[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things from your childhood that still scares you today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 33

File: 4804413.jpg (90KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
4804413.jpg
90KB, 800x610px
In Norway back in the nineties we had this kid's television show called Sesam Stasjon (Sesame Station, as in railway station), it was about some muppets and a couple of humans working/living at this station, and like ten minutes of every show was dubbed shorts from Sesame Street. I'm 25 now and I still find muppets deeply unsettling. The dead eyes, huge mouths, unnatural colors, that fucking fur or felt, everything. If Maks Mekker (the big blue guy) were to jump out of my closet one dark evening I would just die of fear.

Speaking of Sesame Street. There was this one short that unsettled me deeply, and I'll never forget it. It was about this young girl thing (a princess or fairy or something) walking around in the woods and being sort of a dick, and it ends with her being turned into a monster because of her dickishness. She cried and shit with this horrifyingly shrill monster voice. She didn't even really deserve it, it was a real tragedy. If anyone recognises that narrative maybe there's a chance we can find the clip somewhere. I'd love to see it again.

ITT: Shit that scared you as a child that still scares you today.
>>
Bathrooms. I dont know why its even a fear of mine but it stuck with me all these years
>>
>>17963909
What do you fear about them? That something will happen to you while you're in one?

I can see that though. Lots of scary stuff in bathrooms. Shower curtains, small windows, mirrors, the space under the tub, the hard floor.
>>
I registered on a Forum for supernatural shit when I was like 12.
I became super fucking interested in greys and UFOs and shit, also I discovered 4chan back then and started lurking.

So I read up on this shit and get paranoid as fuck (cause I am a stupid ass child) and can't sleep anymore because I'm so scared of aliens abducting me.

So one night I had Sleep Paralysis, which is a condition that is absolutely unexplainable and fucking horryfing for a child.
And now guess what I hallucinated while in paralysis.

A bunch of fucking greys abducting me.

Man, I was fucking scarred til I was like 15 and found out what Sleep Paralysis was.
>>
File: 1441301204188.jpg (205KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1441301204188.jpg
205KB, 708x1000px
>>17964010
I had sleep paralysis from the age of 17 to 20 and I saw shadow people almost every time. Always terrifying.
>>
I grew up in 2 different haunted houses, both were extremely active and every single person in my family and almost all of our guests who stayed over had some kind of first hand encounter.

I can't really point out one specific thing that takes the cake.. but I will say that being a small child in a home filled with borderline poltergeist activity was not fun at all. Especially when you're in a family that can't afford to pack up and run away. You just have to stick it out. I'm currently typing this in the second house and shit is still happening to me.
>>
>>17963997
Not that guy, but I can't sit on a countertop or take a bath sitting/lying down without an overwhelming sense of dread. For me it's because I was molested in a bathtub, specifically on a countertop and in a bathtub, but yeah.
>>
>>17963863
Couldn't find your monster girl short.

Did discover that Sesame Street was weirder than I remembered.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/SesameStreet
>>
>>17964068
Yet here you are still alive.
>>
>>17964256
Give stories please
>>
>>17963909
I also am afraid of bathrooms... or, well, toilets. I get stressed /anxious every time i use a public toilet, porta potties absolutely break my mind and i cannot sit on any form of porta loo or bush toilet where it goes down into any dark hole. Apart from those, i manage to use one without being a twat... but inside. .. gah!

Black toilet seats, silver metal toilets, ones with the visible black rubber around the pipes.... euck.

I have no idea why, but it "affects" me every time i need to use one - sometimes even if i fo into a bathroom juat to wash my hands.

Ahit, stupidly long rant, sorry.

Also shithouse spelling because phone & lazy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AayAikgDCas
>>
>>17964897
>I also am afraid of bathrooms... or, well, toilets.
Do you happen to just be Indian?
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
The demons from the snes game lagoon, I have no clue why but they still creep me out to this day....
>>
Aliums.

