[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chi, Chakra, Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 7.jpg (327KB, 1600x1028px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
327KB, 1600x1028px
I'm looking for books on the subjects mentioned. Post anything that helped you achieve peace of mind, control your chi or unlock chakras. Also if you've had any experiences please share.
>>
>>17938328
Not sure about chakra or chi, because it seems much less science based. Meditation is a very real thing that has profound effects that multimedia Jew-steins work dilligently to bury the modern findings on it, as well as it's timeless origins.
>>
pay attention to your posture and body tensions every moment of the day, focus on relaxing any tension you find.

use a stand up desk if you spend a lot of time at your computer
>>
File: 1468890271109.jpg (87KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468890271109.jpg
87KB, 720x720px
>>17938328
>>17938343
I mean to be fair, it's easy to bash on a psuedoscience or whatever, but I don't see what chakra or chi can do more than meditation.
Lower Tier abilities:
>No bad habits
>Self-control
>Better emotions
>Awareness
>Deep reads into people
>Longer Life
>Lower disease
>Greater intellect

Higher Tier:
>Lucid Dreaming in waking state
>Uncommon ESP
>Levitation(?)
>>
File: 1468910833342.jpg (110KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468910833342.jpg
110KB, 640x640px
>>17938354
I pretty much add that up to being a regular good work ethic. Keeps my mind off of being distracted and keeps me focused to be very into my posture and my own business. Breathing is important for my daily procedure.
>>
>>17938328
>>17938355
>>17938359
Reading is another skill that is often overlooked these days as well. But I think meditation has its set of benefits.
>>
>>17938367
>>17938359
>>17938354

What are some good meditation exercises for a beginner like me?
>>
>>17938328
Find a tai chi class, the teach about flow of energy and how to maximise its benifits within. Also reki practitioners have a bit to teach that's worth learning.
Buddhism teaches the function of your charkras and effective methods of clensing them.
>>17938343
Chi is scientifically based it is just the English language recognises it as something like magic when in fact it is not. Its and exsrention of life energy (hurdur life energy doesn't exist) well it does as an electromagnetic field present in all living things. Sharks actually use this field to find their prey.
>>
File: 1468995575154.jpg (144KB, 962x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1468995575154.jpg
144KB, 962x1440px
>>17938393
General Nope thread. Energy so vital, yet so imaginary. Omnipresent, yet no know way of actually measuring it with technology. I was into the whole prana thing, but then after a little bit of study into what religion does for someone or any other faith-based garbage I realised it's just mania and other circumstancial erratic happiness being triggered. I mean it's good if it does them good, but you can probably have permanent gains to your mentality with a bit of skepticism. I think meditiation is the key. All of the occult psudoscience around it is just a bunch of sci-fi hogwash that need not be in a space of sensitive thought-work.
>>17938380
Sit still. Sit upright. Breath deeply. Not so much an obsessive focus on the tempo but something comfortable. And then have a center. Most people agree that emptiness and clarity are the primordial skills to exercise, but people sometimes use music,metronomes(such as breathing, or mantras to extend their focus onto. Try not to be too hypercritical to your mind watching itself and come to a zoning out. After long term practice or daily investments of effort you should notice a change.
>>
File: 1468906571848.jpg (76KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1468906571848.jpg
76KB, 500x669px
>>17938406
(Continued) It is, however a learned skill like anything else. 2 People can lift every single day and have very different results because of the quality, and other surrounding details. It can give you as much as you let it. I would highly recommend Buddhist reading from the tiptaka for motivation, but I would take it with a grain of salt. It's obviously not everybody's answer. The dhammapada is a very easy read, but it is widely considered to be ficitious, or at least contrary to life itself.
>First is a wide collection(I recommend study guides.) http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/
>Second is Dhammapada
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/kn/dhp/index.html
>>
OP, just get "The Mind Illuminated" by John Yates, aka Culadasa. He used to be a professor of neuroscience and has practiced Buddhist mediation for like 40 years. If you are serious about mediation, it's the only book you need.

But be aware that the method taught is for developing stable attention and mindfulness. You will not find stuff about chi, chakra, third eye, etc. here.
>>
Read the master of the master Osho Rajneesh. For example"The Mystic Experience".

Best master ever. Even more than a genius. Pure intelligence.
>>
>>17938380
>>17938380
Mediation most simply is a diligent focus on a "meditation object", usually and most conveniently--your breath.

As a beginner, get in a comfortable position--I recommend seiza with a cushion sandwiched between your butt and legs. (For me personally, I can't do full or half lotus and Burmese makes my legs fall asleep).

Close your eyes, relax and focus on sensations related to your breath--the rising and falling of your gut or sensations at your nose. When your mind wanders just go back to your breath when you think to, and kind of mentally pat yourself on the back for remembering to go back to your breath--do not get frustrated when your mind wanders. Just return to your breath and be pleased with yourself that you remembered to refocus.

Say during your session that your mind wanders and you think about how your coworker made you angry or something. Accept the thought and don't fight it, but don't become attached to it or personalize it. Recognize it and let it go. Just think "anger, anger, anger" to recognize it. Not "manI'msopissedatmycoworkerIcan'tbelievehedidthattodayblahblah"
>>
File: 1.jpg (205KB, 400x554px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
205KB, 400x554px
I used the set of techniques at aypsite.org. The AYP (Advanced Yoga Practices) approach doesn't focus on chakras directly except for root and third eye as points of focus for the main exercise. The chakras as a whole will be affected as a byproduct of the practices. It's also a system that's meant for people that will be self-teaching. It's a powerful program and a lot of people have gotten to the point of experiencing Kundalini-awakening symptoms through it, which is why knowing when to slow down is stressed so much. Kundalini came to me through other means (prayer, bhakti) and that did bring on several chakra experiences. The AYP techniques and a good Hatha routine were especially needed at that time to smooth everything out and not go crazy.
>>
>>17938414
>>17938415
>>17938444
>>17938457
>>17938483

Thank you all, I'll read and practice what you all posted.
>>
Chant the Hare Krsna mahamantra (the most powerful form of meditation in this kali Yuga)
>>
>>17938406
So your trying to tell me that all living things do not have an electromagnetic field?
It it is measurable through similar means to the way they map brain activity. The strength of the field is directly related to the vitality of the of the subject.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.