[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No-Sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 8

File: background.gif (1MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
background.gif
1MB, 500x333px
What's the longest period of time you went without sleep /x/? And why does sleep deprivation almost always end in insanity and detrimental effects to the mind?
>>
>>17956671

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+sleep+deprivation+causes+insanity
>>
Probably not impressive but 54 hours and 56 hours, first was 1st Year final project, second was 3rd Year dissertation. 1st we went to eat after then I stopped being able to hear and fell asleep with my head on the table, 2nd I began to hear voices of my friends talking when they weren't talking or weren't in the Skype call.
>>
>>17956671
Because your mind is only free when you are sleeping.
>>
>>17956671
like 42 hours which is not impressive at all, really didnt feel any insane at all, only like i wasnt there half of the time. zoned the fuck out, ill try to break my record later tho, any good tips on staying awake?
>>
43 hrs to finish up a project for uni, plus the 2 hour class itself.

The amount of time I stayed up was not a big deal. The 40 minute commute back home while I nodded at the wheel was.
>>
I think as a human you need to experience being awake for a long time at least once, just to test your limits. I think the longest for me was near 70 hours, maybe like 64 actually. I don't like being awake for even 24 hours though for real, I like sleep
>>
I went through bud/s back in 2012. During Hellweek, we started Sunday night, took a 20 min nap on Wednesday and then a 30 min nap on Thursday. But didn't secure from hellweek until Friday after noon. So basically, 5 days of grueling exercise and torture without sleep.

Ask me anything about it.

>inb4 i can't give away shit and it's totally different from what it was in that stupid video class 234.
>>
>>17956671
I will try this shit and report it, how many hours until i go insane?
>>
>>17956671
not sure on a lot of amphetamines maybe 3 days .
but then who is to say what is a hallucination from sleep deprivation or the meth
>>
>>17956858
For the past ~three months I've been using crystal methamphetamine (ice,some call it) on a very consistent basis. Very close to every day. I've managed to keep a very strong footing in reality as well as keep myself appearing sane to the public and my crew at work (glass factory, bottle forming).

I have been sleep deprived for what feels like an eternity. Any sleep I do manage is very restless and unfulfilling.

The shadow people are with me in great frequency, trying to break me. The negative energies/ entitiesI have attracted towards my being are wishing failure upon me. They're alright though. I have nothing but absolute love for them and I wish them nothing but good to come to them.

But yeah, long periods of sleep deprivation make you realize the need, and just how precious of a thing, sleep truly is.
>>
5 days with cocaine

heres a huge trick

when you start to crash hard just lay down and set an alarm for 5 to 10 minutes

you wont go to sleep but you will fall deep into a near sleep like state

then the alarm goes off and you can get up with way more energy than you had before
>>
I have bouts of insomnia at times. Sober I have been awake for 5 nights without sleep. I saw shadows out of the corners of my eyes, which eventually turned into me seeing creatures crawling near my footing while I was walking, I thought they were skunks, coons or cats but they were gone as soon as I twitched my eyes,

When I was popping adderall and smoking dope I was up for more than a week, I got seriously irrational, the shadows weren't present though. I remember being able to think properly (still insanely though) but the words that were coming out of my mouth were scrambled.

AS far as the insomnia goes usually by day 3 my body shuts itself down and I go into a state of sleep paralysis until my eyes finally shut down. It's actually much like a drug itself, an hour or so before the crash you experience a high like no other, everything is humorous and blissful, your body even goes numb. I am actually on day two but I can feel the crash coming. Just got to get through a 5 hour shift and an hour bus ride home and I'll be golden. As always, mind over matter.
>>
Only around 24 hours
>>
>>17956671
> 96 hours.
>>
>>17956671
About 3 days
>>
A bit over 24 hours
>>
2 days, I almost felt like doing more but i decided "fuck it I'll just force myself to sleep"
>>
53 hours. I tried to buy diphenhydramine at the local pharmacy and the pharmacist wouldn't sell it to me because I have asthma, despite being told it was okay by a doctor and having used it several times before. I almost broke down in the middle of the pharmacy crying hysterically. I don't know how I managed to hold it in.
>>
About three days. I rarely get more than five hours sleep anyway.
>>
>>17956671

Negative stimuli get processed by the amygdala; positive or neutral memories get processed by the hippocampus. Sleep deprivation hits the hippocampus harder than the amygdala. The result is that sleep-deprived people fail to recall pleasant memories, yet recall gloomy memories just fine.

In one experiment by Walker, sleep-deprived college students tried to memorize a list of words. They could remember 81% of the words with a negative connotation, like “cancer.” But they could remember only 31% of the words with a positive or neutral connotation, like “sunshine” or “basket.”
>>
About 98 hours. To that point I started seeing tings, like very fast shadows. To slow I drink solo xanax, sleeping pills, pain killers.
>>
96 hours, started hearing things. Got so parenoid I sat down covered in blankets basicially passed out without realizing it and woke up 17 hours later.
>>
>>17956858
You do realize that lack of sleep can cause brain and neural damage? That you can catch up on so much sleep, but after a point you will never actually be able to recover that sleep lost.

Did you know you can also have seizures if you start awake too long?

