[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elisa Lam Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13

File: elisa.jpg (19KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
elisa.jpg
19KB, 568x320px
Does Anyone know any interesting information about the Elisa Lam? I did a lot of research and a bunch of mind control possibilities came up. Some people think she was playing the elevator ritual game. I think she was being controlled by other people using "Voice Control Tech". Who knows...
>>
Interesting, this was never discussed here.
>>
>>17945216

Youtube this if interested. Dr. Douglas James Cottrell: The strange case of Elisa Lam
>>
Can someone green text with few words the whole story?
>>
File: v2k-diagram.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
v2k-diagram.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>>17945211
>>
>>17945211
The body of Elisa Lam, a 21-year-old Canadian student at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, was recovered from a water tank atop the Cecil Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles on February 19, 2013. She had been reported missing at the beginning of the month. Maintenance workers at the hotel discovered the body when investigating guest complaints of problems with the water supply.

Her disappearance had been widely reported; interest had increased five days prior to her body's discovery when the Los Angeles Police Department released video of the last time she was known to have been seen, on the day of her disappearance, by an elevator security camera. In the footage, Lam is seen exiting and re-entering the elevator, talking and gesturing in the hallway outside, and sometimes seeming to hide within the elevator, which itself appears to be malfunctioning. The video went viral on the Internet, with many viewers reporting that they found it unsettling. Explanations ranged from claims of paranormal involvement to the bipolar disorder from which Lam suffered; it has also been argued that tampering had occurred with the video.

The circumstances of Lam's death, when she was found, also raised questions, especially in light of the Cecil's history in relation to other notable deaths and murders. Her body was naked with most of her clothes and personal effects floating in the water near her. It took the Los Angeles County Coroner's office four months, after repeated delays, to release the autopsy report, which reports no evidence of physical trauma and states that the cause of death was accidental.

Some of the early Internet interest noted what were considered to be unusual similarities between Lam's death and plot elements from the 2005 horror film Dark Water.
>>
Holy shit I've been here since 2016 and this is the first time I see this

>OH
>MY
>GOD
>>
File: Elevator Ritual (1).jpg (56KB, 362x328px) Image search: [Google]
Elevator Ritual (1).jpg
56KB, 362x328px
>>17945211
>>
>>17945268
This can explain what she was doing in the video
>>
>>17945240
Mind Control?
>>
>>17945268
Nice cheat code m8
>>
>>17945268
Does this work?
>>
>>17945301
There are videos of people doing it on Youtube

[spoiler]nothing happens[/spoiler]
>>
>>17945305
Maybe the reaction is delayed, or it actually summons something only later. You never know. Be skeptical. Start at the root and keep drilling.
>>
>>17945211
She's not actually dead. She faked her death and went on the lam.
>>
>>17945211
Its not /x/ if theres not an elisa lam thread
>>
>>17945329
toppest of keks
>>
>>17945211
Any one have a webm?
>>
>>17945256
Under rated post
>>
>>17945240
DON'T PANIC!
>>
File: 1459260605721.jpg (16KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1459260605721.jpg
16KB, 384x384px
>>17945309
Are you actually autistic or just a role player?
What fucking effect would pushing numbers on a random ass elevator have on absolutely anything ever seriously
>>
>>17945268
THESE ARE NOT THE CORRECT INSTRUCTIONS!
ANYONE FOLLOWING THESE STEPS WILL DIE!

The complete guide can be found here:
https://theghostinmymachine.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/the-most-dangerous-games-elevator-to-another-world/

I will pay over 9000 Internets to the brave fem/anon who does this while live streaming it to us! Bonus if you point your phone at the girl that gets in the elevator. I double dog dare you!

Also, lots of spooky stuff at the aforementioned site.
>>
>>17945329
Nice
>>
File: interstate.jpg (68KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
interstate.jpg
68KB, 800x484px
>woman is known for having bipolar and therefor short temper

>she is seen yelling at someone off camera probably because she lost her temper

>fight escalates and she becomes scared of person she is fighting with, hides in elevator

>because she is bipolar cant resist yelling back to who she is fighting then hiding again

>person she offended murders her, dumps on the roof because its convenient and a good hiding spot and steals her stuff

>gangs are very common in LA

> /x/ thinks she summoned a ghost via a creepypasta
>>
why the fuck every time i go on /x/ somebody makes a god damn thread about elisa lam
>>
>>17945216
Idk if you're being serious or sarcastic, but this has been discussed on /x/ all the time since like, 2013 or some shit
>>
>>17945936
>Idk if you're being serious or sarcastic

Clearly.
>>
Psychotic event

climbed into a water tank

the end
>>
>>17945441
This.

