[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alchemy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 25

File: pinakas alchemy.jpg (315KB, 1600x925px) Image search: [Google]
pinakas alchemy.jpg
315KB, 1600x925px
So /x/, what can you tell me about alchemy? What culture is generally accepted as its original inventors? Is there any evidence in history of success? Is there any modern basis for it(outside of nuclear fusion)?
>>
>>17943995
I call bullshit on the pic. Where the fuck is Pluto? I mean, I know it isn't a planet now, but back then, it was...
>>
>>17944013
When the fuck was "then?"
Pluto was discovered in 1930.
>>
>>17944023
Back then, you know...
>>
>>17944029
Don't worry anon, op just doesn't know God created the universe in 1717 so America could be free from the homosexual communist.
>>
>>17944116
The universe as I know it was created in '91.
>>
File: alkhem.jpg (21KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
alkhem.jpg
21KB, 224x225px
>>17943995
Egypt probably takes the cake. I think the word derives from alkhemy or some weird spelling like that, but I think I could just be pulling useless info out of my skull.

Fulcanelli (master alchemist) has had success, as well as his students. His books ''Mystery of the Cathedrals'' and ''Dwellings of the Philosophers'' have all the information about alchemy you need to know... it's just hidden.

Apparently, fulcanelli was able to complete the work and transcend to the next dimension. His lead disciple Eugène Canseliet had supposed encounter with Fulcanelli is a weird limbo state. Also, Canseliet (with Fulcanelli and Julien Champagne as witnesses) was able to transmute 100g of lead into gold.

here's some information on the supposed meetup:
http://thesonsofthelawofone.com/TheLawofOneLibrary/The.Secret.History.of.the.World/files/basic-html/page82.html

here are the two books. happy seeking, anon.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/fulcanelli_mysterecathedrales.pdf
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/dwellings_philosophers.pdf

Mystery of the cathedrals should be read first.
>>
>>17944157
Why not just give the info? Who has the time to read books in this day and age?
>>
File: ouroboros2.jpg (19KB, 215x217px) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros2.jpg
19KB, 215x217px
>>17944175
There's no just ''giving the info''. The information is intentionally obscured (some alchemist will just flat out lie in their texts just to weed out the ''puffers'').

If your wish is to create the stone, you can't manifest that without internal transformation. Fulcanelli.

The stone itself, in my opinion, is a physical and non physical thing. If my knowledge of alchemical symbolism is correct, than the stone is a projected piece of your spirit made tangible in the physical realm. You cannot create the stone, unless you've already created it (or unlocked, rather) inside yourself. This is about the biggest hint I have to offer. No I haven't made the stone, nor do I know how to.

Radical forms of transformation must take place before any of this can be achieved. Sadly you can't just get the cliff notes on alchemy. It's way too dense and riddled with allegory. Learn the symbolism, start trying to make your way through the texts. That's all you can truly do.
>>
>>17944199
i did not type the word ''Fulcanelli.'' in my last post. that's weird haha
>>
>>17944199
>the stone is a projected piece of your spirit made tangible in the physical realm
Like the lich thingies, what are they called? Or Voldemorts horcruxes?
>>
File: smgif.gif (234KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
smgif.gif
234KB, 500x350px
>>17943995
>>
>>17944215
Not a bad comparison, Rowlings is definitely into alchemy and incorporates it into the HP series, but as far as I know the stone itself supposedly really non-assuming in appearance. Mostly everyone would just walk away from it if they were to actually see it. To transmute lead to gold, apparently all you do is chip off an appropriate amount from the stone and throw it into the furnace with lead and it works.

To me the basic premise of alchemy is that everything varies in degrees. For example there is not hot or cold, just a varying degree of temperature. Lead is a lower degree of gold, so the logic is that it can become gold through inner transformation. That last sentence holds true for the internal work and external work of alchemy. Alchemy requires inner work (self transformation and gaining inner knowledge) and outer work (applying what you've learned into your every day life to complete your magnus opus). Basically you have a real furnace, and your own personal furnace (your body). The secret of the stone is that it is created by the ''secret fire''. I would speculate that this ''secret fire'' is the stress caused by our nervous system. We can use that secret fire to further our work. I.e. Transforming negative energy to positive energy.

