[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you guys accept becoming death itself/the grim reaper?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: grim-reaper4.png (87KB, 615x533px) Image search: [Google]
grim-reaper4.png
87KB, 615x533px
Would you guys accept becoming death itself/the grim reaper? Would you even enjoy it?
What would you expect to be paid / what would you pay to be able to off literally anything?
Do you believe there could be multiple deaths?
How would you try to get employed?
>>
Pretty sure death is automated, chap.
>>
>>17970092
If there is such a creature as Death, it would seem a very intimate job to take. Hes like the last person you see with your dying breath (some say even a bit earlier) and the first person you see in the afterlife. Imagine the torrent of emotions we all undergo during this moment. Being there for someone to assist them in the most traumatic experience-passage (assuming there is one) would require someone with such almost incomprehensible and unconditional empathy. I imagine he would experience the death of every mortal he helps, as his own. I do not envy him as a character or profession but i rather admire the perspective granted to him.
>>
yeah...Id have to agree. People are afraid of death. But just think, he's there to guide you through to the other side. Can you imagine how scary that would be alone?
>>
File: 5334O2 854.jpg (61KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
5334O2 854.jpg
61KB, 650x487px
Watch first Season of "Dead Like Me", way funny take on Grim Reapers. Second season loses it's way badly and then mercifully was ended. You're going to love the first season, then think the next one will be OK. Resist the temptation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Like_Me
>>
File: 386372.jpg (27KB, 287x475px)
386372.jpg
27KB, 287x475px
>>17970092
Read this book.

No, seriously, read this book.
>>
>>17970373
Dude I remember that show. Aside from some annoying side characters that shit was golden. Thanks for reminding me anon
>>
>>17970092
>Would you guys accept becoming death itself/the grim reaper?
Yeah, sure.
>Would you even enjoy it?
It would probably be pretty enjoyable, offing people would be easy to do as well, guiding them to the next world, cracking jokes as I do.
>What would you expect to be paid
A mansion in hell with my own servants, 3 months paid vacation per year, a monthly salary of $50k at least.
>what would you pay to be able to off literally anything?
Nothing, I already work hard enough.
>Do you believe there could be multiple deaths?
Yes, with a lot of interns as well probably.
>How would you try to get employed?
Dank memes.
>>
>>17970092
Well, you'd get to meet a lot of new people.
>>
>>17970886
Is this a pros and cons? I can do that:
>be Death
Pros:
1. Meet a lot of new people.
2. Get to slaughter them in any way imaginable.
Cons:
1. Be bony.
2. Get a lot of "bone" jokes.
>>
File: 1467317451694.jpg (746KB, 1981x1981px)
1467317451694.jpg
746KB, 1981x1981px
>>
>>17970897
That would mean that after the first death, you get to the afterlife only to die again.
>is that called afterdeath?
>be me.
>die.jpeg
>open my eyes as angels are singing
>bask in the glory of the afterlife
>god speaks
>shitmypants
>die of heart attack
>mfw see Death again and he facepalms
>mfw
>>
What if your next incarnation is always your "Death"?

What if achieving enlightenment and preventing reincarnation also prevents your spirit from being reaped and re-sown upon passing, because there are no more incarnations required?

What will you be *after* Death?
>>
Most NDEs are described as being peaceful and loving, life in general is hellish and a nightmare.

Death is a fucking hero and he saves us from agony. I'd wear the title proudly and give us a mass extinction event.
>>
File: 1411657477983.png (351KB, 1500x1500px)
1411657477983.png
351KB, 1500x1500px
>>17970838
>>
File: 1409457165047.jpg (925KB, 1843x3423px)
1409457165047.jpg
925KB, 1843x3423px
>>
>>17970953
your life must be shit
>>
>>17970155
Dey tuk er jerbs!
>>
The Grim Reaper is a shapeshifting anime girl named Tony
>>
>Would you guys accept becoming death itself/the grim reaper?
Definitely
>Would you even enjoy it?
It'd hurt a little every time but at the same time would be doing a lot of good
>What would you expect to be paid
Well, if i could id like to live luxurious af and be promised infinite life as death (ironic isnt it) >what would you pay to be able to off literally anything?
Prob wouldn't pay or need to because id pay having to live out the death of everyone
This question could mean so many different things.
>How would you try to get employed?
Idk. Rituals. Hoping. Idk. Setup a machine to off me after i become an expert at going astral so i can go to death in the astral and ask him that when i off myself very soon can i be death then waiting for it to kill me. Id prefer to do a ritual though.

>>17973085
>>17970953

Hes kinda got a point (assuming you dont go to a hell) then you would be granted peace and death brings you to that peace.
>>
>>17970092
Would you guys accept becoming death itself/the grim reaper?

Sure.

Would you even enjoy it?

Might meet interesting people/situations along the way.

What would you expect to be paid?

Just some decent abilities that let me do my job, or equalizers to such abilities that allow me to perform at my best.

Benefits for family could be nice, like painless (can still be gruesome) deaths

Do you believe there could be multiple deaths?

If it helps the cosmic bureaucracy then sure, also depends on the scope of power.

How would you try to get employed?

Visit a thousand graves.
>>
>>17970953
THIS

Death loves us all
>>
>>17973871
Death does not love or hate. Death does not have feelings. Death is a true neutral, and thus the only entity suited for the job.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.