[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really the end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

For some stupid reason previous thread is 404. I'm not OP, but an anon was talking about his experience dying from drowning and it was really interesting.

So in this thread we talk about the possibility of an afterlife. Near death experiences, astral projection and related stuff.

Is there life after death?
What evidence is there supporting there is? What evidence is there against it?
>>
>>17970748
Yeah im the anon sharing that experience. There was someone who asked me couple of things but as i answered thread went 404. I think of it as courtesy at least to answer to the anon and maybe help kickstart the thread. His questions were:
1. How was afterlife or what exactly did i experience.
2. If i come from a specific religious background
3. How the experience has affected me religiously.
If i forget something, forgive me anon wherever you are. :)
Okay so.
1. There was no light, or tunnel, or angels or demons. Instead what i saw can only be described in phases. Phase 1, was immediately after dying. I was directly looking at my body. Phase 2, i started lifting up and sort of hovered over the entire area above the sea. I stayed there for a bit looking down at the surrounding area and the people. Phase 3, was when i started "expanding". I could see literally the entire world. But it wasnt human sight. It can be more accurately described by looking at colors taking shape. I could see every human. I remember i tried to focus on people i used to know, and i did, i saw them, but then i stopped focusing on them because i "knew" that if i "stared" they would sense me and that would be unfair to them because it would confuse them. During that time a thought crossed to me to travel all creation to witness it (keep in mind that this is my greatest wish), and i was ready to do so, but it was at that moment that something sparked in me reminding me that i had not finished something. It was then that i decided, reluctant at first but decisively later, to return.

Cont.
>>
Ya it is .CME headed this way will destroy things as we know it . The End .
>>
>>17970819
Cont. During my time in this state, there was no negative feelings. Even the pity or sadness i felt for specific things, it was coated with a feeling i can only describe as "contentment". I knew everything, saw everything. There was noone else with me but i was definitely not alone. As if i had my own thoughts and at the same time i was part of something "more". There was also a voice talking to me sharing my thoughts. That voice was me and not exactly me at the same time. The voice in your head is almost like it but imagine it much much stronger and "present". I could "travel" to any place i wanted instantly, i only had to visualize it.
If you guys want details on any of this ill be happy to answer more.
Moving on the next question.
2. No i do not come from a specific religious background. I was raised in a family that valued education and so on.
And the last question.
3. I have to admit that before the experience i didnt care about religion at all, in fact i found it rather dumb. However after, the feeling of interconnectedness, and the feeling of this spirituality has been etched to my "being". I close my eyes and i feel again this "expansion" this lifting, in the air we breathe, in the water we drink, in the words we say, in the hugs we exchange. I view organized religion as the outcome of thousands of years of human culture, and the culmination of human esoteric knowledge. I never found much meaning in interpretating literally religious works. They "could" be the way to attain knowledge but i am more of the belief of a phrase jesus said: break a piece of wood and youll find me there, lift a rock and im under there."
So i hope my answers help, if there are more im around. :)
>>
I had an experience with drowning, I was pulled into a hallowed log that the river ran through. My friend grabbed my arms and tried to pull me out but the current was too strong (due to the fact that the entire force of the river was going through this small hole in a log). I specifically remember looking up at my friend, and being very calm while seeing the water pass over my eyes. Then as time went on (about 3-4 seconds) everything went black suddenly and all I could make out was a huge stone doorway. Right as my mind perceived what I was looking at my friend let go and I shot out the other end of the log. Sometimes I think I went through a doorway to another life where I did live, while my physical body stayed in my last life. A lot has been different since then, the world seems jumbled and so does my mind. I came back home with a different perspective after that trip, but soon went back to daily life. Never was religious, but this experience made me think spiritually. I wouldn't say religiously though, I still believe in the absence of a creator or God.
>>
The other thread got pruned, but given how peaceful the afterlife is always depicted and how horrible life in general is.... Is there any reason any of us should WANT to be alive? What if life is some horrible mistake and it sorts itself out within a century... letting us be spirits again... letting the pain stop.