I don't care if I'm awake 25 hours or 70, I'm not doing that shit just to "test my limits".
>>
>>17957062
You realize no one else here knows what buds is right
>>
>>17956671
Bout two days. Used to go on benders. Would always at least catch an hour or two of nappy time. (always have landing gear handy)

Your mind and body start to grow wary. I'm not in the mood to to explain the finer points, so here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_deprivation
>>
56 hours of no sleep. Felt strange and very confused. Went to sleep for 9 hours. Woke up with chronic shits that lasted a whole day.
>>
>>17960289
a lot of people do. Its like a grueling bootcamp for seals or something. Thinking ur cool or something lol.
>>
once i did 5 days with 4 hours of sleep.
A year later i did 5 days with lots of alcool, weed and medication, and 2 hours of sleep.

Then i went batshit crazy and ended up in a mental institution for 41 days.
>>
I hit exactly 72 hours non stop gaming at age 15.
Didn't really have any negative effects going on other than my eyes were hurting due to being very strained as well as things were brighter to me.

Sorry for the kind of boring report.
>>
Had a really bad shroom trip that fucked me to hell and back two years ago. Was given a xanax for sleep during the come down and passed out that night but the entirety of the next week I could not fall asleep. Every time I would jerk awake or just experience flashbacks =/ I'd say a total of 72hrs. Maybe more with only tiny bouts of sleep. Shadow people started popping up, delusions, depression. Eventually went to a psychiatrist for help and got myself on a schedule and I've been okay for about a year. It was still the most fucked up thing ever. I get twitchy and paranoid whenever I can't sleep for even a day now.
>>
>>17960349
For the explanation i was trying to induce sleep by auto hypnosis/meditation, and i would open my eyes like 6 hours later, starting drinking, smoking and taking pills, wich eventually led to insanity.
>>
>>17960376
Once you've hit the limit, you cant push much more. Or you fall real fast.
>>
So I can't quite seem to tell, are the effects of sleep deprivation temporary or not?
>>
>>17960320
>or something
Trust me I have a much better idea what it is than you.
>>
Reporting here.
>Started yesterday.
>32h~
>No sings of fatige, only a little bit of sleep that i kill with cafeine.
>>
>>17960517
can i mess up the things a little bit more if i use binaural beats or hypnosis using the sleep deprivation as catalyst?
>>
>>17960535
just drink alcool every few hours. No fapping. Eat less, like a loaf of bread. Then go heavy mental
>>
>>17960535

listen to some progressive rock
>>
Sleep deprivation is not a very big deal - Yes, most people will die at around the 11th day, but if you manage to fall asleep, you're likely to recover with no lasting effects.

Missing your sleep quota, however, is a big deal. Sleeping four hours every night for several weeks has very detrimental effects on the human body.
>>
>>17960552
i dont understand... why the "no fapping"?>>17960557
i just take it a mix after read your answer, thanks anon.
>>
>>17956684
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+sleep+deprivation+causes+insanity
not OP but your a dick
>>
this thread does a great job exposing how demented everyone on /x/ is
>>
>>17960569
Cuz afterward you feel tired
So no fap means more energy to stay awake
>>
>>17960289
Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training.

Yeah. Basically it. Its like the British SAS, German Kampfschwimmer or however it's spelled.
>>
>>17957062

did anyone lost is shit? Like went mental or else
>>
>>17960663
Here the guy with 32h, go into a dark room with only a very little source of light.
>>
>>17956760
meth
>>
5 days straight. My issue was that I wanted to sleep at the fourth day but it was not possible.
This was during some gaming event. At the 3rd day I already get blinking lights in the corner of my eyes or hearing gets a weird filter like its dampened randomly.
Day 4 was weird. I'd talk to friends who aren't even beside me anymore.
At day 5 I walked home like in tunnel vision. Slept for 22 hours straight.
>>
>>17957062
What in god's holy name are you blathering about?
Go to sleep Jason
>>
>>17958035
sounds awesome
>>
There's a difference in sleep deprivation that most of you are not informed of. There is sleep deprivation by quite literally preventing sleep by staying awake as much as possible, than there is sleep deprivation that is brought on by slowly cooking a frog. I'm one of those types that have been slowly sleep deprivating myself for about a year. I experience the consequences for long periods of time. In my experience, I've had a long strand of incredible insights, delusional math and a knack of deterioration where I understand I have been slowly personally deteriorating even after sobering up. I've been hearing things for about a couple of months now.
>>
Jason R. The retarded anarcho-capitalist mountain man?
>>
>>17960281
So stay with your boring and healthy life, fag
>>
>>17956858
I did this, that's how I found out I'm epileptic. Now I have to take medication for the rest of my life, so yeah.
>>
>>17956671
Like 85-86 hours. Hurt to close my eyes by the end, lots of weird stuff started happening around hr 50 and got worse at about 70ish.
>>
>>17956689
>I stopped being able to hear
that would fucking terrify me, I'd be so scared it was permanent
>>
>>17956671
I did a week in highschool when I ran out of my insomnia medication and my new psych but me on adderall. Auditory hallucinations start within 3 days visual soon after. By the end of the week I was having full psychadelic effects and remember laying on my floor just staring at swirling galaxies in my ceiling.

