try to defend something that only exists in their mind.
>>
>>17975823
Well, what's your belief, your theory? What view of reality informs your life and actions?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.