[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need confirmed examples of repressed technology for a story,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: 771619-00000000000000000.jpg (108KB, 549x673px) Image search: [Google]
771619-00000000000000000.jpg
108KB, 549x673px
Need confirmed examples of repressed technology for a story, got any good ones? Image not related
>>
>>17965857
you mean like the electric car?
>>
>>17965871
prove it, also better examples
>>
>>17965934
http://www.whokilledtheelectriccar.com/
GM made electric cars before anyone. They were unprofitable. But way back even in the '20s there were battery operated automobiles, they suck education.
>>17965857
What about the stealth fighter? It was built originally in the 70's and not declassified until the late 80'summer.
What type of technology are you looking for? Military, Commercial, Civilian?
>>
>>17965940
*they sucked
>>
>>17965940
all kinds really ive been fascinated lately by old World's fairs and technology expos, thinking of how and why that golden tomorrow has stayed just out of reach for so long, maybe someone doesn't want us to get there? so i need all kinds of examples of wonder tech that never got past the prototype phase, examples of inventors and geniuses dying mysteriously, that kinda thing
>>
>>17965857
Lightbulbs are purposely made to stop working after X amount of time.
>>
>>17965957
IIRC the Lear Jet Corporation was working on some kind of flying car concept in the 1950's that dropped off the map.
>>
>>17965987
Don't forget Ford's nuclear car.
>>17965957
What about fails?
Edison tried to block the usage of Alternating Current as a way to send power from the plant to your house, luckily Mr. Morgan was a greedy son of a bitch that saw dollar signs.
Speaking of Tesla (I'm a Teslaboo) the wireless transmission of energy took nearly a hundred (about 80) years to reach the civilian market. I use the same basic concept (with the edition of microprocessors) to charge my phone.
Fiber optics predates Bell's telephone patent by 34 years.
The British tried to hide the whole industrial revolution from the world.
>>
>>17965987
a slightly better example, but easily explained away, expense, difficulty of getting a special license,lack of support infrastructure, and impracticability killed that idea
>>
there doesn't seem to be that much material out there as i hoped, may have to manufacture some
>>
>>17967936
Give us better direction. Even sandboxes have borders.
>>
>>17967948

I think he's talking about viable tech that has been squashed by various interests. Like the gas pill or free energy.

OP, I doubt you'll find any that's confirmed. After all, if such things exist and were confirmed, they wouldn't be suppressed.
>>
>>17968030
I meant as to why they need it. Liquid circuitry won't do any good for someone writing a story about politics.
>>
>>17968047

I'm just trying to figure out what he's after. There's suppressed, which I take to mean something that gets you 200 mpg but then Big Oil won't make money, so the government suppresses it. Conspiracy shit.

Then there is tech that is not currently viable like flying cars.

The only area I'd buy active attempts to squash public knowledge is the pharmo industry.
>>
>>17965857
General Motors bought railroad lines in Western New York and across the country in the 1950s for the sole purpose of shutting them down and forcing rural residents to buy cars.
>>
I was trying to be to general I guess, removing the confirmed stipulation, but some evidence of cover up is useful, I'm looking at something that suggest someone or something is deliberately steering our tech in a specific direction
>>
>>17968115
I got you.
So tech suppression without a market motive?
Let me think on this. I'm sure I'll find something that'll fit your needs.
>>
>>17968115

There's the whole FF vs Solar thing currently going on. The EPA recently banned use of some models of coal/wood burning stoves in favor of pushing people toward oil/gas/electric (ie, more conglomerate-based/gov regulated) heating.
>>
>>17965857
dude in Australia created a perpetual motion engine with electromagnets turning a generator... idiot tried selling the patent. Poof, gone.
>>
>>17968174

You mean he tried selling a fallacy and wasn't awarded a patent?

