[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid dreaming without paranormal bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: 1423398188396.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1423398188396.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
Hello, /x.

I'm an experienced lucid dreamer. I'm pretty bored today, so I decided I would try to dispell bullshit around the concept of lucid dreaming on here.

Ask me anything. I'm willing and (hopefully) able to answer almost any questions regarding lucid dreams, dreams in general and perhaps even help you get lucid. Induction techniques, dream control, purpose of lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, scientific background, you name it.
I can also delve into more controversial subjects such as astral projection, shared dreams etc., but I have to warn you that I'm extremely skeptical.

Not sure what a lucid dream is? A lucid dream is simply a dream in which you know you are dreaming while you are still inside the dream.

Why should you try it? Because it's better than spending one third of your life lying unconscious.
>>
>>17970757
How do you make a lucid dream happen?
>>
>>17970757

http://cosmiciron.blogspot.nl/2013/01/senses-initiated-lucid-dream-ssild_16.html

This shit legit?

Also what's the difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming, how do I do astral projection?
>>
>>17970757
I'm trying to lrn2lucid dream by using guided meditations. At some point during the GM before sleep hits all the way I kinda slip down I guess i could say and start experiencing visual hallucinations of fractals and faint, cartoony scenery. Is this normal and a good sign or nah?
>>
>>17970780
First of all, you'll need to remember your dreams, develop a good dream recall. The best way to achieve this is to keep a dream journal and write down your dreams every time you wake up. If that's too much of a commitment, writing them down in the morning should suffice.
After you are able to remember multiple dreams per night, it's time to start looking for dream signs. Those can be just about any reocurring theme, thing, person in your dreams. Let's say your dream sign is a red car.
Now, every time you see a red car in real life, you should perform a reality check. The best way to do so is to plug your nose and try to breathe through it or count your fingers. It will obviously fail, but that's not the point of this technique. Your behavior and habits carry over to your dreams, so sooner or later you'll find yourself doing reality checks in dreams (when you are in a dream, you will be able to breath through it, also the number of your fingers will often be different, thus you'll know you are dreaming).
You can do those reality checks whenever you think of them, you don't have to do it only when you see a dream sign. Also, this technique is called DILD, Dream Induced Lucid Dream. You are realising you are dreaming from within the dream and I would recommend it for any beginner.
>>
>>17970790
Some people believe it works, but I think it's just autosuggestion. When I tried it, it showed some immediate results, but over the time it just stopped working as I neglected other techniques and my skills gradually worsened.
But even without the lucid aspect, it's a great relaxation technique. It definitely can't hurt if you try it, but I wouldn't recommend it standalone.
>>
>start writing down dreams in dream journal
>frequently dream about fucking family members
>paranoid someone is going to come upon this and read them

Also, do you jot down all of your dreams? What I've noticed from doing journals is that people have a LOT of dreams throughout the night, and it can get really tedious writing them all down, so I just stick with one per night.
>>
>>17970790
I've AP'd a handful of times before. I'm by no means adept at it, but most techniques start off with deep physical relaxation and some sort of mental technique in order to retain control of your consciousness while your body shuts down. It's a very different feel from lucid dreaming.

It sounds kind of stupid and you may not believe it, but your mind basically pops into a sort of mental (spiritual) plane that exists, like sort of atmosphere that encompasses the Earth.

