[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Might know what happens after death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 12

File: pulpfiction00002 (1).png (51KB, 280x158px) Image search: [Google]
pulpfiction00002 (1).png
51KB, 280x158px
Today i fucked up. Well actually a few weeks ago i fucked up. Me and all my infinate wisdome decided it would be smart to keep my carry pistol chambered with the safety on (this isn't a /k/ story) so in the event of needing its use i'd meerly need to click the safety off, pull back the hammer and fire. All the while stupidly thinking since the safety was engaged that it couldn't fire the chambered round. This morning as i went to grab my trusty side arm, I slipped, dropped my pistol and it landed directly on the hammer, which wasn't cocked. This fired the round in the chamber. The way it landed on the hammer and the angle in which it hit had the gun pointed straight the fuck at my face, i was looking straight down the barrel, i saw the flash. I closed my eyes and lunged back (even though this would have been way too late) and yet the round somehow fired into THE FUCKING FLOOR! I should be fucking dead, and im not. I dont really care if anyone believes me or not, but this is just unsettling for me. Thoughts?
>>
I suppose what im getting at is i am so certain this should have killed me dead as fuck that i did die. And my consiousness merely moved on to another me in a different universe where the bullet went in another direction. I dont know, but i looked down a fucking gunbarrel as a bullet should have neen coming out and into my fucking face, but it went 180 degrees in the other direction. I swear i can feel where the bullet should have passed through my head. the right eye, straight through the back of my brains.
>>
>>17960904
During stumbles the brain is shut off for a temporary time frame. You did in fact experience death. You have survived schroeder's cat. In this timeline you are alive. In another? Your atoms are scattered back to the environment waiting for a chance to be alive again.
>>
File: 20160726_215859.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160726_215859.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
The hole in the floor
>>
>>17960962
Ugh, clean your fucking carpets, slob.
>>
>>17960954
Its as what i feared, theres just no way, if anyone could have seen it from my view, i cod have possibly survived that. It just couldnt happen. Im not a physical science expert, so maube theres another explanation? Considering i saw the muzzle flash i just dont see how the gun could have possibly spun to face the exact opposite direction if myself before the bullet exited the barrel.
>>
Thanks for sharing the story OP
>>
Had a similiar thing happen when I was learning to ride a bike, as I was barely holding myself on the bike, I was riding straight into a barely open gate. I closed my eyes getting ready for impact out of fear, opened them and I was behind it. Either I opened the gate with the wheel and didnt feel it or something happened. Except for that, I never really experienced anything like this or I don't remember anymore.
>>
sorry for shit spelling, im on a phone and ive never been that bright, if you couldnt tell by the story.
>>
>>17961000
I have heard of this theory before, that we are all immortal from our own viewpoint. Get in a car accident and a tree limb takes your head off in one reality, but you wake up in another almost identical reality where the tree limb just misses you. People appear to die around you in your reality, but they go on living in theirs indefinitely. Maybe we are all fated to experience technological immortality in our universes.
>>
>>17961035
does this theory have a name? im interested on reading more
>>
>>17961035
I wonder how that would work if you were one of those guys jumping from the windows in the 9/11 attack
>>
>>17961017
This isnt my first experiance like this. This is the first one where I am as certain as I am that i should be absolutly dead, but i hit a deer going about 70mph in a 1991 shitbox vw and nothing happened. Also was texting and driving like a dumbshit (yet again) and started to jump the curb off the rd straight towards water but closed my eyes and next thing i know i was headed straight on the rd again. Rolled a different car several years ago in an accident worse than one that killed my friend. Ive either got 9 lives or the greatest luck any retard like me could possibly have.
>>
>>17961035
This is very interesting to me by this point. But what happens when we are a hundred and its just time to go? It almost makes sense untill that point.
>>
>>17961046
Yeah, It's called parallel universe theory and is actually one of the more credible theories in physics just now. Am physicist, and could elaborate but you might not understand fully.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality

Is this it? quantum immortality? Quantum seems to be the magic excuse for everything these days, I don't like it
>>
>>17961071

maybe that's when you drift off to sleep and have a very vivid dream that you are a young man again. then you wake up as your young self...from the most vivid dream of being 100 years old.

