[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chaos Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

File: images (2).jpg (7KB, 303x167px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
7KB, 303x167px
Let's talk chaos magic and hopefully go beyond sigils.
>>
Has anyone made up their own rituals and had any success? Can you give me an example?

I've been practicing the LBRP and it's just not really speaking to me. I don't believe in god, so the jewish god names don't really speak to me. I'm a little more open to the concept of angels, even if only just as a concept, but I still think I'd resonate with something else more, so I'm thinking of scrapping this ritual and using names from pop culture or mythology that resonate with me. Has anyone done anything like that? Does it make the whole thing too silly?
>>
>>17964770
>chaos magick
>beyond sigils
Is that even possible? Without the dogma and guidelines of practises that other avenues present, what else is there? Chaos just says make a sigil and wish really hard essentially.
>>
>>17964786
I think there's just as much structure to chaos as there is to other schools, but the point of chaos magic is to come up with the structure yourself instead of following a grimoire.

I am pretty new to this stuff though.
>>
I've fucked around with sigils with mixed results. I've slowly been compiling my instruments for a larger ritual. This winter I'm gonna start a grimoire myself and compile my rituals and other mag knowledge within. I wanna use the skin of my fathers first deer kill this year to bind the book.
>>
>>17964876
That's pretty cool. Can you give a concrete example if it's not too personal?
>>
>>17964770
>magic
Kek
>>
File: 1469468118369.jpg (123KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469468118369.jpg
123KB, 500x500px
>>17965844
>>
Chaos magic is using collective force of will forcussed on symbolism/common belief to cause events to unfold favorably for a goal. It's essentially what pol is doing, tapping into the collective willpower of everyone in a thread that believes what they're focussing on can happen.
>>
>>17964770
It's a rookie level magic.
>>
Read a book and take the next mans doctrine as truth, congratulations your a winner.
>>
>>17964775
You can change whatever you want and it should still work. I think older names/gods that have been used for thousands do better/are stronger for whatever reason, but that might just be my own personal problem. Check the "Discordian opening ritual" for how silly it can get. It's much too much for me though.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/downloads/Condensed%20Chaos.pdf

>>17964786
Symbols and ritual, you can take that from other religions and make them work for you. It doesn't have to be sigils, but it's always going to be sigils because sigils are easy and fun. If I'm trying to do something I really really want though, I'm going to try to go past sigils and include something else like fasting.

I'm thinking about using the energy of a crowd to fire off a sigil with a crowd, either go to a club or music show. Any thoughts on this? Plan is to get into the atmosphere as a form of gnosis, have the sigil on a paper, and if it's something like a show, just drop it on the floor to fire it and the crowd will end up jumping on it/stomping it throughout the night. Lots of religions use group energy, and I think it's something I'm missing. It's not like I'm going to tell anyone near me I'm playing wizard. I have my reputation.
>>
I still haven't done any banishing rituals, but I've always imagined Super Mario to be part of mine.

He had the power of the 99 coins.
>>
>>17964786
>Chaos just says make a sigil and wish really hard essentially.

All right dude, we get it. You don't understand chaos magic at all.
>>
>>17967777
not him but can I get a crash course in chaos? I've read some Hine and that's all I got from it too.
>>
>>17966098
I like these ideas.

Point taken about the name of gods being stronger than, say, Captain Jack Sparrow or Frankenstein or whatever. Maybe I'll read some mythology books and see if I can find some gods that resonate with me.

>>17966270
Bringing in video game symbols might be a good idea. I'm not sure there are more resonant symbols in my life than say, a Mario mushroom or a Zelda heart.
>>
I know very little but im learning by myself so cutt some slack, I think the more will and faith you put into an idealized entety the stronger the idea gets and it migth one day wakeup, Im starting a cult but Im not very good at persuasion , so far I got 3 people with me.
Can anyone explain the basics of how sigils work?
>>
>>17964770
best act of chaos magic is to move to a new country knowing nobody and having no job and trying to find work and a place to live and new friends
>>
>>17968112

