[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think of sigil magick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

What does /x/ think of sigil magick?
>>
>poorly scribbled sigil on loose leaf paper

Middle school was an interesting time
>>
>>17938515

fuck boy. U are just a fuck boy nothing more. Your truly a petty little poser. Watch what u say. The future can be unkind.we have no fucks given about u or youre mickey mouse club so save it.
>>
File: 23423423432.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
23423423432.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>17938527
>>
>>17938527
Boy, sure feels like summer in here
>>
File: wallapper.jpg (63KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wallapper.jpg
63KB, 1024x768px
>>17938551
>>17938558

>falling for a shitpost b8
>>
>>17938558

Of course it's summer. wtf? It's july.

>>17938551

Don't laugh poser fuck. Your nothing more than a poser ass fuck boy. Watch what u say.
>>
>>17938573
Welcome to 4chan newfag!
When some makes a "summer joke" it means we're mocking all the little kiddies that get on 4chan because school is out and they have nothing to do.
>>
File: 2963432a.jpg (35KB, 252x395px) Image search: [Google]
2963432a.jpg
35KB, 252x395px
>>17938579
>FALLING FOR A SHITPOST B8
>>
>>17938581
>FALLING FOR A SHITPOST B8
>IS A SHITPOST
>OH SHIT I JUST GOT DOUBLE B8ED

shut up anon, nobody cares
>>
>>17938579

I'm not new to four chan you poser. I'm a oldfag and no more than u fuckboi. And even if I wasnt, I dont care what your mickey mouse clubhouse thinks of me.

>>17938581

I'm not jailb8 and Im not a little kid so watch what you say.
>>
>>17938586

>Lol newfaggot calls me newfag and cant greentext

>get rekt.

>topkekm8.jpg
>>
File: sgsa.jpg (6KB, 188x251px) Image search: [Google]
sgsa.jpg
6KB, 188x251px
>>17938586
well you're a summerfag just like the other anon then :^)
>>
>>17938485
it's gay
>>
>>17938616

Shut the fuck up you little fuck boi. Your just a poser and don't fit in with this mickey muse club house. The future is unkind to petty ass fuck bois like you. I don't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1453517857694.gif (41KB, 190x223px) Image search: [Google]
1453517857694.gif
41KB, 190x223px
>>
It works, and works well if properly done. Really, it's one of the most fundamental techniques of magic. After all, all those magical symbols in the classical grimoires had to come from somewhere. They weren't all delivered by angels on a silver platter, no matter what the books themselves say, so some version of sigilization is likely what produced them.

That being said, they're also an excuse for would-be magicians to scribble bullshit and claim they're doing serious magic without having to know anything or invest any real effort, a point that I think OP's poorly-drawn example makes eloquently.
>>
>>17938633
nah sigil magic sucks
>>
>>17938485
These sigils are kinda badly made. It definitely looks like I first try sigil. The key is to make it look like you aren't really using letters to make the sigil.
>>
>>17938641
>It works, and works well if properly done.

Okay, so tell me why you haven't won the lottery
>>
>>17938745
Sigils are so vague. From my research, you would have to phrase "I will acquire a great sum of money" instead of "I will win the lottery" for it to work correctly. Personally, I just used them as either aesthetics for home and garden, or coping mechanisms.
They're pretty much described a lot as a magical enhancer :/
>>
>>17938745

Because we're talking about something that has a spectacularly low chance of occurring, and which thousands of other people have a lot of investment in, many of whom are occultists themselves. Sigils work, but not strongly enough that I can make something like that happen.

Your question is roughly equivalent to asking why, if levers work as a way to lift loads, I don't use levers to fling mountains at my enemies.
>>
>>17938788

I thought they were basically psychosomatic? They don't effect the real world at at all but implant into your subconscious to make your more likely to exert your will?
>>
>>17938803
Basically, yeah. It's a motivator.
>>
>>17938803

That's one theory for how they work, sure. Not everyone (or even most people) who use them actually believe that.
>>
>>17938826

Yeah, that's true. There's definitely a lot of theories on them but I thought that's the most commonly accepted theory on homebrew sigils like OP posted.