>deja vu
>>
>>17961071
That's when the technology allows to achieve immortality, and you just keep going on until the heat death of the universe. Perhaps in earlier times people achieved magical immortality for themselves.
>>
>>17961078
It this tha same thing, or related to the spiderweb theory where there are thousands of different universes based on choices we do or dont make?
>>
>>17961093
Yes, I think that's the theory. Quantum physics is the excuse for everything these days because we are discovering that reality is far stranger than we could have ever imagined. Of course, maybe its just weird for you experiencing it in my universe, reality for you could be much simpler or or more complex for you in your universe.
>>
>>17961112
Could be. Possibly the same for slow deaths. It seems so much easier to believe for shit like what gappened to me or a car wreck where its so fast, but what abput terminal cancer, or being tourchered to death?
>>
>>17961126
Yeah, but it is based on the results of quantum theory (namely superposition and the HUP). Want me to elaborate?
>>
>>17961093
>>17961126
Yeah it's basically this. Many-worlds is a respected theory, but the whole suicide shit isn't really taken seriously.
>>
All this makes me wonder, does closing your eyes make a difference?
>>
>>17961151

what about keeping them wide opened?
>>
the shock wave from
The bullet sent the gun in a different direction. You thought is was pointed at you, so your brain took that to be true. Remember all this happend in a fraction of a second. What you see isn't always what was
>>
>>17961201
No damnit, OP is immortal, and he needs to prove it to himself by taking one to the brain stem in this thread! Now be quiet before you ruin it.
>>
One thing that bothers me from reading this is lots of people survived gun shots even to the head, and considering all the likely outcomes, why would you get the most pleasing one where you are non brain damaged, not even bruised by the bullet in the cheek or in the shoulder by some recoil scenario.
Maybe your brain in the moment of panic simply distorted the information it was given or your short term memory is playing tricks on you? I understand your arguments about your prior accidents, but if you have ever seen that one video of a guy passing out in front of the wheel and the car driving off road, you could explain it the same way.
Anyhow, I know being lucky is a poor explanation.
>>
>>17961223
Seriously OP, put the gun in your mouth, pull the trigger, and it will go *click*. Keep doing it and something will stop you from directly experiencing death each time, while leaving a trail of your dead bodies strewn across different realities. Go on, do it, it'll be cool.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyHjMr6XJwc
>>
>>17960904
>>17960937
>>17960962
I honestly have no way to explain that.

But why did you get a Skip? When gun accident can still result in death for someone else?

>>17961035
fugg. I feel lonely now
>>
>>17961223
>>17961254
And wouldn't that result in OP jumping to another dimension while we here we never hear from him again

And the people he tells are not us
>>
Quantum immortality
>>
>>17960904
Thank MIB MIJ and EUE.
I was there 4 u buddy.
>>
>>17961254
And live stream it so we can know you aren't a fake.
>>
Whatever you do, don't watch Jacob's Ladder
>>
>>17961035
Would this apply to animals as well?
Strange.
>>
Miracle.
I had a kenworth t800 fall off of two jacks and pin me under it while also crushing all four fingers on my left hand.

They were fucked.

By the time I left the ER, my hand had regained it's shape and the doctor could not find a single broken bone.

There's no rational or logical explanation for this.

It is what it is.

Be grateful.
>>
>>17961237
Im not really arguong anything. Just sharing other possible type scenarios. None of the otber ones were quite as certain as the most recent.
>>
>>17961456
For my own sanity this is what im gonna go with. I spent all day convinced I really am dead and everything im seeing and experiancing are my final moments. Ive heard from a few folks the urban legend about how dmt is released when you die, and i know how hallucinagines distort time. Maybe im imagining everything and the dmt is giving me one more normal day and once i go to sleep i will really be dead.
>>
>>17960937
Welkomen! You've retained conscious memory of line jumping.
>>
>>17961339
No u. Ive had enough of that shit for a lifetime. But ill gladly watch yo ass demonstrate.
>>
>>17961485
It's no urban legend.

