[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UFOs or something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: wtf baby.jpg (19KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
wtf baby.jpg
19KB, 385x383px
Help me, /x/, I need an explanation for some strange shit two of my friends and I saw last night.

We hang out in the backyard at night pretty regularly, and always keep an eye on the sky.

We've seen things pass over that could have been satellites, but there's only ever been one on any given night.

Last night we saw 4, what looked like, slowly moving stars. Each a different speed and direction. The first two passed each other. The third was dimmer, and there was a non moving flashing light that flashed about 3 times about 20 seconds apart. Then the final one stopped directly above us for about 2 or 3 minutes, then changed direction, and went on past the horizon.

Not to mention 2 high altitude military planes flying the exact same trajectory.

What could this have been?

Definitely not planes btw, too far away.

TL;DR Version:

Saw 4 slow moving stars, what were they?

pic unrelated
>>
Satellites. If they spin the right way, the solar panels catch the sun and flash up for a second. It's weird af when you first see it, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.
>>
>>17956931
What are the chances that 5 would pass in all different directions?

Seems Strange to me
>>
>>17956931
>>17956939
4*
>>
>>17956939
i think if you check satellite trajectory on that night in your location, you might find that 4 is a low number
>>
>>17956939
Pretty high, really. All kinds of junk (literally) in orbit.
>>
>>17956976
>>17956986

True, but this all happened within like 10 minutes
>>
>>17956995
I don't think you're grasping the scope of just how much shit is in NEO.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html
@ 500,000 pieces of debris (@ 20,000 of which could be described as softball sized or larger), plus all the actual functional sattelites up there. All whizzing around and reflecting light. I'm surprised you didn't see more.
>>
I work nights and go up on the roof and star gaze alllllll the time. Lol. 4 satellites in that short of time is nothing. Never mind the tens you didn't see in a different part of the sky
>>
>>17956995
Stop trying to make it look like it was something else. They weren't spaceships or anything like that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.