And Feathers McGraw.
>>
>>17963863
Best bait thread. You win my respect.
>>
>>17964528
Why would you say that?
>>
File: latest.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
Yip yip yip
>>
>>17963909
Pajeet?
>>
>>17965476
kek
>>
I a was fucking retarded kid for reading spooky stuff. I was afraid that there were beings behind the bathroom curtain in the house
>>
>>17964263
From as far back as I remember I can't take a bath (showers are fine) without being scared. If I put my head under the water I freeze and can't pull it back out. I've only once gotten back up on my own and it was when i was 18ish. No idea why.
>>
File: 1458303915194.jpg (92KB, 790x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458303915194.jpg
92KB, 790x960px
>>17963863
When I was a kid I watched sesame Street and I would also sneak and watch horror movies even though they terrified me. One night I watch Day of the Dead. The ending where the zombies get in and rip people apart fucked me up. For years I had recurring nightmares about being torn open by Muppets while I was still alive.
>>
File: 16649022.jpg (2MB, 1800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
16649022.jpg
2MB, 1800x2400px
>>17963863
Sleeping in a dark room,having my limbs off the bed afraid something will take them,or just getting straight up murdered in my sleep.

Spiders.

That movie IT and Cat's Eye.

Dark water I can't see the bottom of.

There are others but I can't really think of them off the top of my head.
>>
>>17963863
Har du spurt Norgetraaden på /int/?
Kanskje de kukhodene vet.
>>
Take a load of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKbkklnV5wI
>>
>>17966518
jesus fuck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt2fueiQxCY
>>
>>17966652
Jiminy fucking Christmas
>>
File: hr-pufnstuf.jpg (30KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
hr-pufnstuf.jpg
30KB, 612x380px
>>17963863
Just be glad you didn't have to grow up with this shit.
>>
File: hr.jpg (251KB, 495x485px)
hr.jpg
251KB, 495x485px
>>17966726
Here is the intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5e9yCB-hiw
>>
a commercial probably from around the time "Batman Forever: This time it's Val Kilmer"

a television gets pushed out of an apartment window and it had the Riddler mark on it. Totally freaked me out but I was a wee little lad.
>>
>>17964797
Okay, I'll give a few. Not going to greentext.

Growing up in this house I have always, always, always seen shadow people. I'm the only one. Other family members and family friends have seen fully detailed apparitions of human beings but I only see shadow people.

One of the most intense examples was when I had a shadowperson in my bedroom with me.. and it didn't dissipate. Most stories seem to be of people just catching a glance of a shadow person and then its gone.. this one stayed for about 30 minutes. It seemed as though it was studying me (although I have no clue what direction it was looking at, it could have been facing away from me). I studied it and it studied me. I wasn't scared.. I was interested. Then I lost my interest and went about my business but it still stayed. Near the end of the visit I verbally told it that it was annoying me and that I had work to do and then it dissipated before my eyes.

I have never seen another shadowperson in my bedroom since. They seem to roam our halls and I've seen them phase through the doors of other rooms while people were asleep.

I don't think they are bad. I've never got a negative vibe from them. They just seem like they are searching for something.. curious, interested in us. Maybe even bored.
>>
>>17963863
People in Norway are so good at Engrish
>>
>>17964797
pt 2.

Strangers always feel uncomfortable at our house. Many of my friends refuse to stay over, even if they're completely shitfaced. They say it's because the house scares them. When they are all alone downstairs in the darkness trying to sleep they feel things touching them, they hear voices whispering to them, they hear footsteps going up and down the stairs. This even occurs when more than one person is in the room with them trying to sleep.

Most recently my cousin came to visit with her children and her husband. They stayed in our family room for a week. They complained about the strange events occurring to them and on the last day they were here my cousin's husband woke up with a single scratch from the top of his back to the bottom. It was deep enough that it drew blood.

It doesn't surprise me though. They have a negative perception of spirits. From my experience in this house, it is what you make of it. If you are fearful or hateful towards them, they will treat you the same. If you are respectful and kind, they will reciprocate.
>>
>>17964797
pt. 3

We have had mediums and native americans and even priests in the home over the years. There are always people coming and going from our home because my parents were always willing to lend a helping hand to those in need. Imagine Forrest Gump's home down in Alabama with all the people staying over.. that's how I grew up.

The Christian/Catholic holy men have the same reaction as my cousins.. negative, they can't stand to be here. It's like something is putting pressure on them. The mediums and natives seem to be more neutral and they have told us in the past that our home is built on the site of a "vortex", some kind of trans-dimensional portal. Think of Skinwalker Ranch but contained within the home.

