[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /x/ Files, Issue Thirty-Seven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: all-seeing-eye.png (7KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
all-seeing-eye.png
7KB, 400x300px
Greetings, and welcome to The /x/ Files, the weekly news digest for 4chan's Paranormal board. Every Sunday, we take a quick snapshot of the mysterious world around us and bring it, in an easily readable magazine format, to the board. I am The Editor, the anonymous creator of this idea and collector of the news that will be following below. In the interests of legitimacy, I will be using a secure tripcode to post the thread; once the posts are completed, I will take the tripcode off and return to my anonymity.

This week, we've got atomic data, Connecticut vampires, Babylonian calculus, and ancient Americans, along with all the regular bits, in Issue 37 of The /x/ Files!

Table of Contents:

1: Paranormal News of the Week
2: Paranormal Articles of the Week
3: Radio Show Roundup
4: Paranormal Podcasts
5: Editor's Note
>>
Paranormal News of the Week

Scientists achieve atom-sized data storage

Today's largest consumer hard drives can store up to 10 terabytes of data, but now in a new paper published on Monday, scientists have described a method of atomic storage that could make it possible to store up to 500 times more data per square inch than today's hard drives. The technique involves creating 8x8 blocks of chlorine atoms with each pair of missing (or filled in) atoms representing a single bit ( either a 1 or 0 ) - the smallest unit of data in a computer.

The concept was tested by storing the text of a classic lecture by scientist Richard Feynman.

"Once the memory was built, all read and write protocols were fully automated," said Associate Professor Sander Otte. "Also the building itself was mostly automated." While it is likely to be a long time yet before we will see atomic hard drives in the shops, this fascinating new technology holds the potential to increase available disk space exponentially.

Full Story: http://mashable.com/2016/07/18/atomic-memory-study-nature/
>>
16,000 Year Old Tools Discovered in Texas

About a half-hour north of Austin and a meter deep in water-logged silty clay, archaeologists in Texas thought they’d made an important discovery in the 1990s, when they unearthed a trove of stone tools dating back 13,000 years, revealing traces of the oldest widespread culture on the continent. But then, years later, they made an even more powerful find in the same place — another layer of artifacts that were older still. Researchers have uncovered evidence of human occupation dating back as much as 16,700 years, including fragments of human teeth and more than 90 stone tools.

The location in Texas where the finds were made, known as the Gault site, was first identified in the 1920's; it wasn’t until the 1990's that archaeologists discovered the first tools, like tapered-oval spear heads, that were clear signs of the ancient Clovis culture, whose distinctively shaped stone tools found across North America have consistently been dated to about 13,000 years ago. Indeed, an entire generation of anthropologists was taught that Clovis represented the continent’s first inhabitants.

But here, at a spot named Area 15, the researchers first found a few more stone tools fashioned in the signature Clovis style. But several centimeters below that, an abundance of new material appeared — including human teeth. Within this same, deep, older-than-Clovis layer of sediment, the researchers unearthed yet another compelling find — more than 90 stone tools, fashioned in a style that clearly wasn’t Clovis.

Full Story: http://westerndigs.org/16000-year-old-tools-discovered-in-texas-among-the-oldest-yet-found-in-the-west/
>>
Paranormal Article of the Week

The Jewett City Vampires

Every town has its mysteries, but some places hold secrets far more bizarre than others. Take Jewett City, Connecticut, a small city that’s home to 3500 people...and a handful of vampires.

The tale of the Jewett City Vampires began in the middle of the 1800s, but was chalked up as nothing more than a folk tale. Then, in the early 90s, some local kids made a startling discovery that changed all that. Two boys from the nearby town of Hopeville were sliding down a gravel bank when they noticed they had kicked up some strange, round objects with their feet. Those objects turned out to be skulls.

Read the Full Story: http://weekinweird.com/2016/07/16/the-vampire-graves-of-jewett-city-the-legend-of-connecticuts-undead-blood-sucking-vampire-family/
>>
Babylonians Used Advanced Calculus Techniques

Analysis of an ancient codebreaking tablet has revealed that Babylonian astronomers had calculated the movements of Jupiter using an early form of geometric calculus some 1,400 years before we thought the technique was invented by the Europeans. This means that these ancient Mesopotamian astronomers had not only figured out how to predict Jupiter’s paths more than 1,000 years before the first telescopes existed, but they were using mathematical techniques that would form the foundations of modern calculus as we now know it.