I'm sure existing sigils work much differently in that's the common belief but homebrew symbols are drawn mainly from letters and not occult symbols.

Although you could in theory add existing occult symbols or runes into your homebrew sigil to amplify the magic which I guess, huh, effects both? Maybe it's a shifting paradigm thing.
>>
>>17938793
Funny how sigils only seem work when there is a large percentage of the event happening regardless of the operation.
>>
>>17938858

Anything that's ridiculously unlikely is going to be hard to accomplish no matter what method you're using.
>>
>>17938855
That's weird too, because homebrew is theorized a lot to work better with specific magic since it is your own spiritual energy so it is specific to you. I have also heard this with tarot spreads.
>>
>>17938615
>says the avatarfag
BUT OH WAIT
it was merely le ebic bait
>>
>>17938878

Well, chaos magick gets a really bad reputation because of a lot of lazy magicians.

People here what you said, which is true and a sound theory, and skip over you know, actual learning on how magick works.

The point of chaos magick and paradigm shifting is not to only make homebrew. It's to have the option to make homebrew once you learn the science behind it and to have the option to use anything that resonates with.

Norse runes don't resonate with you? Then it won't work. Did you major in history and learn all about mythology? Then go get some egyptian and greek rituals cause it resonates to you and is personal in a way. Once you understand that, use methods from what you learned to make homebrew stuff and throwing in other existing stuff that's personal to you will help make it stronger.
>>
>>17938904

>fuck boy. U are just a fuck boy nothing more. Your truly a petty little poser. Watch what u say. The future can be unkind.we have no fucks given about u or youre mickey mouse club so save it.
>>
>>17938907
Well yeah, that makes sense. It's like throwing a much of sweet ingredients together in the oven and expecting a cake when you don't do the research.
>>
>>17938939

Exactly, you have to learn to cook before you can make something let alone study which ingredients compliment each other.

It's a shame how man people read Phil Hine or Peter J. Carrol and the only thing they take away from it is "make your own stuff" and "fap to sigils". Meditation is heavily emphasized for the use of gnosis and I suspect sigils are a easy to use method to motivate you to train your meditation skills and have something to apply it to that's not as tricky as high magick.

Not to mention they also completely miss out on the paradigm shifting and only read chaos magick books which become redundant very fast.
>>
>>17938485
billy brujo
>>
>>17939034

What is /x/'s and the occult community in general's feelings on billy brujo anyways? I can't tell if he's a edgey tryhard of if he really does know his shit underneath his facade.
>>
Big fan of norse rune based sigils. I always call them combination runes, they're pretty fun to make and use can be powerful
>>
>>17939044
He knows his stuff, he's just creating the image/brand/facade so people have something to hold on to and so that the branding can enter the subconscious. Also as a self outlet to create stuff. If ask him a question and he'll try to help you out, good guy overall.
>>
>>17939096

Yeah, he seemed to know him stuff from what I saw but I was skeptical. The branding things make a lot of sense. I guess I'll stop avoiding him.
>>
Why do people always have to be dickhead and ruin threads, that could have potential to be interesting, with a least the possibility of a good discussion of view point?
I don't get it.
>>
>>17938485

Useful, but limited.
>>
>tfw you cast to meet a girl, and you end up meeting a transvestite
>>
>>17939096
He seems like a cringey spastic, but then you watch his videos and realize that the majority of them are very informational. Strange guy to be honest, not sure what his angle is.
>>
>>17939855
I mean, if it had a functioning vag, it is a girl.
>>
>>17940375
I didn't ask.
>>
>>17938588
>Four chan
>Old fag
Major kek. No.
>>
>>17938485
This just reminded me of a sigil I desperately made about 3 months ago. I think it's still lying around here somewhere.

Probably doesn't work - it hasn't taken effect at all.
>>
>>17938485
Niggerdom
>>
Interesting but I'm having trouble figuring out what happens when you apply a current. Where is the AC input?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.