Life in itself, a form of dysphoria?
>>
>>17970843
CME?
>>
>>17970748
I have been dead.
I died after a bone graft, because I was over-anesthetized. I was given narcan to revive me, and came to with four people picking me up off the floor in the OR recovery room.
For the next two hours, I felt the effects of a six hour surgery, as Narcan blocked everything.
Since then, my life has gone wrong to the point that I'm either cursed, or I died, and this is hell.
>>
>>17971029
I fear this is hell as well and that the spirit realm can save us
>>
>>17971029
You are wrong
if your in hell you couldnt go on 4chan on a comfy friday evening posting absolite bullshit
now please leave
>>
This expanding you felt is actually your very essence coming together and returning to its 'original' form. Your consciousness was trying to keep itself in place. Remember that you no longer had a body so your very essence is shifting for your liking.

This is actually pretty interesting, something tells me that whatever your mission was has been fulfilled or you never had one to begin with. You are given a choice when you are at the edge of never returning and you can choose to leave or stay, your sub conscious must of made you stay.

There are rare cases where divine intervention comes to play and these moments are seen as miracles. Essentially you have a duty you must fulfill and need to complete it no matter what. Usually people see living lights while dead usually as a heart lifting reminder that you aren't alone and will always be watched, these lights are a push back into your body and encouragement.
>>
>be around 9 or 10
Playing in a deep murky pond, country
Can't swim, other kid gives me inflated tire tube to ride around
Go there without tube one-day. stay by edge of shallow end as older kids screwed off. Trying to learn how to swim when the ground underneath came loose. Frantic struggle as I try reach to land. Can't feel anything with feet. Swallowing mouthful and starting to fill lung with murky clay filled water. In panic mode, thought if I drop to the bottom I can walk back up. Sink lower but no land. Must of veered off further when struggling. Dirty water in lungs. Pissed that my plan was flawed. Fear of death became a concept, hits me hard. Last I checked other kids were too far away to help. 60+ seconds away. No way they make it in time. Lungs hurt too much just wanted to die already. Lost body functions except for hearing. Eyes might still work but too murky to tell. Pain start to feel like a warm pulse instead of sharp knife. Body was really heavy but start to feel lighter. Feels good, like a small vortex of air spinning both directions is lifting me up. Separating my lighter head from my heavier body. No more panic at this point and just go with the flow. Consciousness was almost completely gone cause I wasn't seeing anything in my mind. Just blackness as this omni-direction updraft sort of release me. Then almost the same feeling as someone waking you up right after you passed out from a mega triathon. I was pulled out of water. First thing I see that I was on the same spot that the ground gave out underneath, standing on it. more shocked that I lasted long enough to be rescued. Even more shocked that I almost died. Found out some kid showed me up and actually did before. Never swim there again. Still can't swim today. Used do risky stunts to impress others but not anymore after that.
Tldr: no light, just blackness, feels like sleeping for the last time.
>>
>>17971046
but that is hell, don't u see.
>>
>>17971078
Why, thank you i never thought of it this way to be honest... It gives a new perspective to things..be well friend and thank you for the insight.. :)
>>
>>17970997
My life is bretty gud breh. Learn to fix yours.

Or, you know, kys

>>17970852
Sounds _a lot_ like astral travel.
>>
>>17971431
That sounds like losing consciousness to me. Sorry but you didn't actually go all the way.

Try again!
>>
some stupid reason??

try faggot mods
>>
>>17971003

Coronal Mass Ejection, or Solar Flare. No, they cannot destroy the world. Yes, they could significantly affect our way of life by disabling/destroying electrical systems.
>>
>>17974266
Yeah it does doesnt it? Ive tried to go astral but it takes tremendous discipline and dedication to master it. I only wish i had more time in my days. Perhaps astral travel is the safest closest you can get to the "after" without kicking the bucket. My experience with the after was really really intense though and ill never forget it. Btw, ive also tried the shamanic journey. For some reason it seems too easy to accomplish in contrast with the astral(at least for me), but the journey has a somewhat different perspective. Id like to hear your thoughts on this.
>>
>>17974967

To boost astral,
90 min mindfulnessmeditation dialy .
also mastering astral proyections in 90 days. Robert Bruce.