This startling discovery very nearly fell through the cracks. The translated tablet is one among hundreds excavated in the 19th century, with archaeologists and anthropologists working tirelessly for a hundred years, trying to decode them.

Astroarcheologist Matthieu Ossendrijver of Humboldt University in Berlin came upon the discovery by accident, while looking at a previously unstudied text on Jupiter. For years he came up with nothing, until 2014 when an expert on ancient Assyrians showed him some photographs of tablets stored at the British Museum in London. Among them was something akin to the Rosetta Stone, as it turned out a year later: barely two or three inches in diameter, the little chipped piece called Text A (or BN 40054) showed markings that resembled an abbreviation for a technique that was strangely familiar to Ossendrijver. He was amazed to discover it was the trapezoid procedure – something the English thought they had invented hundreds of years later, in plague-ridden Europe, around the year 1350.

Full Story: http://phys.org/news/2016-01-babylonian-astronomers-position-jupiter-geometric.html
>>
File: Coast.png (200KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Coast.png
200KB, 512x512px
Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

Monday: Alternative Health/Demonology

In the first half, Dr. Joel Wallach discussed the human body, and its ability to benefit from natural supplements as opposed to the risky drugs prescribed by modern medicine. In the latter half, demonologist Adam Blai talked about exorcisms, demons, and spirit manifestations that can occur with activities like the Charlie game and Ouija boards.

Tuesday: Chipping & Privacy

In the first half, consumer privacy expert Katherine Albrecht discussed the latest news in the rapidly evolving field of chip technology, including wearable tech, and how the prospect of microchipping humans may become a foregone conclusion unless a movement of resistance is realized. Open Lines followed.

Wednesday: Technology Overload/Zecharia Sitchin's Legacy

In the first half, complexity scientist Samuel Arbesman addressed how our technological systems are becoming too advanced for human comprehension. In the latter half, M.J. Evans, Ph.D., a professor emeritus at SUNY Empire State College, spoke about the work of the late Zecharia Sitchin.

Thursday: Economic Predictions/Communing with Archangels

In the first half of the show, long-time stock market analyst Joe Meyer shared what he sees on the horizon for the rest of 2016 and beyond. In the latter half, Belinda Womack, who left her life as a stem cell researcher to focus on a spiritual path, recounted the story of the dramatic shift in her life, as well as the history of the 12 archangels, and how we can all tap into their wisdom and guidance.

Friday: Afterlife & NDEs

Author and filmmaker Rich Martini discussed his research into near-death experiences (NDEs) and the afterlife, a place he calls the flipside. Open Lines followed.
>>
File: Podcasts.jpg (182KB, 1054x1157px) Image search: [Google]
Podcasts.jpg
182KB, 1054x1157px
Paranormal Podcasts

Last Podcast on the Left: The Secret Space Program

We’re blowing the lid off the world’s best kept secret today on Last Podcast as we cover Operation Solar Warden, The Sphere Being Aliance, the mysterious being known as Valiant Thor, and, of course, the Nazis.

Link: http://cavecomedyradio.com/podcast-episode/the-secret-space-program/

Paranormal Podcast: The Enfield Poltergeist

Guy Lyon Playfair joins us to talk about the reality of the Enfield Poltergeist and how the role of the Warrens has been exaggerated, in his view.

Link: http://jimharold.com/the-enfield-poltergeist-paranormal-podcast-440/

The Paracast: July 24th, 2016

Gene and Chris present a special return appearance by Linda Godfrey, author of “Monsters Among Us: An Exploration of Otherworldly Bigfoots, Wolfmen, Portals, Phantoms, and Odd Phenomena.” If you’ve ever heard an inexplicable bump in the night, caught a glimpse of a strange-looking someone (or something?) out of the corner of your eye, or seen an unusual craft dart across the sky before it vanishes without a trace, there’s only one person to call. Linda is the author of numerous books that offer rare reporting on bigfoot, werewolves, strange energy forms, and other bizarre beings—explores the mystical, legendary, and scientific angles of these creatures . . . and the surprising secret portals and doorways some may use to enter our world.

