[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ approved Movies, TV Shows & Podcasts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 18

File: maxresdefault.jpg (139KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139KB, 1600x900px
Subject line says it all, share your favorite Movies, TV shows & Podcasts that are /x/ approved to give your fellow /x/philes content to watch / listen to.

I'll start

Movies
>The Taking of Deborah Logan
>The Conjuring
>The Witch
>Poltergeist
>The Vatican Tapes
>Dark Skies
>Extraterrestrial

TV Shows -
>The Walking Dead
>Falling Skies
>American Horror Story
>Bates Motel
>Penny Dreadful
>A Haunting

Podcasts -
>Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
>Lore
>The Black Tapes
>TANIS
>Archive 81
>Mysterious Universe
>All Horror Radio

These are just a few, I've watched lots more movies and tv shows but don't think it's necessary to include them all. For the podcasts, those are mainly the ones that I listen to on a daily basis. If you guys have any recommendations, let me know, especially for podcasts, I listen to them daily while at work so I'm always looking for new content.
>>
Everything you just named is all shit you cuck
>>
>>17940508
Thanks for the feedback, I enjoyed watching & listening to everything I mentioned above. Don't really care if you like it or not, why don' you share what you've watched / listen to instead of criticizing me.

Post some good stuff, because apparently I watch / listen to shit content.
>>
>>17940528
Definition of a cuck right there OP

If you wanna shit your pants.
>A Serbian Film
>>
>>17940540
A Serbian film, great, any specific films?

Name a few that you've watched so I we can look into them. Don't think I've watched a Serbian film before.
>>
File: 1440152698784.jpg (118KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1440152698784.jpg
118KB, 720x960px
>>17940483
>Bates Motel
utter trash and you didn't even list the original psycho in movies, please anon, that hurts.
>>
>>17940550
You're in for a treat.
>>
>>17940550
That's the name of the movie bro (its edgy trash)
>>
>>17940483
Gloomy house is the shit. I wish he had an actual upload schedule tho..
>>
>>17940560
I was just naming a few of the top of my head that I've recently watched. I've watched Psycho and it's a great fucking movie. What are other movies that you think are great?

And Bates Motel isn't that bad. Did you even get past the first few episodes?

>>17940568
My bad, I thought you were referring to Serbian films in general. I'll look into that movie, thanks for the recommendation.

>>17940574
Never head of that one, is it a show or a podcast?
>>
>>17940582
>Did you even get past the first few episodes?
Last episode I watched was the one where bates and that girl found a weed farm or something? I lost interest, the drama did nothing for me like the original's eeriness did.
>>
>>17940597
So you did get past the first few episodes then.

In my opinion it's a great show, I really enjoy it and can't wait to watch the next season.

We don't all have the same taste in shows, (you heard it here first, ladies and gentlemen.)

So what are some tv shows that you think are /x/ approved? Come on, share a few that you like.
>>
>>17940582
Its a youtube channel. That pic you posted is the thumbnail from one of his videos i think.
>>
>>17940597
Keep watching, it gets a lot better.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (23KB, 458x321px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
23KB, 458x321px
>>17940483
I tried to start a thread like this a couple days ago but if anyone saw it, they weren't into it enough to reply... so I might as well post them here for you, Anon.