Random other tidbits I can think of:

number are 0-9
9=0. This means that 9 is the culmination of all (the aboslute, god, the universe, whatever you prefer), and 0 would be the opposite. The seperation. It still refers to everything, but not as a unified force. So if 9 is god, then 0 would be like energy particles.
>>
>>17944274
So, you're telling me, my work with Thelema can easily be tweaked into alchemy?
>>
>>17944274
Fulcanelli teaches a lot of the internal and external work, although it's so riddled and obfuscated. For more insight into the internal work that goes along with alchemy, Carl Jungs work has in my opinion basically nailed everything on the head. Fuck that projectin ass momma fucker freud, Jung IMO made a way more beneficial contribution to modern psychology!

http://www.cgjungpage.org
>>
>>17944292
>le archetypes
>le red book
He's a meme.
>>
>>17944290
All paths lead to the same end destination, anon. Alchemy is one of many. Although I think Crowley and Blavatsky were more into the popularity of being ''the guru''. Although it's probably ignorant of me to conflate thelema and theosophy so....

My opinion is that all occult groups follow the same things, basically. They just have a different skin of symbolism (that normally ends up not being so different) to get its point across. The best excuse for rituals I ever heard is that: the masters had to explain their results somehow!
>>
>>17944301
or rather not that they ''follow the same thing'', but invoke the same universal rules to obtain their means. So like, if we can just manifest shit by being in the zone and thinking it into existence, then any ritual is nothing more than an ambient back track to get you in the mood.

Like i don't think it has anything to do with how perfect your salt circle is or how many times you chant your mantra. I think a lot of people just need a sound ''belief'' to get results because people don't believe in themselves.
>>
>>17944298
And?
>>
>>17944317
And what?
>>
>>17944317
I don't know even know what they're trying to say to me to be honest. Carl Jung is a meme, as opposed to someone who did better work than him? If that's the case, I hope anon contributes to this thread because that would be some super helpful information!
>>
>>17944157
I recommend to read Fulcanelli together with the Compass Of the Wise

Here is a huge library of alchemy

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uldbxpm2nyw7a
>>
>>17944332
>contributes
That's such a harsh word, anon. I like chaos and confusion better. I'll contribute this, though. Alchemy is worse than chemistry when it comes to blowing shit up.
>>
>>17944340
Thank you so much for this post! I will start Compass of the Wise today by your suggestion. Fulcanelli has certainly taught me a lot, but the yearning never ceases.
>>
File: CLASSIC KIT-300_tcm18-155693.jpg (31KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
CLASSIC KIT-300_tcm18-155693.jpg
31KB, 300x232px
>>17944340
Also a recommended reading:

Hermes Unveiled
The Last Will and Testament of Basil Valentine
Coelum Philosophorum of Paracelsus
Works by Philalethes
>>
>>17944342
Harsh in what way? I only wanted to give anon the benefit of a doubt that they weren't shit posting. Otherwise, that post was blatantly shit posting (without even making its point?).

I agree with that, so many deaths of puffers looking for riches. They'd try literally any formula handed to them. As i said in an earlier post, alchemist WILL LIE to you in their books to see if you've been paying attention. This means that some of those lies (most of them are not dangerous, just misleading) are dangerously combustible experiments.
>>
File: The Compass of the Wise.jpg (641KB, 708x1153px) Image search: [Google]
The Compass of the Wise.jpg
641KB, 708x1153px
>>17944350
Absolutely, my friend. Compass of the Wise and Fulcanelli complement each other perfectly and in a revealing manner. You can find the Compass of the Wise in library link i posted under the rams section, if you don't already have it.
>>
>>17944365
Who are we talking about? And who am I? And I wanna kablooie
>>
>>17944215
phylactery. . .
>>
Thoughts on Paulo Coehlo's The Alchemist?
>>
>>17944369
That's the one! I believe that I have forgotten more than most people ever learn...
>>
>>17944366
Once again, thanks. I haven't read through Fulcanelli's work while thoroughly cross-referencing it, but that's the only way to get a full scope of the great work.
>>
>>17944376
>>17944369

There is a wizard in the slavic folklore that hid his soul in a needle pin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koschei
>>
File: hermetic.jpg (53KB, 301x537px) Image search: [Google]
hermetic.jpg
53KB, 301x537px
>>17944366
>>
>>17943995
>What culture is generally accepted as its original inventors?

