[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you guys seen Stranger Things yet? If not, why haven't you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 12

File: st_payoff_us.jpg (793KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
st_payoff_us.jpg
793KB, 800x1185px
Have you guys seen Stranger Things yet? If not, why haven't you?
>>
In my life.. I've seen strange things. :^)
>>
OP, how about YOU tell /x/ what it is and why you think everyone needs to know about it?
>>
>>17931537
Yea, I just finished it today.
Its pretty good.
Do you know if there will be any more seasons, or was that it?
>>
>>17931546
Okay. So this series plays on the idea that there is an alternate dimension to our own. Think of our universe as a double-sided piece of paper. Our universe is on one side. the other is on the other. The only way to pass to the other side is to create an energy strong enough to break the barrier.

The story follows a group of friends. One mysteriously goes missing. When the group goes looking for their missing friend, they end up finding a lost girl with psychic abilities. We later come to find that there is an organization that researches these psychic abilities as well as doorways to the other side.
>>
>>17931569
I don't think we're 100% certain yet, but I'm pretty sure they will. That last episode left quite a cliffhanger.
>>
>>17931546
Its a scifi horror series set in the 80's.
Its good /x/ material.
>>
File: chiefhopperjacktorrance.png (778KB, 685x607px) Image search: [Google]
chiefhopperjacktorrance.png
778KB, 685x607px
>>
I'm on episode 5. It's great kino and well done. But it's filled with gems.

I found what "hawkins national laboratory" was named after.

It's named after real life "Houston Hawkins National Laboratory" in Los Alamos, New Mexico for "Astrophysics, International Relations, International Security and Arms Control."

Of course named after a New Mexico facility because New Mexico is covered with government facilities. Los Alamos location of Manhattan project.

Definitely has a Dulce, New Mexico base type feel.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Houston_Hawkins
>>
>>17931650
I wonder what they could be doing there.
>>
>>17931537
Very good show. Cool to watch the kids as D&D character archetypes, which fit the game they were playing. Mike was the DM of the game and the party leader of the group. Dustin was the dwarf and mentions having achondroplasia @ one point. Lucas is the rogue, brings the slingshot and does recon. Will was the wizard in the game and travels to the shadow realm. He's replaced in the party by El, who is clearly the wizard/ cleric in that she has telekinesis and can banish the monster.
>>
>>17931694
Oh wow. I never realized all that.
>>
>>17931694
It reminds me of earthbound.
Three boys and a girl ride around on bikes fighting monsters with slingshots and esp.
>>
>>17931699
It slowly dawned on me as I watched it. It became fun to watch them play out the roles. I'm def gonna rewach at some point to catch more.
>>
It's on my list and I'm gonna watch it when I'm done with my current show.
>>
>>17931713
Ooh good call.
>>
why would you ever cast fireball at demogorgon though??? hes got a ton of magic and fire resistance
>>
>>17931537
I've reached episode 3, which was a so far the best episode. I love the Stephen King/Stephen Spielberg feel of it all. Super comfy horror.
>>
>>17931754
But if you cast cabbage he'll be distracted by the smell and you can get away.
>>
>>17931754
And apparently he can take concentrated fire from 15+ guys with mp5s, but gets his shit pushed in by a beartrap and a guy with a nailbat.
>>
File: 1305582218434.png (166KB, 780x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1305582218434.png
166KB, 780x1000px
Is there anything else on netflix worth watching? I'm gonna check this out but if there are any other hidden gems or anything someone please tell me.
>>
Finished it yesterday. It's fucking incredible. Great show. Many spook.
>>
Op here. I like to interpret this series as a different interpretation on ghosts. From the lights flickering to the voices on the walkie-talkie, they're both pretty similar.

Hypothetically if ghosts are real, what are the chances that they'll be exactly like the way we and entertainment perceives them? This series is just another possible take on ghosts.
>>
>>17931833
You could, and should, start a whole other post on that, but in case i dont catch it: Creep, Enter the Void, Nightcrawler, Perfect Host, Banshee Chapter, Mr Jones...
>>
>>17931906
Good idea honestly, I'll try to do that tomorrow when I have some time.
And thank you, I'll copy those down.
>>
>>17931893
I thought the same. The upside down had a lot of the hallmarks of how people think of the Astral plane.
>>
>>17931537
Yeah, I liked it. Reminded me of the 80s shows I'd watch as a kid.
>>
rolly
>>
dd
>>
>>17931537
>Have you guys seen Stranger Things yet?
I have. Season 2 when?
>>
>>17932354
I wish I knew.
>>
Very good show. Feels like a Spielberg movie at his best and has a unique feel compared to most tv shows.