Dmt is also released while you sleep.
>>
>>17961291
>But why did you get a Skip? When gun accident can still result in death for someone else?
In the dimension/world/timeline/whatever that he was in at the time, he did die. He's saying that when we die in our current dimension, our consciousness simply transfers to another version of us in another dimension.

I've wondered this before myself. I was in a car accident that I was seriously injured in, but it was honestly a miracle that I didn't die, and I've wondered if there is a version of the universe where I did die in that accident.

Idk....I'm not into most of the paranormal shit people talk about on here because a lot of it is either easy to debunk or just plain silly, but I am very open minded and I could see this being a possibility for what happens when we die.

My theory though was that when we die our consciousness actually just disperses until the universe dies and is reborn and the exact same energy/particles come together in the exact same way again to re-form our consciousness, and we are sort of reincarnated.
>>
>>17961497
I know that.

But I haven't had a skip? How come I'm in his universe? And not in the one where he died?

Did I die in my sleep? And not remember I had a skip?

Because surely if I'm real. And OP skipped.

I shouldent be able to read this thread
>>
>>17961510
What? I don't think you understand the concept. There are numerous (or infinite) universes and you are just experiencing this one right now, and when you die your consciousness will just jump to another one and you'll never know you died.

>How come I'm in his universe?

This isn't "his" universe, it's just the one his consciousness ended up in after his death in the other one.

>And not in the one where he died?

You are, but from your perspective you just aren't experiencing that one right now
>>
>>17961524
Oh ok. I get it

I never want to try this theory out though
>>
>>17961540
We all do sooner or later, dude.

Nobody is exempt from death.
>>
>>17961568
Fuckin A
>>
>>17961201
Obviously this must have been what happened, but the gun had to be moving faster than the bullet after the point of ignition for that to happen, which is absolutly insane, but i suppose more plausable than alternate realities.
>>
>>17961488
Is there like a welcome pamphlet or something?
>>
>>17961524

Our universe is way better anyway!

I know cuz I'm in it! ;^}
>>
>>17960904
Could the bullet have ricocheted off something above you then made an indentation on the floor?
>>
>>17961485
I don't feel like a hallucination in someone else's mind.
>>
>>17961298
Not necessarily, this could be the universe he survives in and the other he dies. There's a problem thinking like that, if you shoot at yourself there's tons of things that could happen.
>The gun could misfire
>The gun could miss
>Could be shot and not die
>A fucking bird could fly down and get shot instead.
>Anon could be about to pull the trigger then gets a call
Etc. etc.
>>
>>17961694
Its not an indentation, its a fucking hole. The type of round the pistol is chambered in is well known for penetration. It can go through any pistol rated body armor. 7.62x25
>>
>>17961694
Also above me is plaster and then sky.
>>
File: 1469505460642.jpg (45KB, 367x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469505460642.jpg
45KB, 367x360px
You're now all equipped to understand exactly where you are in multi-dimensional space-time in relation to my coordinates. I'm building what could be considered a straight path, bending probability (considered a tier 16 feat and we're still in tier fucking 2 because I'm taking my sweet fucking time) to support direct communication as your own central fictional selves. You may not be as OP as me but you should be finding this boost pretty nice. Guaranteed tier 10 abilities. Our current opponents will no longer be an issue for any of you. Go ham.
>>
Yeah but what happens to the version of you that gets replaced? You merge with your new conscioucness and neither realizes it? Checkmate, atheists.
>>
what made you want to walk around with a bullet chambered anyway? it was fear. fear is a sin.
the angels intervened because there's something you haven't done yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 633x690px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 633x690px
>>17960904
>>
>people roleplaying ZTD shit

cool
>>
File: 250px-Umind0002[1].jpg (56KB, 250x365px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Umind0002[1].jpg
56KB, 250x365px
To me reality is a total simulation. I've had numerous occasions when people have come up to me and told me I was rude for not saying hi or acknowledging them. They said I walked right past them and said nothing. The strange thing is that I never saw these people at all but they saw me.

To me, reality works like a webcrawler. You experience things, you leave things lying around in your house and they never move, they're indexed like in a search engine but sometimes there's bugs in our system. Matter is always bouncing around going nuts though. It doesn't make sense for things to stay stationary like they do in real life.

