[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret teachings of all ages / Literature General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Seansmind.jpg (234KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Seansmind.jpg
234KB, 1650x1275px
Pic Unrelated
Any thoughts on the secret teachings of all ages?
For those who are unaware, it is an extensive summation of esoteric teachings taught throughout the ages.
I was originally recommended the work by a close paradigm friend of mine ( our dimensional presences are intertwined in this plane) and I have gone through most of the texts.
I find some of it to be rather accurate ( based on my experiences) and some to be utter bologna.

Please share with me your take on this rather interesting book as well as suggest new and interesting things to read!
Feel free to talk all things /x/ literature here.
>>
It's decent, but you have to delve into the Vedic literature for genuine spirituality.
>>
>>17959215
Vedic religion is not the only and singular form of "genuine" (whateverthefuck that means) spiritual praxes.

Secret Teachings is a good text, mate, if a touch dated.

Much like Crowley's conjectures on things like the Ankh, Hall's 'bologna' is largely only detectable via 20/20 hindsight.

Have my library. 30+ gigs. Twice the size of Grimoar, and afaik still some exclusive content like the Motta Equinox, and the Yorke Microfilms of the Warburg Institute.
>>
>>17959225
>Secret Teachings is a good text, mate, if a touch dated.
>Much like Crowley's conjectures on things like the Ankh, Hall's 'bologna' is largely only detectable via 20/20 hindsight.
>Have my library. 30+ gigs. Twice the size of Grimoar, and afaik still some exclusive content like the Motta Equinox, and the Yorke Microfilms of the Warburg Institute.
Meant for
>>17959204

And as fucking usual forgot to add the link:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
>>17959215
define "genuine"

>>17959225
Dat library doe... I thank you for your extension of knowledge.
I have yet to touch the chapter on Isis ( for fear I would be insulted) in Hall's work. Should I look into it?
>>
>>17959235
Like I said, the man's dated so just take it as it is and with a few grains of salt, and you should be fine.

Also, how far it carries will depend on your route of approach. The Isis commentary's probably more relevant to a Thelemite than to a reconstructionist who already has plenty of material to draw from.
>>
>>17959225
>Vedic religion is not the only and singular form of "genuine"

Certainly there are other legitimate systems, but nothing compares to the knowledge derived from the Eastern sastras.
>>
>>17959373
>sastras
I think you mean Tantras.

Spines. Not leaves, not stitches, spines.
>>
File: prometheus rising.jpg (24KB, 400x430px) Image search: [Google]
prometheus rising.jpg
24KB, 400x430px
You want to learn the real secrets of life? Read this book.

Be warned though, you'll never be able to come back to the normal state you live in now.
>>
>>17959376
Believe it is still considered a type of sastra. Haven't delved too deeply into tantra, any recommended reads?
>>
File: 57913.jpg (42KB, 318x473px) Image search: [Google]
57913.jpg
42KB, 318x473px
>>17959382
>>
File: tritrishul mandala.jpg (43KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
tritrishul mandala.jpg
43KB, 444x444px
>>17959386
>Preliminary
Kali Kaula
Kiss of the Yogini
Kapalas & Kalimukas

>Mostly Saivism, with a touch of Buddhism
Kularnava Tantra
Kaulajnananirnaya
Paratrishikavivirana
Tantraloka
Hevajra Tantra
>>
>>17959395
Do you know the story about Kala Bhairava? Fascinating read. His form as Gopeshwar Mahadeva is also very revealing.
>>
>>17959402
>Kala Bhairava
Yes.

>Gopeshwar
Not a fan of Krsnavu/Vaishnavu praxis.
>>
>>17959389
How the dolphin reached enligmentm?
>>
>>17959406
Have you heard of New Bihar Mandir? Some Vaishnava influences but they also worship some of the darker deities in the Hindu Pantheon (check out Sudalai Madan)
>>
>>17959410
He was already enlightened.
His entire culture consisted of lifelong epic poetry that recorded history and spirituality.

>>17959414
>New Bihar Mandir
Probably maybe a little legit, but no. Just no.
I'll take my Tantra without the O9A/218 influence, thanks.
>>
>>17959423
When it comes to South Indian Madrasa Hinduism (especially concerning Kaval Deivam), worship with weapons, alcohol etc. is actually quite common place.
>>
>>17959433
This I don't doubt.
I have a trishul.
And a skull.
And a kangling.
And a multitude of blades.
Etc.

I just don't need to go back down that Western influenced strain, and I think I've pushed just a tiny bit deeper in terms of understanding than what they appear to offer. There are many groups playing at Kaula but only a select handful that I know of on US soil that are legit.

I could be wrong about them, I'd need to contact, but I'm not even interested enough to do that.
>>
File: 1446237960840.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446237960840.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>17959423

Cool, so their language has codified his history and poetry ? Holographic tonal language seems to be cool

> Mfw you'll never go to the coralline barrier to sing cool dolphin songs whit your dolphin Bro ' s

Why even live.
>>
>>17959382
Read it. Enjoyed it. Can't say I feel any different to how I did.
>>
is morals and dogma any good? it has the best title.
>>
>>17959524

That's because you read it without applying any of the principles in it or even trying out the exercises at the end of each chapter.
>>
>>17959414
>New Bihar Mandir

Yeah, these guys look like they have some valuable teachings all right. Not that I give a shit about them being racist, but how deep do you think their knowledge and experience go? Not very, would be my guess.

https://www.nknews.org/2013/05/white-power-and-apocalyptic-cults-pro-dprk-americans-revealed/
>>
>>17960234
https://web.archive.org/web/20140210111940/http://www.newbiharmandir.org/

This was their old website. Decide for yourself
>>
>>17960251

Well... that was even worse than I expected.
>>
>>17959406
>Not a fan of Krsnavu/Vaishnavu praxis.

I can live with the Bauls. But that's about as far as I go in that direction.
>>
>>17960277
What exactly did you find unfavorable?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.