[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/. Often before falling asleep I hear voices. I know that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: SUBLIMANL MESSAGE.gif (706KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
SUBLIMANL MESSAGE.gif
706KB, 240x240px
Hey /x/. Often before falling asleep I hear voices. I know that they come from my head, and I hear them from since I was little. They can also be sounds, like ringing of some bells in loop. Those voices can creep me out, and I can't fall asleep easily sometimes. I was wondering if I'm the only one that hears those voices before falling asleep. Am I?
>>
>>17947223
i often hear voices in the half-sleep, normal thing anyway, don't worry
>>
Well me too but I think mine are actually real until I'm fully awake and they're gone
>>
When your half asleep you are closer to the other realms.
>>
Happens to me sometimes if I go to bed really late (like just last night). It's probably just a dream, and you're already pretty much asleep and just don't realize it.
>>
Those are called hypnagogic hallucinations, and they're completely normal. I used to get them a lot. I'd see spiders all over my room and scream bloody murder. In my experience, Benadryl makes them worse, so if you're taking that (or Unisom, or their generic equivalents) before bed, that may make the hallucinations worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
>>
>>17947642
This. I often hear the voices of people I've been with during the day.
I also get some seriously good classical music sometimes, which is bizarre because I generally listen to (and play) loud, guitar-centric stuff.
>>
>>17948370
I get the classical music thing aswell its really decent and nothing I'm ever familiar with sometimes throughout the day too, have always wondered what that was about it wouldn't be my go to either
>>
File: 1467750405871.gif (494KB, 646x466px) Image search: [Google]
1467750405871.gif
494KB, 646x466px
>>17947223
That gif is really spooky OP what the hell. I didn't want to look away and got goosebumps don't do that shit man.
>>
>>17948370
>>17948388
Wow I came to the thread just to mention the music thing. I hear classical music all the time while half asleep. It's VERY detailed sometimes and I really wish I could write music so I could save them forever.

100% nothing I've ever heard before. I've tried humming it into Soundhound and to friends but nobody seems to recognise it.
>>
>>17947223
>>17947234
>>17947240
>>17947261
>>17947316
>>17948370
What do the voices say to you?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLnI4tYfYZ2kILQ82cR1Xi10rgKXPcezG9&v=YyknBTm_YyM
Here's some good classical music if anyone wants it
>>
I'm glad I found this thread. I have this too and it's nice to know other people do as well. I usually get remixes of songs I've heard that slowly turn into original music. Other times it's people yelling. Those nights are rough.
>>
>>17947223
It is called 'exploding head syndrome.' Look it up. It is common.
>>
>>17947223
It happens to me whenever I am with insomnia. Especially back when I was taking a certain anxiolytic.
>>
I get voices sometimes too. It's random shit in male and female voices that makes no sense whatsoever, little phrases or snippets of conversation is the most complex it gets. It never feels threatening or scary when it happens to me, though. It's more like I'm aware of the beginning of a dream or something.
>>
>>17952458
Eh. Usually, just stuff I listened during the day or that is recent in my memory (like a teacher or some news). Nothing outside of my native language, even if I spend most of my day consuming English, French, and Japanese instead of it. (Though there is a lot of incomprehensible mumbling too. Maybe my brain just can't comprehend foreigner stuff when I'm in such a sleep-like state)

ASMR helped a fucking lot. But while it avoids this kind of stuff, it also fucks my dreaming habits.