Lucid dreaming is just your own mental constructs inside of your mind.
>>
>>17970780
I should add that one of the most powerful tools to enhance any technique is using WBTB (Wake Back To Bed). It basically means that you put an allarm after 4-6 hours of sleep. When it wakes you, you just go to a toilet, grab a drink, do whatever you want that doesn't completely wake you up while thinking about lucid dreams (I'd not recommend staring into a bright light such as screens or doing any kind of physical excercise). After a couple of minutes, go back to bed and try to fall asleep. This way, your mind will be more active during latter REM cycles and it greatly improves your sucess propability.
>>
>>17970800
Those are great signs, I never tried guided meditation, but from what you are describing, it seems you were experiencing hypnagogic hallucinations. Those occur when you are falling asleep, but you wouldn't normally notice because you are no longer conscious. What happens after, do you just fall asleep or wake up?
>>
>>17970822
I used to, I have to admit that I am often too lazy to write down all my dreams, I always write down the lucid ones though. When my recall starts to get worse, I usually give it more attention for a couple of days and it gets better. If you remember 3 or more dreams per night, I wouldn't even say it's necessary, but there always is a room for improvement and journaling always helps.
You don't have to write down EVERYTHING in full detail. The point is to make it important for your subconscious to remember dreams, not to create a hundreds of pages long saga about you repeatedly fucking your relatives every night.
>>
Do you have an advice for control tips/techniques once you can start regularly lucid dreaming to control the dream landscape and interacting with dream characters?
>>
>>17970780
Take small amounts of solonacea before sleeping
>>
>>17970790
I didn't notice your second question. Astral projection is believed to be different from lucid dreaming, because in a lucid dream, you are inhabiting your own mind. With astral projecting, your mind is leaving your body into an astralm realm which is also a home of other entities. It is also associated with certain visual characteristics such as seeing your body lying in bed connected to you by some kind of string. There are many controversies regarding the process or the astral realm itself.
I believe it's just an unusual lucid dream. A lot of things that happen to you inside a dream are based on your expectations. People expect to see their body in bed, they expect the "astral realm" to be exactly as they imagined and that is what they get. There is no real way of distinguishing this supposed experience from a lucid dream.
>>
>>17970881
What made you post the scientific familial name for nightshades?
>>
>>17970780
Find a dream deacon and make sure you don't wander off without telling them, because you'll definitely get lost and if you get lost then you'll never remember your dream
>>
>>17970864
According to my experience, there are several factors that determine the level of your control.
Your level of awareness is propably the most important one. You need to realise that the world around you is created and inhabited by you. That your real body is lying in bed, everything around you is a dream and you are in control of it.
Second is belief and expectation, if you don't believe something will happen, it certainly won't. Don't question anything, because in a dream, no physical laws apply, you are only limited by yourself.
Be creative, if you can't fly on a whim. Find a flying pill, press a button, put on flying shoes, you get the idea, something is bound to work for you.
>>
>>17970864
There are, however, some tried and true methods regarding certain activities. Be more specific and I may be able to elaborate.
>>
File: 1466693615958.jpg (21KB, 424x408px) Image search: [Google]
1466693615958.jpg
21KB, 424x408px
>>17970757
I have an adolescent daughter that says she almost always knows she's in a dream when she is dreaming. Could this be true? Is there such a thing as a natural lucid dreamer?
>>
>>17970963
She's probably just lying. Children are often pathological liars because they have nothing of value to offer adults, so they have to make things up in order to be the center of attention

You should just ignore her. Don't encourgae that behavor
>>
>>17970963
I think it's possible, it's relatively uncommon, but I've heard about people like that. Given they are telling the truth of course. On the other hand, there is a big difference between having this small notion that you might be dreaming and being full aware and in control.
>>
>>17970921
The fuck is that?
>>
>>17970984
Now that I think about it she never mentioned having control of her dreams, just being aware that she is dreaming.
>>
>>17970996
A servant of the dream
They should keep you safe and in line, so you can have a relaxed and satisfying experience worth remembering
>>
>>17971008
Never heard of them, never used them, never heard of any experienced lucid dreamer using them. The only thing I can think of that comes close to this is a dream guide.
But I guess it can't do any harm if you create a fictional entity which accompanies you and makes you feel more safe and relaxed inside a dream. As long as you keep in mind that it's just a manifestation of your subconscious, not an actual self-aware being. Also, lucid dreams are completely safe by default, just as normal dreams.
>>
File: 1423396842558.jpg (795KB, 1920x1080px)
1423396842558.jpg
795KB, 1920x1080px
Guys, thanks for all your replies and questions so far. It seems that this thread has become somewhat idle. I will be monitoring it for another hour or so and then I'm off to bed. Steady sleep schedule also helps with lucid dreaming. If there is anything else you want me to answer or elaborate on, let me know. I can describe different induction methods, tell you of my typical lucid dream or even try to answer the main question of the other thread >>17940450.
>>
I went through a phase of being able to Lucid dream for about 2 weeks in past summer, but never been able to actively do it since, although every now and then I am prone to it.