Very glad they got a second season. Other good paranormal shows on Netflix from the top of my head are xfiles and American horror story.
>>
>>17932432
I just started watching X-files cus I wanted more ayylmaos.
>>
>>17931571
sold it to me ill check it out thanks!
>>
>>17931906
Enter the Void is innovative with its camera angles and all that but I ultimately did not enjoy the film
>>
>>17932432
I heard AHS is ruined with a PC pro-weirdo agenda, is that true?
>>
>>17932437
Glad to hear it.
>>
File: 1450973424999.jpg (99KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450973424999.jpg
99KB, 400x400px
>>17932450
i dont like to take without leaving, I have a book about Psy energy by Dr. Putnam, he's a genius and well versed. I believe the best way to pass through the veil is digitally, but we shall see with the coming virtual reality experience! All glory to Christ, believe in him and you will be saved!
>>
>>17932442
First two seasons are really good. Like amazing.

Falls off after that but it's still watchable. Wasn't really tracking anything pc until season 3 or 4 when it goes into an all girls witches coven.
>>
>>17932475
thanks for the information, ill check that series out too. I just heard some gay ass shit about the newer stuff lol
>>
>>17932440
I get that. I really like it, but i admit it's not the kind of movie I "enjoyed" watching. More like I found it to be an engaging experience.
>>
>>17931833
I really, really enjoyed Beyond the Black rainbow. Not really horror, and it's much more of a 70s throwback than Stranger Things, but it's got an excellent synth soundtrack and a little girl being experimented on.

Not for everyone, and the plot is one big acid trip, but the composition, at the very least, is excellent
>>
>>17931817
they also set him on fire
>>
>>17931833
Pontypool
>>
>>17931537
Great Show, I really enjoyed it.
As previously mentioned, they managed to make it feel like something Spielberg would do.
Can't wait to see what's in store for season 2!
>>
I didn't watch it because it's shit.
>>
>>17931569
It has already been renewed for season 2!

http://renewcanceltv.com/stranger-things-renewed-season-2-netflix/
>>
>>17931650
>kino
piss off
>>
>>17931817
Ehh I think the bat was just sort of pushing him around. It has a much bigger surface area than a bullet so maybe it had more ability to stop the monster's movement? Really the bear trap only held it in place, it didnt seem all that hurt by it. Only the fire seemed to do any real damage
>>
>>17931537
pretty good show. got a few bits /x/ would like.
>>
>>17933738
I think there's some psychic/emotional connection involved? I mean, wasn't the reason Will survived because his mom loved him and never stopped giving up looking for him, but Barb got ate quick because she was an ugly bitch and even her own best friend told her to fuck off. So maybe the teens do better against Demogorgon because they're more connected and entwined in the story. Like the kids in the sewer defeating IT with a slingshot.

But yeah, the show unraveled rather poorly in the last couple episodes.
>>
>>17931817
SPOILER goddamn it, man
>>
>>17934577
If it makes you feel any better, that's not how they deal with it or kill it. Just a scene that occurs where it gets fended off. It's not even a surprise in the episode because they start preparing the trap leading up to the scene.
>>
>>17931537
Yes.
Stephen King meets Spielberg. Hit all the right notes and the companionship of the kids was legendary while being adequately freaky.
>>
>>17931817
There's more than 1 my man.
>>
>>17935289
Hit the nail on the head.

It was like Super 8, except not shit.
>>
>Will is alive in the Upside Down world
>Monster senses blood
>They use that to lure it out
> Sheriff and Will's mom get permission from the lab to try to go in and rescue him, which they do.
> Same time, weird boys and bald telekenetic girl end up confronting the monster, she sacrifices herself to destroy it.
> Fast forward, and everyone's happy. Will goes to the bathroom and coughs up a hunk of parasite, and the bathroom flashes back to the Upside Down world for a minute.

[Stranger Things]
>>
>>17935483
I think I would've enjoyed a movie length version better
>>
>>17935543
There seemed to be a lot of the time they were just filling space. Ex: Most of the Nancy and Steve interactions.
>>
>>17935296
There'd have to be, right? I mean, in one scene Steve, Jonathan and Nancy were fighting it inside the Byers house and a real short time later Lucas, Mike, Dustin and El were fighting it in the school. It's either really fast or there are multiple monsters.