The story would be a little more believable if it was one specific elevator in one specific building, but saying that you can do this in any elevator makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>17945211
Heard she was playing "the elevator game" and got possessed...it seems too outrageous to believe. I think it was a media experiment to fuck with the public. How convenient that Wikipedia would release intimate details about her autopsy (like about rectal prolapse... who needs to know that? So amateur sleuths can come up with theories like "oh she was raped!" You think her family wouldn't want details like that released right? Why does the public need to know that? Why would they release this footage? Why would the polio epademic that just so happened to occur right by the hotel conveniently b called "lam elisa"?? I think it was a big media hoax to stir people up.
>>
>>17945683
If someone murdered her the autopsy would show it.
>>
>>17946189
Why would "the media" want to stir people up? And how would they fake this? Do the news companies own the police or something?
>>
>>17946213
Well calling it the media is probably not the right term to use...I just feel like it's a hoax thats either used to distract people, or a social experim we nt, or just...something really odd like that. This whole story is crazy. It just seems too far fetched to be real.. I dunno man
>>
>>17945211
experiment by the illuminatai
>>
>>17946231
So you're saying it was just a prank?
>>
>>17946163
Maybe is supposed to be like the ouija board, you can make one out of pretty much everything and it would still work
>>
>>17945211

Tuberculosis medicine cover up by big pharma
>>
>>17946277
It's possible!
>>
The hotel where this happened is being gutted and renovated.
>>
>>17946305
So how'd she get through locked doors and into a huge water barrel n close heavy lids on herself.
>>
>>17946363

Only her name has to do with the tuberculosis coverup. Read up if you wanna google it.
>>
>>17945240
This would just create dead space in the wave and the voice would not be able to be picked up or understood. The only thing similar to this is screwing with theta waves via binaural waves.

Even then the reactions are subtle and would take a long long time to affect anyone
>>
>>17945301
Dude really? I know /x/ is filled with mental illness but riding elevators up and down is not going to teleport you to another world. Get your shit together guys
>>
>>17945253

>Camera tampered with
>Found in hotel said camera was in under "inexplicable" circumstances

Why is this so hard to decipher for everyone?
>>
>>17946348
can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>17945256
kek
>>
There isn't enough evidence to strongly make a case towards any of the suggested theories.

Personally, I think it was a well executed homicide. How and by whom, I'm unsure. I don't by her supposed sudden mental illness nor do I buy any paranormal ideas. Leaving only one possible explanation.
>>
>>17945216
is obviously joking, and it's top-shelf kek.
>>
The hotel has always been sketch. Two serial killers set up shop there. People are always hanging out in the halls b/c the rooms suck. This is not the Hilton. People took a week to finally investigate the black water.

Lam was not in the best state of mind in the first place. It seems obvious to me someone wanted that booty will-she-nil-she, and she was getting away. She made it to the top, wasn't sure if she was still being followed, and hid in the water tank in a state of panic.

Bad move. The end.
>>
>>17946709
She could not have gotten in the water tank by herself, this is a well known fact. Someone had to have placed her in there.
>>
>>17946713
>this is a well known fact.
This is a well-known lie. She could have. Investigators showed how she could have. Easily.
>>
>>17946725
I neither believe or disbelieve you when I say this but, source?
>>
>>17946727
Excellent instinct! Question everything! Open mind.

This issue is listed on the Wiki as unresolved. So if there is a resolution, someone needs to update the Wiki.
>>
>>17946694
Fucking this.
It was well executed
>>
>>17945270
>elevator not working
>assumes it is motion sensored so she makes weird hand symbols
>goes to didferent part of elevator cus waiting
>looks out for anyone to help her
>leaves

I dont get why nobody has though of this yet
>>
>>17947703
I meant to say makes weird hand motions not symbols
>>
>>17945563
Ok, honest question. IF this is fake, how come we don't have footage of it being done and resulting in nothing? Has no one in the world ever tried this silly thing? Or we don't have proof because this shit works and no one ever came back?
>>
>>17947722
just youtube elevator game or elevator ritual

you can't explain that
>>
>>17945211
There's an Elisa Lam threath every week, you will only get retarded "theories", the truth is no one knows the truth.
>>
>>17947703
But that's not spoopy or illuminati enough.
>>
>>17947740
I know. I just hate when retards make up so bullshit far fetched supernatural ghost "theories" or whatever to explain it when they can come up with something way simpler
>>
>>17947728
Shit, never thought about youtube searching
>>
>>17947758
Has it occurred to you that multivariable systems are common among thinking beings.
>>
>>17945253
All of those "rumors" were fabricated by reddit. This entire saga is reddit incarnate.
>>
>>17946694
>I don't by her supposed sudden mental illness
>sudden

