[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep paralysis stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: spock.png (301KB, 637x471px) Image search: [Google]
spock.png
301KB, 637x471px
The only kinds I've experienced were only sound like, nothing visual. Let's get some spoop goin
>>
I've experienced it maybe 3 or 4 times.

One time there were tall, thin, figures standing in the corners of my room wearing long flowing hooded robes with their arms outstretched. Seems terrifying but it felt very peaceful and I wasn't scared at the time.

Then another time a shadowy figure sat in between my legs and started to slowly pull off all of my blankets. That was fucking terrifying.
>>
Experienced it once recently.
>Live with gf and her mom and twin sister.
>Cousins come visit for 2 weeks
>They plan on working in room next to ours one morning.
>tell them to wake me up so i can help.
>Next morning half asleep hear drilling and voices in next room
>Ohshittheyalreadystarted.gif
>Try to wake myself up
>Asleep on side facing wall
>Hear door open and footsteps
>Cousin talking to me asking to use the bathroom.
>Trying to turn around and look at him but only head moves and eyes fluttering and can't see
>Tell him sure go ahead
>Few seconds later get up and get dressed
>No one in next room and nothing touched
>Go outside and cousin barely getting in truck to buy supplies
>Ask if he went into room,
>Says just woke up and is going to store.
>Realize i experienced sleep paralysis
>>
>>17952563
I experience sleep paralysis regularly, but I experience it in my dream. So it's like I'm in a dream within a dream, and I can't move. What's always weird is, I can shout for help, for someone to come in and wake me up.

But since I'm shouting to be woken up in a dream, as opposed to real life, they never come.
>>
>>17952563
Took me a long time to finally come across the term "sleep paralysis". I was reading a book called Hallucinations by Dr. Oliver Sachs and there was a chapter devoted to it. I seriously thought there was something mentally wrong with me. I hate even rethinking these experiences.

Got to light a cigarette typing this one out.

>Sometime summer 2015
>Living with my friend, his girlfriend and my girlfriend of the time
>Life is extremely stressful for a multitude of reasons
>Stress is a huge trigger of sleep paralysis for me
>It's 2AM, girlfriend works till around 5AM
>Drifting off on the couch while facing the hallway that leads to the front door
>The intense static feeling that accompanies sleep paralysis begins to creep up
>Too far gone into sleep to snap myself out in time
>I hear the front door open
>"It must be 5AM" I think
>No sound of door closing or movement
>I hear the front door open
>There's somebodie already in the room
>I hear the front door open >Ohshititssleepparalysisagain.bmp occurs to me
>The front door slams shut
>My ears ring with that feeling of static
>There's somebody poking out of the hallway
>It looks like a persons head looking directly at me
>It moves choppy and out of sync, like a VHS tape that skips
>I hear that fucking front door open and now quickly slam shut
>I remember again its sleep paralysis
>A person walks out from the hallway
>This person is in my room, he's staring and I am terrified
>Feel strong wave of static
>I don't see it, but something is behind me
>Something was lying behind me on the couch
>Someone was with me on that couch

And then I shook myself awake, out of breath and terrified. Even recalling this story brings back that fear. I got up and locked the front door, fell asleep, and awoke hours later to my angry girlfriend whom I locked out of the house for half an hour.
>>
>>17953232
>she didnt have a key
>keeping your front door unlocked at night

what the fuck are u trying to get killed?
>>
>>17952563

>live across the street from a construction site
>they are demolishing some old house that was gutted by fire
>for some reason they only work at night
>Not a goddamn clue why they would only work at night. They must have been Illuminati
>Use these huge spotlights on the site
>one of them shines directly into my bedroom window
>bright af light + sound of construction vehicles causes me sleep paralysis
>reminds me of those flashback scenes from the original terminator movie