Wire in the Blood
(2002 BBC series)
Seeing as we had a pretty popular thread several weeks ago about serial killers (and one about the Hostel movies), I thought I would start with this one. It's based on a series of books that I have heard are pretty good. The main character is a forensic psychologist who helps the police catch serial killers due to his knowledge of the motivations of the dark side of the human psyche. I feel like you gain a lot of understanding about criminal psychology and disturbed minds from watching this series. A couple of the episodes are occult related too. Good suspense and really unnerving and scary.
>>
File: images (47).jpg (22KB, 463x318px) Image search: [Google]
images (47).jpg
22KB, 463x318px
Cleverman
(Australian series)
Best thing on Aussie TV right now (in my opinion). Season 1 has just finished and only had 6 episodes but they are making another season. Civilisation has somehow recently encroached onto the territory of humanoid mythological hairy people and now they are treated like a subhuman underclass in a government run containment area called The Zone. They live in this ghetto with some of the poorer Aboriginal people of the city. There are other creatures that are more supernatural and more deadly. It's a modern take on the dreaming stories. The old Cleverman (kind of like a shaman) dies, and the new one is quite a reluctant hero. There is a whole science-fiction-merging-with-ancient-spirituality theme going on that is very pleasing.
>>
File: HarryPearcecopy.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
HarryPearcecopy.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
Spooks
(BBC series)
This is by far my favourite television series. It's about post 9/11 MI5 agents. Lots of stuff about government cover ups and conspiracies. It's 10 seasons long but I think the quality is consistently great. So much action, suspense, excellent writing and great acting. Most episodes are edge-of-your-seat exciting and/or contain interesting and complex moral/ethical dilemmas. I highly recommend it.
>>
File: images (50).jpg (37KB, 298x494px) Image search: [Google]
images (50).jpg
37KB, 298x494px
WAX: Or the Discovery of Television Among the Bees
( film)
Gotta warn you this one might not be to everyone's taste. If you look up "cyberpunk films" it's on nearly every list - because it was the first film on the internet in 1991 - which is why I ended up watching it (although it took me over 10 years to get around to it from when I first heard about it). It somehow manages to touch on: visions of the dead, weird insect telepathy, secret weapons being tested on an army base, Christian mysticism & iconography, a mention of possible demons, some sort of shamanic vision quest, time dilations, space/dimension travel, and a bunch of other bizarre shit. It has kind of an amateur feel to it because it's written, directed, acted and narrated by just one guy - but it is worth a watch as it is something of a historical oddity (if you watch it remember that no one else was doing this stuff in 1991 and now we have YouTube). Don't expect a conventional narrative. It's VERY trippy and dream-like, so if watching stuff while high is your thing, that could be fun. It's actually kind of wanky due to it being by just one dude, but it might seem profound on drugs.
>>
File: images (35).jpg (15KB, 434x316px) Image search: [Google]
images (35).jpg
15KB, 434x316px
John Dies at the End
( film)
This one is quite an unexpected gem. It's clever for what it is, well paced and has some quite funny moments. Some of you may have seen it already? Anyway, I won't even try to describe it but it's paranormal as fuck and a fun, mind-bending romp even if it is a little silly. Good use of CGI, I thought.
>>
File: images (51).jpg (24KB, 523x281px) Image search: [Google]
images (51).jpg
24KB, 523x281px
Waking Life
( film)
If you haven't seen this yet, watch it now. I'm sure it won't be everyone's cup of tea but this is one of my all time favourites. It's THE movie for anyone interested in lucid dreaming. It's Rotoscoped like A Scanner Darkly and my favourite monologue near the end talks about Philip K Dick.
>>
File: Russ.jpg (29KB, 590x331px) Image search: [Google]
Russ.jpg
29KB, 590x331px
Surprised no one mentioned True Detective.
>>
>>17941454
Yeah that was a good one. Not gonna bother with second season. Watched one episode and thought it was shit.
>>
File: images (46).jpg (12KB, 357x200px) Image search: [Google]
images (46).jpg
12KB, 357x200px
Mysterious Skin
( film)
Wasn't sure if this one was appropriate to mention. I think it is a good film (as in, tastefully done for the subject matter) but will be deeply unsettling for some people. One of the two main characters has memories of seeing a UFO, losing time and experiencing an alien abduction as a child and is trying to prove it, make sense of it or try to find someone who will believe him or help him understand what happened. The other one is dealing with very different memories of something that happened to him that same summer. Don't watch if you don't want to see a bunch of child sexual abuse.
>>
If you like dark British serial killer stuff, you should check out The Fall. It got 100% on rotten tomatoes and it has Scully from x files as the cop in it! Such a babe.
>>
>>17940483
>>17940483
>The Exorcist
>The Mist
>Alien
>THX 1138
>The Matrix
>28 Days Later
>28 Weeks Later
>Lost Tapes
>Coast to Coast AM
>>
Has anyone seen V? Not V for Vendetta but the series about an alien invasion? It got canned but I kind of like where it ends.
>>
>>17941464
Just saw the trailer for this one, looks like a good film. Just added it to my queue. Thanks anon!
>>
>>17941466
I wish I hadn't watched 28 weeks later. The first one is brilliant but the sequel is trash.
>>
File: Indogene-006.jpg (67KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Indogene-006.jpg
67KB, 400x533px
Defiance (the series)
Eh, it has cool costumes/make up and different ayy lmao races.
>>
I fucking love Orphan Black.
>>
>>17941412
>>17941419
>>17941426
>>17941431
>>17941434
>>17941442
>>17941464
Great recommendations anon. Thanks for including a description for each film.