Early chemistry

>Is there any evidence in history of success

Modern chemistry

>Is there any modern basis for it

All of the benefits modern chemistry offers today.
>>
>>17944116
dead
>>
>>17944116
dang hommies
>>
File: MED02.jpg (160KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MED02.jpg
160KB, 500x500px
>>17944404
>>
>>17944465
>>
File: 993242.jpg (160KB, 1239x864px) Image search: [Google]
993242.jpg
160KB, 1239x864px
>>17944468
>>
File: mutus_manget_4.jpg (175KB, 602x862px) Image search: [Google]
mutus_manget_4.jpg
175KB, 602x862px
>>17944471
>>
>>17944471
cool image. are the halos moon and sun? why does man hold the snake, is a symbol for wands or fire? why use the cardinal signs instead of the fixed ones?

in any case, image saved.
>>
Anyone have info on mass media alchemy?
>>
Looking to turn my piss to wine.
>>
>>17943995
>What culture is generally accepted as its original inventors?
I think it properly began as a fusion of Egyptian metallurgy and Greek metaphysics, meaning it's probably most recognizably alchemy somewhere around the time of Greek-occupied Egypt. At some point it was adopted by the Persians, who perfected it, and then it was later introduced into Europe sometime around the Renaissance.
>Is there any evidence in history of success?
Depends on what evidence you'll take, I suppose.
>>
>>17944013
Except it wasn't. Pluto wasn't fully discovered until the 20th century. IIRC it was named after Mickey's dog, and not the Romanized name of Hades.

>>17943995
Alchemy is the basis for modern chemistry. You can easily separate Alchemy into the categories of Magic and Science. The science side looks a lot like modern chemistry (including nuclear physics, bio-chem, and metallurgy), but without the scientific method or modern knowledge (water isn't an element, aluminum is, blah blah blah). The magical side is mostly Greek philosophy (ex: the animus) and Egyptian mysticism (ex: the gold fetishism).

>>17944124
Me too.
>>
Would you be interested in licking batteries because they sure don't go in blowholes.
>>
>>17947126
>Alchemy is the basis for modern chemistry.
Having read the Emerald Tablet, there's no fucking way Alchemy is primarily physical.

In Taoism, Alchemy is entirely spiritual and I'm sure it was the same way in the west. There's no such thing as a physical female/male elixir.
>>
>>17947157
>In Taoism, Alchemy is entirely spiritual and I'm sure it was the same way in the west.

Not really.
>>
>>17947157
>In Taoism, Alchemy is entirely spiritual

Ever heard of Waidan and Neidan, kid?
>>
>>17947160
>>17947170
Yes, but we all know drinking physical mercury isn't going to make you immortal. Hence, alchemy has to be primarily spiritual.
>>
>>17947174
>isn't going to make you immortal.

Irrelevant. They consumed mercury, arsenic lead etc. It was a big part of the practice.
>>
>>17947188
>Irrelevant. They consumed mercury, arsenic lead etc. It was a big part of the practice.
lol and they died.

Go ahead and fall into the fool's trap by ingesting lead and mercury. The only way you can have immortality is through spiritual means, because the physical world is too limited.
>>
>>17947200
>lol and they died.

Did you know that realgar wine, a high content arsenic wine, is still a widely consumed delicacy, especially during the holidays?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realgar_wine

>The only way you can have immortality is through spiritual means, because the physical world is too limited.

No, it's not. We've identified the reason for aging and scientists are optimistic that we can stop or even reverse the process in the next few decades. And that is a tangible claim, unlike your zealot metaphysical speculations.
>>
>>17944013
The same reason that Uranus and Neptune aren't on there genius, they hadn't been discovered yet.
>>
>>17947208
>And that is a tangible claim
Scientists have no answer to aging yet. They sure as hell can't reverse wear and tear on the brain.

Otherwise all those rich fucks like Soros wouldn't age.
>>
>>17947222
Wow, still raging about an obvious baiting shitpost.
>>
>>17947174
>Hence, alchemy has to be primarily spiritual.

You still don't get it. Any quest for the extension of life seeks a material end.
>>
>>17947428
>Any quest for the extension of life seeks a material end.
That's bullshit and you know it. I want eternal life for the soul as well. Is that materialistic?

Your hatred of physical life is perverse.
>>
File: download.jpg (15KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 219x230px
So if you want to make philosphers stone you have to be worthy from inside but why the crap would you really need to be decrypter and also a chemist. Gee.. wish that there would be a easyer way to read those istructions on how to make philosophers stone. Would be great if my spirit could pay my bills that easy
>>
>>17943995
That image gives me a strong sense of how much alchemy influenced history. Literally wouldn't have the world we have today without chemists and their weird symbols.
>>
>>17947816
>So if you want to make philosphers stone you have to be worthy from inside
The whole point of alchemy is turning the your soul (the metals) into gold. The result is immortality.
>>
>>17947692
>Your hatred of physical life is perverse.
This is the mindset of every Christian ever.
>>
>>17943995
Alchemy doesn't have a specific origin been practiced by pretty much every culture
>>
File: hermetis.gif (158KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
hermetis.gif
158KB, 500x663px
>>17948065
>The whole point of alchemy is turning the your soul (the metals) into gold.

