[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens after you have a thought? I've tried to meditate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1448415826191.jpg (133KB, 971x606px) Image search: [Google]
1448415826191.jpg
133KB, 971x606px
What happens after you have a thought? I've tried to meditate on it but I still can't figure it out. Help me figure out the riddle /x/.
>>
>>17952912
>What happens after you have a thought?
I say it out loud and then everybody gets mad at me.
>>
>>17952972
That actually makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>17952912
You are the percieve of all of your thoughts. You watch them pass in front of you, and then another one presents itself and passes away. Then more come and fade away.

So, you witness the thoughts, rather than think then originally. You choose what to do with each thought. You can investigate thoughts , dwell on them, believe, accept or deny them, or just let any thought you have go
>>
>>17952912
i've never thought about this. My take is that, our brain creates physical representation of a mental problem, some sort of bio-chemical equation. Once we solve this equation though pondering, our brain finishes this bio-chemical reaction. The completion of this reaction causes the brain to release a chemical rewarding itself.
>>
it becomes a cloud
>>
>>17952912
Depends on what the thought is.

If you're thinking of something in reference, your brain uses known neuron networks to relate the thought to whatever may be closest. Ie: you look at a piece of bubblegum, and your mind brings fourth: sticky, bubbles, chewing, the taste, the smell, the texture, times of note you were chewing gum. This is knowledge.

If you're extrapolating, your brain networks into other similar devices that relateable. These are more "organic" thoughts that are manifested in reference but through the intent and is voluntary, whereas before the natural reference is instinctual and involuntary.Ie: other uses of gum, the composition of gum, where did gum come from, etc. This is wisdom.

Finally, you have what is closest to pure organic thoughts. These thoughts are typically not in reference in of themselves but often the follow-up thoughts are references. This state is not usually sustained and typically generates more reference points for future thoughts. Ie: why do I want gum, what will this gum do for me, how much gum do I have left, should I use this now or save it for later, etc. This is awareness/perception.
>>
>>17952972
That was a good laugh, thanks anon
>>
>>17953229
Basically:

Raw experience (information) ----(observed)----> Knowledge ----(observed)----> Wisdom ----(observed)----> Perception/Awareness

Which then reinforces/bolsters the first process of observing raw information, repeating.
>>
Top quality post anon, keep it up
>>
>>17953229
Except that's not what happens when I look at a piece of bubblegum. The only thing my mind brings forth is the flavor, if that. Saying that some abstract neural network "activates" when you look at gum is nonsensical anti-intuitive reasoning. Your model doesn't seem to relate to actual psychology at all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.