Link: http://www.theparacast.com/

Mysterious Universe: 16.02

Danish photographers Tobias Markussen, Sara Galbiati, and Peter Eriksen join us this week to discuss their new book ‘Phenomenon‘. The critically acclaimed work, featuring 150 colour photos, explores the modern American UFO myth, as seen through the eyes of believers and witnesses.

Link: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/07/16-02-mu-podcast/
>>
Expanded Perspectives: The Patterson/Gimlin Film

On this episode of Expanded Perspectives the guys start the show talking about how the FBI said it is no longer investigating the mystery of D.B. Cooper. Then, could the new and popular app called Pokemon Go really be a government surveillance psyop project? Then, regenerative dental fillings that allow teeth to heal themselves have been developed by researchers, potentially eliminating the need for root canals. Then, a Tennessee witness at Memphis reported watching two V-shaped UFOs “hanging” in the sky over an interstate highway. After the break the guys get into one of the most popular videos ever recorded when it comes to Bigfoot. The Patterson/Gimlin film is a famous short motion picture of an unidentified subject the filmmakers said was a Bigfoot. The footage was shot in 1967, and has since been subjected to many authentication attempts. Several university based studies and professional evaluations have concluded the subject cannot possibly be a man in an ape suit; however, others have judged it to be a hoax.

Link: http://www.expandedperspectives.com/the-pattersongimlin-film/

Skeptoid: The Secret History of Majestic 12

These purported UFO documents changed the course of the culture of UFO belief.

Link: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4528

Astonishing Legends: The Coral Castle

Is it just a quirky rock sculpture garden, or a megalithic mystery that baffles engineers and scientists to this day? It seems to be both. How was a diminutive man in ill health able to accomplish such a monumental feat all by himself? Ed Leedskalnin, builder of the Coral Castle in Homestead, Florida would never say and he took the answer with him. We know of a few reasons why he made The Coral Castle his life’s work, but as for how he made it, we may never know.

Link: http://www.astonishinglegends.com/portfolio/ep041-the-coral-castle/
>>
Blurry Photos Podcast: Josef Mengele

The Davids put a microscope on one of history’s most notorious dealers of evil, Josef Mengele. Known for his time as a doctor at Auschwitz during WWII, Josef Mengele came to be called the Angel of Death for his role in atrocious experiments and control of people’s fates. Blurry Photos examine his life, including education, experiments, and what eventually happened to him. Was he truly the despicable fiend history knows him as? What was with his fascination of twins (and eyes)? Could there actually be a town in Brazil where he escaped to perform his twisted Nazi medicine and cause an unnatural rise in blue-eyed twins? Truth may be stranger and more terrifying than fiction in this history-packed episode!

Link: http://www.blurryphotos.org/ep-154-josef-mengele/

Bizarre States: The Matrix Rave

his week Jessica and Bowser talk about smoking human brain, the NASA live stream, and listener mail!

Link: http://nerdist.com/bizarre-states-92-the-matrix-rave/

The Higherside Chats Podcast: The Bock Saga, Hell, & Earth's Origins

Join The Higherside Chats as The Carlwood welcomes, Jim Chesnar, to discuss the Bock Saga, its deep relations to hell and the origins of the Earth. Enjoy the authentic ambiance as Jim, his rooster, and Greg dive into the deep end of the weird pool and do their best to wade through the dense body of esoteric knowledge passed down through the lineage of the family of Bock. Brace yourself.

Link: http://thehighersidechats.com/jim-chesnar-the-bock-saga-hell-earths-origins/

The Dark Myths Collective:

We are a group of podcasters dedicated to producing high quality and emotionally power-packed listening experiences. While our shows span the full spectrum of genres from history to fiction to crime stories, what binds them together is that they explore the darker side. This allows you to cross genres and discover podcasts you might not have found.

