[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is wrong with me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Hi /x/

For the past three weeks, I have not felt like myself. I have felt off since I got into a car accident in the end of June. I was not injured but something hasn't felt right since.

I've started to almost feel like I'm not really living life, like I don't know how to explain it but the world seems like fake, or I feel like I'm watching everything occur. I have had substantial amounts of anxiety and paranoia lately. I feel like the world is ending, I feel as if I am being watched or followed, I am terrified to do anything now. I feel like things are trying to contact me, like almost as if spirits or aliens or other beings are just trying to talk to me. I also overanalyze and think about everything, it's becoming intolerable because my brain is constantly racing.

I constantly have the urge to kill myself or hurt myself or do something dangerous. Because I have felt like this I have abused pills for the past week and I have been in a drugged-stupor for a few days because I just want to stop thinking. I feel like a shell of myself. I am constantly miserable and I feel empty and lonesome.

I don't know what is going on, I just want to be normal and feel how I used to. I don't like being this way. I am terrified I am losing my mind and I am going to kill myself because of it. I'm just seeking some advice or some help or anything really it would just be nice to be able to talk about what is going on with some people.
>>
lol ur fat m8
>>
Your just trippin mate. I was also in a car accident a couple months ago, and have those same signs you're having. But, it didn't change me, or cause brain damage (i don't think). Im pretty sure it just showed me how much i've already accepted death. I assume your the same. For whatever reason, we've subconsciously come to the conclusion that we have no reason to live - either because our brain recognizes the price for improvement (in our lives) is too hight, or the impact has desensitized your fears of death and your now ready to accept it.
>>
>>17952780
Probably an undiagnosed concussion, and subsequent brain-bleed, has rewired your brain just a little bit (but enough and in a specific area to alter your personality).
>>
>>17952780
You seem to have experienced a near-death experience. While not actually having to be near-death, your mind has formed a small amount of PTSD, which is causing all new information to be related to your accident.

In this state your mind, while relating everything subconsciously to the PTSD of the accident, is negatively reinforcing this by "opening" your consciousness. This is why you're feeling these new emotions, sensations of being watched, and different tendencies than normal.

What you have to do is confront the PTSD which is a lot more difficult than I can explain to you. You have to find the "crack" so to say in your mind and start to mend it. Time, usually, does this for us.

I'll use this metaphor: imagine a large earth mound that symbolizes your mind. An earthquake happens (the accident). Fractures form in the mound, making the mound fundamentally the same yet distinctly different. Typically, with time, the "weather" of your consciousness and experiences will fill these fractures over, rebuilding the mound. But, in your case, you're "stuck" on the fracture, emphasizing it, and digging it deeper and deeper.

You need a mental release, something to "reset" the system. Perhaps some adrenaline-inducing events like skydiving, racing in a course, paintballing, etc., will get you going.

Meditation can help but, honestly, if you don't know what you're fixing, meditation may just make you more irritable and give you a sense of helplessness.

Psychedelics and entheogens could help but it's a double edged sword. Perhaps they'll shine light on the problem, or perhaps they'll form a cave for you to fall further into.
>>
Mild TBI and possibly PTSD. Stop drugs, they're only going to make things worse.
>>
>>17952780

You might have something displaced in your neck or elsewhere in your spine. When they're out of proper alignment, your sensory perception can get all KINDS of out of whack, because it affects your central nervous system. In all seriousness, find yourself a good chiropractor to fix it and you'll feel as good as new.
>>
Procure a professional medical diagnosis and ignore every amateur diagnosis you read here.

As embarrassing as it may feel to admit to a doctor, these symptoms are very common in head trauma. You need to rule out the possibility that physical trauma is present as soon as possible. Once you do that, you can find a way to heal intrinsically.
>>
>>17952780

sounds like depersonalization. It can happen after a traumatic event. You're quite literally still shook up over what happened.

Just try to relax and do things you normally love.
>>
>>17952780
That sounds like extreme depression. I went through something similar. Try taking probiotics to rebalance your gut biome. It worked for me.
>>
>>17952780
Dp/dr dont listen to anything else
>>
>>17952780
I had these same feelings, I even told my doctor I could no longer live like this. He gave me a high dose of SSRI's and a lifetime xanax script.

I developed a problem w/ abusing xanax, but I haven't felt the way you described in the OP since.

>felt like I was living outside of my body
>like I was drunk 24/7
>couldn't really even hold a conversation

He said it sounded like a depersonalization disorder.

Look it up, maybe we had the same things.
>>
>>17955549
I'm this guy. Didn't read the replies in the thread before posting.. everyone seems to think the same things.
>>
>be me @ 22 years old
>roomie brings his cousin over to visit
>first time meeting this guy
>guy gets too stoned and has to go lay down
>comes out 20 minutes later screaming something about a presence in the room
>friends and I side eye and forget about it.
>'weird'
>Next day, be me, sitting on couch, doing my thing
>suddenly overwhelmed by intense fear, terror, dread.
>go into room to lay down and try to relax
>end up writhing in existential agony, convinced I am going to die
>feel something 'pulling' on my forehead and on my chest, like something is trying to remove my soul
>desperately beg in my mind to not take me, I have a dog that loves me very much, I'm her whole world, I can't leave her.
>spend next month in dissociative state. Everything is just a cardboard cut out.
>in reality, but not experiencing reality
>month goes by, and I have a vivid dream. first one since i was a kid
>in dream, trying to get a large pack of dogs to get off of the busy freeway
>wake up to sound of glass breaking and dogs screaming at 3am
>feel absolutely hollow the next day
>friend we hadn't seen in a long time surprises us, at the door with no warning. let him in.
>tells us he watched his dog run away and get hit by a car while he was chasing him down
>speeds like a bat out of hell to get dog to emergency vet
>dog can't be saved. is euthanized at 3am
>my jaw drops
>I tell him my dream
>forget what he said but after that day I felt like a normal human again

I don't have a specific answer for you, but I have been there. Best I can describe it is it's like your soul is out of phase with your mind and body, and needs something to bring it back into alignment.

I would seek a medium or shaman.
>>
>>17953268
you might find this interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa6luDHx-cw
>>
>>17955755
''soul'' lmao
>>
>>17956092
i hope someone laughs in your face the next time ur convinced ur dying

cant wait for summer break to be over and the tweens can get the fuck out of here
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.