Wrong. Read more, study more.
>>
File: resized_MyliusSeries_0006.jpg (260KB, 999x834px) Image search: [Google]
resized_MyliusSeries_0006.jpg
260KB, 999x834px
>>
>>17948315
Read more yourself, arrogant shitposter.
>>
go back to /div/
>>
>>17948331
I'm just trying to tell you that you can't learn alchemy from YouTube vuideos, or by reading the back cover of Psychology and Alchemy. You better heed the advice if you wanna get anywhere.
>>
>>17948380
>You better heed the advice if you wanna get anywhere.
I am reading about alchemy. It's clearly not materialistic like you think.
>>
Not op. didnt came here to read about two faggots arguing shit. any actual advice ? books ? info?
>>
>>17949490
>actual advice ?
Anyone ?
>>
>>17947692
>That's bullshit

Only because you claim it is bullshit. It's actually the truth.
>>
File: A_Riddle.jpg (1MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
A_Riddle.jpg
1MB, 2480x3508px
>>
File: Tools.jpg (1MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Tools.jpg
1MB, 2480x3508px
>>
>>17949490
Hey the basis of alchemy is that everything is a holographic representation of the entire universe. Imagine life was a movie, in a movie the main characters actions are a metaphor for the entire movie. You live your life as if every action was a metaphor for the state of the entire universe, and learn to use symbolic actions to effect the current of your own life. That's the basic idea of alchemy. All this stuff about the elements and precious metals, they're all metaphorical.
>>
>>17950721
>Only because you claim it is bullshit. It's actually the truth.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being materialistic. Your have a body for a reason.

Why don't ghosts do alchemy? Because they're dead. Hence, I have a great reason to live as long as I can.
>>
>>17951065
>There is absolutely nothing wrong with being materialistic.

Why are you responding to me, then?
>>
The white lily is considered to represent the feminine principle. What flower represents the male principle?
>>
>>17949490
>any actual advice ? books ? info?

read the threads, kids

>>17944340
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uldbxpm2nyw7a
>>
>>17950787
>Hey the basis of alchemy is that everything is a holographic representation of the entire universe. Imagine life was a movie, in a movie the main characters actions are a metaphor for the entire movie. You live your life as if every action was a metaphor for the state of the entire universe, and learn to use symbolic actions to effect the current of your own life. That's the basic idea of alchemy. All this stuff about the elements and precious metals, they're all metaphorical.

Kek

see

>>17948380
>>
>>17948432
>It's clearly not materialistic like you think.

>think

Why do you suppose everyone is an armchair alchemist, like you?
>>
File: 1457926151150.jpg (15KB, 318x405px) Image search: [Google]
1457926151150.jpg
15KB, 318x405px
>>17944370
>>
>>17952400
MAH BOI
>>
>>17943995
Alchemy is simply put the precursor to modern chemistry and an attempt to find out the physical properties of the materials of the world
The magic shit is just occultist idiots fapping over theories that were disproven or integrated into modern apparatus
Basically the symbology is as spooky and deep as a periodic table
>>
Have another questions for you guys. What are you looking for doing alchemy? is there a common goal to all alchemists? Are you just reading books or someone here have his own lab or whatever ?
>>
>>17953908
>as spooky and deep as a periodic table
So pretty fuckin' spooky then.
>>
>>17951085
>Why are you responding to me, then?
To refute your bullshit anon
>>
>>17953908
Another stupid kid from reddit thinking he has figured it out all. Science has actually proven transmutation real.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_transmutation
>>
File: typus17.jpg (197KB, 800x1159px) Image search: [Google]
typus17.jpg
197KB, 800x1159px
>>17955214
It's a hobby, a form of code cracking since the alchemists veiled their processes, mental or physical, behind layers of mysterious symbolism. My goal is to learn where that symbolism leads me, with no expectations attached to it. If it turns out to be all fluke, at least i've cracked the symbols.
>>
>>17944340
>>17944350

which folder is Compass of the Wise in?

i've searched half of the folders in your library, but can't find that one. thank you in advance.
>>
>>17955396
It's in the folder named "rams digital library complete" and then inside the "COMPASS" subfolder.
>>
File: FULCANELLI.jpg (55KB, 728x628px) Image search: [Google]
FULCANELLI.jpg
55KB, 728x628px
>>17955396
Also:

