[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we have souls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (36KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 600x800px
Do we actually have souls/spirits? I think about my existence and I feel like only awareness within a body.

I've been used and abused since I was born and feel like no one would ever want me unless they were stupid. So I don't want to exist anymore.

I don't know what created me but I do know it's not a nice being.
>>
>>17965925
Life rebirth karma.

You're best using your life to make it better for the next. If you do kill yourself you may possibly rebirth at a time with better social norms and conditions and it may make your life "easier" with a "better" family, but the ill intention associated with killing yourself could manifest as sickly shit for your body, or even worse, you're uglier than you are now or even worse both. Most likely both.
>>
>>17965936
has anyone ever proved souls exist? All I ever read is various ideas which all conflict with each other.
>>
File: image.png (16KB, 188x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16KB, 188x272px
>>17965942
The universe is too perfect to come from nothing. Too exact for something that breathes and loves to come out of strictly the foundations of non-living things. The deeper you "discover" the more perfect it seems.
There are people who choose strictly spirituality, there are people who choose strictly science & technology as explanations, but I say it's a mixture, an amalgamation of every immaculate idea that forms us into what we are today because we are made to make something that is made to make.
Love creates out of love.
If there is no soul then we would be mindless machines, more beast than human. It's our soul that lets us express ourselves in ways most other things around us can't and to some kids who think they're "deep" into science and use evolution to debunk everything spiritual, I say to you it's all one in the same.
Nothing is new under the sun.

Yes, there's a soul, there's a spirit, there's a monad and then there's every other higher conscious power that elevates itself through time leading to what is known as God.

The number of conscious entities which exist is countless. You can't fill the entire earth with 9's size font 8 and come close to it.
Things work in levels, though, so you can't go from level 5 to 20 without going through all other 15.

Lordran exists somewhere and you can't prove it doesn't in the same way you can't prove a soul doesn't exist or exist, but you have to believe and why would you ever believe in a negative?
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 352x352px
>>17965963
>the i'm a fucking thread killer. Every single time. what is the purpose of even sharing the ideas in my framework if nobody seems to even acknowledge them or even want to have a friendly banter over them....
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 803x617px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 803x617px
>>17966006
>tfw* you mistype tfw
>>
>>17966006
Maybe if you stop posting like a faggot we'd take them seriously enough to engage with them
>>
>>17965963
I don't see any proof that soul exist.
I prefer to believe a difficult truth that a happy lie.
>>
>>17966012
I'm not cursing anyone out though and you didn't add anything of substance to it so don't include yourself in any form of "we", no "we" would want you in it
>>
>>17965942
Rene Descartes.
>>
>>17966015
That's pretty sad considering you make your truths and your lies.
For me it's
>difficult lie
>happy truth
>>
From what I understand, we ARE souls. You aren't material. You aren't a thing. You are the phenomenon transpiring that animates your material structure. What separates a corpse from a body? Animation.

You are a phenomenon, and the end is not the destruction of your material makeup, but the cessation of that phenomenon. You are an event.
>>
Irrelevant question.
Your consciousness is only in your biological brain. You die, and "you" are gone forever. Everything that makes you "you" is in your skull. I could fuck with your brain and change your whole personality and make your outlook change (or kill you, I'm not a brain surgeon).

Genetic memory is a thing, spiritual memory might be a thing. But what good are someone/something else's memories?
For what its worth, I believe in the Animus.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
>>17966030
Good post

>>17966033
Eh, I don't believe our consciousness is "just" in our brain or that it's that simple.
We know so little and we've only begun to actually try and know more beyond more.

We're refining ourselves as humanity, therefore refining our souls, therefore refining our consciousness.
Perhaps, yes, most spirits do lose their consciousness, but there are those who are able to retain it perhaps through an enlightened life/karma so and such and those who become "skilled" enough to be able to retain it could recover past life memories.
All supposition, of course. Always fun to talk about though.
>>
>>17966047
Brain damage modifies our personality. This is a fact, and 10 seconds on google can literally give you hundreds of shared experiences, stories, and medical papers to support this.
However, it is MY belief that the Animus (not the soul) retains the experiences of life, but I believe the animus slowly decays after the death of the body in most cases. I believe also that after a brief stint in the afterlife the soul reincarnates. And in some rare (1 in a quadrillion) cases the animus and the soul stick together. But the next body is generally unable to fully utilize the memories of the animus. And a second animus generally fucks up a lifeform. This is just belief however. Humans are atleast somewhat special though, perhaps dolphins and similar sapient creatures are as well.
>>
>>17966066
What makes you subscribe to the idea of the Animus?
>>
>>17966015

The concept of soul in abrahmic faith is kiddish so I prefer vedic concept of atman. In vedic religion it is believed that the brain and the soul are two different things.Our atman is a fragment of paramatman.If you want some proof then you have to look for it. Do tapas,meditation and yoga.
>>
File: 1464201232879.gif (148KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
1464201232879.gif
148KB, 600x594px
>>17965963

>Lordran exists somewhere and you can't prove it doesn't

I hope so,buddy. Those games were my life.
>>
File: monkey.png (363KB, 378x503px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.png
363KB, 378x503px
>>17965925
>Do we actually have souls/spirits?
This question is fucked up if you think about it a little. If you phrase the question
>Do I have a soul?
then it would mean you are not actually your soul but something else.

If you're wondering about the soul, the proper question should be
>Am I a soul?
or
>Are we souls?
if we generalize for the sake of the thread.

Why is this important? I do not know how you think, OP, but making clear to yourself what do you mean by soul, body, thoughts, emotions and what other stuff is out there and how you feel they all play together helps a ton. If you imagine a soul just being some floating apparition, good fucking luck trying to figure this shit out.

And remember, pissing your pants in front of a wolf is only one way how to react to the situation. You cannot make the wolf change into a chicken, the only thing you can somewhat change is yourself.
>>
>>17965925
I'm not a believer in souls and spirits, or creation by divine beings. All I know that there's many different circumstances, and unfortunately too many people are born with shitty hands. That doesn't mean you suck or are undeserving of happiness anon. It just means that you might have to continue fighting for it, if you have it in you to do so.

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering.
>>
>>17966073
Something besides Orgone moves us? What's the difference between a living body and a corpse in stasis? The animus. Which functions off orgone in a way similar to how the body functions off electrons, or the soul functions off gluons.
>>
>>17966030
YOUR SOUL
MY SOUL
ARSEHOLE
>>
>>17966066
The ancient Egyptians postulated seven souls...
>>
>>17968399
But the limitations ascribed to the animus are hardly worth believing in if we're the architects of our own individual realities.
>>
>>17965925
No we don't

If you're such a pussy go on and kill youself.
>>
File: image.jpg (402KB, 806x810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
402KB, 806x810px
>>17968929
t b h f a m
I understand that this is how a lot of people act on 4chan, but what are you really contributing to anything or anyone by being like that?
It can only be fun for so long and even then it's pretty idiotic considering WE ALL ONE

Keep doing it if you really think it's cool tho, punch and get punched back eventually, someway, somehow, somewhere
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.