[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tarot Spreads/General Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: tarot-empress.jpg (321KB, 1200x1976px) Image search: [Google]
tarot-empress.jpg
321KB, 1200x1976px
Hi, everyone! I just recently bought my first Tarot deck, and wanted to start a new thread concerning methodology and general questions, since /div/ seems to really be only for readings. My biggest question, to any practitioners out there, is in regards to different spreads. As I understand it, different "spreads" or layouts are used for different types of queries. I mostly see spreads for life advice, love advice, etc. I'm not terribly concerned with that kind of thing, rather I'm interested in growing my esoteric/occult knowledge. It's hard to be more specific because I don't know how to phrase the question, or even what question I'm asking. There's so much that I don't know I don't know. Is it possible to use Tarot cards to this end?

Also, a small question I have: how do most people pronounce "Tarot?" Is it "tair-it" or "tair-oh?"

Also, general Tarot thread. Feel free to request/perform readings, but it might be better to leave that for /div/ threads so they can be amassed in one place.
>>
Try going to the /div/ chat room. They would be more than happy to help. Also, tair-oh.
>>
>>17975260
Thanks, I'll give that a shot!
>>
>>17975224
First off the main thing is, are you an empath and can you hear and understand the deck you bought? Just because you bought the deck doesn't mean you're inherently able to read.
>>
What are the oppositions that occur in the major arcana?
So far, I've got:
Hermit - Lovers
World - Hanged
Moon - Sun
Am I misguided?
>>
I find the tree of life layout most relevant to the history of the tarot. For esoteric and arcane reasons you cant go wrong with that one. And I'm sure you're aware but many books by eliphas levi will enlighten you on the strong connections to the tarot and the secret mystery schools. Tarot is indeed very relevant to esotericism.
>>
The tarots are said to have been images constructed from the tree of life from the holy kabbalah, and are used to understand the cyclical predestined nature of things, aswell for a key to solve certain esoteric mysteries, and to keep information somewhat hidden.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.