sorry, not too scary but that's what it was
>>
This has happened to me many times but the first time was the worst. I was watching tv late one night forcing myself to stay awake the next thing i notice is a shadow person standinf in the corner of my room. I attempted to move and of course nothing world so me and shadow person have a staring contest for a few minutes then he is standing up above me and then i feel a force come around my neck and begin to choke me. The force around my neck was horribly tight and seemed to last forever i just laid there with a shadow person above me choking the living fuck out of me for what seemed like a a couple of minutes. Then boom i woke up thinking what in the fuck. Freaking shit actually i hate SP when i feel i cant breath happened a few times now.
>>
luckily I've never had the paralasis part but quite a bit over the last few years I've been waking up and seeing figures in the corner or down the hall, always staring at me. I'm a really light sleeper so I always jump the fuck up immediately and the dark figure fades away as my eyes adjust. Only ever lasts a second but even that is nearly enough to shit myself. Seriously, sleep paralysis is one of my biggest fears.
>>
I was at AIT for Military Police in the Army. We had heard numerous stories about the barracks being haunted, as well as a couple of us (including me) having our own experiences there with the place being haunted. Point is, shit was haunted. Maybe this was sleep paralysis, or maybe ghosts fucking with me - who knows.

I woke up in the middle of the night laying in a bunk. Like any case, I couldn't move. But I could see and hear everything around me. Out of the corners of my eyes I could see shadowy figures moving around, watching me. I squinted my eyes a bit so it would look like they were closed, but open enough so I could still see the figures without them knowing my eyes were open. They kept talking about me, whispering my name. Anything else they said I couldn't make out/don't remember. At some point they started getting closer so I closed my eyes, trying to fall back asleep. The voices got very close to me but I refused to open my eyes.

I guess at some point I fell asleep and/or woke back up sweating. Pretty freaky. Only time it has happened to me.
>>
I don't get it, everyone else has these horrifying bouts of SP and the spoopy shadow men, but when I get it, I experience nothing save for just no movement and I just breathe heavy till I wake up, and then either get up for a minute, or if I'm extra tired I just go back to sleep and right back into it then wake up for real. How come I don't get these totally rad things? :^(
>>
listen /x/, i mever visited nor have i ever posted here before cuz i think you are all fucking attention seeking whoring faggots.

but i had today because ive been experiencing SP for awhile. In fact I experience them at least once a week now and its fucking messing my head. i want this stop.

i want this shit to stop because every time i go through sp i get vibrations. sometimes so severe it hurts but i cant do shit about it.
i tried wiggling my toes and fingers to wake up but even thinking or trying to do said action intesifies the vibrations.

im sick of SP because i always get a sense of impending doom and then when i wake up i get fucking paranoid.

please please just... someone please tell me how to stop this phenomena.

im not interested in outer body experiences, im not interested in all this faggy paranormal shit, i just wanna fall asleep without worry.
>>
>>17955127
Yeah man that vibrating static feeling is fucking weird, huh?

You just got to be aware of what triggers it man. The position you're in, the things you think about falling asleep...

Or you're fucked sorry bruh
>>
>>17955127
They having a nap after you lunch and get sleep at regular hours for more time.
Also, if you have a very stressful life try exercising more and meditating.
SP usually happens when you are exausted and not having enough sleep, also go check at a doctor if you have sleep apnea.
>>
>>17955708
>Then try having a nap
Also, depression increases chances of SP
>>
>>17952563
>>17952563
only experienced it once and it convinced me of hard determinism before I knew that was a thing

>be me
>13 years old (8 years ago)
>laying on my back
>wake up
>can't move my muscles at all
>only my eyes
>start panicking
>close my eyes and pray (I was fairly average catholic at the time)
>open eyes
>see small screen-like images floating around my field of view
>I recognize about 6 of them as things I can recall
>see a few more that logically happened to me but can't remember due to age
>see at least 30 that feel familiar but involve people I've never met in places I've never seen
>look around in pure shock
>see one that involves a girl I know but as I've never seen her
>try to focus on it
>head launches forward and images disappear
>back to normal

to this day I'm convinced I glanced into own timeline
>>
i've experienced it a few times; mostly in my youth. a recurring theme is the.. entrance? the figure is tall as fuck, and sort of blurry. most of the dream is it walking, looking for me. like, i hear it come up the steps slowly until i see the door open.
>>
I had sleep paralysis once.