In fact, we're probably nothing but bots feeding off each other on a quantum level so that the quantum kingdom can sort all our informations out and create new lifeforms, inventions, etc.
>>
File: 1469596800345.jpg (59KB, 535x533px) Image search: [Google]
1469596800345.jpg
59KB, 535x533px
>>17961035
This is why near death experiences are so harrowing on a core level. The more tangible the close call the more it shakes you from the inside out. Even if its not a super palpable experience you feel the thread of it deep inside. That's my opinion
>>
>>17961700
Unless you're just a butterfly imaging what it's like to be a human
>>
>>17961237
Could be possible that the people able to talk here are the ones who got lucky, recieving no brain injury, while the people who weren't so lucky are unable to type, let alone browse /x/. There are billions of people in the world, it's not so unlikely.
>>
>>17961488
Holy shit, are we in Steins;Gate?

Are you Daru?
>>
>>17961035
this is an interesting idea but what about old age? at some point regardless of universe your life will have to end
>>
File: doc_by_michaellam-d75296w.jpg (181KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
doc_by_michaellam-d75296w.jpg
181KB, 1024x576px
>>17962018
Ever seen Samurai Flamenco? Basically, I reached Nirvana and now humanity as a Team Gurren Lagann gets to play the content creation game of games as we pierce the heavens with my omnipotent drill

Last time I played this game I created the universe. This time, the ante is going up tenfold. I don't know wtf is going to happen but you can expect it to be some grandiose, magical shit if I'm inputting 10x the effort that was used to create the fucking multiverse
>>
>>17960962
No powder burn
Was it a spud gun?
>>
>>17962229
CSI isnt real life. The carpet fibers are melted together at points. This isnt the first time ive ever shot anything, i get out to a couple makeshift ranges and target practice, and even at point blank range ive never seen a "powder burn". Pretty sure you need regular black powder for that.
>>
>>17961863
Id say fear is the motivator for carrying at all, keeping it chambered was sheer stupididy. I know better than that, ive always known never to do that retarded shit, and yet i decided i knew better thsn everyone who tried to teach me proper safety, because "I was in control". Obviously not.
>>
>>17961061
desu, if i were you i would hope the universe itsn't just keeping a tab on me. Payday would be a bitch ;)
>>
>>17960904
What type of gun was it because this is sounding like bullshit
>>
>>17962994
No. But you would need something that gives a muzzle flash long enough to heat the fibres up enough, and powder dirty enough to leave a residue.
Oh. Rereading this. Okay. Black powder would do :D
>>
Dunno if this has been suggested, but the recocking of the firearm's slide and the force of the bullet behaving in line with Newton's laws could have spun the pistol around before the bullet left the barrel. Quantum immortality is equally as likely, regardless you're lucky af OP.
>>
OP is full of shit unless he's using an old ass gun.

>keep one chambered so all i have to do is cock the hammer and fire

yeah bullshit
>>
>>17963146
Its hard to see from the pictured, but there was slight blackening on a couple of the fiber strands off to the right.
>>
>>17963227
whats your logic? So if a handgun with a hammer that has a round in the chamber, and the hammer is pulled back and released, which pushes the firing pin into the primer, the round wouldnt go off because....?
>>
>>17963143
I dont really care if you believe me or not, but for the record it is a cz-52. The czech version of the tokarev.
>>
>>17963227
And it was built in 1954, not sure if thats enough to appease your wisdom. Hopefully your right and that couldnt have happened and im just imagining shit. Please o wise one bestow your fucking knowledge upon me
>>
>>17960904
Neat, so you've slipped as well.

It happens to a lot of people, and there really isn't a rhyme or reason for it. Some people believe it to be a skill, some people believe it to be a call from a higher power. Myself, I see it as a reverberation of a previous, most likely unrelated action that resulted in this outcome. Aka, the outcome of that action eventually trickled down to your previous state of "Death/Non Death" that you were able to "slip between the options" It's a very lucky thing, I hope you've learned something from your previous experience, just mind your steps from now on, lest the Reaper sounds his horn.
>>
>>17963259
>>17963261
>>17963269
The CZ 52's operating controls consist of a single-action trigger, an external hammer, a magazine catch located at the heel of the grip frame, and a combination de-cock/safety lever located on the left rear side of the receiver aft of the left grip panel. The manual safety blocks movement of the sear, which prevents the hammer from releasing and firing a round. A second safety, in the form of a spring-loaded firing pin block, prevents the pistol from firing unless the trigger is pulled fully to the rear; this feature renders the pistol "drop safe".

