[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cursed copy of Cosmogenesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 20160725_090600.jpg (362KB, 1033x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160725_090600.jpg
362KB, 1033x1836px
This is my first copy of volume one of The Secret Doctrine, Madame Blavatsky's 1888 work that is probably responsible for everything that is Western Occultism today. I bought it from a used bookstore awhile ago and stuck it on a shelf... something about it I just couldn't bring myself to read it.

Anyhow, I get a call from my guy who keeps an eye out for these things and he got a line on a copy of the book in even better condition, along with Vol 2 and the Index/Bibliography (which is actually a separate book). So I go and fork over a bunch of money for these volumes because I'm a fucking nerd, and bring 'em back to the office. Sitting down with them now my feeling about them is totally different. Happy to read them. Blavatsky was a nutjob but there are some good ideas here.

So I figure what the hell, sell my first copy of Vol 1... I take it off the shelf, snap pic related, post that I'm selling it in a couple of closed Facebook groups... figure I'd give my friends a chance at it before I put it on eBay or whatever. I don't put it away because I think maybe people will request specific pics of parts of the book or whatever to check the condition... so it's sitting on the desk next to me.

Over the course of the day I start to get more and more anxious. Like... JUMPY. I can't figure it out. I'm just nervous, like... I might even go so far as to say I start to feel scared. AT NOTHING, by the way... just this general sense that something bad is about to happen.

This goes on well into the evening after I get home, takes me until maybe about an hour before I go to bed before I finally shake it off.

Next day I come back in the office and see the book sitting there, and right away my gut clenches... and I know for a fact it's this fucking book. There's something wrong with it.

Moved it across the room and left it on the window sill... maybe some sunshine will help? IDK...

Anybody with experience with these things have some advice?
>>
Burn it
If the fire doesn't destroy it you're fucked
>>
>>17968254
Well it'll obviously burn... but fuck man, feels like a waste...
>>
>>17968265
How long have you owned that book?
>>
>>17968268
Not long... maybe a few months.
>>
Just draw a circle around it and then trace the pentagrams from the LBRP over it.
>>
File: runealgiz.jpg (166KB, 914x1006px) Image search: [Google]
runealgiz.jpg
166KB, 914x1006px
>>17968276
This.

Also draw this rune (algiz) and rest and amethyst stone on top.
>>
>>17968276
You know... that's so ridiculously obvious. Why the fuck didn't I think of that? LOL... wow this thing really must have done my head in...

>>17968293
Don't have an amethyst but I can stick a post-it with Algiz drawn on it on the book np...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.