In this state i saw images of people i know and one of the images came to me literally infront of my face.
it was an old ruined house,i think i saw her somewhere but not sure,also i see smoke coming and obscuring the image somehow.it stood infront of my face for like 10 mins an i memorized it quite well.
i woke up and fall back to sleep.
in the morning i talked to my gf about it and just forgot.
3 days later my uncle dies and when i went to his house for the funeral i stood on his porch smoking a cigg and when i looked across the street,it was the ruined house from my SP,and smoke from my cigg kinda obscured my vision just like i the image i saw,i get insta terrified think this is just dejavu.
talk to gf and she said she remembers i talked about SP and this particular image.

what happend?did i see the future?
was it only ayy lmaos?
>>
>be me
>detasseling supervisor as summer job
>sleep deprived due to early hours
>have to get up at about 4-4:30 AM each day
>rarely get 6 hours of sleep a day
>sleeping one night
>all of a sudden I feel stuck
>can't tell if it's a dream or real
>can't see anyone, but I can feel a presence outside my house looking into the window
>freak out and try to run and grab a weapon, but can't as I am stuck
>suddenly I am able to move
>can't tell if I woke up or was awake and just became unparalyzed
>nothing is trying to kill me
>sigh of relief
>>
Mine can be both auditory and visual.

Me, teenager, never heard of sleep paralysis
>hear loud slam in room
>look up, see fog with faces above me
>it's also screaming, because why wouldn't it be
>vanishes after what feels like several minutes
I had tried a nose spray for allergies that night and was convinced it had given me a hallucination.

Me, 20s. Know of sleep paralysis but don't think I have it
>wake up and see a man at the foot of my bed
>well, the floating torso of a man; he has no legs
>he vanishes quickly, doesn't seem malicious like that fog

Me, 20s. Suspicious I have sleep paralysis
>hear loud whispering in the apartment common area outside my room
>notice I can't move, I'm prepared this time and know not to open my eyes
>somehow get the realization the voices have noticed me listening
>voices move closer and closer until they are right by my face
>endure creepy whispers in my face until I wake up

Turns out my mom had sleep paralysis around my age, which may explain a lot. She used to see floating hooded figures, even after blinking a few times. Neither of us get sleep paralysis unless we sleep on our backs, which I rarely ever did and now actively avoid doing
>>
>>17952598
Was it a hallucination or were your blankets actually pulled off?
>>
I've had dreams where I wanted to forcefully say something and could barely make a sound because it was like my lungs were completely empty of air.
>>
>>17953197
I experience sleep paralysis regularly too since I hitted my teens.
By this point I learned to live with it, to the point I even know when its going to happen because I feel a kind of chest ''pressure'' before I fall asleep.
It usually starts with this void feeling and most of the time I hear this really really loud scream of a man in my ears, its so loud that hurts. I stopped trying to scream or move, when it happens I close my ''eyes'' shut and wait for it to pass like it always does because I'm still to much of a pussy to open them and see whats going on because I saw horrible things before, the shadow man, the man watching me sleep or some woman weeping beside my bed.

Not long ago I challenged myself to open my eyes and watch everything util the paralysis stopped, it began with something like an animal something larger than a dog stepping on me, then I felt someonne sitting in my bed, I grew balls and opened my eyes, some ''woman'' I guess was sitting there dressed in white altough I only saw her shoulders and head, she was wearing something like a ski mask but with no holes, her face was covered completely but I could feel her stare.
I couldn't bear it and shut my eyes until it passed.
>>
>>17952563
Not sleep paralysis, but I hallucinate while my brain comes back online after I wake up.
>be me
>sleep in bed
>super far north and winter so entire house is pitch black
>wake up for some reason at around 1 am
>as sound processing comes back online i realize that there's super loud whispering of many voices from under me
>literally freak the fuck out because i'm half asleep and don't realize that i'm hallucinating
>scramble to turn the lights on
>soon as the light is on the whispering stops
>>
>>17958476
Also cont
>be me
>a few nights ago
>sleeping
>wake up at midnight or so
>while i begin to process noises again i realize that there's some noise coming from the wall by my headboard
>it's some sort of dull sound like cloth or a limb or something brushing against the other side of the wall
>live with roommate, figure theyre being a dick because it's their bedroom
>"could whoever is brushing against the wall please stop"
>doesnt stop but slows down in timing
>freaked out suddenly because i realize that the brushing is coming in perfect rhythmic timing
>get up to turn lights on
>"PLEASE STOP BRUSHING AGAINST THE WALL"
>it stops for like five seconds
>starts again but this time it's the sound of nails scratching the other side of the wall
>shit.png
>am really panicked now
>"STOP THAT"
>it stops
>i don't leave my room until the morning