She was already on meds (that she wasn't taking.) There wasn't anything sudden about it.
>>
>>17947883
Has it occurred to you that critical thinking is nonexisten in /x?
>>
>>17948129
Yes, and every time I think about it it becomes obvious that this board is full of critical thinking. People who don't think for themselves don't think critically, so if you're here it's very likely that you're among the most critically thinking demographic on Earth.
>>
>>17945211
Nobody knows and they never will. Stop making these threads.
>>
>>17948173
I think you have the wrong definition for "critical", i mean, your own definition couff* sorry couff*

Given all the resources we have if you think all this crap is critical go check yourself
>>
File: el.jpg (603KB, 1526x2048px) Image search: [Google]
el.jpg
603KB, 1526x2048px
I just wish that I could have saved her.
I spend ages reading about this case, and it made me depressed.

I think there was somebody else on that floor and that she was trying to get away from them.
>>
>>17948357
Is she your waifu?
>>
>>17948378

Something like that.

Damn -_-

I never bought that she lifted that lid from the water vat and closed it herself. And if she was hiding from somebody and died as a result, there was still somebody else involved who got away with it.
>>
>>17945211
I heard she was rooking for ruv in a erevator
>>
>>17948173
Critical thinking is quite the opposite of what you think it is, it seems. This board is fun and I like the people here, but the literal opposite of critical thinking takes place here, which would be defined as baseless assumptions I guess.
>>
>>17946713
She was found naked also... clothes floating beside her.
>>
>>17945563
batshit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AsVEbYfa7I
>>
>>17950062
made me smirk, thanks anon
>>
>>17946499
>riding elevators up and down is not going to teleport you to another world

Why did this make me laugh so hard
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJCADL83X0

much less weird at the correct speed, my guess is the cctv system was old and shabby like the rest of the hotel which is why the tape when played in a different system was at a different speed.

If i'm honest it looks like a drunk chick getting into an elevator the door not closing very quickly (they are slow as fuck in the hotel), then her drunkenly assuming someone is there as the door isn't closing. Then she just kinda does drunk chick shit
>>
I dont think the elevator was broken, she was hitting rows of buttons repeatedly and might have been hitting the hold button without realizing
>>
>>17945211
Don't know how much these points are discussed, there was the obvious dark water connection but what was more interesting was with the remake. As you know this is where the Black Dahlia was last seen and Jennifer Connelly who strongly resembles Elizabeth Short was set to play her but instead committed to dark water, her daughter was called Cecilia like the Cecil hotel. The blog is also fascinating as is the coincidence of the TB kit.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
It was obviously just her BPD, not a murder or illuminati brain magic. She probably had a manic episode and went off her meds. Before she was moved to her own room, she had been staying with four other students who reported "odd behavior" and asked that she be moved. People experiencing mania are known to suffer from delusions and paranoia. She probably climbed up onto the roof, stripped naked, and hid in the water tank. I know people with BPD. Its obviously not this severe but I can recognize it. As far as I know, there is no evidence contradicting this theory, so I'm not sure why mind control or murder is the first conclusion people draw.
>>
>>17951048
and closed the lid and locked it from the outside?
>>
>>17948357
Write an indie folk record about it and become the next big meme on /mu/
>>
>>17945211
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/3amnrx/resolved_elisa_lam_long_link_heavy/
>>
Probably stalked and camera edited. Hopefully employees were questioned well
>>
File: Christ.png (357KB, 846x433px) Image search: [Google]
Christ.png
357KB, 846x433px
Also. I think she pressed the button that stops elevator for 30 seconds which is why she was there and it wasn't opening. She may have though it had a sensor too. so she moved around a lot. plus asians look weird when they move.

My 2 cent playboi
>>
Looks like there was somebody to the left side. You see a foot for a second. she goes out to the left like someone is telling her something. And when she goes in it looks like she was sort of shoved or forced to go in. She was murdered for sure. Lefts side and tape latered
>>
>>17945240
Sound engineer here.
A tone at 15kHz would be audible and give you a headache. You'd definitely notice it.

The inaudible is anything past 20,000 Hz, and even people hard of hearing can hear up to 18kHz.
>>
>>17945683
How did her Body end up in the tank past the locked door? How isn't the person seen on CCTV, or the murder seen on autopsy?
>>
>>17945211
Look up the fact that the footage has been edited, slowed down, and parts taken out. The people who work in the hotel know something no one else does.
>>
File: 1439104132266.png (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1439104132266.png
2MB, 1280x800px
>>17948357
>>17951099
Do you wish you could have saved her in some sort of time machine?
>>
>>17946163
it's an elevator repair procedure
>>
>>17945216
best bait all week
>>
>>17946727

Not the guy you're responding to, but there's a lot of evidence against the idea that she somehow couldn't have got in the tank by herself. There's basically a ladder you can climb that let's you drop down onto the tanks.

