[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation Things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 139625780.jpg (94KB, 359x478px) Image search: [Google]
139625780.jpg
94KB, 359x478px
Share stories of meditative experiences, techniques etc.

>4 years go or so
>in my room, decided to try meditating
>have been into eastern religions and practices for as long as I can remember, dad used to meditate/yoga etc.
>Turn off lights, nature sounds playing softly
>eyes closed breathing in through nose, out through mouth
>feel kind of dizzy, like room is spinning
>suddenly perceive myself at the base of a winding staircase
>walk up stairs to dimly lit room with a fountain, and art displayed on walls
>near fountain is an entity that is emanating blue light, he looks like an ancient Greek or Roman
>wearing a toga, blue sparks shooting off his body
>I approach him and he holds out his hand
>In his hand is a shiny silver dagger
>I take the dagger and the scene fades to black
>open eyes

what the fuck?
>>
File: alex-grey-fractal-self-similar.jpg (1MB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
alex-grey-fractal-self-similar.jpg
1MB, 1600x1066px
>>17940676

Well i dont meditate that much, i dont think i even do it right.. (i hate i cant do full lotus) but one time i had a particularly strange experience.

>Smoke strong weed after 2 years of abstinence
>Recently moved to a new country so i have no one to smoke with, i get bored smoking alone.
>Decide to meditate
>Close eyes, deep breathing.
>Start seeing purple waves (and other colors, but purple was the most prominent)
>Suddenly see some lights, this lights are conected and form something like a net or fabric (imagine a carpet). They are endless.
>Try to move, but i cant. Realize i am part of the net. Everything is.

I think what i saw was the fabrics of the universe, or some form of analogy(?) that showed me that everything is connected. We are all part of one big thing. However i cant say what that is.
>>
>>17940730
I've had the same type of experience myself! (OP here) The net type thing exists for sure. I had a pretty serious drug problem for a while so practicing complete abstinence now (8 months sober woo) and I have had stronger experiences since being sober as opposed to when using marijuana or other things, never tried meditation while on mushrooms though, that might be a little too crazy. I subscribe to the idea that there is no "right" way to meditate, as long as you are emptying your mind and practicing measured breathing. seated position doesn't really matter, as long as your are comfortable and totally relaxed. I've had strong experiences in the lotus, kneeling like in prayer, seated in a chair, and laying down in bed.
>>
>>17940744

>there is no "right" way to meditate

Yeah i thinks so too, however there seems to be ''better'' ways.

Altough, Lotus is not necesairly the best way. I think Buddha had more than what position for meditation (if i am not mistaking). One of them was laying on the ground in side ways, i believe.
>>
I do a fairly standard meditation. I relax my body and mind, and empty my mind of all thoughts. After that, I'll either stay in the thoughtless state and just relax, or I'll focus on a particular thing to think about.

Very very rarely, I'll have a vision experience like OP. I'll outline my last below,

>suddenly concious
>surrounded by pine forest, I can see a break in the trees nearby and a sand beach
>arriving on the beach, I stand and watch the water for a moment
>There is a buck nearby, standing on the other side of the shore. It's staring at me with intensity.
>The buck is terrified, and for a moment I can feel its racing heart and its panic.
>lunging forward, it plunges into the water and vanishes into the depths, leaving only a ripple.
>I feel suddenly compelled to follow.
>Diving into the water, I suddenly feel as if floating.
>Beneath the surface, I look up at the sky as my lungs fill with water.
>It doesn't hurt, and there is no fear, no anything. Only quiet and the steady ripppling of the water above.

I would have assumed I had simply fallen asleep while sitting, but it felt nothing like a dream. Too vivid. and it takes some time to actually begin dreaming.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.