asked roommate later and he said that he didn't hear anything. his bed is on the opposite side of the room that the wall is on, so it wasn't him moving in his sleep. i'm still unsure whether or not it was a hallucination because it kept happening long after i was fully lucid
>>
A couple of years ago I had my first and only (So far) experience with SP.
I was laying on my side in my bed, which was a queen so it was a bit large for one person. Suddenly I felt this rustling in the covers behind me, as if someone was getting into my bed with me. I got this horrible creeping feeling that if I moved even the slightest bit I would die. I even slowed my breathing for what felt like at least twenty minutes. Eventually it just passed and I fell asleep.
>>
Guys...I dreamed of demons the other night...I had sleep paralysis like 5 times that night. In my dream I'm not scared of them..I try my best to look then in the eye and tell them I hate them and to leave me alone. Then this one demon got behind me and started fucking my ass and I could actually feel it. Help, could it be that an Incubus is haunting me? I've had trouble sleeping the past few nights
>>
>>17953197
>it's like I'm in a dream within a dream
This is the type of sleep paralysis i experience too, though rarely
>>
File: spoopy.jpg (31KB, 1020x677px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy.jpg
31KB, 1020x677px
>>17952563
This was months ago:
>Trying to fall asleep
>start dreaming of school or w/e i don't remember
>low banging sound
>it's nothing
>3 banging noises this time louder
>wtf my dad must be hitting the wall
>whatever it's nothing
>banging stops
>half asleep dream picks up again
>3 more bangs sounds like gunshots from outside
>wtf.jpg
>my dream fades to nothing because i'm waiting for more banging
>full minute of silence
>fucking gunshot right next to me
>eyes bolt open
>see a silhouette of a man with a shotgun
>start REEEEEEEEEEing
>kicking and screaming
>silhouette disappears quickly
>my dad and sis check on me
>dad admits to only hitting the wall once
>>
>>17955785
5D fags [like in Interstellar] might have been fucking with you
>>
File: picview_tmp1469355020210.jpg (7KB, 125x94px) Image search: [Google]
picview_tmp1469355020210.jpg
7KB, 125x94px
>>17958474
>like an animal something larger than a dog stepping on me
That's exactly what i saw in the sleep paralysis that i can clearly remember. But then that dog hopped/skipped away out of sight. I was scared to death though and couldn't sleep for a few mins
>>
>maye like 4 years back
>get home from school
>lay down for a nap
>about an hour into the nap I realize I'm in paralysis
>open my eyes
>black figure is laying on the floor twitching violently
>some silent Hill shit
>close my eyes and begin trying to pull myself out of paralysis
>>
File: 1446452160950.png (145KB, 356x333px) Image search: [Google]
1446452160950.png
145KB, 356x333px
>>17952563

I've experienced sleep paralysis dozens of times

It's mostly an exact replica of my room and me laying in bed. I can look around, but I cannot move. Occasionally, I've had people I know come in to talk to me and walk away, but when I yell for them to wake me up, they don't because they're not actually there.

After experiencing it so many times, I've become far quicker to realize that I'm dreaming. Now whenever I experience it, it's not that hard to wake myself up. Occasionally, I'll have ones where I'm stuck halfway in a hole or someplace that I cannot move or get help despite my desperate screams for help.

The worst have fortunately been the rarest. In one, there's this big fucking spider hanging from a web in my room. It's spinning around and around, each time it's getting closer to my face. I wake up before it reaches me, however, when I woke up I hallucinated spiders on my wall.

An odd one was a cat and mouse biting at my feet, it actually hurt, but I couldn't move. When I woke up I briefly saw a mouse running away on my bed, but it faded away while it was running and I just hallucinated it.