Compass of the Wise
Limojon de Saint-Didier
Cyliani
Philalethes
and Fulcanelli

Belong to the same lineage. You should also about Fulcanelli disciple, Eugene Canseliet, who wrote a book that has not been translated into English. The book is about his interpretation of the Mystery of the Cathedrals and the Dwellings of the Philosophers, and describes the processes of confecting the philosopher's stone using antimony. Canseliet has never been successful in the task.
>>
>>17955453
*you should also know
>>
File: no compass.png (173KB, 932x1342px) Image search: [Google]
no compass.png
173KB, 932x1342px
>>17955430

i don't see that subfolder within the RAMS directory.. did i get the wrong link ?
>>
>>17955462

nvm got it
>>
so much wrong ITT. if only you read The Dwellings of the Philosophers, you would see 90% of what is said in this threads is bullshit. But if you wan't to keep reading authors that haven't touched a crucible in their lives and think it's all about "spiritual change" then go ahead and waste your time.

protip: if you try hard enough you can find spiritual metaphors even on the back of cereal boxes. It might even help you in your personal growth but it's not the purpose of it.
>>
>>17956766
Whats the point then, dubs
>>
>>17944199
Keep at it. You're on the right path but you have a long road ahead.

>>17944274
Speculation is unhealthy, when you know you will know.

>>17944290

In so far as Crowley is theoretically sound, yes you can.

>>17944292
>>17944298
>le archetypes
>is a better point than people know.

>>17944301
Don't assume everybody or every body gets it right. Far more people fail or get half way and half to stop than succeed. Symbols are poorly created and opaque. Imagination obscures the truth.

>>17946074
Persians didn't perfect shit. Aristotle was too clever for his own good and sent everybody scrambling after Alexander carried it all over the region

>>17947157

>Having read the Emerald Tablet, there's no fucking way Alchemy is primarily physical.In Taoism, Alchemy is entirely spiritual and I'm sure it was the same way in the west.

pretty much.

>>17947200
To be fair, talking about coming to possession of immortality is lulz worthy in itself.

>>17947692
>Your hatred of physical life is perverse.

It is Orphic and Dionysian. No matter how perverse the hatred is, promoting the physical isnt going to help anyone. Let them figure it out.

>>17948315
Not wrong.
>>
>>17956766
One, anytime you think that if everyone only read <blank> they would know the truth, you're admitting your inability to think and be thoughtful for yourself.

Two, as above so below is a fundamental principle for a reason. Order is order across the spectrum. The internal matches the external. Looking like materialism or a physical process is just another way of keeping information from people who are not ready. Puffers are even more primitive than the fanatics and cultists.
>>
File: 0434f062108d981efb930e8b1594951e.jpg (132KB, 736x1140px) Image search: [Google]
0434f062108d981efb930e8b1594951e.jpg
132KB, 736x1140px
>>17943995
paracelsus is quite a figure in alchemy, he is said to be the first one to synthetize heroin from opium ect. also read on Fulcanelli
>>
>>17943995
If you're going to make this a General like /sum/ and /div/ you should get a sticky, as well as a /whatshamacallit/ like /al/ or somehting like that.
>>
File: cat.jpg (46KB, 536x792px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
46KB, 536x792px
>Alchemy is spiritual

When will this meme die? Like whats the issue here, you can't wrap your head around the concept that superstitions about the constitution of matter existed before the atomic theory? You can't wrap your head around the fact that people didn't know elements are forged inside the stars and they made up theories that they're born inside the earth? I do not understand where the spiritual part needs to be invoked to explain superstitions, that people always make up about shit they don't understand. And don't forget greed. Hennig Brand didn't strive to illuminate himself when he discovered phosphorus. Paracelsus didn't want to illuminate himself when he made laudanum. Isaac Newton didn't seek to Illuminate himself when he made antimony regulus. The only case you can make up for alchemy being spiritual, is by Jung assertion that alchemy was actually AN UNCONSCIOUS PROJECTION. That's right. UNCONSCIOUS is the key word here. It wasn't practiced as a conscious yoga as the poorly red new age fags on /x/ like you to believe. I mean look at the knowledge of the average ALCHEMY IS SPURUTL proponent fag on /x/

>>17957895
>Having read the Emerald Tablet, there's no fucking way Alchemy is primarily physical.In Taoism, Alchemy is entirely spiritual and I'm sure it was the same way in the west.

>pretty much.

He arrogantly glossed over a post disproving him here >>17947170

Case closed. Stop spreading new age drivel to explain superstition.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.