[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling of imminent danger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: feelingofimminentdanger.png (150KB, 1284x344px) Image search: [Google]
feelingofimminentdanger.png
150KB, 1284x344px
I saw this thread elsewhere. It's extremely curious because I myself have been feeling this way, as have several people I know and talk to.

What is happening /x/?

No RP bullshit. I'd like proof and if none is available, then interesting theories we can investigate.
>>
>>17950989
That's just anticipation on a spiritial level
>>
File: image.png (431KB, 540x780px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
431KB, 540x780px
>>17950989

Mfw I have been feelin' dis way all month
>>
>>17950989
>>17951000

To contrast his theory, there are medical reasons.

A disease called, "Sweating sickness, or "The Sweats", is first onset by a feeling of impending doom.

Consuming too much Nutmeg can cause feelings of impending doom for months after the overdose and may be the only symptom.

Cognitive dissonance (a common occurrence on /x/) can cause feelings impending doom. It basically means: You have an idea about something in your head, then suddenly a second, convincing, but contradicting idea is suddenly put into your mind. That ceremony in Switzerland would definitely cause cognitive dissonance in some people.

Other things include, epilepsy, allergies, and general anxiety.

And this final one is the one that will really kick you in the teeth. On a personal level, everything is fine. You see happenings left and right, but you're fine. For some, that sudden realization throws off their psyche. Makes them think, "Well, this can't be right... something is going to happen... surely I can't be this lucky."
>>
>>17950989
it's just paranoia. you worry too much instead of accepting that you can't avoid death sooner or later.
>>
>>17951091
*deal with it or live in constant worry
>>
>>17951053

Oh man I had nutmeg poisoning it was gross. I don't remember too much other than the onset of the initial poisoning but it fucking sucked until a short period of it being hilarious, then nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 363x508px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 363x508px
>>17950989
>No RP bullshit

this is /x/, /pol/ has more /x/ than this board
>>
>>17950989
>Feeling of imminent danger

Welcome to life; it seems you woke up from the plastic bubble they call modern civilization. lol
>>
Well, deep down we all know a liar when we see them lying.

Maybe not end of the world. Maybe the beginning?
>>
File: 1452289324839.jpg (98KB, 970x666px) Image search: [Google]
1452289324839.jpg
98KB, 970x666px
>>17950989
>Feeling of imminent danger

NEETs use this as an excuse for their sit-on-their-butts lifestyle, "Why get a job? The world is about to blow up!"
>>
Jung has described it as a mass hysteria in the common unconscious of humanity. He recorded this right before the start of WW1.

Get ready for the wild ride lads.

>>17951165
the end is a beginning
>>
I remember reading this article a long time ago that some groups did a survey on the populace, mainly in large cities and one specifically New York. Basically what they did was ask people of how safe they feel in the city, if anything feels off like if they feel being watched or some kind of dread feeling. Essentially a way for the government to see how scared they are living in a large center...connect the dots you'll figure it out.

The survey lasted for a couple of months and the more the survey reached the end there was a spike of fear of people who lived in New York and a bunch of major cities like Los Angeles. It first started with a few families being honest and saying that something feels off, the atmosphere has changed, the people conducting the survey just thought they were having a bad day. But soon more and more people would begin to be honest and tell them how they feel. Over the days the numbers of people who feel unsafe began to grow and the group of people began to revisit a few house where some families changed their opinions of their security.

A few days later 9/11 happened.

If someone could find a link to an article that explains this phenomenon i'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>17950989

I don't know about that feeling on a global level but I've been dealing with it on a personal level for a while.
> Work retail, got demoted and had to change to night crew, stocking freight.
> Nice co workers, decent management, decent job and pay nearly the same.
> I stock an isle down from another associate that has been there for twenty years and has mental issues, he has poor impulse control.
> Yells all the time to himself while working, you can hear him from across the store.
> Usually dumb shit like like " N double O" or "Alabama!" this goes on all night.
> Everyone filters him out since he's been doing it for years, most customers/day crew think its funny.
> But lately its getting real crazy, like him yelling out "I'm going to go psycho tonight, and no one is going to stop me!" or laughing like a loon if he hears anyone else laugh in the store.
> Last night he yelled kill several times, I shit you not.
> Nobody in the store sees a problem with this 50 year old mental case literally howling and yelling all night.
> When I bring it up to others they laugh it off, saying that he's harmless. I figure the store gets some write off for keeping him employed.