In that period of a couple of weeks, my sleeping pattern was fucked. Really fucked. I was going to bed at 4-5 in the morning.

The routine I got into was waking up at approximately 8-9 am, definitely awake, but still very drowzy. I can hear the stirrong of my parents of siblings rustling around the house, but I'm able to lie there and go back to sleep very easily due to my tiredness.

After this point, I'd literally just think to myself "I'm going to lucid dream." over and over again, sometimes about specific scenes, or dreaming about a specific person, other times not.

Eventually, it just happens. Obviously I slowly doze off to sleep so I don't really know how long it took, definitely over 30 minutes.

All of my experiences were completely different, and there were no recurring items / objects in my dreams. I don't really know how I figure out I'm dreaming, I just roam around and do wahtever I do in the dreams and then it will just click, and at that point you do whatever you want.

But for me, at this point of realisation it's almost the literal wake-up call. It seems that I have very limited time to do what I want (obviously can't put a time span on it but in relative terms seems quite short) and then I wake up.
>>
File: 1464626997289.png (121KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1464626997289.png
121KB, 396x382px
>>17970757
>"without paranormal bullshit"
>on the paranormal board
>Ask me anything

Kill yourself.
>>
>>17971177
Great, I just refreshed the page by accident and lost a very comprehensive post. I'm still here and I will try to rewrite it, give me a minute.
>>
File: 1424109699820.jpg (164KB, 788x804px) Image search: [Google]
1424109699820.jpg
164KB, 788x804px
>>17971300
I didn't say I'm not willing to talk about paranormal stuff. Lucid dreams, however, aren't paranormal in the least. Yet still, there are 2 threads open where people are sprouting blatant bullshit about a subject on which I can shed some light. If you don't like it, leave my thread.
>>
>>17971177
I already said that maintaining steady sleep schedule is beneficial to lucid dreaming on the long run. But it's definitely possible, that in short term, your fucked up sleeping pattern made your mind more awake and thus prone to realising you are dreaming.
>After this point, I'd literally just think to myself "I'm going to lucid dream." over and over again, sometimes about specific scenes, or dreaming about a specific person, other times not.
Now this one is interesting. The way I see it, performing induction techniques and certain activities during the day simply increases your percentual chance of becoming lucid.
Let me clarify through an example: Imagine you are off to bed. If you were a normal person with zero knowledge about lucid dreaming, your chances of getting one are 0,5%. Let's say, that you know what lucid dreaming is and have been thinking about it lately, your chances are now 4%. Let's say you have been writing down your dreams for last two weeks and you have a great recall, your chances are now 8%. Now, let's assume, that you have been practising DEILD (>>17970805), your chances have increased to 15%. If you had done WBTB (>>17970834), you would end up at 20% and so on...

In your particuliar case. You were aware of the subject, you actively tried to get a lucid dream and you attempted it after a few hours of sleep which is great, because REM cycles are longer and your mind is close to a waking state. Lastly, you unknowingly performed a MILD (Mantra Induced Lucid Dream) by repeating that phrase over and over and visualising your desired dream (I can elaborate on MILD if you want me to). Seems to me that you increased your chances by a great amount. I will try to explain why are you waking up prematurely in the next post.
>>
>>17971409

This is seriously interesting to read, makes a lot of sense. I'd love to hear about MILD and a continuing explanation if you can
>>
>>17971037
Ok good luck remembering
>>
>>17971177

>All of my experiences were completely different, and there were no recurring items / objects in my dreams. I don't really know how I figure out I'm dreaming, I just roam around and do wahtever I do in the dreams and then it will just click, and at that point you do whatever you want.
I don't think it's necessary to rely on dream signs. It is simply helpful, because it triggers reality checks, but reality check can be triggered spontaneously as well. There are also different methods which do not rely on reality checks at all. And if you think about it, you already have to be aware or at least suspicious that you might be dreaming to perform one.