I believe it. Every person who comes through this house believes it, even if they won't admit to it. I've seen hardcore atheists who will proudly declare that spirits do not exist running to get from point a to point b in the darkness of this house. They say they feel like something is on their heels, following them, chasing them, watching them.

I believe that our home is a meeting place. I think it is because our family allows so many different people to come here and stay that maybe the intention passes over to the other side (whatever that may be) and spirits view this space as a neutral ground where they can stay.

I tell them that I am fine with them being here so long as they respect us. I have never had any issues with negative forces here in this location. The ones who do are the ones who are themselves disrespectful to the spirits, and to them I say good riddance. They deserve what they get because the idea that respect is a two-way street exists in every plane of existence.

I could go on and on and on. There are thousands of stories. I just wanted to give you folks a general overview of our property and the kind of stuff that happens here. If you want more details feel free to ask.

We live in Orange County, California by the way.
>>
There was this movie I think on Disney about some kid almost living inside this monster's stomach.
Also, the Kennen and Kel episode where they put this purple thing inside a pot of water.

I can't find either of these things on google.
>>
I'm still looking for a muppet like show where said puppets come to a haunted house and meet two ghost muppets, a lady and a Lord, it scared the shit out of me.
I don't remember the name or any more details, but I found some posts where people search for the same show. And no it's not that ghost of foster hall or whatever it's called. :/
>>
File: The_Skeksis.png (2MB, 1080x753px) Image search: [Google]
The_Skeksis.png
2MB, 1080x753px
Fuckin' muppets...
>>
The original Gumby animations, The Gumby Show (1957–1968), were pretty spooky and weird.

It was an old show but they used to air it on the Australian ABC in the late eighties early ninties(I think). I was only about 3-4 at the time. I am aware they made a reboot around that time but I clearly remember the originals.

Still recall having unnerving dreams related to these two episodes in particular.

There is just something about the innocent enthusiasm of Gumby matched with weird trippy stuff happening to him, plus the general uncanny quality of crude stop motion clay .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt87rvCPViQ S1E1 Moon Trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUHyZt_NY7k Gumby - S1 Ep 2 - Mirrorland

oh and this one.
>>
>>17963863
I remember that i used to watch this show as a kid where these puppets lived on like a volcano island or something, and occasionaly the screen would go black and one of the puppets would slowly rise up from the bottom of the screen. They would say something, but I cant remember what. Those parts had me so scared i couldn't move. I cant find anything about it.
>>
>>17966923
these were supposed to be scary, anon.
>>
>>17966791
Thank you for sharing. And feel free to share more.
>>
File: gXETi.gif (997KB, 475x202px) Image search: [Google]
gXETi.gif
997KB, 475x202px
These little fuckers right here and the trash lady later on in the movie.

They still raise the hair on the back of my neck. I leave my closet completely open so they can't hide in there.
>>
Glad i don't seem to be the only one afraid of bathrooms/toilets in this thread... Have had nightmares about it for as long as i can remember, especially toilets. I remember my little sister used to put bathtoys in the toilet when we were little (4-6yrs old), and i always had to get them out and wash them thoroughly afterwards, because she was a fucking retard and didn't know what germs were... I still have nightmares about things dissapearing down giant toilets. As a kid i always imagined a toilet being some kind of vortex into another dimension, and whatever got flushed down just disappeared into the deep dark infine universe or some stupid shit like that.
I also lost my precious Sailor Moon ring down a toilet, traumatized me for fucking years.
>>
File: fester.jpg (162KB, 467x640px) Image search: [Google]
fester.jpg
162KB, 467x640px
This arcade machine. Couldn't enter an arcade if i saw it, still scared.
>>
File: bernie.png (1MB, 1008x710px) Image search: [Google]
bernie.png
1MB, 1008x710px
>>17966518
Bernie Sanders
>>
File: abstract_hell.jpg (372KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
abstract_hell.jpg
372KB, 854x859px
>>17964897
Me too, exposed plumbing scares me too
>I'm an adult and I can't go in a portapotty or a black seated toilet
>Fucking automatic flushers make me sweat and shake i hate them
I've pissed outside in bushes to avoid bathrooms before
>>
>>17964010
>>17964068
as an adult it still scares the shit outta me, I haven't had it in over a year. It fascinates me and scares me all at the same time.
>>
>>17963909
>Bathrooms. I dont know why its even a fear of mine but it stuck with me all these years
how do u urinate/defecate if you are afraid of bathrooms?
>>
>>17966518
Was this supposed to depict how teenagers were the majority of voters for sanders? and that final scene with sanders... it seemed like they made him out to be a scummy looking guy..
>>
>>17968779
>Curso de galego: ¿Imos aló? (1989)
>(1989)
I don't think it has anything to do with Sanders.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 468x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 468x305px
Still can't play this game today without cringing. I was so scared by this part of the game that my mom had to hide the physical game cartridge from me since it triggered me when I was little.
>>
>>17964068
When I have sleep paralysis I dont see shadow people but I see growths on the walls. They allways try to reach for my eyes.
>>
>>17966726
As a child I confused this, Lidsville and the old McDonalds characters.