I'm hoping in season 2 they show that the monster(s) we see in season 1 were small potatoes and there is a biiiiiig ol' cthulhu hanging out somewhere in the upside down.
>>
>>17931571
Sounds like Fringe....
>>
Im shocked no one ere has said this yet, the show was originally titled, MONTAUK, and based on arguably the most suppressed in the media conspiracies ever , the montauk project out of camp hero ny. Check it out and you get the show 100 percent
>>
File: stranger things - teehee.webm (333KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
stranger things - teehee.webm
333KB, 1280x640px
>>17935566
>Nancy
I would like to interact with her
>>
>>17931571
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/discussion.php?id=9qwg6y1i2jvwkcusjp2gplyc

Holy shit I hope your explanation doesnt get used in the show. Sounds horrible.
>>
File: 1469026548953.jpg (181KB, 1031x965px) Image search: [Google]
1469026548953.jpg
181KB, 1031x965px
The first episode was really good

That creature traveling through eletricity/or light makes it feel like a well made SCP tv-show

I hope there are other creatures and shit
Hope its not just hiding from le evil goverment the whole season
>>
>>17937528

She looks like sean penn
>>
>>17937553
I'll fight you
>>
Retro ironic nostalgic 80s meme garbage trying to be more than it is, vapid high-production but ultimately empty and cliched television

Dropped
>>
Any other good /x/ shit on Netflix? I love Twin Peaks.
>>
Thought the MK Ultra related stuff pretty neat
>>
>>17936735
It's very Fringe-y. I mean the vibe is totally different, but there are some really close similarities. The underlying lore is close enough that it could have been another universe in Fringe and no one would bat an eye.
>>
It's one of the only decent netflix shows. It slips in some comedy while also being a thriller.
>>
You guys seem to be ignoring this show was ORIGINALLY titled MONTAUK and IS about the MK ULTRA experiments conducted out of camp hero NY
>>
>>17931537
Started watching. I like the music.
>>
>>17934097
The reason that will managed to stay alive for as long as he was due to him not bleeding and luring the monster to him allowing him to hide for as long as he did.
>>
The 80's retro kids playing DnD is some good shit, love this type of thing

Its like SCP as a TV show, still on episode one btw
>>
>>17931537
MULTIVERSE REALITY presented as Entertainment. Essential viewing, and
here's the kicker - There isn't one, single concept presented here, that is fictional.
One with the lot. The character 'El' was inspired by a person who opened up a doorway in space time, in real life, 18 years ago. Heck, the whole show may as well have been written by him, based off his experiences:
(Start @33.33)

https://youtu.be/Vwy9iDkhJBs
>>
It's like a show from the 80s... only it's made today!

I like it.
>>
I started this after seeing this thread the other day.
Halfway through, and I'm really, really liking it. This is exquisitely crafted as an 80s piece. I'm impressed. I also didn't expect them to not pussyfoot with the monster.
>>
>>17937677
There's nothing ironic about this show. It's a love letter, and you're disgustingly jaded.
>>
>>17940344
Yeah man, I was really impressed with the monster. They never show it too much which is great. I really liked the design of it when they actually do show it.
>>
Poor Barb
>>
This show is excellent. Thanks, /x.
>>
>>17931537
Pretty much had a binge the second and third days it was out.
>>
Excellent show, the MKUltra shit is really cool
>>
honestly.. I don't get the hype.. it was a stupid show that gave us barely any explanation about anything. Just unusual weird... and even very stupid things. The little information that we were given about certain characters was quickly worthless information.. the only reason we would be interested in this series at all and probably the only reason that we are.. is because OMG CHILD ACTORS SO GOOD. Eat a dick...
This show left us with a vague explanation of nothing.. even worse than Attack on Titan as far as.. OH THE AUDIENCE WILL LOVE THE VAGUENESS. It's uncreative.. shitty writing that leaves us to our own imagination.
>>
>>17937528
nice, I thought that was just me
>>
The show is:

Carrie
E.T.
Stand By Me
It
Super 8
The Shining

The first episode also made me think it was gonna be a sort of Johnny Gosch thing... autumn in the 80's, bike found no trace of kid, little quiet town, paranoia and all
>>
>>17942610
I think including Fringe is reasonable
>>
The show is no good, its poorly written, but has good actors, and has some good character chemistry sometimes.

>they should have cut every scene that wasn't the kids.
>>
>>17941788

What was vague, exactly? Are you sure you're not just daft, anon?
>>
>>17937528
I thought barb was really cute.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 950x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 950x465px
>>17941788
You didn't watch a lot of 80s sci fi, did you? Honestly if you need the show to bust out the crayons and explain it all thoroughly in a way your autism can accept it then this isn't the show for you.

We see a lot of it through the eyes of the characters, small town 80s kids, emotional teens and concerned parents, who are simply confused victims in all of this. Even eleven is a victim, she doesn't fully understand how she got her powers or what exactly she is doing. Thus a lot is left to the viewer to figure out, things that the characters themselves never directly say or fully understand. We're given enough information to piece together what is going on, but not many confirmations or explicit statements. That's honestly something I love about this show.

Also can I just say that BARB DESERVED BETTER!
>>
the ending was absolute garbage
kid comes back
bald kid dies for no reason
john doesnt get the cute grill cus retard bully came back
ending was not satisfying
>>
>>17943356
Will is probably still fucked up (as hinted at by the end scene)
Eleven probably isn't dead (as hinted at by the dude leaving her favourite food in a pickup point in the wilderness)
Realistically autists don't always get the girl (as hinted at by /r9k/)

Ending was pretty good, if you see it as the obvious invitation to season 2 it was.
>>
>>17931571
Thanks for spoiling the entire fucking season you stupid nigger.
>>
>>17943753
You were naive to come to a discussion about a show and expect not to see spoilers.