Perpetual motion without using a universal force (which defeats the purpose) is impossible within the laws of physics.
>>
There used to be all kinds of information about nanotech available when is starting to become classified they had released plans for a planetary gear totally constructed by atoms. Now 20 years later there's nothing???
>>
>>17965981
That's easily proven false.
>>
Teslas ocilator. ..or earthquake machine...apparently the size of a toaster and could level a building and caused an earthquake in New York ..built to run on steam and produce basically free energy
>>
>>17968252
*oscillator
>>
>>17968107
The bus companies did the same thing w/ cable cars in the cities
>>
Viktor Schauberger
Do you know that name? You should, he invented a "perpetual motion" (it wasn't) machine. He never claimed it was a perpetual motion machine, instead he claimed it was powered by the natural energy of the Earth.
Nikola Tesla's free energy was also based off of this natural Earth energy.
Electric cars were first snuffed way back at the dawn of the internal combustion engine, then again in the Oil Crisis, and only now are given a chance. But see last point.
Nuclear Power is often cited as unsafe, and Nuclear Power disasters always get a lot of media. Chernobyl, Three Mile, Japan... Yet nuclear power is safer and more reliable than coal and oil (hydroelectric is the safest, and generally just as reliable as nuclear).
Clean Coal. Why did they feel the need to invent this as better power sources were around the corner?
Solar & Wind power, they just aren't reliable. Focus is being made to make them reliable.
Halt to nuclear testing internationally, sanctions on N. Korea for every bomb they test (but not for nuking S. Korea¿?).

Last point: Maybe nuclear power sources tap into this natural Earth energy. Maybe as a whole we are being directed away from whatever this "Earth" energy source is, and towards organic, kinetic, and E.T. (the Sun) power sources. Even tapping into the Earth's deeper crust for geothermal seems to be getting the snuff.
>>
>>17968328
already considered a benevolent group steering us away from "earth energy" for fear that we would kill the planet even faster by that method, byt thats too similar to the plot of final fantasy 7 and Mako energy
>>
>>Year 2000 stem cells can cure cancer
>>Year 2001 9/11 never hear stem cells again
>>
>>17965857
Fallout movie.
>>
>>17968236
THEN PROVE IT FALSE YOU AUTISTIC FAGGOT. WHAT DO YOU THINK -- YOU CAN JUST GO ON CALLING THINGS FALSE WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE? PROVE LIGHTBULBS AREN'T MADE TO GO OUT AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME.
>>
>>17968236
Yep. Do it. Prove. That. It. Is. False.
>>
>>17968236
You still haven't proven it yet.
>>
Thorium Reactor: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium-based_nuclear_power ...got supressed by Warmongers in favour of plutonium powered Plants..
>>
>>17966020
Would you mind expanding on the last 3 thigs you said for a fellow teslaboo?
>>
>>1796807dude literally all technology is not used until companies involved in such tech can make it profitable.
If that doesn't happen or if it would be anyway less profitable than current tech then it is suppressed often

See electric cars and sevral other examples suppressed by the oil industry
>>
File: bdjJfL2.png (198KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
bdjJfL2.png
198KB, 960x540px
>>
>>17968252
>>17968174
Guys it is one thing to realize the supression of technology that is true, but the shit you said is some ridiculous nonsense
>>
>>17970621

This is a pretty good one. Though I wouldn't call it repressed.

Pretty much the sole reason we use plutonium, despite being more dangerous, is to get rid of plutonium. Thorium is safer, doesn't require water to cool (little risk of a Japan-type disaster) and more efficient.
>>
File: griffithelectrodynamics.jpg (11KB, 260x321px) Image search: [Google]
griffithelectrodynamics.jpg
11KB, 260x321px
>>17970688
/sci/entist here please delete this image and read this book you stupid fucking /x/tard.
>>
GM hold quite a few patients for hydrogen powered cars and has done so since late 40's and a they are viable and operational. Just not going to make the money fossil fuels do. In reality the internal combustion engine was originally designed to run on hydrogen hence why fuel is hydrocarbons and the carbon in your fuel is what gives your oil a lifespan, creates buildups in your engine and realeases harmful chemicals.
Don't be fooled by the fossil fuel industry
>>
>>17970720
Its these days known as a resonator. Not the type in your exhaust. Google frequency resonator, they use then to stabilize some large brigades but if used by the 'wrong' person you could bring down anything you feel. Or in reality change the state of any matter. There is a fella that made a small one to boil water nearly instantly
>>
UnifiedField generators are another suppressed tech. Though more so because if you don't know what your doing you could literally destroy time. And that's not something we want anyone to do.