Link: http://darkmyths.org
>>
File: editors-note.png (10KB, 380x141px) Image search: [Google]
editors-note.png
10KB, 380x141px
As much as I hate to admit it, I've been spending a lot more time over at /pol/ than I have at /x/ lately. Jesus fucking Christ, the world is imploding around us, and the best us Americans can conjure up to be the leaders of the free world is a clown in a hairpiece who's never been in politics, or a foul-tempered shrew who's had all her rivals assassinated and sits in the pocket of Big Business. I can't afford to move to Canada, guys. Can we unfuck our country, please?

As always, opinions, editorials, and spoopy articles are welcome to be posted in this thread. Thanks for reading, we'll see you next week (If the world hasn't fallen into chaos).

Archive: https://4chanxfiles.wordpress.com/

Email: [email protected]

Until Next Time
>>
>>17951923
Thanks for the regularly scheduled bread, OP.

I agree about the state of our country. What a fucking nightmare we live in, almost out of a fiction novel. Scary shit.
>>
>>17951765
I move to suggest an email version mailed out to subscribers.
>>
>>17951765
Doing God's work, OP
I second the above motion to move to email, but would encourage you to continue posting here as well - this is good stuff
>>
>>17951765
Great work as always Editor, seems like a treasure trove of groundbreaking ancient discoveries afoot recently. Discoveries that challenge the notion that human civilization is only 10,000 years old has always been a favorite of mine.
>>
>>17951765
Anon you kick ass. Thank you for helping the board through this trying season.
>>
>>17951765
Please will someone screencap this thread? I'm on a tablet w/o that ability.
>>
>>17953290
Or, alternatively, you can go to the archives

https://4chanxfiles.wordpress.com/
>>
>>17951770
It may be my neck neard talking, but i heard crystals can store unimaginable amounts of data. Also that the crystal skulls hold knowledge for us to unlock but we "yet" to discover how to read them.
>>
>>17952179
>>17952203

The logistics of collecting emails from anons seems like a lot of work to add on top of what OP does every week. Besides, he posts a copy of each issue to that wordpress that he posts at the end.
>>
>>17952203
As above, so below.

The world is being pushed into a period of Escaton like moments, almost as if ISIS and their plan to bring about the Escaton are working on a level.
>>
The editor never disappoints us. Speaking of which, could I be of any help?
>>
>>17951971
Whoops, meant to reply to you.

As above, so below.

The world is being pushed into a period of Escaton like moments, almost as if ISIS and their plan to bring about the Escaton are working on a level.

In space, many a changes and dangerous things are afoot too.
>>
File: xyXAuKY.gif (935KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
xyXAuKY.gif
935KB, 500x375px
>>17953614
As it says in the Editor's Note, feel free to post anything news related in the thread. Editorials are welcome too. Hell, obituaries of famous paranormal investigators could be thrown in. Anything you'd expect in a legitimate newsmagazine. And you'll never need my permission to post that stuff in the thread.
>>
Can we make a podcast of this magazine? I'm not too much into podcasts, but I would really enjoy listening to the /x/ Files while driving or at the gym. I could do it; I have a good radio voice but I'm not a native speaker so I'm afraid I'll butcher it. Anyway, if other anons think this is a good idea but nobody volunteers I'll be more than glad to do it.
>>
>>17957245
/x/ Radio were going to do this, but didn't have enough V/O crew to do it. If you'd like, I can put you in touch with the leader of the group. Drop me an email at the address in the last post.
>>
>>17957816
sent :^)
>>
Bumping for OC
>>
Editor is devoted anon
cool keep it coming
>>
>>17951765
Cheers Ed
>>
>>17953519
You literally just quoted Indiana Jones FOUR...
>>
File: 1325633989269.jpg (41KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
1325633989269.jpg
41KB, 540x400px
>>
>>17953616
Honestly don't know what you're alluding to by these cryptic statements. And of course, I reply three days late.
>>
>>17965669
Go attempt to read the Illuminatus Trilogy.
>>
File: 128619311_d1405cea3f_b.jpg (310KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
128619311_d1405cea3f_b.jpg
310KB, 681x1024px
>>
File: 1330083228803.jpg (480KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1330083228803.jpg
480KB, 1280x800px
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.