That's actually freaking wise
>>
>>17968095
Sigils are just taking a statement of intent, condensing that statement into a symbol, usually by combining all the non-repeating letters into a nonsense glyph, and then focusing on that symbol over a period of time until you've basically forgotten what it stood for in the first place. Then you release it with some energy-releasing act (most people just jack off while visualizing the sigil, it's easiest) and then completely forget about it. Eventually your will should alter the universe in the way your statement of intent specified, hypothetically.
>>
File: mLwxKym.png (119KB, 402x564px) Image search: [Google]
mLwxKym.png
119KB, 402x564px
>>17964770
Does chaos magic count as heresy?
>>
File: image.png (502KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
502KB, 636x358px
>>17968634
Yup
>>
>>17968614
As a statement of intent it has be believed as true and written as true. "I want to find purpose" is a broken statement and will end up with you always wanting to find purpose. "I know my purpose" would be the correct statement. For this to work you also need to be an honest person, when you say things it has to have intent and meaning. I was bad about this when I started with white lies and unfulfilled commitments (I would say I would do 10 things and only have time for 3). Putting your statement of intent into a sigil creates a ritual and links a symbol to the statement and the subconscious seems to work well with symbols. Symbols and belief are very important to all religion. Annnd your intent needs a path to take. It has to be reasonable and obtainable. If you want healing you need to consider your habits. Christians say "God helps those who help themselves". Same idea. You can fire a sigil through several intense mental states.

I'm trying to work on my family. I tend to be angry and unreasonable at times. I made a sigil. "I am peaceful". I made a sacrifice of giving them each a present of time and effort each day. An hour with my daughter, chores for my wife. I've been working on the sigil a week and am going to take a solo camping trip this weekend to fire it. Most likely through meditation.
>>
>>17968738
I always think about goals like that when people talk about chaos magic as a purely psychosomatic thing. If it really is just a nerdy way to change your own mind, is it really wrong? If it works on yourself, does it still have merit?
>>
>>17968738
What are the most comon ways to "fire" the sigil?
What kind of sacrifices can I make?
>>
>>17964775
You could do the Gnostic Pentagram as a substitute. http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chaos/rites/gpr.html
>>
File: Ahriman_The_Exile2.jpg (346KB, 1058x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman_The_Exile2.jpg
346KB, 1058x1000px
This thread is very useful, thanks guys. Can you please tell me what is the best way to train focus/visualisation skills needed to activate a sigil, and what other prerequisites besides being truthfull one does need to meet in order for this to work?
>>
>>17968820
I'm a novice at this, but the basics of visualization are easy.
A classical visualization (begginer's) exercise is to visualize an apple.

Sit down, close your eyes and start imagining an apple. See it's colour, feel it's shape, see the specks on the skin.
You get the idea.
Do this often and do it with different things. Try to go farther than you initially can.

Practice often.
>>
>>17968790
You can look up the ways to fire. It's on Wikipedia.

So with chaos magic you really are making it up as you go along but I personally look at other religions. Buddhist and Shinto both leave food. You can leave food you were going to eat untouched or do something like donate some of your food to a food bank. Christians tithe so you could give money (is it 10 or 15% in the bible) to a cause. i think it needs to be you giving something that means something to you and helps if it matches the ritual and can be a ritual in itself. You can be creative with it. Try not to sacrifice any puppies or "offer" up your anxiety meds though. Don't do anything stupid.
>>
>>17968869
Taking inspiration form other religions is pretty good. I take my religious answer from the Tao Te King.
I don't have a god, I have a way.
For some reason I've never felt like a god makes sense.
>>
>>17965844
This

/pol/ is proof of higher power and you all waste your time with "rituals"
>>
What kind of ritual would I have to perform to impregnate myself?

I'm a cis male btw
>>
>>17968992
'Rituals' are a thing of daily life. We spend most of our time operating unconsciously. Doing 'rituals' helps communicate the conscious with the unconscious.
>>
>>17969010
Well I'm afraid what you ask for is way beyond my area of expertise, but for reference you can look at clinically insane people. These people experience an entirely different reality.
It's possible for you to live your dream, but, what are you willing to give up for it?
>>
>>17969017
I don't want it to be all in my head though if that's what you're getting at
>>
>>17969035
So you think that your reality isn't all in your head?
We don't see reality. We see only our minds.
>>
>>17969045
I don't, if I want something to happen I don't want it to be a simulation, especially if it would change my body like what I want. If I want such a change I want to experience it physically, not spiritually
>>
>>17969055
What you experience physically can be manipulated 'spiritually' (mentally).
I argue that no human perceives reality. We all perceive our own fiction based on reality.
If it's fiction then we can change it.
>>
>>17969067
I'm going to need someone else's help, you're starting to sound like Abraham Hicks with generic hippy dippy fluff
>>
>>17969082
Ok bro, whatever floats your boat. I'm only trying to help you fulfill your pervy kinks.
If you still haven't got it yet, the point is this
>whatever floats your boat
:) geez I'm too nice to you. You better be thankful.
>>
>>17969010
You cant, there is a limit to magic if your limiting yourself to everyones reality.
>>
>>17964908
I was able to to reduce my virgin aura by over 30%, and give myself a +5 STA bonus when jerking off left-handed.