Teslas mode of generating, or more correctly harnessing electricity. Tapped into a naturally conductive rock that when water flowed through cracks and fractures produced a charge through induction.

Magnetic motor also another Tesla invention that never made it out of his lab. Using non contact bearing to have no friction and next to no resistance, a set of permentant magnets placed in alternating pater's on the shaft and opposite on the housing and a stator either side of the center bearing.
Also a few improved and revised versions but I won't share real info in them but more or less what you would call perpetual motion
>>
File: 2000px-Inductive_charging.svg.png (277KB, 2000x1228px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Inductive_charging.svg.png
277KB, 2000x1228px
>>17970670
See pic. The wireless transmission of energy is based off of electromagnetism. Those fun glass balls that arc when you touch them? Based off electromagnetism. The guy that figured out how to direct magnetic flow(not a real thing, just easier to explain it with this term) in order to route electrons to their destination? Tesla.
Fiber optic cable dates all the way back to the 1840's, it didn't have much use before telephones (telegraphs were cheaper to run without it, and it's addition doesn't really add quality, just increases speed, which wasn't necessary, electrical pulses already moved fast enough for a telegraph) it was more of a novelty.
The British did try to hide the entire industrial revolution. They even tried to prevent foreigners from working in mills or near anything steam powered. Jethro Tull, Samuel Slater and all that. It doesn't take forty years for technology to reach your neighbors less than 50 miles away.
>>
>>17971802
That's a horrible way to describe it. Simply, and most correctly:
Magnet A excites electrons in Magnet B.
>>
>>17971802
Tesla coils are actually high frequency low potentional current not based off electromagnetism, thought purely for showing the phenomena of lightening. But with the right knowledge you can engineer one to work to absorb ambient energy and use it as a transformer to create a usable current
>>
>>17965857
GPS?
>>
>>17971824
Everything electrical is electromagnetism. Negative to positive. Especially static electricity (lightning). Tesla coils were a bad example though. I'll admit that. Tesla's design for wireless energy transmittance was magnetic (ethereal or whatever he felt like calling it) in nature. The range was way too short for practical usage, and the amount being "sent" was also too small. Small portable devices had a good use for it.

They also put out a lot of wasted energy in the form of heat. It kinda works like a toaster, or a lightbulb, but with magnets.
>>
>the Earth has torque
>>
>>17965857
predicate calculus theory is being overshadowed by neural networks so that progammers do not find out how easy it is to build an AI
>>
>>17968236
The story ive heard was that in the old ussr light bulbs lasted ten times longer than in the west because standards were different. Nobody needed to profit from their industry there so some stuff were made to last longer.
>>
>>17965857

Wilhelm Reich's cloud buster and orgone accumulator

they literally burned them all because communists in our government didn't like what he said about communism
>>
>>17968236
>That's easily proven false.

there's documented evidence of lightbulb manufacturers agreeing to limit lightbulb life hours, lightbulb conspiracy documents the evidence, the only places where lightbulbs lasted a really long time were behind the iron curtain
>>
>>17968328
>then again in the Oil Crisis,

that oil crisis in the 70s was total economic warfare bullshit, price of oil went up 1000%, just because,
>>
>>17973922
if you keep a lightbulb on it will last for years
>>
>>17968170
Have you ever driven through a valley where everyone has one of those on a still morning? Basically smog happens.
>>
>>17971646
>what is thermodynamics
>>
YouTube wouldn't let you close the app and still listen to videos until YouTube red came out. God knows the tech for that has been around the whole time.

Illuminati
>>
>>17971646
The fact that people on 4chan refer to themselves as scientist's is hilarious to me.

I post on video game forums, I must be a game developer
>>
>>17973965
C O N F I R M E D
>>
When plastic was first invented the goblet was destroyed and the inventor and his family were slaughtered.
>>
>>17971374
you essentially just described 4chan
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.