[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Energy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (2MB, 750x974px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 750x974px
Hello /x/!
Over the past few weeks I've noticed changes around the house.
Around 7-8 weeks ago my mother started practising japa. She's becoming more in touch with these 'positive energies' and generally her mood has indeed improved. 2 weeks ago my sister joined the same japa class and is now also very spiritual.
Now myself; I'm not spiritual. I've always been that person who "doesn't believe in that crap" and to honest I haven't. No religion or nothing.
However, I'm beginning to feel more happier in my home. I was always rather content here, but it's just different now.

I said this to my mam and she said to me that there are 'guardian angels' in my presence, to which I just shrugged off because I don't 'believe in that crap'.

What exactly is happening?
Is everyone else's happy moods reflecting on my own or is there some truth to all of this?

I'm just curious to hear someone else's thoughts.
>>
Bumping away.
>>
>>17974243
I don't know about japa and I know "guardian angels" (Holy Guardian Angel, Higher Self...) are a real thing, but not in the sense most people think about them. Think more like the kind of unconscious substrate in your mind that you have in common not only with animals but also inanimate things. If you can imagine what the "mind" of an inanimate object would be, that's what the HGA is.

Anyway. Yoga, Kundalini, Energy Work and all that shit does work if it is accompanied by an actual introspective critique of one's emotions and not just hippie bullshit without any attempt to face one's problems and traumas. If there is such a will to face your problems though, pairing that with these kinds of practices has an amazing effect on your perception of reality and your life in general. I speak from experience. Bullshit hippie beliefs are not a requirement at all, just do the work and try not to be judgemental of it.
>>
>>17974243
Positive energy begets more positive energy. Negativity leads to a downward spiral.

I'm glad to hear things have improved for your family as a result of these spiritual practices.

I'm not so much into Indian practices myself, although I have developed an interest in Kashmiri Shaivism lately that I might actually pursue when I have more time on my hands, but based on my experiences there is indeed a Holy Guardian Angel in your presence at all times who is ultimately your true Self free from all constraints. I recommend joining your mother and sister in their spiritual practices although you should be wary of dogma and continue to question all things.
>>
A loathe to think of all the new age crap that this thread will inspire.
>>
File: Krsna.jpg (2MB, 1499x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Krsna.jpg
2MB, 1499x1101px
Chanting Hare Krsna is the most potent form of meditation in this age of Kali Yuga and is the most powerful mantra is existence. The mantra does not only benefit the chanter but also everyone who hears it. The sound vibration itself is non different from the divine couple (radha and Krsna).
>>
>>17974585
Japa is an ancient practice that spans thousands of years. Nothing new age about it.
>>
>>17974560
Man can you please guide me ? I desperately need a guru
>>
>>17974585
...new age cap is just recycled.. other crap. How can it be inspired? ...from where? Hippy dippy... same song, same verse. A broken clock is right twice a day...
>>
>>17974617
I am not fit to guide anyone. Besides, you're supposed to find your way alone. It's the only way to learn.

If you don't know what to do, watch all these videos in order:
http://youtube.com/mindandmagick

Later ones are a bit off-base but you will get a general sense of what's what. By the time you reach the end you will know what to do next (aka, your "Higher self" will guide you at that point).

Good luck anon.
>>
>>17974617
Reading Bhagavad Gita as it is would be a good start. From there you could begin to associate with devotees and practice bhakti yoga. If you are sincere Krsna will arrange a meeting with a bonafide guru.
>>
>>17974617
I forgot. Before you watch those videos (or at the same time) be sure to read Robert Anton Wilson's "Prometheus Rising". It's OK if you think it's nonsense, power through it (I found it to be entertaining). It does make sense down the road.