Pretty sure it's what drove me insane.
>>
about 64 hours i think, when i was 14-15. first day i stayed up because i felt like it, but the next day i had a therapist appointment in the morning so i stayed up again. i didn't really experience anything too abnormal for me because i already had issues with psychosis and palinopsia
about 38 hours in it felt like a sleepy manic episode though. everything was suddenly very funny. i think i slept for 10 hours after, 13 is my record
>>
Sleeping is like rebooting your brain. Physically you don't technically need any sleep. Your body will function just fine. If you can into deep meditation like old Tibetan monks you can forgo sleep as well. Sleep doesn't something to the brain. What I don't know, but deep enough meditation seems to have the same effect. Fun Fact: your brain is still fully functioning like its awake during a lot of your sleep.

My record: a couple days past 2 weeks. I was in a psychotic episode, so I'm not sure what detrimental effects there were.
>>
>>17956671
Three ish days, starting seeing bugs that weren't there/shadow people. Fell asleep in the kitchen for 12ish hours, woke up sick as fuck.
The bugs were the most annoying because I can't stand bugs.
>>
48 hrs is pretty regular for me now i think about it, sometimes i'll fall asleep early, wake up at 12 unable to sleep and manage to make it 48 hours. Happens about twice a month.
>>
>>17956760

just don't sleep? is it uncommon to not fall asleep without putting a conscious effort into it? I've never just nodded off without warning before (maybe when i was a kid), i've always had to put the effort in.Even after staying awake for like 60 hours or so. Can anybody relate?
>>
>>17956671
No sleep at all? It was about 10 days. But it was during my insomnia years which lasted for about a decade. Not anymore. Bad stuff matey.
>>
probably 4-5 days form detoxing off benzos or opiates.I'm not a good sleeper either so it's more rough. normally after day 4+ i'd get a couple hours of sleep
>>
78 hours when i was 16 or 17 i was alone for once because it was summer and my parents weren't home so i just played a lot of league and would shamble my way to the store to buy more monster and rock star every day the last day my reflexes were slow af so my friends asked sup lmao and i was like woah i'm really slow lmao haha tired as fuck
>>
Wow I feel like a pussy. The most I've stayed up was 24 or 25
>>
Around 60 hours. I started hallucinating after the second night.
>>
30 hours

Felt normal
>>
With mad assist from caffeine it was 6 days straight. I was in Europe, and my friend who was still stateside had finally gotten some free time. So I said Fuck Sleep imma play video games with my nigga! My memory starts to get fuzzy around the 4th day. On the 6th I was completely useless at work. I remember being up and mobile, walking around the parking lot with my coffee cup. There were people present at one point. I don't recall ending that day, or going to bed, Only coming to a day and a half later. I recommend giving a go. See what happens.
>>
>>17956671
78 hours when i was about 15 or so. i got really sick, i vomited a lot and had to sleep.
>>
48 hours exactly. Nothing to interesting happened but I love being sleep deprived. It makes me more receptive to information, my brain is more malleable.
>>
>>17962326
i dont believe you, that would have killed you. plus, you do physically need sleep. you're body needs rest, its not just like rebooting your brain. there is way more to it then that.
>>
>>17956671
ITT: Meth heads who barely have recollection of memories.
>>
File: 7702313.jpg (174KB, 418x314px) Image search: [Google]
7702313.jpg
174KB, 418x314px
>>17958035

Nice RP
>>
>>17956671
75 hours. Near the end I was hallucinating all kinds of weird shit. Living off of energy drinks, sugar, and Stacker pills.
>>
Seriously? You're interested in sleep deprivation but you don't know that sleep is a crucial time for the brain to clean its daytime thinky chemicals out? C'mon man google some shit before posting.
>>
I'm pretty sure that when you sleep the brain files or processes the past days infomation for memories ect. It sorts its shit out. Not sleeping means the brain cannot file the infomation, basically leading to disorted thoughts, lack of concentration ect
>>
28 hours.
I didn't see anything besides occasional black dots to my side that I kept snapping towards to make sure weren't real.
>>
>>17965517
That's not RP. go pick up meth sometime. Shadow people are just a part of doing it. What he is talking about is considered a fairly "normal" progression. Have a good day at high school tomorrow sweetheart.
>>
>>17962326
Your a fucking liar, or delusional.

Either way I now know not to trust you tripfag.
>>
>>17956671
two and a half day as of right now
i dont know im pretty tired but i just cant sleep
>>
>>17956671
My best was 3days
>>
I think there Is a lot of bullshitters In this threa...but this Is /x/ so... I once stayed awake for 3 days plus, kept seeing shadows in the corners of my room, only out of the corners of my eyes though and disappeared when I looked at them. I kept thinking I was hearing people talking In the living room, I knew all this was caused by my lack of sleep but the voices sounded so real I kept checking the living room thinking people had come In. That's when I knew I needed to get some sleep.
>>
>>17956671
Back when I was severely depressed and with a bad case of paranoia, I can sometimes be awake for up to 4 and a half days. I experienced auditory hallucinations. It was pretty spooky. Voices speaking random stuff, noises like banging pots, falling plates, etc.
>>
>>17958197
That's cheating. It's called a power nap.
>>
File: 1450562468632.jpg (45KB, 615x512px) Image search: [Google]
1450562468632.jpg
45KB, 615x512px
>>17956671
6 days, I was on drugs and was having a variety of vivid hallucinations.
The most terrifying one I had was auditory, while I was lying in bed watching Eyes Wide Shut. At the beginning of the film, when Tom and Nicole are about to go to the Christmas party, she looks into the mirror and says, "I'm ready. " Those two words echoed for several minutes, sounding just as clear as they did when I first heard them, except in an endless loop.
I realize it doesn't seem like much, but it was truly disturbing experience for me. I did end up falling sleep that night, thankfully.
>>
48 hours for a thesis