So why are you carrying a broken gun?
>>
>>17961035
deep
>>
File: b19[1].jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
b19[1].jpg
51KB, 600x600px
/k/ here, let me tell you why OP is either pulling your leg, or is a retard that can't be trusted with relaying an accurate story and why none of you should believe him.

OP said his pistol was in 7.62x25, that leaves pretty much two options for a pistol. Some Tokarev (or clone) or a CZ52. Assuming it was a Tokarev,most of the imports have safeties that are not reliable. The Tokarev is a single action pistol, meaning that it needs to be cocked in order to fire. However, every Tokarev owner knows that Tokarevs (other than the M57) don't have a firing pin block. So, any real gun owner would know that if you wanted to carry a Tokarev with any modicum of safety, you either cock it a and leave the safety on, or you keep nothing in the chamber and simply rack the slide when you need to fire. This means that this would never happen to any real gun owner with two firing neurons.

If OP didn't know any of this, then he is likely just a retard and his story should be discredited entirely.
>>
>>17963277
Obviously i didnt know it was broken. Asshole. I got it used for $120 bucks.
>>
>>17963288
The gun didnt come with a fucking manual. Thanks for being a fuckin jerk though.
>>
>>17963288

It should also be noted that the reason I don't mention the CZ-52, is because THIS WOULDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN WITH A CZ-52.
>>17963277
Is completely correct. I also highly doubt that his CZ-52 broke, especially a piece like the firing pin block.

I think a likelier story is that OP ND'd into his floor and is just trying to roleplay for /x/.
>>
>>17963289
So hostile, but you're obviously a retard who doesn't know anything about the firearm he's carrying as >>17963288 pointed out, too bad it didn't take you out. We don't need people like you carrying a gun
>>
>>17963289
It wasn't broken, you are just a retard.
>>17963292
The vast majority of human knowledge is contained on the internet, you would think a moron capable of stringing a few words together would be able to look up the CZ-52 and know how to use it without ND'ing into his floor. You should give up your guns before you hurt yourself or those around you.
>>
File: 20160727_112353.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160727_112353.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
so this isnt a cz-52? Cuz i dropped it and it went off. Obviously shit happens.
>>
>>17963314
>my TD is terrible and I shot a hole in my floor
>I should shitpost on /x/ about alternate timelines and Berenstain Bears
>>
>>17963314
I should also mention, its a single action handgun. What are you doing carrying it with one in the chamber and hammer down?

See my retard argument earlier.
>>
>>17963301
Im hostile because the all knowing gun lords just opened up by calling me a liar and a retard. Shit like that tends to make people hostile. I already admitted fault. What happened, happened. And now ive got people sayn "hurr durr give up yer guns" because of my first mistake in 10 years of gun ownership. Its frustrating. Im not role playing, im sharing a close call.
>>
>>17963323
>10 years of gun ownership
>doesn't know how to use a single action firearm

I'm also wondering how an ND from the hammer hitting the floor would shoot a bullet in the opposite direction. You would think that if multiple universes existed you would at least be transported to one that made sense based on your story of being a total nimrod when it comes to firearms.

Or, you know, maybe you just ND'd into your carpet.
>>
>>17963336
Man, i dont really think I went to another universe, i had a ND innicent and it was just really freaky how it happened, which exactly how i told it. Im still baffled how you and all the other superiorist gun nuts are in here telling me how stupid i am when i already know and admitted retardism. This doesnt mean i dont know how to use the gun, it just means i had a lapse in common sense safety practices that i knew better than to ignoor. just because i dont write a fucking research paper on every gun i own doesnt mean i dont know how to use them.
>>
>>17963355
Just give up OP. Impossibilities don't become possible just because they're posted on /x/, despite what those who frequent this board might tend to think.