Fuck You Sid AND Marty Krofft!
>>
>>17963863
I remember a Noggin commercial where a face that took up the whole screen started talking. Scariest shit I've ever seen as a kid. Could someone find that, I want to relive the nightmare.
>>
>>17971666
Would this be it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaXIL8QMDzU
>>
File: gfs_86118_2_9.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_86118_2_9.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>17968827
This game gave me the heebie jeebies.
>>
This one episode from Camp Candy where they kept shoving stuff back and forth in the audience's face and repeating something while doing it. I think it was like a spoof, like hurr we're 3D now or something. Gave me nightmares for some reason.
>>
File: Only Good Bug Is a Dead Bug.jpg (284KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Only Good Bug Is a Dead Bug.jpg
284KB, 1600x900px
I ended up watching Starship Troopers on VHS when I was 11 (at the time of the VHS release anyway) and I had nightmares about fucking warrior bugs FOR YEARS.

Still have them every so often now, but at 29 years old my dreams usually then turn into me being a 1 man Xcom operation.
>>
>>17967033
The Moon Trip, every fucking time.
>>
File: image%3A46035.png (373KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A46035.png
373KB, 704x528px
This fucker , gave me nightmare for years..
>>
File: willow-troll.png (475KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
willow-troll.png
475KB, 1280x544px
The fucking trolls from Willow were one of the few things to actively scare me as a kid. I had nightmares about them that I still have occasionally.

>>17965459
These always creeped me out too man, all of my friends thought they were great
>>17966923
I loved the Skeksis as a kid, I thought they were cute, like vultures.
>>
Sesam stasjon wasn't scary at all compared to earlier norwegian children TV
>>
>>17968750

I just had it that one time.

M-maybe I was really abducted
>>
>>17971694
loved this game but yeah, for some reason could never play it alone. always got a strange feeling from it. i think maybe the fact that you're always alone? there's never any other babies or humans to talk to, it's just you running around in paris. idk man
>>
this fuckin episode of jonny quest still haunts me to this day, nearly 20 years after first seeing it
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Childish, basic, classic, whatever.

Back in my day where I would non-stop play the shit out of Pokemon Red.

This shit, ghost, and Rocket Trainer used to bug the fuck outta me to the point where I thought Rocket or Ghost was stalking me in dark places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8xTAH6nYlM

I got over it quickly, but I vividly remember this shit haunting my childhood
>>
Car alarms, because of a robber when I was about 8. Also, the Emergency Alert System.
>>
File: tumblr_mltimbXjG31ql6dbio1_1280.jpg (76KB, 805x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mltimbXjG31ql6dbio1_1280.jpg
76KB, 805x1000px
>>
File: 1469679428888-1.jpg (199KB, 621x541px) Image search: [Google]
1469679428888-1.jpg
199KB, 621x541px
>>
I don't even know if it's a movie or just a dream. But there was something I saw about a dying or hospitalized girl, and she climbed up a spiral pathway. And then it switched to her appearing from the bark of a tree, by opening her eyes.
>>
>>17972873
up the spiral pathway to a full moon*

fuck
>>
>>17972825
Imagine him choking the life out of you with his cupholder hands.
>>
I've always had an issue with moving faces where faces shouldn't be, and the first time I was subjected to this horror was me playing through Final Fantasy 7. At this one part of the game you're taking your party through an ancient corridor that some rival tribe used to invade through, now a haunted graveyard full of living dead. At the end of this area is a boss encounter that I think put this fear in me in the first place, because it scared the hell out of me.

https://youtu.be/gzKFaIYT-Ds?t=258
>>
File: images (9).jpg (25KB, 263x559px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
25KB, 263x559px
Humphry B bear
>>
>>17971715
>Camp Candy

Holy shit, I haven't thought about that show in many, many years. Saturday morning cartoons were pretty great, it's a shame they're not around anymore.
>>
>the bert and ernie segment when they explored the pyramid
>the jukebox band from shining time station
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 640x500px
>>17963863
Fucking Oso Willy from an old theme park there used to be in my country. The bastard doesn't even look like a bear.