Could hear constant children laughing before finally crashing
>>
Do we have a /x/ Discord? We can try to stay up as long as possible and document the results.
>>
>>17966070
My worst trip was on baby rosewood seeds. I had pointless thoughts and geometric patterns behind closed eyes for hours - it was relentless and like some kind of hell
>>
I think 4 and half days. Nothing very good happened. I just felt semi-disconnected and objects warped infront of me sometimes. I slept for 36 hours after.
>>
Yeah my "record" was 5 days then I had to be admitted to a psychiatric ward for auditory and visual hallucinations for 10 days. That's how I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. Careful fellas, sleep deprivation is some dangerous shit.
A lot of you saying you've went 2 weeks etc are complete liars. The longest anyone in recorded history has ever gone without sleep is 11 days. Going even 5 days without sleep severely affects your body, sometimes with irreversible damage being done.
>>
>>17956671
Estimated 50 hours.
>>
>>17967211
Same, but that's how I was diagnosed with bipolar I.
>>
Not exactly going a long time without sleep, but me and some friends were doing security work at a pretty big music festival this year where we were patrolling a nearby village from 7pm till 7am

As it turned out, we barely got sleep in the daytime due to the tents being so hot, we'd maybe get 2 hours or so a day and then back onto our shifts, this happened for about 6 days

On like the 5th night shit was getting bad, all of us had admitted to seeing black silhouettes "walking towards us" but weren't actually there, shit was moving in the corner of my eye, shadows looked like they were coming to life, shit was terrifying when walking through dark country roads with just one person

friend was in the middle of conversation with me, a word he was supposed to say was replaced with "titanium", he looked at himself, confused, and then passed out

sleep deprivation is fucked t b h
>>
Not very long, perhaps 30 or so hours.

I fucking hate staying up long because it makes my heart beat faster and my breathing more intense.
>>
5 days. for a year after I quit drinking (heavily) I suffered from severe insomnia. i'd go 3-5 days without and then crash, followed by about 12 hours of sleep. rinse, repeat for about a year. day 4 and 5 are quite awful. 5 days only happened 2 or 3 times.
>>
Only 24 ~ 26 I think. I need my sleep.
>>
The most time I've been awake is 3 days. I was yong and had alucination with a goat faced human on the window. Worst than drug I used.
>>
I once spent about a month only getting one or two hours of sleep for every twenty-four because I was having rampant seizures that I couldn't sleep through.

I remember feeling both extremely tired and irritable most of the time with periods of a manic sort of euphoria.

Incidentally, I was in a psychiatric hospital at the time and it would bug the night nurses when I got up at 3am to sit in the dark lounge because the walls of my room were driving me nuts. Sometimes I read women's magazines in the light from the nurse's station just for something to do.
>>
>>17956671
around 36 hours without chemical stimulant to keep me going.

at around the 24th mild auditory hallucinations started
then mild visual hallucinations

then i decided fuck this and went to bed
>>
8 days 6 days and 5 days...as a social experiment with friends. ..no drugs but hallucinations so sureal and no physical or psychological side effects. ..other than at times I think I'm plugged in to something like the matrix but more like a social experiment or test...I started thinking I was God or a God trapped in this realm ..being held here captive. ..I've don't mushrooms to trigger this same effect...in fact I can't do lsd or shrooms without causing it
>>
I once did not sleep for 4 nights. I started seeing shadow people clear as day scamper in front of me. I asked him to come visit me and he touched my back. Scared me so much. That night I finally slept and had three episodes of sleep paralysis. I thought angels visited me. It was people just staring at me. And one was a message from god I believe. Also while I was awake I heard voices and saw shadows out the corner of my eye. I also kept hearing my cell phone ring tone
>>
>>17956671
About 40 hours, I was traveling and flew from Germany to California.
>>
>>17968307
Judging by your post, you've made yourself stupid by going without sleep for extended periods of time and abusing drugs.

Remember folks, you need to sleep. Your chances of a stroke increase exponentially when you're sleep deprived.
>>
>>17958350
neat
>>
>>17968353
Thanks, Mom
>>
>>17958350
holy shit this makes perfect sense. I haven't been up super long straight now but I haven't gotten much more than 5 hours a night for the last month and those 5 were mostly drunk and fitful.
I wonder if I sleep well if it will help.
>>
>>17956671
34 hours
>>
3 days. The first 36 hours living was a chore. The 3rd day especially from the afternoon and later i was feeling a little tired but good. I actually had to try and get sleep after the 3day+ mark because it didn't come easy at this point. I stayed at a friends home and asked him if he could wake me up first thing in the morning before he left because at if i stay awake for more than 30 hours i use to crash for another 18-24 to recover.