>>17963336 got it right, as well as >>17963288
and >>17963277

The retards babbling back and forth about alternate dimensions and "slips" are either trolls are retarded enough to actually believe the things they're saying. Simple as that.
>>
>>17963355
Hidden superior intelligence has given you another chance.
Go make it worthwhile
>>
>>17963412
Spotted OP!
>>
>>17961061
It's jebus
>>
>>17963468
Those other instances i could see surviving allot easier, but it makes a nigga wonder.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 289x175px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 289x175px
>>17963486
Quantum death leap is a real thing
Death works, atleast for anyone affiliated with me, as if you're in a videogame. When any of my allies die they respawn in a separate partition, wherein this partition is then merged with my specific timeline to avoid any unnecessary universal clutter. It's a very sleek system.
>>
>>17962151

Come join us on earth when you're done playing spaceman...

;^}
>>
>>17963535

The matrix and Jew fags call it Zion...
>>
>>17962151
I haven't seen Flamenco, but I plan on it. At least i got the Lagann reference but you sound like you're on some real good shit. Like, "see you, space cowboy" type of shit
>>
>>17961046
another name for it is quantum immortality
>>
Same here OP, my story is shitty but true. when I was 13 I was swimming In a lake. Got so tired I saw black and was under water. Just to snap back to it about 10 seconds later, fully across the river swimming behind my dad with full stamina, never told anybody and can't explain it like it really happened.
>>
I've always wondered because once i had a dream where a doctor told me i had an accident and became retarded and i got really upset and the world spun around then nothing happened.
Obviously I willed reality to a point where I wasn't retarded. and then another time was similar but i was in the hospital bed and crippled and I couldn't accept that i was crippled so reality changed to one where I wasn't crippled.

I'm going to kill my cat and see if the grief of that is enough to undo it.
>>
>>17961053
Another explosion propels you mid-jump to a nearby building, you wake up in hospital crippled but alive, just as some technological breakthrough comes out that happens to fix your condition!
>>
>>17961035
My question to this is how does inevitable death be avoided. For the other guys idea with the twin towers, the towers fell and you died. You're implying there's a universe where the towers literally never fell?
>>
>>17965077
I guess there's an incredibly slim possibility you could survive the fall.
>>
>>17960904
>I closed my eyes and lunged back (even though this would have been way too late) and yet the round somehow fired into THE FUCKING FLOOR! I should be fucking dead, and im not. I dont really care if anyone believes me or not, but this is just unsettling for me.
>Thoughts?

you are a special little snowflake. sure. yes.
no wait, god came down to earth just for you to save you because you are neo.
no wait
YOU ARE FUCKING GOD AND im bored already

it dropped down
it appeared like it was aiming at you

>>17961035
>I have heard of this theory before, that we are all immortal from our own viewpoint. Get in a car accident and a tree limb takes your head off in one reality, but you wake up in another almost identical reality where the tree limb just misses you. People appear to die around you in your reality, but they go on living in theirs indefinitely. Maybe we are all fated to experience technological immortality in our universes.

damn, i forgot that this is /x/ for a second so 99% of you idiots aren't here for creepypasta and stuff but because you idiots would believe anything especially without source

wouldn't that be something?
>we are all immortal from our own viewpoint.

i believed this as a kid.
i decided to grow up.
you're a pussy. life is too stressful and hard, isn't it?
>>
ITS TIME TO WAKE UP NEEDLES. WAKE UP NEEDLES. NEEDLES WAKE UP FROM YOUR COMA. PLEASE NEEDLES WAKE UP FOR ME. CAN YOU HEAR ME NEEDLES? PLEASE WAKE UP
>>
>>17965264

There is a real death timer that involves a more fluid spirit-like existence before you restart.

There is a restart point... to the tame kiddies I call it a "matrix round"... wrinkly republicans call it a "rapture" they simply "feel" as real!

You can be killed if your stupidity outweighs your usefulness.

There are always those special kids who achieve a mortal looking body well into their immortality, visiting the 100 year lifespan infants on repeat.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-wAaBoW408
>>
>>17960904
I know this aint a k story but what kind of fucking bullshit gun lands on the hammer and fires?