Lastly, I had one where a girl was staring at me by my bedside. She didn't say a word. When I woke up, she was still briefly there beside me before fading away. I was a bit sad because I've never had a cute girl my age in my room before. I thought that I'd finally get laid, but she left. She couldn't even at least hug me before fading away? Fucking roastie dream girl toying with me. Even the girls in my dreams hate me.
>>
One time, I had one of those feverish dreams, the kind that has you feeling weak, numb, and powerless, the kind of dream that makes you want to wake up.
I think I willed myself into waking up. I was lying on my left side, and I was facing the wall, at a distance of maybe 15-20cm.
When I opened my eyes, it wasn't in a groggy fashion, slowly blinking until I was aware of my surroundings. My eyes opened wide, and instantaniously. And when they did, I was staring at the dark gray of the wall, and a human-sized skull, staring back at me. It seemed to protrude out of the wall.
I stared at it, and I wanted to scream, but I couldn't.
I wanted to get away from it, but I couldn't.
It kept staring at me, and I could not close my eyes or move at all. and then, all of a sudden, the numbness wore off, and I felt my body begin to power up, untill I managed to actually blink. When I opened my eyes again, the skull was gone. I felt cold, so cold, even though it was sometime during the summer. I also had goosebumps for about 10 minuntes.
>>
>>17952563
I have sleep paralysis pretty frequently. The first time it happened was when I was around 4 or 5
>trying to fall asleep in parents' room
>pretty late in the night
>see a dark hooded figure with red eyes slowly coming to the room
>it was pretty small actually, around 120 cms
>it stopts and stares directly into my eyes then runs behind the wardrobe (there is a 2cm gap between the wardrobe and the wall)
>I scream, parents awake, dad looks behind the wardrobe, there is nothing
The next I can remember is later, when I was 7 or 8.
>lying on my back, I still live in parents' room
>suddenly I can't move
>am extremely loud voive screams "I'LL BREAK YOUR RIBS" into my ear (it sounds way scarier in my mother language, though the meaning is the same)
>I try to yell, no sound comes out
>a few seconds later I can finally yell as loud as I can, my parents almost shit themselves
>I explain that I had a bad dream
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 1600x1600px
>>17959635
The hoodd figure looked just like this, except being way scarier.
One of my weirdest experiences happened around the age of 10-11, when I haven't had this vibrating feeling and I haven't noticed being unable to move, but as I tried to fall asleep I saw a small, fairy-like shape jump from one of my shelves to the top of my door, then jumping down to the darkness. It was really odd.
A few years after I realized that this mostly happens to me when I'm sleeping on my back, so I completely stopped sleeping on my back. Because of this now I'm technically unable to sleep on my back, I almost always have a sleep paralysis when I do it and I wake up with extreme dizzyness next morning which lasts the entire day. So I simply avoid it. Even my body doesn't like that position now.
Though I still have SPs fairly frequently, mostly when I'm stressed, then I have one each weak, normally I have around once a month. It always starts the same, I start feeling the vibration, if I'm quick I just shake my head and try to fall asleep again. If it catches me, I can't move and the worst possible shit happens. I can see and hear what I wish. Of course I have this extreme fear of death the entire time, so I always experience the most scary fucking things my mind can even come up with. It's a wild ride and it lasts long.
During the dozens of occasions I developed a technique, despite the immobilization I can wiggle myself a little bit, and my girlfriend knows what this means sho she immediately wakes me up.
The most interesting thing is that I seem to be experiencing time on an entirely different scale. When I start wiggling, my gf wakes me up after what seems to be 5-10 seconds, but she always tells me that I was shaking for minutes when she woke up and noticed what's going on.
I have plenty of experience on this topic, feel free to ask anything.
>>
>>17952563
>be me 2 years ago (20 years old)
>my bedroom had a huge window, but it faced a small courtyard enclosed by the rest of the apartment building
>so I always left the courtains open, anyways the window was sealed and cannot be opened
>usually I was really tired after work so went to bed early
>one night around 3 am I woke up because of a weird sound
>but I was paralized, cannot open my eyes or scream for help (kinda useless since I was liviing alone)
>then I heard the sound again. It was the sound of wings, like a trapped bird inside a cage
>I cannot see the origin of that sound, but to me it sounded like a big, trapped bird trying to escape my room
>I got more and more desperate about not being able of opening my eyes or mouth
>I was forcing myself to open my eyes and mouth
>with all the strenght I had I finally opened my eyes, thinking that a huge bird entered throught the sealed window
>there wasn't a bird. my room was empty and the window was still stuck
>>
>>17955127

For me it helps to sleep on your side and not on your back. Also try to be active during the day and limit alcohol/nicotine/caffeine intake before bed.

Also if it happens anyway try not to panic and start fighting it, just relax and remember its not dangerous (easier said then done i know) and you will most likely drift of to sleep.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.