Im closing 24 soon because i was doing housework all night and now i need to chill. I hope i wont crash badly later.
>>
File: DreamingAwake.jpg (64KB, 598x545px) Image search: [Google]
DreamingAwake.jpg
64KB, 598x545px
>>17956671
5 1/2 days

I was young, and played vidya most of the time spent awake.

The beginning of the 5th day I started noticing effects.
>Shifting object. Wave/trance like with my heartbeat
>I could close my eyes, and it's like they were open
>Had immense trouble with hand to eye coordination
>Forgot how to drink from a cup. I figured it out eventually lol
>Finally fell alseep
>Woke up 22 hours later
>Felt like shit, and went back to sleep
>woke up 12 hours later
>34 hours of sleep with a 5 minute break in between sleep intervals

Damn you, Battlefield 2 for PC. Incase you were wondering.
I was 13.

>pic related
>exactly how I felt
>>
>>17956671
Almost 3 days. Constant high pitched whines and a roaring wave of static washing over me. I began seeing things and felt sharp pains everywhere.
>>
>>17956671
83 hours as a self experiment the summer after I got out of High School. Auditory and visual hallucinations, objects at the edge of my field of vision. Did it all unassisted, no drugs or caffeine. Slept for 15 hours and didn't know it was 7 pm or 7 am when I woke
>>
Probably 48 hours consecutive. Most recently I'd stayed up for three or four days sleeping only 2 hours on each day, but that doesn't count.

And I never hallucinate or anything. Just get heart palpitations and irritability.
>>
This is an irresponsible thing to post, but my druggie friend from high school said that if you really wanna trip balls in hallucinatory fashion, take sleeping pills and somehow force yourself to stay awake. (I think it gets easier past a certain threshold. Like there's a window of drowsiness and then this effect kicks in.) Friendo said his buddy did that and a poster preformed a play for him. Add darkness and some innawoodsy shit and maybe you'll see something /x/worthy. (Please do not go into the woods at night while high and sleep deprived for the love of christ. )
>>
>>17957062
Did you make it through or did you phase out?
>>
>>17956671

Sometime back in 1990 me and some friends went on a pretty serious amphetamine binge,i started on a Friday afternoon and finally fell asleep the following Monday morning at around 8am.

That was roughly 72 hours without sleep and food,the common place motto at the time was "if you don't like the speed comedown,don't come down".

I was hearing voices and seeing stuff by that Monday before i finally fell asleep,though to be perfectly honest i put that down to the drugs
>>
Went on a Dymaxion sleep cycle for 10 weeks to gain more time at university to finish assignments. Had a full psychotic episode as a result. At first it was great, felt like I had enough time to do whatever I wanted and dreams started to feel more real than reality, auditory hallucinations of my friends and nearby people started occurring, proved by logic that the voices must be a result of something logical to continue to still make sense to me.
Started getting visual hallucinations such as characters and symbols some familiar to me and others not orbiting myself and other people, like English, Latin, German, Egyptian Hieroglyphics, odd bits of punctuation and so on.
Started thinking I could actually hear other peoples thoughts and they mine sometimes. The sleep periods of my day became VERY lucid. Some time in July I just woke up and panicked, left university a week too early grabbed my bag and just left for the train as my perception of time was getting strange. Was put in mental institution shortly after I got home. Now I have some theories for how time and alternates function, but everybody is watching me. To the point where their focus feels like intense gravity, like everyone is hanging onto like I'll just jump and appear somewhere else. Started going out late at night, sneaking practice, not to steal anything just practice moving around as quietly as possible. Hiding seems very difficult now, people are onto me (at least in hallucinatory form, as soon as the voices start interacting they become more and more 'aware' of me). Have drawn sketches of how energy and time work and how this influences stealth.

A friend of mine told me after severe sleep deprivation he started seeing shadow people everywhere. I've had some experiences like this, my first year at university I woke up to a giant spider made of shadow on my pillow at 8am, in second year two shadowbeings gave me their child to raise in my imagination. It's going well so far I think. Be safe guys.
>>
Stayed awake for a little over 5 days at a gaming convention with 11 buddies of mine.

Only me and 2 of my mates managed the whole 5 days though, we basically trolled through the entire thing on a mixture of high energy foods, junk foods, weed, booze and energy drinks.

By the time I got home I was convinced that the antialiasing on the world had failed and I could see the pixels, and my hearing was somehow fucked - as if I already had my head between two cushions and everything was somehow muffled.

Was fun though, Played my first ever game of Dark Crusade in that session. Multiplayer as well, was awesome as fuck after being 2 days without sleep.
>>
>>17956671
It was around +2 days. I've gotten it more sometimes with going multiple days with <2 hours of sleep a night.

I usually get depressed if I go a long time without sleep, ~20 hours, and then I'll start to hallucinate, especially if I'm laying down or sitting. This is why I try not to drive after going a long time with no sleep. I once took my gf home at ~4am after getting up at 6. It was windy and as I was driving down a street with a lot of trees I swear I saw giants looking over the street. It was just the shadow cast by the streetlights and the leaves moving, but it actually scared me.

