[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Innawoods on a Friday Night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 13

File: Horror Books.jpg (562KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Horror Books.jpg
562KB, 2000x2000px
I haven't seen a decent thread with some spooky woodsy stories in a while, so I thought I'd dig out what I wrote about some experiences I had when I was younger to get it started. Personal experiences and stories are more than welcome, come on in, the woods are fine this time of the year.
>>
Bumping with my stories in no particular order.
>preface:My dad had lived in Colorado before and a bit after he fought in the Vietnam war, moved to Cali where he started his family, took us back (my mother, sister and I) to Colorado 3 summers in a row to drive all over the state and visit places he lived in/by or places he remembers
>One time its just dad and I out hiking in the woods by a house he used to live in (Winter Park I believe)
>It's a fairly warm day, not a cloud in the sky, we're just blundering our way through some thick underbrush and foliage, having a fine old time bonding and admiring nature
>Dad gets ahead of me, cutting a path through for the small me and gets a bit out of sight
>Suddenly we pop out of this thick forest into a round clearing, we're still in the treeline, literally you take one step and you're out of the woods and in this patch of short grass, perfectly circular
>In the circle is a patch of fog, thick, soupy and just hanging out on the ground, not touching the trees or moving outside of the ring
>>
File: 31-2.jpg (1MB, 3750x3000px) Image search: [Google]
31-2.jpg
1MB, 3750x3000px
>Come to our senses and realize we can't hear any sort of wildlife, the sun seems darker here and the temperature seems to be dropping.
>My dad takes one step into the ring, making sure I was keeping back
>Looks like he's be struck by lightning, he turns around to look at me, he looks absolutely petrified
>This is a man that has seen untold things in the course of a war and has refused to ever share what he may have done or experienced during that time
>He looks like he's about to keel over from pure terror
>He sprints away from the ring, picks me up and lofts me over his shoulder
>I'm facing the clearing, I don't see a thing
>He runs the entire way back to the truck
>Secures me in the car, double-checks behind him in the direction we just came from
>We tear out of there like hell on wheels, he refuses to ever talk about it
>>
File: 31-3.jpg (1MB, 3750x3000px) Image search: [Google]
31-3.jpg
1MB, 3750x3000px
This tale involved the whole family, it was while we were in the middle part of the state and traversing some backroads.
>We were on dirt roads for most of the day, we'd start at sunrise and keep going till the early afternoon
>We had pressed on later than usual that day, was getting to be twilight
>We're out in the open fields, tall grass nearly up to my face (so probably 4 foot something or other)
>We see a few wooden shacks here and there, no one living out there as far as we can tell
>The shacks begin to look burnt, some still smoldering, and we can see smoke from fires burning higher up in the hills out past the road we're on
>Dad pulls over at the closest smoldering foundation to make sure no ones hurt
>Instructs us to stay in truck, tells me to drive away if anyone comes to the car that isn't him
>>
File: 31-1.jpg (563KB, 3750x3000px) Image search: [Google]
31-1.jpg
563KB, 3750x3000px
A newish one I actually just remembered after talking with my dad on the phone about our trips to Colorado
>I remember being particularly taken with one lake in Gunnison county called Lake Morrow
>It's this huge deep (and to me at the time mystical) lake sunk into a basin surrounded by trees
>I had spotted it during a drive and begged my dad to take us camping there or at least a hike down to the lake so we could swim in it
>We were in a cafe while we were discussing the weather conditions and what we'd have to bring to stay out there a few nights
>An older gentleman of mixed race (perhaps Indian) but definitely a resident of the county overhears us and comes to our table
>>
File: Lake Morrow.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lake Morrow.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
>Emphatically warns about ever going near the lake, let alone into the woods surrounding it without proper protection
>My dad stares him down but the old man refuses to leave us alone
>Goes on and on about special amulets you'd need and how he shouldn't even bring me (a young child) into the woods if he at all valued my life
>Finally, he hobbles off, dad still wants to go camping at the lake but the old man put the scare in me and I say I've changed my mind, dad drops it, we never go
>To this day I still have dreams about being alone in a small boat in the center of the lake and watching creatures circle around the edge of the water, closing in on me
-pic related
>>
File: Monster1.jpg (198KB, 1310x634px) Image search: [Google]
Monster1.jpg
198KB, 1310x634px
Last of what I have written out
>We're driving in the middle of nowhere, incredibly remote, even considering our past travels
>We suddenly come upon a small town (if you could call it that) that is a raised square of land, with grass in the middle of it, like a commons area surrounded on three sides by four houses - for a total of 12- including one hunters lodge
>Plenty of trucks and cars and equipment scattered everywhere, dad says it looks like old hunting spots people would rent out for the summer and use as a sort of homebase
>No one to be found though
>The town is called Bonanza which makes my mom want to get out and look at it
>Everyone out of the car, my sister, father and mom all go towards the grassy square, I spy a billboard type sign off to the side with writing
>>
File: Monster2.jpg (114KB, 900x1111px) Image search: [Google]
Monster2.jpg
114KB, 900x1111px
>Begin reading, theres mine shafts sunk all around the edge of this 'town' and was once a busy mining town and big in silver trading
>It doesn't say why but apparently, due to the mining and underground activity, radioactive/poisonous material begins leaking into the water table
>People die en masse from poisoning, people at first think its witchcraft, once they figure it out, they high tail it right out there, no ones bothered to re-establish the town since
>Get this weird feeling, hair stands up straight, I look up just as this feeling starts to overpower me, I see my family stepping onto the grassy area
>I begin screaming and flailing wildly, run towards them in a panic, pleading with them to not go near the buildings
>>
File: akira pill2.jpg (97KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
akira pill2.jpg
97KB, 800x1000px
>My sister gets super scared, freezes in her tracks
>Dad walks over, pissed, looking like he's going to hit me
>Stops when he gets close enough to see my face and what I imagine is unimaginable fear in my eyes
>Gathers up the family without a word, nods to me, herds us into the car, we begin driving away
>I look back from the car at the lodge building (the only two story building) that had one of those weird triangle roofs and a window set in the middle of it facing the direction we were headed
>I see the curtains covering the windows shift and a hand put itself through the open window
>It beckons
>We as a family agree to not speak of it to anyone outside of us
>>
File: faggot.gif (150KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
150KB, 500x333px
>>17945636
fucked up and forgot the other half