Here's a video that a chinese tourist made when he visited the hotel. You get to see footage of the elevator, of the roof, of the tanks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YweZJeZo13A

So yeah, the whole thing about her not being able to get into the tank is a lie. People on the internet literally just made it up when there was less information available on the case.
>>
File: TkE54C6[3].jpg (304KB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
TkE54C6[3].jpg
304KB, 5184x3456px
>>17948397

I disagree. First of all, it's a total lie that the lid would have been too heavy to lift. Just take a look at my picture (the actual water tanks at the hotel). The metal looks fairly thin on the lids and they really couldn't be very heavy. And secondly, it's possible that she could lift the lid halfway and slip into the tank, letting the lid close above her as she falls into the water.

I don't know, maybe there was foul play involved. But there's no evidence to go against the 'official' story of her having a mental breakdown and hopping into the water tank in her confused state.
>>
>>17945268
No blowjob tho?
>>
>>17945216
Hello new friend :^)
>>
>>17953843
Sup newest friend
>>
The elevator video points to a psychotic episode. We know she was bipolar, and bipolars do irrational things during manic phases.

She was taking a spur of the moment vacation all by herself, wasn't she? That by itself indicates she wasn't all there.
>>
>>17953843
[spoiler][/spoiler]
>>
>>17945683
>she is seen yelling at someone off camera
Nope. You never see her yelling at anyone.
>>
>>17946189
>Why would the polio epademic that just so happened to occur right by the hotel conveniently b called "lam elisa"??
The epidemic wasn't called "lam elisa" that is the name of one type of test for TB.
>>
>>17948357
>Trying to get away from someone
>Stand in an elevator for ages
If she was trying to get away from someone she would have gone straight for the stairs the moment the elevator didn't work.
>>
>>17951052
She climbed in and drowned. Later a worker noticed the lid open and went up to close it and lock it.
Not that hard to work out.
>>
>>17954685
from what I have gathered the TB test is simply called ELISA. I have no idea where did you guys get the "lam" part from.
>>
>>17954704
http://www.mybiosource.com/prods/ELISA-Kit/Human/Lipoarabinomannan/LAM/datasheet.php?products_id=29368

The LAM part is basically what they are testing, and is short for Lipoarabinomannan
>>
The way she was moving was the worst part, very disturbing
>>
>I just picked my nose, and the dried booger I pulled out looked kinda weird and twisted. Do you think I should buy an air moisturizer?

>/x/phile: Dood your body is rejecting the mind control nanobots the occult reptilian gubmint secretly adds to vaccines. I know this because Xenu's 17-th dimensional mind construct taught it to me via violent anal rape therapy, but isn't actual rape because he only surprisebuttsecks your astral form, not your actual body because your body belongs to the Jewderberg Group. Did you know taht you can astral project by setting fire to a mullberry bush and playing The Rainbow Connection backwards on a 1996 Sony Walkman with the summoning glyphs for Goatman, Mr. Rogers' Ghost and Beelzebub inscribed on its lid with the csf of a rabid squirrel?
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (487KB, 799x848px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
487KB, 799x848px
>>17955011
>>
>>17955061
Real guy looks like a jackass. I'd believe in MIB just to spite him.
>>
>>17955080
>I'll willingly delve into a state of delusion just to get back at my bully
/x/ ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>17955131
You must have very strong beliefs.
>>
>>17951744
Did it have a mirror before? That means she could have seen the person or persons through that which would have been odd.

Also not one camera in the city shows her climbing up fucking stairs to water tower?
>>
https://youtu.be/GiVFRYUgMV0
>>
>>17951260
i thought the door was not locked? or are you talking about the tank hatch
>>
>>17947758
>what is general relativity
>>
>>17945211
How many years ago was this now?

Time to find something new to obsess over.
>>
>>17957125
Was the door to the roof not locked or alarmed?
>>
>>17945683
Wooa u is so snart. . . U shud b decteretive. Lmao shut the fuck up m8 you know nothing.
>>
>>17954689
sadly our society has enabled people with poor reactions to threats to pass their genes
there are people who fight when they panic
people who run until they drop
and then there are people who stay still hoping the threat goes away
>>
>>17945211
haha still rambling about her
fuck you /x/
>>
>>17948173
>critical thinking
anon you have failed
better luck tomorrow
>>
File: bejker-4.jpg (53KB, 250x327px) Image search: [Google]
bejker-4.jpg
53KB, 250x327px
Elisa Lam is the banana of /x/
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.