Once in a lecture I swear I saw a polar bear come out of the white board.

Yeah, I should sleep more.
>>
>>17960828
Meh, it's been alright. I'd rate 7.5/10, will probably do again.
>>
80 hours. Was in my first psychotic episode and the voices wouldn't let me sleep. Hard to tell if the sleep deprivation intensified the psychosis but I finally got to sleep by going to the school gym and peddling on a bike until exhaustion, then fell asleep at 4PM and stayed asleep for 15 hours. Went to the hospital the next day.
>>
>>17970687
What your friend may have recommended is DPH, or benadryl. 600+mg doses will throw you into a deep delirium. Not fun at all. Shadow people, spiders, laundry crawling up the walls, hands going through doors and being unable to open them because your perception is so fucked up you can't tell you're not actually touching the doorknob.

Or Ambien. Same sort of shit.
>>
Once I snuck out of my house and smoked weed mixed with chamomile overnight and went to school the next day.
Awake two days while high
>>
>>17960281
Actually there's no such thing as catching up on sleep. The average adult needs between 5 and 7 hours a day to maintain what is called a healthy sleep schedule. When you don't get that the damage is already done. I was a registered sleep tech for 10 years.
>>
120 hours. Started seeing a man draped in cloth wearing a plague doctors mask, seeing other things, and hearing voices before I finally crashed. Changed me definitely but not anything detrimental.
>>
>>17956671
Roughly 72-80 hours. Had taken LSD at night time and was unable to sleep for three days, still tripping the entire time.

Those who have taken psychedelics know that although you only peak for 3-5 hours, until you fall asleep, you still feel very much 'out there.'

Well I was 'out there,' unable to sleep, walking around for three days, interacting with people and ruining relationships. Got pretty strange, I lost my voice, blood vessels in my eyes popped, I began to be unable to stay in a room with other people.

Eventually I fell asleep. Eventually. One of the worst experiences of my life.
>>
76ish hours, all natural just busy with work. I still sleep 12 hours max over most weeks but it was significantly less back in the day.

Sleep deprivation and its effects follow a very rigid structure with me, so through experience I know what to expect and know to ignore it.

I'd usually start with visual hallucinations or rather my brain misinterpreting things, so a coat stand becomes a person out of the corner of my eye a shadow a black cat etc etc.

If you ride that out the auditory hallucinations start for me it was always radios in other rooms or people whispering behind me, again it could screw with your head but after you have had it lots of times you ignore it.

After this you get a bit depressed and your body will start throwing phantom pains at you in an effort to make you stop and sleep. Usually achey bones, muscle pain bad joints. This can be combatted with B vitamins and stretching.

All throughout this you will be kinda zoning out, I got to about 76 hours and had to go and visit my gfs family, I sat on the lawn (bbq) and zoned out. I then woke up 4 hours later with my gf asking if I wanted some food.

You can beat sleep for so long but eventually it will just stop you.

As for can it make you crazy, I'd say absolutely, if you aren't used to it and can't recognise the signs I'd imagine the mixture of time distortion, hearing voices, seeing things and depression could mess someone up
>>
>>17956671
Dunno, something along 56 hours or so. Was at a four-day lan party and I was drinking more energy drinks than one should consume in a month.

This was about 10 years ago, when I was still a youngster. Can hardly stay awake for 20 hours nowadays.
>>
A whole week. I was homeless at the time and needed to keep myself awake so nobody could disturb me or my son.
>>
>>17960927
Not him, but I'll keep my healthy life, even though I've done shit before.
It has its benefits, like me being able to both physically and mentally break you and destroy you. Feels great.
>>
>>17972119
What is a registred sleep tech?
>>
>>17957141
Meth doesn't make you hallucinate, so it is the sleep deprivation
>>
>>17958350
However, sleep deprivation can lift depression for a short time
>>
>>17960414
Yes, unless you damage your brain with it
>>
>>17960566
Like what?
>>
>>17960872
Regrets?
>>
>>17967211
Sleep deprivation doesn't make you schizophrenic, retard
>>
>>17974066
It can.
>>
>>17974066
If you already have the tendency to schizophrenia it can trigger the symptoms to start showing up.

My personal record is around 3-4 days in college. It's hard to remember by the end I was seeing shadowy silhouettes out of the corner of my eye, like giant beetles and moths. At one point I remember walking home from a late-running lab and looking up at the stars, then feeling this intense vertigo, then my entire body going numb. Another time I just finished two consecutive all nighters and smoked pot at 5am and just walked around campus barefoot eating directly out of a family size bag of cheetoes and smiling at people.

I hate staying up but I love what sleep deprivation does to me.
>>
File: Yqc.jpg (25KB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
Yqc.jpg
25KB, 320x362px
>>17974066
The obvious conclusion would have be that the poster was already susceptible to schizophrenia and the insomnia was either his first symptom or triggered his first episode.
>>
>>17974188
Don't play with your mind MSNF, you don't want to be ill.
>>
48 when I was 13, I didn't see anything special, but at the end I got bored so I went to sleep
>>
I went for almost two years where I would go for 5-9 days with less than 5hours total of sleep. I would get a 10-15min nap in a 24hour period. I felt hung over all the time, I was extremely irritable, and I almost lost it. My solid run was 48hours and that wasn't as bad.
>>
>>17974150
Nah, it's just like weed. It doesn't cause anything, but can only trigger psychosis in people who were already more prone to get psychotic.
>>
>>17970687
I've done this a bunch of times with zopiclone, but all that happens is I get sort of uncoordinated.