Its like I am taking crazy pills, dude is obviously unstable but no one is doing anything about it and if I say anything it is dismissed off hand. Have felt some serious dread recently about the whole mess.
>>
>>17951197
That was then this is now.

Seems natural to me that our increasingly efficient communications is going to put pressure on a secretive ruling elite and sort of better informed public.

The truth is as interwoven in propaganda as deceit in ways disseminators may literally not be able to conceive.
>>
>>17951242

Maybe you're the one yelling, and your psychosis fabricated the other guy.
>>
>>17951282
what a twist!

No but seriously the guy is kinda infamous around our little town for his particular brand of crazy.
>>
>>17950989
You're going to be okay. Lots of people on /pol/ feel this too. I do as well but it's a very aspirating sense. You are all misconceiving what this "sense of danger" is. It's actually a sign of a good thing. Good things are coming. It's going to be dark for a while.... but then it's going to get really, really bright.
>>
>>17951174
I've literally never heard this excuse, but maybe you have
>>
>>17951115
Why did incase draw an old person?
>>
>>17950989
Look on the bright side, OP: The movies they make about World War 3 are gonna be great.
>>
>>17952189
I doubt modern movie making will survive a WW3, even if it is not nuclear. The whole cultural war is between two sides who want to censor a lot of things.
>>
>>17952331
Obviously it's going to take a while, but it'll happen.

Look at it another way: Anthropogenic gobal warming is a self-solving problem. The collapse of global industry and economy will put an end to worldwide shipping, air travel, and power production, which are the most serious man-made contributors to carbon dioxide.
>>
>>17952404
Except we are already past salvation point for Global Warming. You can lessen the effects, but there are far too many chains in motion.

That is why you can see a clear shift from "How to Avoid Global Warming" to "How to Avoid the Effects of Global Warming" by some big power players.

I would really recommend following that trend anon. When dry-times arrive you will be ready.
>>
You know that this is a symptom of paranoid delusions right? You're on a site that welcomes conspiracy theorists. This is not the first post I've seen with this exact same sentiment

Try to think logically
>>
>>17950989
I'm feeling this. Like the world is ending and I should just get my things and go into the forest. But only around my wife. Odd.
>>
Haven't you seen the latest episode of Dr. Steve Brule? get into your one man bunker before its too late
>>
>>17950989
You have anxiety, you idiot. Jesus christ.
>>
>>17950989
I was reading that thread last night. Youre just very paranoid. Don't see a doctor about it. They will prescribe you with lots of medication.

Try moving coutry that hasn't been overrun by Muslims
>>
>>17950989
i'm actually the same. been getting increasingly more nervous towards the summer, and this week has been really tough
>>
>>17952609
It's the heat and humidity over the past week or so: messes with your head.
>>
>>17951209
i remember feeling that too, but i always thought it was just because 2000 rolled around and we didn't have flying cars and weren't friends with ayys like the 90s promised
>>
File: 1469156666283.jpg (53KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469156666283.jpg
53KB, 720x960px
>>17952501
yer gonna get cucked
>>
For any spiritual people, it may be because since humans are on the same conscious "plane", the energies that we feel shoot out and that cause other people to feel that energy which sets off a chain reaction. It's just a thought but it explains perfectly. Search global consciousness for more
>>
Its called anxiety or panic attack

go to a doctor
>>
>>17950989
Something weird is definitely going on, has anyone else noticed the amount of animals moving lately?
I don't mean animals migrating for the summer I mean animals I rarely ever even see in my neck of the woods.
Ton's of foxes coyote and wolves as well as bobcats. I've noticed a lot more activity within the past month way more than I've ever seen
Something is probably going to go down I just don't know what.
>>
>>17954061
umm...
>>
>>17954094
So it can be interpreted in many ways. Maybe its just overdose on media and paranoid news maybe its collective continence.
>>
>>17950989
>>
>>17950989
The vail is lifting, truth and graduation are coming. Love and light.
>>
>>17954387
Every 25 thousand some odd years our star emits flashes of solar energy the forces dna restructor and in a sense forces evolution.Also we are currently in a high energy part of the cosmos this energy is being buffered for the time being, but you can feel it. Last time around the myans graduated.
>>
I Keep feeling like the end of the world is coming, and it all started off in a dream (I smoke loads of weed, and haven't had a dream in like 10 years, then booom, fall asleep, 30 minutes later wake up to some fucked up dream of all the stars in the sky exploding and fading away with some weird ass noise going on

