[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pagan Gods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1468885208977.jpg (71KB, 656x721px) Image search: [Google]
1468885208977.jpg
71KB, 656x721px
Anyone on /x/ have any experiences with pagan deities?
>Pic not related
>>
File: Yama.jpg (128KB, 978x640px) Image search: [Google]
Yama.jpg
128KB, 978x640px
>>17971854
Remember hearing about some guy who saw some sort of Buddhist devil or something while he was high. Hadn't seen the thing before that, but when his friend showed him a picture, he recognized it. Something like this.
>>
>>17971872
That thing looks crazy...
>>
>>17971873
I know right! I think it was LSD, but I'm not sure.
>>
I once left an offering of like 5 oatmeal cookies for the Yuletide god by a shrine overnight on his holy day. When I woke up in the morning to check on it, the cookies were mostly gone and he granted me some treasure.
>>
>>17971879
Is the Yuletide god like pagan Father Christmas?
>>
File: image.jpg (327KB, 789x1425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327KB, 789x1425px
No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons.
>>
>>17971879

How much mouse poop?
>>
>>17971881
Yes, I think. "Santa Claus" in modern parlance.
>>
>>17971854
Greek Gods mostly, when I prayed to Eros for a good lover I got my gf, and Athena is my matron.
>>
>>17971854
I had a dream once about Odin. I was basically astral traveling, then found myself doing yoga in the morning out in a field. I saw that it was a dream, and things were much more etheric looking. I followed a path into the woods, and saw a raised plateau. I climbed up the vines on the side and at the top I found 4 wands. They were all carved.

I heard a voice talking to me. He told me something about a formula for raising into the 6th dimension. Said some stuff about
how the balance of energy is all off. Then said I could have the wands. I picked one up. He said that the white light I had seen was some goddess energy from my higher self, and that I had to merge with it. Then he told me that the magic didn't need any words or formula just pure intention. I was about to do some magic with the wand and then woke up.
>>
>>17972235
Bad ass,
I do offerings, and prayers to Odin, my ancestors, and wights.
>>
>>17971872
>>17971878
What the heck, that was me who posted that story. It happened the first time I did mushrooms. I haven't been on 4chan in a while, and reading this post about my post just sent a chill down my spine. Fucking weird.
>>
>>17972260
Could be a omen?
>>
>>17972260

Hi Brian! Are you doing good?
>>
I pray to ganesha, seriously powerful god, any anon have experience with hindu god ?
>>
>>17972265
For some reason, every once in a while it comes back, either as a reminder or glancing thought even though it happened about five years ago.
As far as an omen goes, perhaps. Many things have been going on for me lately, major changes.

>>17972267
Unless, someone else posted a similar story to mine, my name isn't Brian :( sorry
>>
>>17972273
Better to pray to Krsna, considering all the demigods are subordinate to him. In this way one can get the result of worshiping any demigods through Govinda alone.
>>
>>17972298
Your name is now brian. Enjoy your stay. :^)
>>
>>17972298
I would look into the demon, if you haven't already
>>
>>17971883
This.
>>
>>17972540
I've done research over the years. As it turns out he isn't a demon, but a wrathful deity. His frightful appearance isn't evil or negative, but is supposed to be so fearful that is scares away evil and death. He's a protector of dharma, and serves as a guide. However, the lore surrounding him is very rich, and a bit too technical in Buddhist practice for me to understand more.
>>
>>17972632
He might be calling to you, try making an offering and/or praying to him.
>>
One of the few times I did mushrooms I closed my eyes and saw a man with a spherical face, Tibetan looking robes, and golden skin. He was smiling and that was his way of communicating. I could tell that if it was real that it wasn't of this world or this dimension, he was somewhere else in a beautiful place. I would think this is Buddha as an essence of the spirit but I'm not sure. I remember all my hair on my body stood up and it affected me deeply even if it was so seemingly insignificant.
>>
File: 85y3223414.jpg (114KB, 720x429px) Image search: [Google]
85y3223414.jpg
114KB, 720x429px
Back when I was a teen I was super against the Catholic Church and wanted to be a pagan. I also used to get very frequent headaches that lasted for hours. One day at work I couldn't take it anymore and asked the Greek Goddess Selene (the only one that I thought of at the time, random I know) to help me. My head started to feel really cold on the sides, like someone was holding it with icy hands, and moments later it stopped and my pain went away. Which actually freaked me out a lot because I wasn't intending for it to work.