>But for me, at this point of realisation it's almost the literal wake-up call. It seems that I have very limited time to do what I want (obviously can't put a time span on it but in relative terms seems quite short) and then I wake up.
I believe that you are too excited. When you are asleep, your body can still produce adrenaline. I honestly don't know much scenarios more exciting than the immediate realisation that you are in fact dreaming. This excitement wakes you up. But you can prevent it. Take a deep breath and don't rush things, you propably have around half an hour of potential dream time so there is no point in being in a hurry.
Try to stabilise a dream by focusing on your sensory input. Rub your hands together, look at something and take in the incredible detail. Try to engage all your senses. If you feel that a dream is falling apart, try to get hold of something to anchor yourself in a dream, do not give up without a fight. The more lucid dreams you'll have the easier you'll find to stay asleep.

>>17971426
Allright, I'll try to elaborate on it.
>>
>>17971426
MILD stands for Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams (I previously mispelled it). It makes use of mantras and visualization exercises. It's utility can vary greatly, because you can use it on just about anything and not only for directly inducing lucid dreams. The materials I found on this method are quite comprehensive so I will try to simplify it a bit.

Basicaly, you need to invent some kind of a mantra. If you intend to become lucid, a good example would be "I'm aware that I'm dreaming" but just about anything will do as long as it's short and on point. It has to have a meaning for you, don't just blindly use my example. You can change your mantra whenever you please, but you'll need to stick to it for a while in order for it to have an effect.

Now that you have your mantra ready. You need to repeat it a few times during a day. The best way to make use of it is to associate it to certain daytime activities so that you don't forget. Every time you use a toilet for example. It will be most effective just before falling asleep and during WBTB.
Another part of it is visualisation. It simply helps you to achieve your dream goals or to get lucid by visualising your desired dream scenario. Just imagine yourself inside a dream performing a successful reality check and doing whatever you want to do during your lucid dream. And that's it, there is not much more to it.
As I said, MILD is not limited to inducing Lucid Dreams directly. It just helps you set your intention. You can, for example, use it to remember dreams as well. Just change it to "I will remember all my dreams" or something along those lines. For some people, it can yield quite good results as a standalone technique, but you could even try using it along with the other ones.
>>
File: 1453571372459.jpg (3MB, 4500x2813px) Image search: [Google]
1453571372459.jpg
3MB, 4500x2813px
Allright, I'm leaving now. But if the thread is still alive, we can continue tomorrow.
>>
>>17971459
>>17971587

Brilliant. Thanks for explaining this, anon. So it seems like during these periods I have unknowingly been using some of these techniques in a routinely fashion to hugely increase the chance of the lucid dreaming.

Thanks for taking time out to help. God's speed, anon
>>
I'm trying to lucid dream and I do reality checks, etc but it still doesn't work. I'm not righting a journal by the way, thats autistic.
>>
>>17970757
OP doin God's work. I know a shit ton about lucid dreaming, but I never come to these threads because it's always some asshole disregarding science for MUH THIRD EYE CHAKRA LAXATIVES
>>
>>17971623
Dream journals are not autistic.
>>
>>17970937
OH LORD. I can't tell you the amount of times I've been lucid dreaming and can't control a damn thing. I've literally failed at using magic before, and it's the shittiest thing ever.
I have had some success.
It seems lately though, I usually know that I'm dreaming, but it's weird. It's like I don't care. It's like I still don't fully realize that I'm in a dream, and all the crazy stuff happening seems normal. The only awareness I have is that I'm going to wake up from this soon.
>>
File: zzzdmrs_010.jpg (22KB, 288x318px) Image search: [Google]
zzzdmrs_010.jpg
22KB, 288x318px
>>17970757

There was this chick who told me she had gotten anxiety attacks because of lucid dreaming. Is that possible?
>>
>>17971944
>I got mental health problems from things inside of my head
I don't know anon, you tell me.
>>
Is it possible to listen to music in LD?
>>
I've lucid dreamt twice the first time when I realized I was dreaming I tried to Conjure a girl to have sex with. I couldn't get it to work for the life of me then I woke up. Waking up felt weird it was like going down the first drop on a rollercoaster there was a bump then an intense falling feeling and then I was awake. How do I have sex in my lucid dream?
>>
>>17970757
I dont dream. I shut down like a computer and my body is no longer my own. When i wake up its like nothing happend. The few times iv drempt is because of michael joseph price.
>>
>>17970805
I once did a reality check and got sleep paralysis, everything was white and i didn't see any demons.
>>
Allright, I'm back with some answers. Prepare yourselves for a wall of text.