My grimoire will of course, be filled with photos of the thickest Black Discipline, bound with the man-glue of my father after his first "deer" kill this year.

(It's called a buck, jesus.)
>>
>>17969082
You're the guy asking to become pregnant. He's only trying to help you with your unreasonable request.

Magic is using rituals and meditation to help achieve goals that you're already on the path to achieving. It's greasing the wheels but it's not changing the fundamental nature of the world.

To do what you're asking would require a complete break in reality. Since magic can only change yourself, you would require a psychotic break for your endgoal.
>>
>>17966098
I personally use Hindu god names instead of the one written in the instructions
>>
Can any of you please describe times when you had succes with chaos magic? What statements did you put into sigils that worked, and how those desires unraveled in your lives?
>>
FNORD
>>
>>17964775
Atheist here. Had the same issue with Jewish tradition, but I followed the Kabbalah Magic and the Great Work of Self Transformation for three months nevertheless. My life fucking changed.

I learned it doesn't matter what you believe. Your subconscious may regardless.

I've actually ended up making up rituals, but I think it's important to "feel" established ones first. It doesn't matter if they "speak" to you (that's your conscious mind seeking validation). Do them until your life starts changing through synchronicity and take it from there.
>>
>>17967832
Read The Octavio. Or better Liber Kaos and Liber Null (in chronological order). Or better all three (in chroniological order).

Magick in its basic form is ritual+emotion+visualization (understood as feeling it happening instead of wishing it happening).
>>
>>17970727
I've got liber null and liber chaos, but i can't find the octavio, can you please help?
>>
>>17970693
Point taken.

I'll look for a copy of that book.
>>
File: ORENDI.jpg (139KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
ORENDI.jpg
139KB, 900x507px
HEY, LOOK UP AND OPEN YOUR MOUTH SO IT'LL BAKE YOUR INTESTINES
>>
>>17970276
I've used these examples before so apologies if you've already read them. They are minor successes, but successes nonetheless.

>first sigil i ever made was the example "I have $5" sigil
>forget about after a while
>find $1 on a sink in a public bathroom
>remember sigil and jokingly think "where the fuck is the other $4?"
>walking dog about an hour later and see another $1 bill on ground
>pick up $1 and it turned out to be four $1 bills wadded up

>be me
>be me not having had a cigarette for 6 months
>alone at work at the end of a stressful day, BADLY craving cigarette for some reason
>thinking about buying a pack on my way home, smoking 1 or 2 and then throwing pack out, but know it's like playing russian roulette and i'll probably smoke the whole pack
>as all smoking quitters know, it's annoying that stores don't sell loose cigarettes when you only want 1 or 2
>start locking up office and see a fluffy looking pack of cigarettes sitting on a window sill outside
>don't-get-hopes-up.jpg
>pack is 3/4ths full of delicious cigarettes, i plan on smoking 1 and putting the rest on smoking coworker's desk (they were probably hers anyway) before leaving
>feel blessed
>go to get lighter out of backpack, which i still carried around with me
>can't find lighter
>can't find lighter
>CAN'T FIND LIGHTER
>realize I finally threw out my lighter ~2 days beforehand, thinking I would never smoke again
>feel cursed
>give up and go to put cigarettes on coworker's desk
>there is a lighter on her desk
>smoke one, it's digusting. wind up only smoking half. put cigarettes and lighter back on desk
>have not had another cigarette since (about a year now)