I tried it again each time I took my road test (except for the final time because I asked Yahweh to help me and it worked) The first two times I asked Selene to help me pass my road test, and I failed. The only reason I mention her is because both those days, all vending machines I used on campus or at work would give me doubles and triples of items. I liked to believe that she wasn't able to help me with something that I had to do for myself, but could do little things like reducing pain or giving me free shit. Pretty weird.
>>
>>17974758
You pray to Yahweh and a pagan godess? Thats pretty cool, but idk if Yahweh would approve xD
>>
>>17974796
Asherah maybe.
>>
>>17974838
I totally forgot that Semites had gods other than Yahweh and Moloch
>>
>>17974796
I don't like Yahweh because he's a "jealous God" and likes attention only on him. The only reason I gave any to him was because the person who drove me to the road test was a devout Protestant and prayed to him for me, so I did the same with what I remembered from Catholic school. To be honest I don't really pray to any Gods/Goddesses anymore. I acknowledge their existence and sometimes light candles for Selene on full moons or occasionally wear a Mjolnir pendant for Thor. Other than that, I grew out of it.
>>
>>17975179
Personally I only worship Woden/Odin, (food and drink sacrifice) but I acknowledge most exist. Mostly ancestor worship.
>>
>>17975216
How does that whole ancestor worship thing go? Is it just my dead relatives or further back? I have ancestry all over the place so how would I go about ancestor worship?
>>
>>17975179
>sometimes light candles for Selene on full moons or occasionally wear a Mjolnir pendant for Thor
you didn't grow out of it
>>
>>17975243
I take time to think of dead relatives, poor out a drink for them, burn incense in their honor
>>
I had a dream with some goddess that I don't really remember much. I felt super comfy and she braided my hair.

Had another experience around the beginning of this year I think... It was after I'd smoked a bowl and had really good sex. I came and all of the sudden it was like I was everywhere and no where. I could feel the same goddess, but as a presence for me and everyone I loved. And then I came back to myself and cried. Shit was weird.
>>
>Hiking in England
>15 minute walk from nearest road, near the bottom of the Dalesway trail, not in the middle of no where though by any means
>Old woods, ferns everywhere and moss on the rocks
>Early morning, no one there
>Walk off the trail and follow the river that runs through the woods, down in the bottom of a valley
>High bushes all along the way but a small barely worn trail exists along the narrow banks
>Have to step over many tree roots and rocks, not the easiest trail
>Making good pace though and stomping through the bushes
>See dart of silvery white in the corner of my eye just across the small river, maybe 20 feet away
>Turn my head quickly and see a small fox/dog like creature
>Can't quite make it out but it looks unnatural, wtf
>Hear a human whistle, two notes, one high then one low
>Turn to see a man dressed in dirty white clothes, maybe linen or cotton
>Lank greasy hair, looking at me through the corner of his eyes
>Hes kind of slumped against a tree, amongst some bushes
>Weirdest thing was his bare feet were in the river and it was January in England
>I get the fear and nope right out of their without looking back

>Get to the end of the trail after passing under an old aqueduct in the middle of the woods
>Turn to see a huge crag on one side of clearing and another smaller one on the other
>Burned out tree in the middle, looks like it had been struck by lightning and had a hollow near the bottom
>Full of burned candles

>Nope out again and finish the trail

Turns out their used to be an old Anglo-Saxon church in the village there which had been demolished and the stones recycled for other buildings. The crag was a pagan site of worship. Adel Crag or Alwoodly Crag you can google it all.

Not sure whether it was just a vagabond with his abnormally bright and sleek dog giving himself frost bite or something more paranormal but I consider myself a pagan and particularly interested in Odin.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Pic of the crag
>>
>>17975694
>>
>>17971872
yamantaka.org
>>
>>17975272
Grown out of it was the wrong term I used. I meant I don't really do much practice anymore other than the candles. I've gotten lazy :p
>>
>>17971854
Whatever God you worship, dont fuck with Zeus. Or any Gods from any religion at all for that matter.

I jokingly cursed his name because it started raining and the loudest fucking thunder I ever heard just exploded through my head.
>>
>>17976491

He will snuggle you back to health!
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.