>>17971623
You managed to pinpoint your own problem. Reality checks rarely work alone. If you don't have any dream signs, at least try to attach them to some everyday activities. Do a reality check every time you walk through a door, every time you flip a light switch, every time you wake up and so on. You'll also need to be mindful while doing them, do not let it become something automatic.
But it still won't guarantee you a lucid dream unless you have a good recall. Even if it does, you'll propably forget it. If you don't want to use dream journal in the form of a notebook, you can write down your dreams on your phone or use a voice recorder.

>>17971944
If she truly has a social anxiety and isn't only seeking attention (which is unlikely), lucid dreaming definitely isn't at fault. In fact, some people have been using lucid dreaming as means to cure anxiety. You can practice your social skills without any consequences in a lucid dream. Then again, chances are she hasn't even had an actual lucid dream.

>>17971963
Yes, but you are limited by your memory if you want to listen to a specific piece. You can, however, listen to original pieces. You wouldn't believe how creative your brain can be when asleep. I sometimes use it as an inspiration to make music.
>>
>>17971915
I previously stated that dream control is directly related to your level of awareness. You should improve your awareness first if you want to see any control happening. Sadly, there isn't any exact method to do so.
You can, however, try improving your awarenes from within the dream. Once you find yourself lucid, make sure you perform a throughout reality check and stabilise the dream. Then, try to engage your memory. Try to remember what did you eat for dinner, recall your previous day... This alone should yield a satisfying amount of awareness.
The problem is, that if you posess so little awareness, you'll propably have a hard time remembering to do those things once dreaming.The best way to counter this is to set your intentions during the day. Make sure you have an exact plan what's going to happen in your next lucid dream.

The best way to approach control itself is to start with simple things to build your confidence. To be honest, lifting a building is in no way harder than lifting a rock in a dream. But you are more likely to believe, that you will manage to do the second than the first task. You are limiting yourself with your expectations and beliefs, but it's hard to get rid of them.
That's exactly why building your confidence is important. The difficulty of individual tasks varies from one person to another which makes it hard to differentiate between "basic" and "advanced" ones. I will list some of the ones that I find relatively easy: Flying, changing a dream scene, summoning people, summoning items, maintaining a conversation with a dream character.
If you want to know my methods to achieve certain tasks or have some other questions, ask away. You can also read my previous post about dream control (>>17970937), although I must admit it doesn't say much.
>>
File: hypnogram.jpg (52KB, 698x274px) Image search: [Google]
hypnogram.jpg
52KB, 698x274px
>>17972002
Having a sex in a dream is quite tricky because it makes you excited. If you become too excited, you are likely to wake up. Are you asking me how to make the sex itself work or should I provide an explanation of how I summon people during a lucid dream?

>>17972230
Unless you have some kind of a mental disability, you definitely dream, you just don't remember your dreams. Attached picture is showing sleep stages and cycles. Vivid dreams happen during the REM periods. I'd wager that it isn't even possible to get through REM without experiencing a dream. You should try to make a conscious effort to remember your dreams. You can use MILD (>>17971587) with intention to remember them. If you are feeling ambicious, you might even add WBTB to that (>>17970834).
Once you have a bit of recall, write down everything you remember. It should gradually get better.

>>17972297
As unbelievable and far fetched as it sounds, it's completely normal not to see any "demons" during sleep paralysis in contrast of what you are led to believe because of /x. It don't think the reality check was at fault, you simply fell into sleep paralysis by accident. If you want to know anything more specific about sleep paralysis, let me know.
>>
>>17970963

I learned to lucid dream on my own when I was still a child, without knowing the term and without certainty that it was even possible to do. your kid could easily learn it if she tried. it's not that difficult to do if you pay attention. ask her what her method is

she probably still has non-lucid dreams and just doesn't remember them. also, selection bias

>>17970975

please do not have children
>>
>>17973676
>Are you asking me how to make the sex itself work
kek
>>
>>17970963
you now know she's doing fiki-fiki while you sleep
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.