It started once I took medicine (anxiolytic) and while it got rare after I stopped with it, there are still some cases, especially if I wake up at 2-4AM
>>
>>17947223
you can control them if you tune into what it feels like and communicate your own thoughts in the same clarity as it basicly if your like me you can play songs in your head aslong as you wan't without any of the side effects of songs and they will sound better than most all of the music from this world clearer more vivid lower and higher thatn what is audible becomes hearable to so it is easy enough for me to hear voice to skull. anyways just fuiger it out not with words but with feeling and when you go to think in your head don't think out your words in your voice use somone elses maybe make it sound like a robotic pitch lowered parakeet or somthing maybe you want a voice in your head to be your own and speak to you in a british accent it is all possible when you do this try to do it when you go to go to sleep and just let your body fall asleep by ignoring the itching and all that but keep playing sounds in your head not like a hum but exactly as it was and it will become clear and through this method it should be easy enough to silence or control that voice you hear in your head.
>>
For everyone in this thread: try not to freak out and try not to loose consciousness either when you start hearing those voices. You're very close to initiating lucid dreaming by entering directly into your dreams.
>>
File: 1468495228347x.gif (807KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1468495228347x.gif
807KB, 500x750px
>>17948809
Why the fuck are you and me the only ones to acknowledge that shit
>>
Sleep paralysis. Very common it's ur dreams starting while your still semi awake for me it sounded like inaudible whispering
>>
>>17952664
The voice of the schyzo, OP what you are experiencing is simple dream related events. However this person is experiencing real schyzo events.
>>
>>17953485
I don't know why some people are afflicted with the schizo thoughts. It could be something they did, or they were just abnormal in some way. They could've had something happen in their lives to open them up in such a way.
>>
File: tumblr_mk6k268UH21s4cnv1o6_1280.jpg (99KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk6k268UH21s4cnv1o6_1280.jpg
99KB, 570x570px
>>17947223
I hear voices every time I'm really tired. It's how I know I'm close to falling asleep. When I hear them I just try to relax and clear my mind and I fall asleep shortly afterwards.

I think it represents the passing of control of your cortex from your conscious mind to your unconscious mind.
>>
>>17948809
I honestly didn't look until you mentioned it and now I fucking regret it. Fuck that shit. Maybe that's why OP hears voices.
>>
File: derp.png (146KB, 651x653px) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
146KB, 651x653px
>>17948809
>>
>17947223
When I was young, I used to get really freaked out when I heard what sounded like family members whisperring all around me. Lately I've been hearing an a capella remake of a song that I need to write out, though.
>>17950524
Given enough time, I could write it for you. My theory's a tad rusted right now, but I could do it.
>>
>>17948370

people with the hearing classical music is so weird its so common its really strange
>>
>>17953594
When I look at that it makes me wonder if something is manipulating and forcing people to be together.
>>
>>17953485
It's spiritual. We are working on how to make it stop. I'm trying to figure out where it comes from. I think people who spend a lot of time isolated will have it.

Instead of stopping it, I would want to control it. Here are some things that apparently helped:
* How can we control or silence these thoughts that automatically pop into our minds? *
> Silencing:
> Controlling: Repeating (training) thoughts that are willful of the self, repeated (trained) silencing or rebuking of thoughts that are not
> Actively creating affirmative thoughts that actually reflect the personal will

> make a concerted effort to change your Inner Voice so that it works for you rather than you being led by it

Meditation
> (Developing awareness of own thinking (imagining), reflecting, intending)
> Developing awareness of when our mind wanders, where it goes
> Developing awareness of our visual thoughts
> (Advanced techniques involve developing self-awareness for all actions of the self and mind including those actions that are usually unconscious such as breathing in/out)
>>
gain more knowledge of the spiritual world. they will definitely taper and stop. Being confused by everything and giving every thought a chance at being real is what gives it strength to linger.
>>
>>17953927
How can one conceivably reach any sort of understanding of the "spiritual world"

Our own universe is an endless abyss of things to learn and try to comprehend that spirals on and on beyond the reach of the human mind. How can anyone claim to have even a semblance of an intellectual foothold in another world?
>>
Sauce on the gif? Esp. the image of the girl running in the road at night toward a figure.
>>
>>17947223
Hypnagogic hallucinations - you might be narcoleptic.
>>
>>17947223
Anyone have sauce on that frame with the boobs? theyr nice boobs. i want
>>
File: 1469174399544.jpg (26KB, 282x325px) Image search: [Google]
1469174399544.jpg
26KB, 282x325px
>>17954831
Ain't clickin it nigga
>>
>>17952478
fav
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.