Shenanigans op
Major fucking shenanigans
>>
So what about the super old people who die of old age. You just wake up Still old as fuck but not dead, only to live about a week longer. Repeat this?.... Not buying it
>>
>>17961061

you gotta stop doing stupid shit
>>
>>17960904
Rule 1: don't leave a round in the chamber!
If the story is as you say, there was some kind of paranormal intervention. You have been saved for a purpose.
>>
>>17966989
>dont leave a round in the chamber
Kek wat

Yeah, so that way. Not only do you have to draw your firearm, but you have to rack the slide.
Have fun with that
>>
>>17960904
>Thoughts?
You are a fucking moron, this isn't /x/ material and I hope to fuck that you've learned a lesson. People like you give responsible gun owners a bad name. It's dipshit behavior like this that gives the libtards ammunition (pun) for wanting to restrict gun ownership.
>>
>>17967017
Does anyone not see the hole in the story? What gun fires when you drop it, on the hammer, while its not cocked back.

This story is absolute bullshit
>>
>>17967014
>Not only do you have to draw your firearm, but you have to rack the slide.
Or you could always drop your fucking gun like a retard and blow your god damn brains out.
>have fun with that
There are few situations where an average civilian will ever have to have a fucking round in the chamber. Paranoid fearful faggots buy into this "be ready to blow someone away at a moments notice" bullshit.
>>
>>17967026
>or you could always drop your gun and blow your brains out

Yeah... because that happens, alllll the fucking time. It absolutely didnt happen in OP's lame ass story either.

>few situations...

You mean like.. idk.. any time you carry a gun. Whats the fucking point if you're gonna carry an unloaded gun. You might as well keep the magazine in a separate pocket. And hell while you're at it, when you're at home, put the gun in a safe, and then all the ammo in a different safe in a different location. You never know when that thing might just decide to go off.
>>
>>17961030
Lol, bless you my friend. You're doing okay mate.
>>
>>17963314
your story is made up. the gun you have won't work like you described
>>
>>17960904
This feeling happens to me at least once a day. The feeling like I just died and moved onto another universe. I didn't think anyone else experienced it
>>
>>17961071
i think our soul is just drifts in world of dead
>>
>>17965077
I've actually thought about the same exact thing OP is talking about. In my case, when I was a kid I nearly drown twice in a pool, almost got ran over by a car. Later on I had a medical procedure done to me , but alas I was (I am) allergic to a substance used with the anesthetic so according to the doctors I went away for quite a while and had to be brought back (can't say I saw anything). And that's it, now as an adult I've been an irresponsible piece of shit once, and I drove completely black out drunk, I swear that I should have at least crashed into a tree, or a wall or something.. But no, literally no scratches on the car and I woke up only with a hangover.
I do think there are instances, like the people that jumped from the towers, in which they probably woke up and it was a dream, they didn't went to work that day, or the towers never went down (in that universe) . I know it sounds strange, but when you put it that way most people have had a near death experience, or have had a "dying" dream.. so, who knows...
>>
>>17968945
Yea it could. There are some guns that will fire while shaken
>>
>>17969662
Kek wat
>>
>>17961035

Makes sense considering we cannot comprehend or understand death.

It's a concept we cannot possibly figure out

So add that to all the theories scientific philosophycal and mystical about the mind and its importance.
>>
File: 1405322196256.jpg (7KB, 225x252px) Image search: [Google]
1405322196256.jpg
7KB, 225x252px
>>17961497
>My theory though was that when we die our consciousness actually just disperses until the universe dies and is reborn and the exact same energy/particles come together in the exact same way again to re-form our consciousness, and we are sort of reincarnated.

Holy shit, almost literally the conclusion I've thought of.

I've always figured that if the universe is stuck in an infinite loop of expanding and contracting, then it means we have infinite chances to roll the same dice.
Therefore, there must also be an infinite amount of timelines aswell, oh god my brain..

If we have a thing called soul or psyche, it must be something that's shared by all of the "me" in every possible timeline where I exist.

