[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memory palace?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (409KB, 1165x826px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
409KB, 1165x826px
Do any of you construct a "memory palace" or some other place of mental solace to escape the harsh nature of the world around you? For example, have you ever created a world of your own which you alone can visit and only you control? Any stories you wish to share?
>>
>>17958086
didn't you already post this on /r9k/?
>>
>>17958086
>harsh nature of the world around you
Stop being so weak, anon.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (12KB, 280x156px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
12KB, 280x156px
That's human nature. Everyone does it to some extent or another.
>>
>>17958087
Yeah, but it was archived and folks said it was more /x/.
>>
>>17958133
What if Op loves in Bosnia or the Sudan or some shite?
>>
OP, you are describing two separate things. Matteo Ricci's memory palace was tantamount to an extremely effective mnemonic device. It allowed him and others he taught it to, to learn rote memorization facts by association quickly. I got through my senior thesis (I am not working on my PhD and still using it) using his system, and he got to teach Chinese kids prep for the most important exam of their lives with it, and it allowed him to pick up Chinese in a snap.

But it has nothing to do with /x/. Maybe unlocking the powers of the mind "they" want to keep hidden, maybe, but it's not really /x/ material.

But then enter your second question, re: escapism and the invention of hidden realms/entering into the shadow/astral realms. Not that's /x/. Tulpa as a place is /x/. Reality as a construct is /x/.

So let's forget the memory palace and move into the other part of your question, shall we? Has anyone successfully, and if so for how long, developed a way, without drugs/alcohol, to escape into another reality? Thoughts?
>>
*now working on my PhD. Although currently I am not working on it, I am posting here, so...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.