[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone been in one of these? How was your experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

Anyone been in one of these? How was your experience?
>>
>>17947214
No.
>>
Yep. Did a 90 minute session last year. It was a very unique experience.
>>
>>17947214
I has an engineer friend who built and maintained a full working sensory deprivation tank. It was OK, but honestly kind of boring the first few times I went in. It's very salty, and very quiet. It's very comfortable. But beyond that I think you need to have some real meditation experience under your belt to get anything out of it.

Didn't talk to him for a few years, then reconnected. I can safely say that using his tank cost him his sanity. To be fair, he would float on high doses of psychedelics, sometimes for marathon sessions of 8-14 hours. If you've ever been in a tank, a two hour session can feel like an eternity.

He came to believe he time traveled, was being followed by the government, and spoke with aliens. I can't say honestly he was wrong, I don't live his life. But I can say that the hours he spent in his tank did not enlighten him, they made him a neurotic, paranoid, antisocial mess.

Totally changed my opinion on tanks. I think they probably have a place in meditation, and tripping in a tank is something everyone should try once. Beyond that, isolation is just not good for people. You can find deep understanding, but at cost to sanity and health. There's better ways.
>>
>>17947214
i did this a few weeks ago. the tank looked exactly like this. It was just super relaxing. the only halucination was colors moving around after a while. i was im there for an hour. also that epsom salt is good for you
>>
I want to do this but somehow at home
>>
>>17947407
There's a name for that. Crazy people are more like to do mind altering substances, the substances don't make people crazy.
>>
>>17947214
Funny you mention this... just binged Stranger Things. Got me researching MKultra and LSD tripping in sensory deprivation tanks. Creepy shit, man.
>>
When I was younger I always wanted to try this. Now I have tinnitus so I'll never experience absolute silence again. fml
>>
Yeah I was in a DIY-SD-Tank built in the middle of an elementary school gym.
>>
it's really weird and interesting at the same time. it's like getting in a trance, very relaxing.
10/10 would recommend
>>
>>17948346
I feel you man, feels bad.
>>
There's a seatbelt with that? I wasn't told about this.
>>
>>17948264
Checkout the movie "Altered States," It'll be right up your alley.
>>
>>17948483
Just looked it up. Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely be watching that.
>>
>>17947214
I jerked off in one.
>AMA
>>
>>17949050
So how long did you float in your own semen afterwards?
>>
looks like itd be an interesting thing to do but id honestly just like to do it at home after smoking a bit
>>
>>17947214
I've done them a few times.
The first time I floated around relaxing my body, then when I relaxed I forgot I was in there until the time was up.

The next few times it was meh, once I got in and I just wanted out.

The last few times I've done them I just dwell in my breath for the majority of the time, then the last 20 minutes or so I'll run my hands along my body because it feels crazy when you've been deprived for awhile.

I did mdma and went in the tank one time and it was nothing special.

I'm not going again until I have some mushrooms...
They're really boring so I'm thinking it could be useful as a trip catalyst
>>
>>17949050
Did it feel like a ghost was giving you a hand job while you were also giving a different ghost a hand job? Because that's what I always imagined jerking it in one of those would be like. Boners for days
>>
>>17947534
>I want to do this but somehow at home
Unless you're rich, don't bother. It's $600 worth of salt alone.
>>
I did it recently for an hour. I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you're experienced with meditation, because for me (I am not experienced), I mostly had trouble getting my brain to shut up. I wound up thinking about things like grocery lists and my overweight dog.

Hallucinations were just like colors you see in a dark room.
>>
>>17948361
11? Why are you hiding??
>>
>>17950843
Mike tells me he likes it in the ass so ive been exploring the upside down for something that can turn my private parts inside out. #endeavors #youngluv
>>
>>17948250
Yes they do temporarily. Its more like peopke are crazy about x or y substance though but try to act like they're not and coexist with people who don't care or give a fuck about it and fuck it up some how.
>>
>>17947407
Sounds like that guy would have gone insane eventually even without the tank.
>>
>>17947214
Don't your ears fill up with water and annoy the shit out of you?
>>
>>17948361
.. Pretty sure you meant middle school
>>
>>17951149
wear ear plugs
>>
It was pleasant. I whispered to myself and had a conversation with myself. It's relaxing and can allow room for interesting ideas.
>>
>>17951149
>>17953884
yeah they give you ear plugs
>>
Anyone who says sensory deprivation tanks are boring has a boring mind.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.