Might work if you're using an antihistamine like promethazine as sleep aids, because that can cause some hallucinatory nonsense if you take more than the recommended dose.
>>
>>17956671

5 days, could hear whispers of my name and someone touching my shoulder time to time.

Brain needs sleep, prevalent theory is that it uses sleep time to wash out waste, this is supported by the fact that neuros etc create space between them while sleeping, allowing liquid to flow better within the brain.
>>
>>17960517

>Caffeine
Please... that shit makes you crash, anyone who wants to stay awake for a long stay away from it.

Try Panax ginseng, high potency, min 30% ginsenosides.
It gives amazing clarity and wakefulness, mixed with caffeine you will feel like you had ADHD so not that recommended.

Use it as a noot.
>>
>>17971510

> I was convinced that the antialiasing on the world had failed and I could see the pixels

Drive at night anon, reality's processor is shit at night, this is why we sleep regional, server maintenance.
You will see the road/ambience is all pixelated.
>>
>>17974066

Experiments with lobotomy etc have shown that the right and left lobes while cooperating, each is its own entity (yeah anon, you are actually 2 people inside 1 body). However the dominant lobe becomes "you", generally the left.

When the connection between lobes is severed, the side of your body that your non"you" lobe controls acts on its own, alien hand syndrome for example, it can answer questions out of your visual range and so forth, even has a different favorite color than you do.

It is suspected that schizo is actually some sort of issue with the connection, where the nondominant lobe starts being able to "talk" with you.

Schizo experiences are also, interestingly, cultural. Western culture due to abrahamic religions tends to have this voices as violent, angry, the idea of a demon.

Meanwhile in many regions of the world, individuals with schizo report hearing an encouraging and helpful voice that gives them strength to continue.

Either way, It would not be very surprising if some sort of trauma to the brain, or sleep deprivation, might actually trigger a latent issue, or perhaps cause it to happen.
We simply don't understand enough.
>>
>>17956671
ide been on a lads outing for the weekend and took some "recreational chemicals" with me,ide sampled the goods on the friday evening and didnt sleep until about 9pm on the sunday,awake all friday night,travelled on the saturday morning,drinking doin chems on saturday night,got in at 6am on sunday morning needing smokes,walked the city for what felt like an hour,styaedin hotel bar till 12 (pick up time) got home about 3pm,felt like fuckin death and finally got my wired ass to sleep at 9pm..ide done about 3g of phet and a couple of pills..i was groggy the next day,then 3 days later ide had the most depressive suicidal state of mind ive ever encountered,i was fatigued,strung out,no appetite (i also hadnt eaten for over 36 or so hours) ide say about 50 hours or so awake...never again!!
>>
48 hours. I started seeing cum stains everywhere so I died
>>
>>17956671
When I was 12, I stayed up for 24 hours in a row because I just couldn't manage to fall asleep.
I skipped school the following day because I needed to sleep.
>>
>>17956671
50 hours. Felt like shit but couldn't sleep to save my life. Eventually had to take about 15 Tylenol PM to go to sleep. Was out for 3 days straight.
>>
probably around 20-22 hours
>>
I fell asleep on the fourth day. I'm not sure if it was sleep deprivation or the meth I was snorting the whole time but I felt insane from the third day onward. Some friends of mine claimed to have stayed up a few days longer than that.
>>
>>17956671
Sleep deprivation causes poor brain function because adenosine is released in the brain which starts blocking nerve endings. Basically you have poor brain function because more and more of your brain is literally shutting down (temporarily). Sleep will clear the adenosine molecules from the ends of the nerve cells. Caffeine will also block adenosine from attaching to the nerve endings, so if you are tired you can take a "coffee nap". Drink coffee and take a 20 minute nap. After 20 minutes the caffeine has taken affect and started blocking adenosine, and sleep has cleared away some adenosine, and 20 minutes is short enough to prevent you from hitting deep sleep. So you wake up feeling refreshed.
>>
>>17956671
Between 50-55 hours at some point. About a couple years ago I was used to stay up for over 30 hours in a row at least once a week, because of work. Sometimes I'd force myself a little more each time to see how the hallucination effect felt, but it's really weird to explain, it's not like being drunk or high at all.
>>
>>17957062
Interesting stuff. I don't really have any questions, but I knew the trainee Lovelace who just died in BUD/S a few months ago. I was in ship 04 with him back at great lakes, really great guy.
>>
>>17975295
Learn to eat when doing speed. you'd be surprised at the difference it makes
>>
>>17960517
>sings of fatige
Go to sleep, anon
>>
A week. But that's because I used to slam meth when I was17.
>>
>>17960376
I know that feels, bro. One day with no sleep, I do feels like stab someone to death. The irritation, just a negative energy spiralling inside. I've done shrooms too. Luckily never got to the bad side of the trip.
>>
File: chuggo.jpg (36KB, 626x286px) Image search: [Google]
chuggo.jpg
36KB, 626x286px
72 hours, I thought I was turning into a schizophrenic. I was having conversations with myself in my own head, it felt like there was someone else. I also kept seeing shit and jumping. Not a good time.
>>
108 hours. At first you start hallucinating. Then there are times your brain goes under microsleep and just shuts down momentarily.
>>
>>17977202
Conversations with yourself is called thinking.
>>
>>17969086
>5 1/2 days
>13yo
do you have any bad effect from this today?
>>
>>17956671
2 and a half days.
dreaming while your awake is as cool as it is scary.
>>
>>17973878
>>>17972119
>What is a registred sleep tech?