And you said it,
here in the bardo of becoming everything from living to dying ,takes time.
>>
>>17974967

Besides >>17974979
Over-sleeping helps. After 10 hours sleeping it's considerably easier to get spontaneous OBEs and fake awakenings which you can easily turn into OBEs.
>>
>>17974979
>>17975005
Hmm that seems interesting. About the oversleeping though, it might be a problem as i rarely sleep more than 5 hours a day. Insomnia survivor too. :) But i do have lots of exp with lucid dream if that helps, i dont really know. Thanks guys though for the input.
>>
I want to believe in the hermetic idea of reincarnation, that it's life after life, human to alien to spiritual being all for the purpose of spiritual growth that results in reuinifying with the source of existence but idk, you die and your brain shuts off, it's easy to believe that all NDEs are just the brain tripping balls and you just fade away into nonexistence postmortem because you lose the source of your perception(your brain)
>>
>>17975136
You don't need to. After death your body is recycled, and so are the parts of your mind. Eventually you'll become part of something else. This isn't a bad thing is it?
>>
>>17975144
Not experiencing anything forever is scary
>>
>implying you don't suck your own dick for eternity in the afterlife
>>
>>17970748
you don't die OP, you just change form... you become flowers and bugs and butterflies and trees, then sometime one of your fruits will be eaten by a human and that matter will be used as a base for a baby, that matter will be you, that baby will be you.
>>
>>17975500
Filthy hippie
>>
I too WANT to believe in some sort of reincarnation, but then everybody I got to know, all the work I pulled off and the people I got to love, it'll all be trashed. Like reinstalling windows...

gets me thinking, maybe we have a limit of what we can keep, like either our soul, smarts, or some shit like that. Kinda like when you reinstall an OS but you save some shit on a flashdrive to keep
>>
gaylord...
>>
I had a stroke and then a hemorrhage what happened next was I saw myself from outside of my body and exploded upwards and then I was in the space that was just luck that I was aware of myself and I was aware that this was the next step. I was also aware that somehow I knew that this was just a chapter in my life. and and I sort of popped up and down in the middle of this black space. and the next thing I remember was waiting for something to pick me up as if I were at a bus stop. this was somehow my assigned spot to be picked up for the next thing. then in the distance I noticed a few lights crowded together. they swayed back and forth as they came closer and closer to me and I can tell how time had passed. but then I realized I felt the talking as if I were a balloon on the end of the string. and the two younger stronger and it started pulling me down words. then gravity took over and I started falling faster and faster. at the end of the Fall I suddenly fell into my body and woke up. The paramedics told me that they had revived me from death and that I had been clinically dead as far as I could tell for around 4 minutes.
>>
we dont have any evidence of an afterlife, all these "near-death" experiences only tell us what our brains do before it loses oxygen. Nobody's brain has died and come back. So when you lose blood circulation or oxygen and enter this realm and feel and see everything, that's the brain basically freaking the fuck out and trying to stay alive before it loses oxygen or blood
>>
>>17975961
No not really. In the cases of clots that affect memories or image recognition then some how we get cohesive and fluid experiences without the ability to generate or recognize.

I've also had a moment where a clot deprived me of oxygen and it's definitely not the same. If your going to use the science card we at least be consistent and not dismissive
>>
>>17970819
This guy is full of shit. Sounds like he watched (enter the void) which is NOTHING like what you really experience.

You fold back into your own consciousness, saying you are projecting upwards is just a further extension of ones ego.

You realize there was no body!So tell me how you looked down on it?
>>
>>17975731
>Not understanding you and literally everything around you is made from atoms.

Dumb ass
>>
>>17978726
Tbh the only one with a big ego here seems to be you.
>>
>>17970843
>things as we know it
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>17974928
If you want people to take you seriously, you might want to start out with some correlation, maybe some context, rather than making yourself look like a madman.
>>
>>17978738
>Not understanding that complex arrangements of "atoms" are required in order to produce consciousness
>flowers and bugs and butterflies and trees

Dumb ass
>>
>>17970997
How can pleasure exist without pain?
Sometimes they become the same.
>>
>>17978726
Im still lurking around. Im sorry if my story causes such conflict. I merely wanted to share. However i do have to underline here a thought that crossed my mind when reading your post. How could anyone know or guess the state of consciousness of a person, or the way it would or should experience things? I basically describe events taking place immediately after a (near) death experience. How would anyone know for sure if its brain chemistry, a type of ego consciousness as you said, the void, the afterlife, or even ayy lmaos. It seems a bit presumptuous or judgemental to just say im full of shit. Either way my regards and all my fedora tips to you all guys.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.