>Take advice with a grain of salt, my dad is survivor man and ultra-cautious, seems pretty typical of him
>He's gone for maybe a half an hour, I'm playing look out, trying to see past the tall grass to where my dad got off to
>He comes back, walking briskly, has his bowie knife out of its sheath, same wild look in his eyes as at the clearing (this occurred a few days after that incident)
>Says nothing, gets in the car, when asked by us, he says "nothing that shouldn't have been lost was destroyed"
>All of us 'wat'
>Refuses to explain or talk further about it, we leave and never take that road again
>>
File: gangsta.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gangsta.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
Making the effort, doing the bumps, ought to be some kind of thread for a friday night.
>>
File: ramiel2.jpg (13KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
ramiel2.jpg
13KB, 333x333px
>>
File: Monster3.jpg (95KB, 450x317px) Image search: [Google]
Monster3.jpg
95KB, 450x317px
>>
File: Nice.jpg (443KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.jpg
443KB, 1200x849px
>>
So my family are reindeer herders, and part of the sami people, which is basicly scandinavias version of native amercians. Telling stories about folklore and myths is pretty common when kids under 16 are around. Now most of these sound tailored to scare kids from getting intro trouble, but a couple of stories ive heard happened in more recent times, and one of the people involved in it commited suicide. This is a retelling of how a freind of my dad, told me the story, in greentext format i guess.
>So a father and his son are walking back home after helping another family with their reindeer.
>Its quite a distance, they dont have a car, and the roads are barely drivable in that area in the late 1960s anyway.
>Theres a storm coming, so they decide to camp for the night in an old cabin that is about 3/5ths of the way home
>it sits in a vally, in a group of trees in terrain that is otherwise marsh, so its well protected from the storm.
>The boy says to his father that he will run up ahead, to make a fire in the cabin for when the father reaches it, so that it is warm and cosy before the old man gets there
>The father lets the son go ahead, but warns him of the spirits who like to take shelter in the cabin
>"If you notice a spirit when you enter, dont talk to it until i arrive, and stay out of the cabin"
>The boy pretty much goes "aight" and runs off.
>>
>When he gets there the cabin seems cold and empty, and so he starts making the fire
>At this point its starting to get dark, and the stormy clouds are covering the sky, so the boy barely sees anything in front of him until the fire gets going.
>As hes lighting a candle, the door opens and the candle goes out.
>A dark hunched over figure enters.
>Thinking his father has arrived, the boy cheerfully says hi to the figure, and asks how bad the weather is getting
>"Not good", says the figure with a raspy voice
>The boy thinks there is something wrong with his father, and as the only light in the cabin is coming from the fire, which is rather dim, the boy tries to light a candle to get a betetr look at his father
>But as the boy tries to light the candle, the raspy voice booms and says "Thanks for lighting the fire, it was rather cold in here" and the candle goes out
>Realizing the mistake he has made, the boy gets scared, says sorry and runs out of the cabin, and into the storm to find his father
>The rain is pouring, the wind is howling extra harshly and the boy sees no sight of his father.
>Beggining to cry the boy thinks about the conversations he has had with the town noaidi (Shaman) about spirits.
>He then returns to outside the cabin, takes some meat from his backpack and places it under an offerstone near the cabin, says sorry again and explains himself.
>Suddenlt the wind is a little less harsh, and his father comes thorugh the shrubbery at the edge of the treeline, as if he suddenly appeared there.
>Very sternly the father asks the boy "Did you go inside?"
>"Yes", says the boy, nearly in tears.
>"Did you speak to it?" the father asks, even sterner.
>"Yeas, im sorry." says the boy, now crying again.
>The father then goes inside the cabin, and after a time, he opens the door and motions for the boy to come inside.
>>
>The fire is out, the ashes and embers are on the floor, and all the bedding is rotten.
>The father asks the son, "Did you offer anythign to the spirit? Did you say sorry?"
>"Yes" Answers the boy, getting ready for a beating and scolding.
>"Good," says the father, "or we might not have had a cabin to come to, and if we started walking home we migth never reach it"
>The boy makes a fire, and prepares food for his father while the father makes the best out of the rotten bedding.
>They then eat, go to bed, wake up the next morning and go home.
>The father learns his son more about spirits, and uses his story as an example to other kids, and thats how my dads friend heard it.

