[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question here, not trying to discredit any believers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (43KB, 770x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 770x520px
Serious question here, not trying to discredit any believers.

If humans are just a highly intelligent species of animal, what basis does the supernatural have in the natural world? How can ghosts be real if consciousness is manufactored by our biological brains? How can creator gods be thought of as real if we can prove we evolved from bacteria?

Im genuinely curious as to what you guys think
>>
File: 712.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
712.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>17945509
>if we can prove we evolved from bacteria
>>
File: S2.jpg (24KB, 350x468px) Image search: [Google]
S2.jpg
24KB, 350x468px
CLOWN THREAD!!!
>>
File: undecoverCLOWNoperator.jpg (96KB, 573x790px) Image search: [Google]
undecoverCLOWNoperator.jpg
96KB, 573x790px
>>
File: Untitled.png (979KB, 864x484px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
979KB, 864x484px
>>
Everyone has their own personal set of coincidences that can't be explained. So does the world. This, in essence, is what man hunts for.

If you want to argue for evolution, then man has evolved to see this underlying "metaphor" for lack of a better term. It becomes apparent, to anyone who observes for long enough, that there is at the very least more than meets the eye when it comes to this existence.

We gain hubris though scientific and technological breakthroughs that we consider grand because we simply did them, and we learned something from them, or figure we have. The further in we look, the more gooey and nondescript things get, and we're closely coming to the point where the universe says, "A-ha! You can't go any farther, it isn't all in the physical! You finally realize you've been had!" And then either we laugh and integrate some of our "spirituality" into our thinking and continue down the path or we become very upset that it all, in fact, wasn't laid directly out in front of us.
>>
File: 1293257679145.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1293257679145.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>
>>17945509
>How can ghosts be real if consciousness is manufactored by our biological brains?

Our consciousness is caused by our biology, but it doesn't mean every type of consciousness that exists does.
Consciousness isn't manufactured by our brains in the sense that it is some kind of epiphenomenal nothing-in-itself that emerges purely from matter. Consciousness is caused by the brain, but also by the whole body, together with the environment, moment to moment. It is a permissive causality, like a crossbow firing a bolt. Each moment of consciousness is also caused by a prior moment of consciousness. If like dualists and idealists believe consciousness is an actual phenomena in and of itself, and if it has its own causal power, then its possible that it can exist after death
>>
>>17945510
well we can actually prove that..

>inb4 b-but muh evil science conspiracy..
SHUT THE FUCK UP RETARD
>>
>>17945509
>how can creator god be real if evolution is true
God or gods fine tuned the universe and all its physical laws right at the beginning.. like a seed that would eventually spawn a giant tree, this singularity was perfectly set up so it would spawn the universe.. It's all part of a perfect plan, and evolution is just part of that plan.

Very skeptical about the ghost part though.. I don't think there are ghosts.. I also don't think that there are souls.. it's just part of your conscioussness, your psyche, that can't function without a material basis in this world. Awareness however is transcendental, but this is something beyond "I think therefore I am".. it's just I am-

In my understanding, after you die, that's it. For the time being. For billions and billions of years which will past in an instant cause you won't have a consciousness at that time, you will be truly unconscious, aka dead. Your awareness stays, but with no conscioussness to measure the passing of time, it will be like an instant.

Because there is a God (for various reasons I won't go into right now), who loves you personally, he will resurrect you when the time is right, and you will open your eyes in heaven, seemingly seconds after you die, but not before this universe right here is long gone.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.