If you like his style I recommend the Illuminatus! trilogy for some wacky counterculture themed satire.
>>
>>17974624
I'll second that Frater Xavier recommendation.
>>
>>17974624

I have tried my hand at kundalini but it was a weird experience, I felt both pure orgasmic ecstasy and was scared shitless. I used to think kundalini was a more atheistic form of yoga but I was wrong, I saw a naked bewildered dark skinned woman. I also had a out of body experience later and I could hear people laughing idk why. I am still scared and my anxiety is through the roof.
>>
>>17974627

Nah man I am done with the right hand path.
>>
>>17974617
>>17974627
Honestly I'd keep the distance. 99% of the time any gurus you find will be bullshitters and oil snake sellers that will make you even more lost and confused.

Be your own guru. In the age of the Internet this is feasible more than ever.

Also don't attach yourself to a belief system until you've browsed enough and find one you can resonate with. Protip: all legit belief systems are basically the same, there is no "true" one. You just need to browse long enough to learn to identify legit from bullshit/misguided.
>>
>>17974638
Krsna Consciousness is way beyond Left or Right hand paths. It is entirely different and something much more rare.
>>
>>17974648
>Be your own guru.

This is a new age fallacy. If you are serious about spirituality a living guru is absolutely essential. That said, one should scrutinize a guru seriously and not accept one whimsically.
>>
>>17974652
You on steam ?
>>
>>17974669
Unfortunately not.
>>
>>17974655
>new age fallacy

I know you don't know me, but to tell me this sounds so weird. I do understand what you mean though, so I probably didn't explain myself correctly.

What I meant is that ultimately you will make your journey alone. It is very important to have a guru in the sense that someone has to show you the path you have to walk. In this sense someone like Frater Xavier or an author through his written material is much more reliable than a living IRL person in an age where everyone is out for money. Unless you are extremely lucky and depending on where you live you're better off forming an impersonal relationship with an honest online poster (like Frater Xavier) or a dead person through their books.

I could be wrong of course, but this is my opinion based on experience.

>>17974652
Left and Right hand paths is one of the most extended misconceptions about magic ever.

This guy gets it, but his videos are a bit bland for my taste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7QOQ_OFgZI
>>
>>17974606
Does it awaken siddhis?
>>
>>17974606
> Krsna Consciousness
S C AM
C
A
M
>>
John Hubner and Lindsey Gruson's book, "Monkey on a Stick: Murder, Madness, and the Hare Krishnas" is an excellent read.

Personally I find the Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam fascinating, but I can not and will not accept as my "guru" anyone (e.g., Prabhupadha) who advocates holy war as being morally superior to nonviolence.

Mohandas K. Gandhi was a devotee and never did commit himself to a guru in his life; I would rather follow *his* example than some cranky old cult.
>>
>>17975238
It can, but the real goal is Krsna Prema and not yogic powers.
>>
>>17975391

Honestly western entities are extremely quick to criticize anything they cant perceive physically but hey they are entitled to their opinion.
>>
>>17975391
When you understand the soul is not the body Prabhupada's teachings make more sense.
>>
>>17974243
If we're talking Vaishnava theology/mythology, guardian angels could be many different things. It could be higher dimension beings like apsaras gandharvas or other devas. It could mean saints and sages from the line of succession. It could mean Maya herself. It could mean the Paramatma, or some other manifestation of Krishna.

>>17975276
>>17975391
I think you are confusing ISKCON with bhakti yoga. The other devotee never mentioned any particular organization, and there are MANY lines of bhakti yoga succession. I'll gladly discuss my take on ISKCON's corruption next KC general, but this isn't the thread for it.
>>
>>17976769
I would honestly *love* to discuss bhakti yoga with someone who practices it who *doesn't* drink the kool-aid and/or become extremely dogmatic about it and dismissive of other traditions, some time.
>>
>>17976769

>>17978765
>>
>>17974243
>She's becoming more in touch with these 'positive energies' and generally her mood has indeed improved

Dude, your mother bought a dildo.
>>
>>17978770
How nice, just got home. I'll make my presence known there.

>>17978010
Feel free to go to the general and we can talk. I shall try to be as ecumenical as I can.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.