[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Faults of Perception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: oldladyyoungwoman.png (12KB, 365x493px) Image search: [Google]
oldladyyoungwoman.png
12KB, 365x493px
Hey /x/, I have a question on the nature of perception. Given that the human brain splices reality together by comparing outside stimuli to past experience, one's perception is rarely perfect. One can see examples of this simply by staring at a black speck in the shower in their peripheral vision and watching it move. Not only this, but our senses do not allow us to see the universe around us as it truly is, but to see mere fraction of its splendor. It is clear human perception creates an imperfect, incomplete, and abridged version of reality. How much do you think we miss? Is there much more to the universe than meets the eye? If one thinks so is there any true indication outside of speculation and baseless superstition as to what that may be?
>>
I take a sideways look at life. Imagine if we didn't have doors. It would be like we were all living in one massive room. Spooky.
>>
File: color-cube-illusion.jpg (53KB, 452x235px) Image search: [Google]
color-cube-illusion.jpg
53KB, 452x235px
>>17957495
The brain is a problem solving computer. Part of that function is finding problems to solve, even if they might not be there. So perhaps there isn't a greater problem to solve, and the idea that there is is just an idea.

Also the blue tiles on top of the left cube is the same colour as the yellows on top of the right. Amazing how relative comparison works to produce a baseless truth like that.
>>
>>17958169
Yeah, I've been watching some Brain Games recently. Similar examples of those kinds of optical illusions are presented there.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 576x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 576x248px
>>17958169
I must be missing something
>>
>>17958169
> The brain is a computer
This meme needs to die.
>>
>>17958421
Sounds very educational.

It's just interesting that this develops in us as we grow in ungoing cycle of sense relation to produce their meaning which of course means each of our realities is made of truths suspended in a web of none truths and only true in relation to each other.

The so called glitches are not really glitches, they're an illustration of how the brain works fundamentally.

It's like alchemy metaphorically and sort of literally in the modern context, by gold plating motorway station trinkets.
>>
File: Untitled.png (208KB, 438x235px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
208KB, 438x235px
>>17958467
>>17958169
>>
>>17958843
got it senpai
>>
>>17958486
Why ?
Does it clash with jesus ?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.