not sure if the cigarette one counts because i did no rituals, but it sure felt like a case of my intense desires manifesting at the time
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>17968820
Emotion and hard drugs/liquor works for me.
>>
>>17971724
I'm a snipe hunter. Habit I picked up when living on the streets: seeking out and smoking other folks' discarded, unfinished cigarettes. It's gross, but I swear, magic happens when I go snipe hunting. Today I found two full packs of brand new, unsmoked cigarettes in a place where I never look. Call me crazy or pathetic if you will, but snipe hunting is all about inviting magical things to happen in my life, and more often than not, it seems to materialize the various things (not only cigarettes) that I actually need at any given time -- sometimes in ridiculous abundance. Go figure.
>>
>>17975563
>I'm a snipe hunter.

I bet you are one of the best ones ever too! Most people don't have the mentality necessary to go on a snipe hunt more than once.
>>
Look plebes, chaos magic is the same thing as meme magic, older hypotheses we are now experiencing as the physical manifestations of collective consciousness, a spiritual singularity, an aquarian kundalini transcendence we've talked about coming for a while now. Wise anons have begun to feel it although the culture has been feeling it independently for a short while now...as it moves at the speed of meme and whatnot. I don't think it's coincidence that now is also when the "system" collapses, I think they are inversely proportional
>>
>>17975777
i'm not sure i could even explain exactly how i manifested the ferret
>>
>>17976112
You don't know what a snipe hunt is do you?
>>
>>17976134
I know of two different things called "snipe hunting" and I've done 'em both. The ferret doesn't have anything to do with the first of these.
>>
How do I manifest a girlfriend?
>>
File: oZb9ikD.jpg (621KB, 1024x1212px) Image search: [Google]
oZb9ikD.jpg
621KB, 1024x1212px
>>17965844
>checked
>>
Approaching magical practice with an open mind is possibly one of the most important
requisites to success. Keeping a Beginner's Mind is more difficult. There are no experts in
magic, it's just that some people have been doing it for longer than others. When we run into
people who are speaking (or writing) authoritatively about some aspect of magic, it's easier to
nod wisely rather than saying, "What the hell are you on about?" Or, "Could you explain this in
more detail?" Ask people questions, be naïve, seek clarification and don't hesitate to put your
own point of view across. This sounds rather obvious, but fear of asking questions and
voicing one's own opinions due to the idea that "Well I'm a beginner, so 1 don't have anything
to contribute," does tend to hold people back. In my experience, beginners often come up with
the most novel and interesting ideas for magical techniques or their application precisely
because they have not yet assimilated other people's fixed notions of what you can and
cannot do magically.
Another issue which is related to "Beginner's Mind" is that we are often reluctant to
acknowledge what we do know, and the value of our own experience, particularly in respect
to what is written in some book or other, or when we encounter those who've been doing
magic for much longer. We all have things we can offer each other. Sharing experiences may
well be something of a cliché, but its nonetheless a true one.
>>
Magic, like sexual intercourse, needs to be experienced to be fully understood. Similarly, the
first few times that one tries it, it might not live up to preconceived expectations. It might even
be a dismal failure, but that shouldn't put you off forever, right? However, the suspicion that it
is all nonsense lurks in a comer of the psyche, armed with justifications, rationalisations,excuses: all the embedded cultural programming which says that magic is superstition,
fantasy, and something that can't 'really' happen. The fact that much of what passes for
Consensus Reality is based on superstition, fantasy and things which defy rational
explanation, is neither here nor there.
>>
The surface desire for change may well not be the best point from which to work. This is
where Divination Systems such as Tarot, I Ching, Runes, Astrology, or self-created systems
can be brought in. For example, a Sorcerer is desirous of obtaining employment-getting a job
is his surface desire. However, using a divination system to examine the components of the
situation, he finds that a key element which blocks his desire is lack of confidence. So he
performs a working where improving selfconfidence is the main focus of the Enchantment.
Divination systems can also be used when examining a situation which involves other people.
It may occasionally be useful to examine one's motives for intervening in a situation involving
other people, and also looking for hidden factors which may not be immediately apparent.
>>
File: file.png (215KB, 859x742px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
215KB, 859x742px
>>
>>17970577
DRONF
>>
What are the best chaos magick books?
>>
>>17978822
This one is very good for beginners.

http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/pdfs/orchaos.pdf
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.