[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Kolb Skeleton Mystery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Kolb_skeleton_identify.jpg (47KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
Kolb_skeleton_identify.jpg
47KB, 500x288px
Was the identity of the Kolb Skeleton ever determined? Any theories?

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Kolb_Skeleton

This unsolved mystery always bugged the heck out of me... Some theorist believe that it was just a lone man who committed suicide. But it just doesn't make any sense why Emery Kolb would take the skeleton, and hide it in his attic, and just never mention it to anyone..
>>
More Info: The skeleton was found by Kolb's son, 1 year after Kolb's death. Kolb Never mentioned the skeleton to anyone, and no one is sure why he kept the human remains.
>>
File: 8002a.jpg (26KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
8002a.jpg
26KB, 500x340px
Continued: The skeleton is a male, and shows a single bullet wound to the head.
>>
Continued: As mentioned, There are theories that the skeleton is of the remains of the suicide victim that was photographed at Shoeshone point, but this point is located 5 miles away from the Kolb studio/home. Kolb studio is well known for being located at the bright angel trail head, which is considered one of the most difficult hikes in the United States. It seems very odd that Kolb would go through the trouble of carrying an entire human skeleton back to his home through such unforgiving terrain..
>>
TLDR: Famous Grand Canyon Adventurer kept a human skeleton in his attic. No one Knows why,
>>
Well, that's just alittle too spooky for me..
>>
>>17938283
Pretty interesting. Do you have anything about the case? Besides the link, of course.
>>
Murder coverup?
>>
>>17938345
Not too much info out there that I've been able to find. I only recently discovered it because I'm planning a trip to the Grand Canyon next spring, and was going to do a "rim to river" hike which involves use of the Bright angel Trail. While I was researching the trail I found out about this mystery.

Though it's discredited by the majority of those who follow this case, I do find the Glen and Bessie Clyde theory to be pretty intriguing. It coincides with the timeline, and to this date, no one knows what happened to the Clydes
>>
File: S3608-lg.jpg (34KB, 306x447px) Image search: [Google]
S3608-lg.jpg
34KB, 306x447px
Continoued: Emery Kolb was renouned for his photography of the Grand Canyon.

This is the last ever photo of the Clydes, and the last time any one saw them. The photographer was Emery Kolb himself.
>>
Maybe I'm not getting this but why are those who say the skeleton isn't glen clydes? All signs are pointing to that.
>>
Last bump
>>
is it possible that kolb was a serial killer?
>>
>>17940880
I would't say a serial killer, unless of course the skeleton is a different person entirely.

If he did kill them, what was the motive??
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.