Now whenever i look at the moon i get the sense the end is coming, and i haven't smoked a zoot in three months because of this
>>
Is it possible that its magnetic forces or solar flares messing with us then?
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 498x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 498x376px
>>17950989
Irish Druid here. I also have a deep feeling of unease these days. Before I used to be motivated to make life better and I worried about my future. But not anymore, it's as if I know deep down its all pointless because something is on the cusp of happening that will render all this useless, but I haven't found out what it is yet.

After the illuminati being more or less literally confirmed by the leaked Clinton emails, I now believe literally anything can be happening behind closed doors, I feel like everything I've known is a thin veneer. I don't know what's going on.

All I know is that we are most defiantly on the edge of a paradigm shift, looking into the abyss below.

I feel torn between the Christian God and the gods of my ancestors. But I am completely sure there is a God of some kind.

I'm not even afraid of death anymore.

Life is a strange thing. What does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Understanding this is the true key to freedom and happiness.

I've also been having the strangest of dreams that were much too real.
>>
>>17952435
>>
>>17950989
If you're into conspiracies, we could be entering into a new age of humanity. The Sun and galactic system is being hit by energy that is causing more irritation in people.
Healthy people can cope with the change, middle of the road (us) will feel the effects, and the very dark sort will have their negative personality amplified.

Listen to Alex Collier, Wilcock, and Corey Goode.

It's a conspiracy thing.
>>
>>17957082
I must be healthier than I thought. I'm feeling scared but ready.
>>
I've been expecting the end of the world since 2010. I haven't really done anything with my life ever since because what's the point if you think everything is going to end soon? If nothing big happens I'm gonna be pissed.
>>
File: Oh, you.jpg (90KB, 605x532px) Image search: [Google]
Oh, you.jpg
90KB, 605x532px
>>17956958
You aren't a druid if you'd ever be tempted by the christian god's lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oQvtOcJKj4

A druid is a musician. They play all instruments.
Why would a musician ever want to hear only monotony forever? (christian god is monotony)

Seriously, you aren't a druid.
I'm more of a druid than you, and I hate that word.

Nothing is useless, you silly-billy.
Everything is the setup for the next note, the next universal harmony.

If you were a druid, you'd know this. You'd know that nothing is pointless, and that death is a lie.

Wake up little dog, awaken to the music. It sounds like this.

It looks like a celtic knot. Can you tell me where a celtic knot ends?
>>
>>17957107
Could be likely, but it said this irritant would provoke increasingly irrational behavior in people.
Anyone with mental health issues will be badly affected, fortunately there is help, so any healthy minded people would be capable of keeping the calm.
Most people will start experiencing some weird phenomena.
>>
File: wut.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>17951282
>>
File: tumblr_mteiscLxlY1sc3bj6o1_500.gif (377KB, 499x384px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mteiscLxlY1sc3bj6o1_500.gif
377KB, 499x384px
>>17950989
Mass hysteria? Nocebo effect?

To put an (embarrassing) example, when I first heard about that Pokémon creepypasta about lavender town's music a long time ago I felt legit depressed for a few days after listening to an "uncut" version. Now I know it was total bs haha.
>>
I have deja vu very often, and sometimes I feel like I can anticipate in my "memory" something awful happening, but it never comes true.
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>17950989

I've felt as though I haven't got much left for a couple of months now, but then again, I live in Rio de Janeiro. Shit here is going to blow up soon, and not only do I think it's going to be in a literal sense, I also can't help feeling I'm getting caught in it.

It's really distressful to see that other people have this sort of feeling right now, though.
>>
Idk I get these feelins sometimes too. Nothing has ever happened but when I do get them, im flipping shit over nothing for days.
>>
>>17950989
Scryed the other night got the word qel issad googled it I think I may of stumbled upon some cryptography stuff there were sites from sec.gov as well
>>
>>17951091
Just because I am paranoid doesn't "mean someone isn't after me."
-My History teacher, 2014
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.