He doesn't really scare me anymore though, kind of makes me laugh
>>
>>17963863

my sister's doll collection. she has this massive cabinet full of dolls she's collected since she was a kid.

All with unmoving, emotionless faces, eyes glossed over

at any fucking second I am expecting one of them to move and I can't handle it
>>
Anyone /Round the Twist/ here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPxJ6RR40ZU

As an aussie kid watching the abc in the mid to late 90s this could be some spoopy shit.

There was one episode where an assortment of haunted clown clothes animate a scarecrow.

Initially changing posture and positions when their back is turned, finally once challenged it started chasing after Linda in a clownish fashion, while squawking, truly horrifying.

What made it worse was the pensive brassy build up.

vid related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n386Dheu7l0
>>
>>17973994
holy mother of god that shit is creepy af
>>
>>17974014
Did you ever read the Paul Jennings books Round the Twist was based on? Some of those stories were quite creepy.

My personal childhood mindfuck was The Dark Crystal. I still can't watch it without freaking out.
>>
File: It's_my_day!.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
It's_my_day!.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASnh7_zSimU

just fuck my childhood up senpai
>>
>>17964068
I do this too. It fucks with me hard tgough because my childhood home actually had a multitude of shadow people in it that everyone would see regularly.
That house was haunted as fuck. Crazy shit was constantly happening.

Due to this upbringing i cant stand to be alone in a house and i partuculary hate bigger houses with lots of corners and rooms and shit. New or old.
>>
>>17964256
Fuck anon you sound exactly like me.
>family moves into older known problem house
>cant find stable work
>Recession hits
Stuck.

All the while we lived in fear every fucking day in that piece of shit.
I was even attacked a couple times

Previous owners were satanists and meth junkies. Why my patents choose that piece of shit house, i will never know.
>>
File: EC Lift Off.gif (949KB, 400x312px) Image search: [Google]
EC Lift Off.gif
949KB, 400x312px
>>17974140
>Did you ever read the Paul Jennings books Round the Twist was based on?
p sure I read Amazing Gizmo a bit of an unreal story compliation plus the cabbage patch books but I seem to have wiped it from my memory.

>tfw no Linda Judofu without my pants

I have been trawling some 90s nostalgia sights and had totally forgotten that the show Lift Off and the creepy ass doll EC existed.
>>
>>17974306
nostalgia sites*
>>
>>17964010
wasn't a hallucination annon
>>
>>17964010
>Sleep Paralysis
Lana Rain...I wonder if being a camgirl and performing live sex rituals brings on the ol' Demons...
>>
>>17963909
I had that fear be of the shining when I was 8 bc my cousin was a bit older than me and sadistic.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
>>17966518
DUUUURRRRRRRRR

Sorry, had to get that out.
>>
>>17964897
You can just squat over the opening of a portable toilet for maximum jump out if the way ability, you know that right
>>
File: ayaotd - dead man's float.jpg (21KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ayaotd - dead man's float.jpg
21KB, 600x400px
>>17963863
>CTRL+F "candle cove"
>no results
Huh. Alright.

This also, and a good bit of The X-Files. Somehow I ended up watching when I was younger, and I got this a bit mixed up with that episode where an Army vet lost his limbs and one woman was drowned in a pool by seemingly nothing.

It made both episodes really creepy for me now.
>>
>>17971694
Oh gawd! The stick people that chuckie had to fight gave me nightmares! The only way I could play it was if I had the TV blasting or if someone was in the room with me.
>>
>>17974145
thats actually kind of fucked dude.
>>
this fucking scene in rugrats
>>
>>17967201
they're cute
>>
>>17965002
White Australian
>>
>>17974972
YOU CANT JUST LEAVE YOURSELF OPEN LIKE THAT! THE DARKNESS WILL GET MY VAGOO
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.