Not a personal expirience but it hits close to home, as that cabin is only 2-3 hours walk from my house. It also involves people ive spoken to, and worked with. The boy committed suicide a couple years back, at the age of 27. I dont know if he had other issues or spirits haunted him, but something tells me the former is more plausible.
>>
>>17945623
THIS JUST HAPPENED.
and yet people wul probably complain because "nothing happened"
(Thank Goddess!)

> one hour ago
> suburban dublin
> noone out
> walking to get some ginger tea at the local 24-hour garage
> INTENSELY overwhelming feeling of eerie-ness, hairs on back of neck on end, etc,etc.
> black and white sheepdog type ambling across the road sort if an unsteady gait
> half expected in to turn into a skn walkr (don't want to even type that out here)
> Prayed to the Goddess
> protection spells and such
> it doesn't change, look around,it's staring at me,which being the only other creature isn't that surprising
> walking fast
> on way back hear snoring from a semi open window
> house right beside it boarded up,and this is the second time I've noticed this
> STRONG smell of antiseptic/bleach/chemical cleaning agents from derelict house
> odd, considering it's been boarded up a while, and such smell of mildew/mice pee/old house, not a hospital.
> lots of cats
> seagulls
> smell rain

seriously though, that feeling of a definite pressure ,presence, being watched, perhaps something had happened,or it was a time of day I shouldn't have been out, I don't quite know.
like if you've nearly fallen or something and you've saved yourself, think there was danger and I navigated it, through protection spells, or ... other anons know what I mean?
still spooked, not as concise as I'd like.
any ideas?
>>
>>17945893
admittedly not the most disconcerting thing on this thread, but it really freaked me out.think if I hadn't asked for protection that I'd be banging on someone's door.
trying to work out what it was exactly, to avoid it.
had such vibes before,but this was hectic.

and secondly,that derelict house smelling so! strongly of cleaning agents, it's not windy, or even breezy,either time, so the scent must be very strong to come out onto the street & also a v odd vibe to the place.
>>
When I was about 12 I hiked to an area near where I live to go exploring. At some point I could hear water running, so I went off the trail to find the source. I came to a creek soon. I put my hands in the water and looked around a bit, it was then I noticed something blue in the bushes. I checked and noticed that the blue thing was a garbage bag, half buried found a couple more, about 4-5. I opened the bag and it was full of bones, fur, nasty smell. There were fucking cat and dog skulls inside, I almost pucked and got my ass out of there. Never returned. Scared of the sick fuck that put them there.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.