[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychward Prozac

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: cuckoo.jpg (51KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
cuckoo.jpg
51KB, 500x335px
A few years ago I was put in one of those emergency psychward holdovers for a week.

The only drinks we were served was milk cartons with meals and then a mysterious keg of orange flavored water the rest of the time. The only alternative was the tap water from the bathroom sink.

I wasn't on any other meds during that time and prior to that I hadn't been on anything that would produce these effects long after last taking them but I noticed a subtle shift in my mood.

Later on, back home, I ended up trying someone's prozac and my brain had that "aha!" moment of recognition of remembering and recalling the keg of orange flavored water. I'm now convinced they were doping it with prozac.

Anyone similar experiences?
>>
I don't think they did, honestly. Prozac can fuck you up and make you manic (it did to me, that was a fun week (just kidding it was horrible)) and that sounds like a horrible idea to give to people who are already manic/psychotic. If anything it was an antipsychotic in there.
>>
>>17957034
you're right anon, Tang is pretty depression-busting
>>
Doping a communal drink source in a psych ward sounds like a horrible idea, especially with an SSRI like Prozac. People can react with mania and other adverse reactions to Prozac. Unless they had you guys separated and the room you were in was filled with depressed people on Prozac? In that case they'd probably have been managing how much orange water you drank to make sure you wouldn't take too much. The max dosage on Prozac is pretty high and most people on pills take a lower dosage, so I can't imagine it would be a huge issue.
>>
>>17957045
It also has a stuuuuupid long half life. I took half the lowest dose they prescribe for two days and was manic for a week. Prozac is the worst.
>>
This isn't One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, anon. Plus it's 2016. You think a psychward can get away with that shit without getting their fucking asses handed to them by the public, media, and health system?
>>
>>17957053

Psych wards drug the shit out of people, dude, just not with Prozac. Read Madness and Civilization by Foucault sometime.
>>
>>17957056
>written in 1964

Yeah, like I said. It's 2016 now.
>>
>>17957065

It's still relevant a half century later. Ask anyone who's ever been committed, psych wards are awful and people with acute mental health problems get treated like absolute trash.
>>
>>17957056
>Foucault
Go Foucault yourself, you pomo moron.
>>
>>17957075
I have been in a psych ward. It was pretty normal. The staff definitely didn't have phd's or anything, but they were nice enough. All we did was participate in these little group help classes with each other and then see our own doctor. That was like from 8-4 or something. We had rooms worth a roommate and what we could have was limited because so many of us were suicidal and all ya know. After the classes were done we just watched movies or read or called people. And I liked the good, nothing sketchy about it. Just decent hospital food. They gave me sweet socks with little rubber grippies on them and a big water mug I still have 3 years later.
>>
>>17957053
I was in a psych ward 5 years ago and kids would regularly be abused by workers there. My roommate talked back to one of them and was slammed on his bed so hard that it broke.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.