>>17941478
I didn't think it was that bad. The first one was definitely a lot better. There might be a 28 months later movies coming out.
>>
>>
File: nightmaredetective4.jpg (31KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
nightmaredetective4.jpg
31KB, 600x338px
Thought this thread was dead and I tried to start another one, so I'll repost:

Everybody on this board ought to have seen Noroi by now, but what about Shiraishi's other movies? Cult and Occult are great, and the latter's ending is probably one of the best depictions of suicide bombings ever. You can find all three on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6qri3HnUQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUtdGUAEttY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilHmpETJgZ0

Another good horror movie is Across the River, pretty much the only decent horror to come out of Italy in the last twenty years or so. Don't be fooled by its cover, it's much more atmospheric than it makes it out to be - you barely see the spooky ghosties, but I guarantee you'll be gripped by anxiety for the whole of the movie.

I've recently seen Marebito, though I'm not really sure if I should recommend it or not; it's average at best as a horror movie, but it's saved by a handful of /x/related ramblings and a few interesting visuals, especially in the first half of the film. Also, the protagonist is played by Shinya Tsukamoto, though I starting to think of him as Constipated Sarariman of Horror. I mean, look at his fucking face.
>>
Can anyone recommend any post 2001 horror movies?
>>
Nightfall is pretty spooky
>>
I think Last Podcast on the Left is good even though they are all liberal cucks that usually doesn't affect the podcast
>>
>>17944121
The Host (2006)

Highly underrated Asian film.
I've seen both the subtitled, and the English dubbed versions. Do yourselves a favor and watch the subtitled version. There is a lot of emotion that is lost in the English dubbed version, and the voice actors clearly did not give a shit about doing their jobs for this film.

You will not regret seeing this film. It's original, scary, sad, and funny. It does all of this while delivering a powerful message about our environment.
>>
>>17944242
Sounds like a good movie, thanks for the recommendation anon. Any other movies?

>>17944210
Last Podcast on the Left guys, please leave. You guys do nothing but joke and laugh the entire time, don't even go into details of whatever subject you're talking about.
Spoopieness = 0/10
>>
>>17941497
Hey thanks!
------------
Yeah, that was me too. I don't usually shit on stuff like that because so many other anons seem to come to 4chan only to do that and I find it really boring. Something about it just seemed like every other stupid action flick when the first one was so atmospheric... just irked me. I checked out the trailer for 28 months later. I would totally watch it. In fact, I hope they just keep going:
28 years later (post-apocalyptic awesome)
28 decades later (humanity slowly rebuilding)
28 centuries later (I would be so impressed if they did this. Quite the world building challenge for any filmmaker and I love me some futuristic sci-fi!)
>>
>>17943567
This is totally on my list of things to watch!
>>
>>17940540
serbian film is edgy trash
watch it only if you're underage
>>
>>17944305
No prob man, you gave good recommendations, this is what this thread is about. If you'd like to recommend any more movies or shows, please do.
----
I don't think there's an official trailer yet for 28 months later, there a couple on youtube claiming to be the official trailer for the movie but they're just fan made.
>>
>>17944260
An oldie, but a goody is 1972`s Horror Express.
Another original plot, strong actors, and we'll made for its time.
Watch it at night, with a qt-pie next to you for some hug action.