A high school dropout.

>Stay in skool, kids.
>>
>>17976074
Sleep deprivation does something to increase our perception of the world beyond our usual senses -- or perhaps more appropriately, sleep rebuilds our "blinders" or veil between our usual perception and the extrasensory worlds.
>>
File: 1452358751800.png (133KB, 236x255px) Image search: [Google]
1452358751800.png
133KB, 236x255px
inb4 druggie
inb4 cheater

Ever two weeks or so I get a gram of meth off DNM. High qualty (thank you cartel) and will put me up for 3 nights, easy. I try not to push more than that.

Shit can get fucking weird very quickly. The excess dopamine and norepinephrine released from the meth doesn't help either.

>fuck off shadow people
>>
File: MadManTesla.png (25KB, 1352x165px) Image search: [Google]
MadManTesla.png
25KB, 1352x165px
I am too tired to search more but i remember reading quite a bit about Tesla's sleep deprivation and the effects it had. It was definitely some conspiracy shit but it was still interesting
>>
Surprised no one's talked about his yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_familial_insomnia

It's a rare genetic disorder that prevents people from achieving REM sleep cycles. There was a short, TV documentary about it a few years ago but I can't remember what it was called.

>One of the most notable cases is that of Michael (Michel A.) Corke, a music teacher from New Lenox, Illinois (born in Watseka, Illinois). He began to have trouble sleeping before his 40th birthday in 1991; following these first signs of insomnia, his health and state of mind quickly deteriorated as his condition worsened. Eventually, sleep became completely unattainable, and he was soon admitted to University of Chicago Hospital with a misdiagnosis of clinical depression due to multiple sclerosis. Medical professionals Dr Raymond Roos and Dr Anthony Reder, at first unsure of the nature of his illness, initially diagnosed multiple sclerosis; in a bid to provide temporary relief in the later stages of the disease, physicians induced a coma with the use of sedatives, to no avail as his brain still failed to shut down completely. Corke died in 1993, a month after his 42nd birthday, by which time he had been completely sleep-deprived for six months.

>One person was able to exceed the average survival time by nearly one year with various strategies, including vitamin therapy and meditation, using different stimulants and hypnotics and even complete sensory deprivation in an attempt to induce sleep at night and increase alertness during the day. He managed to write a book and drive hundreds of miles in this time but nonetheless, over the course of his trials, the person succumbed to the classic four-stage progression of the illness.
>>
>>17956671
I can't go longer than a day and a half without sleep. I've tried in my old NEET days and just couldn't do it. I love sleeping way too much.
>>
>>17956671
105 hours or so. I was 19 and I got a severe case of chickenpox and my blisters were so huge and painful that I couldn't find any way to sleep. I felt like I was in a bed of nails all the time. I tried doing it standing up but as soon as I started to doze off I begun to fall so I had to drop it. In the end I just settle for staying awake and doing shit until my blisters dryed and they didn't hurt so much.
>>
>>17956671
Featured this thread in the /x/ recap!

>>17978834

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Ghu2AvBMM
>>
~50h, no real reason to my recollection. Was unemployed and had just accidentally stayed up two nights straight playing video games and reading stuff on the internet. Fell asleep at 3 pm or something the third day trying to watch Golden Compass. Literally was unable to fight it anymore.

Disappointingly no hallucinations :(
>>
>>17956671
TILL BROOKLYN!
>>
>>17978677
>browses /x/
>>
>>17979880
Feed that negative energy.
>>
You can hallucinate with as little as 18 hours without sleep you just have to go somewhere dark and unknown or somewhere with unpleasant memories/associations for you.
>>
5 days
I have mildish insomnia tho..
>>
>>17980991
Yeah buddy!
>>
I have a feeling everyone is exaggerating and underrating the benefits and consequences of sleep and lack thereof.
>>
>>17966122
This is a great idea
>>
>>17956671
Hello this Si from the unit, ok you're Not gonna believe it but my head is now your face, sorry for the incon bro... I will call you later, my mom is calling...

Fuckin kill your self
>>
>>17980038
Haha, that's cool.

>>17980104
Yeah I was going to but I am lazy. Pretty scary stuff.
>>
>>17956671
Like 2 days. I find it fun to point out that some of the qualifiers for certain military occupations (most notably special operations), you have to go through quite literally an entire week without sleep, and IF you happen to get it it would be maybe two hours at the most. Examples are the Navy SEALS, Marine Recon, and MARSOC.
>>
>>17958035
> meth head
> glass factory
holy fuck is that you, allen????
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.