Somehow, it sounds terrifying.
>>
calling bullshit on this one OP...
>>
>>17960904
wacky shit happens with guns, where the dead or the living are separated by tiny fractions of inches and seconds.
You're alive thru luck, stop being terrible.
>>
>>17960937
pretty lazy sci-fi explanation of pure chance.
If the bullet had smashed your face open, a neighbor had just happened to hear the pop-thud and called medics, if the surgeon piecing your head together just happened to be an expert at such, if you just happened to pull through a week of maybe live-maybe die intensive care, wouldn't that be an even more epic series of chances taken and won?
Timelines are a received idea from some lazy science fantasy, neither necessary nor sufficient to explain anything.
>>
>>17965005
yeah, nah.
>>
>>17967026
>Paranoid fearful faggots buy into this "be ready to blow someone away at a moments notice" bullshit.
Dammit man that's classified information!
The whole muh-guns-muh-freedoms movement will evaporate if this gets out.
>>
>>17970150
>Makes sense considering we cannot comprehend or understand death.
Sure you can, there were millions of years of events before you got here, there will be after you're gone, it's easy and the idea we can't concieve of it is only from Freud and discredited long ago.
>>
>>17961061
>>17966768
No what you need to do is stop closing your fucking eyes every time bad shit is about to happen.

Then again it seems to be working for you.
>>
>>17969662
Oh ya the Shake n' Shootz
>>
When kid, I fell on my neck. Knew instantly that i'd be dead. After a blink of an eye, woke up on my back where I landed and didn't feel a think. Still remember it being creepy as fuck after 20 years.
>>
I did not read all the posts here some if somebody explained this part then link it to me but what does this theory have to say about dying of old age? In less you ultimately get transferred to a universe that does not suffer from aging in the end of merely get reincarnated
>>
If you had carried a glock you wouldn't have to worry about this.
>>
I might just be retarded, but i'm wondering how different universes/timelines relate, influence or interract with one another, assuming these theories about "immortal consciousness" are true?
Are memories of the physical world attached to the consciousness or the body? If it's the body, OP wouldn't have remembered the gun as pointed at him, he would've remembered it as it was pointed in the universe his consciousness got transferred to, in which his body survives.
What is the current condition of other universes/timelines in relation to ours? Do they "play out" paralell to our own within the exact same "timeframe", or are they in some abstract form of stasis, only existing as "thoughts" (or something akin to) of possible outcomes which only "activates" once we enter them?
You're all insinuating that there's only ONE single consciousness to each individual and infinite/lot's of timelines/alternate universes in which equally many bodies of "you" exist. How does this even work? I can't even piece it together from a theoretical or philosphical perspective.
>>
We love you. Please wake up.
>>
>>17961000
CHECKED, nice trips
>>
Maybe it's just that you're lucky to be alive, and there are an uncountable amount of other realities where you did die because of this, and you're not just jumping between universes, because that can't happen.
>>
File: CHUMIMI.png (207KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
CHUMIMI.png
207KB, 320x320px
>>17975332
>>
>>17965239
imagine being this guy

like imagine being this edgy on purpose
>>
>>17961061
stop killing yourself dude
>>
>>17965239
either you're actually mad about nothing or you think its funny to pretend to be.
It's dumb either way
>>
>>17961841
If what I understand about the theory is correct, there was no other you until the death event. At that point your timeline split.
>>
I had a similar event as well, but this was years ago, was riding my bike, accidentally bumped into some school kid and fell. I could have sworn I hit my head real hard to the asphalt, but instead I hit my head on my backpack that suddenly came loose before I landed.

Believe it, bullshit it, I don't care, but I'm 100% sure I died, and yet I didn't.
>>
>>17975621
welcome to the club
>>
>>17960904
That shits next level.

Are you all 'Raymond K Hessell' now?

I bet your breakfast was the finest breakfast
>>
>>17961035
does this means that in a certain reality there still exists a mecha hitler roaming the lands
>>
>>17961121
i consider that hell
>>
>>17960904
Op is a faggot again. A Clinton tier fucking FLAMING FAGGOT.
>>
>>17962151
Go get ready for bed, Corky.
You've had a big day of using your imagination
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.