Also, "Altered States", mentioned above, is a mind-bender, coupled with bizarre imagery at times.
>>
>>17941419
interesting idea but as a show it is shit.

>>17941426
cliche idea but as a show it is very good.
>>
File: images (45).jpg (25KB, 518x284px) Image search: [Google]
images (45).jpg
25KB, 518x284px
>>17941419
>>17944392
>>
>>17941426
Hey, I only just realised they made a spooks movie in 2015. Watched it last night. It has jon snow in it. Starts several years after the end of the final season.
>>
>>17944351
>fan made trailers

Aww, damn.
>>
>>17940540
>definition of a cuck

except it's not. stop using it as a generic insult, you moron.

a cuck is someone who is forced to watch the person they're in a relationship with have sex with other people while withholding it from them.
>>
>>17941434
total shit.

The book is VASTLY superior, as is the follow-up "This Book is FULL of Spiders. Seriously, Dude. Don't Touch it."
>>
>>17941460
Season 3 is supposed to be like Season 1.
>>
>>17941471
remake of the 80s original. watch that if you want to see some good shit.
>>
Movies
>Rubber (2010)
A homicidal car tire, discovering it has destructive psionic power, sets its sights on a desert town once a mysterious woman becomes its obsession.

>Am 1200 (2008) [short film 39 minutes] [Lovcraftien Horror]
Haunted by recent events and on the run, a man finds himself the unwitting pawn of a possessed evangelical radio station and like his unfortunate predecessor must ask himself whether it is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.
>>
>>17944628
The original V was god tier. Watch the mini-series then the show if you watch it.
>>
>>17944615
Yeah I only just discovered that it was based on a book. Glad I didn't read the book first or it would have wrecked it.

The book is almost always better.
>>
>>17944716
I do use the intro to the movie to get people into the book though, because it's the same as the intro to the book. Like fucking verbatim, and really kind of sets the tone for the whole thing.

That, and Bob Marley (the fake rasta at the party that introduces David to Soy Sauce)
>>
>>17940483
This 1972 film is a cult classic, yet, I've never seen it recommended.
This dark comedy/horror film, has one of thee most creepy soundtracks you'll ever hear.

This film answers the question, "What would Satan do if I pissed him off?"

Prepare to be scareded.
>>
Last Podcast On The Left is the best /x/ podcast.
>>
>>17945619
They're more of a comedy podcast. Laughing the entire fucking time, making shit jokes, and screaming into the mic.

Last Podcast On The Left = Trash
>>
>>17945641

You mean entertaining
>>
I dont know many podcasts or series but i got some movies for you:

>Seven
>8mm
>Serbian Film
>Deathwatch
>Poughkeepsie Tapes
>Eyes wide shut
>Frankensteins army
>Black death
>The hills have eyes
>Chernobyl diaries
>[REC]
>The Machinist
>VHS
>Martyrs

Not all paranormal but spooky/weird shit
>>
>>17945657
No, pretty sure I meant to say trash.
>>
>>17945759

Why are you talking about your taste? Nobody cares, fuckboy.
>>
I saw this in the theater back in 1979.
it scared the shit out of me. I saw it again 25 years later- it scared the shit out of me. "Katadin" is real.

This is the kind of movie that is best enjoyed on a large screen, and a good sound system. Watch it at night, in the dark. Do you live near the woods? watch it at night with the windows open! Live in a cabin by a lake?
I fuckin' DARE YOU to watch this at night.
>>
>>17940574

seems like a lot of clickbait
>>
>>17945766
Nigga wasn't that the movie with ManBearPig?
>>
>>17945812
lol.
you should watch it in a log cabin, by a lake, at night, to find out!
>>
>>17940483
Good list OP, especially the podcasts. Another good horror movie is Absentia, directed by the guy who did Oculus. It's really obvious that the budget was lower for Absentia, but its still great.
>>17945476
Some other good horror B-movies are Nothing Left to Fear (music by Slash, so thats a plus) and Hemoglobin. Hemoglobin might be listed under Bleeders if your in the US.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.