Next time watch it first.
>>
>>17933732
this
>>
>>17942784

This person is retarded

This person needs to off themselves
>>
Just started watching this, I am on episode 4 right now.

I think it's fantastic. Really one of the best things Netflix has put out in a while, in my opinion.

I was hooked and intrigued from the very first episode. I think the characters, script, and aesthetic is entirely spot on. Very well done and a great start from the Duffer bros.
>>
>>17931537
No OP lol sorry you have so many haters in this thread
>>
I didn't like it overall, it was promising at the beginning but it turned out to be a bad copy of a spielberg movie and the actual plot is vapid and uninspired.
>>
>>17942610
Stephen King's Firestarter. Everyone keeps forgetting to include Firestarter.
>>
>>17943753

Except, that's what's in the trailer.
>>
it's alright if you don't mind lazy writing and over acting.
>>
I have never heard of it, and now I am compelled to watch it.
>>
>>17931537
Loved it. The whole 80's small town setting was pretty fun, it reminded me of the movie Super 8. I feel like it's going to e a sort of "American Horror Story" type show where each season is a different story. Altogether it was really well made.
>>
People need to stop comparing it to Super 8 as that is simply another 80s throwback tribute. The whole 3 kids on bikes thing is much more like the 80s film "Explorers".
>>
Two episodes in, the music and AESTHETICs are tight, but I'm still not totally sold on it.
>>
>>17931833
roll
>>
>>17943908
u r a bitch, u r nothing, u have tiny brain u r stupider than hell, u r a nancy.

>>17944886
Multiple seasons of same characters sorry. Also Super 8 is a derivative to being a boring story not worth being told, just like this. We get it, ET is good.

>>17943220
Barb is such a fuckin babe.

>>17943339
Why is Barb the only death of the series? I was expecting more characters to go missing. But only 2 did, and one came back. They introduced the bullies, and Steve, and Steve's asshole friends, but didn't kill off anymore people.
>>
>>17943675
Steve is actually a good guy at the end and everything he did wrong was totally undone and he was fixed, and his hair, IS COOL, and not totally embarrassing.
>>
>>17943675
Arguably the ending works as a final ending too, without a second season. It has a very "Or is it?" open-endedness.
>>17945737
>Why is Barb the only death of the series?
She's not though. Two people I can think of died on-camera in the very first episode (or did the restaurant guy die in the second?), and there were others mentioned/shown who didn't have Will's hide-and-seek skills and ended up dead in the Upside Down.

>>17945744
What's weird is, I couldn't even tell if you were being sarcastic or not up until the bit about the hair.
>>
>>17944974
>People need to stop comparing it to Super 8 as that is simply another 80s throwback tribute.
But that's the comparison they're making, dude.
>>
>>17945929
Oh yeah, Hamburgerman is the only other one. RIP hamburgerman. They mentioned that 8 other people went missing, and we are to assume they died. Everyone else was nameless lackeys and soldiers. That's still only 2 people. Who else died on camera in the first episode?

2 is still very unimpressive, and it seems like Barb was singled out because of her more attractive waist size.
>>
>>17946069
>Who else died on camera in the first episode?
Scientist elevator man.
>>
>>17946077
>forgetting about fan favorite Scientist elevator man.

How stupid could I be, he's everyones favorite. Though, he was sorta pulled then killed off screen though if you wanna nit-pick.

Also, I'm not saying that a body count makes every show. I'm just saying that in horror influenced media, not having deaths and threat elevation through a series of deaths, and isolation of the core group, is a major downside. I'm also just a little upset about Barb as she was the perfect wife and child bearer. They had more body-countable characters to go through.

Did anyone else feel like they spent way too much time having characters recount information that we knew from other characters, over and over again?
>>
Finished The Body (e5 i think) last night. So far nothing has surprised or spooked me after the first episode; I was most upset by what happened to Barb. Joyce's scenes are great. I like the atmosphere a lot too.

Coming at it after reading a lot about quantum immortality and getting subtle alternate dimension spooks, the dark world trope is disappointing. The characters are too predictable, you know everything they're going to do and say to each other three scenes before it happens. When the kids are on screen i feel like i'm watching the sandlot.

Hoping it starts to shape up again.
>>
>>17945737
I wonder what morons like this does with all the time they save writing "u" and "r"
>>
File: 1461101027335.jpg (227KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1461101027335.jpg
227KB, 950x534px
>>17945929
>http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/discussion.php?id=9qwg6y1i2jvwkcusjp2gplyc
What about the other people at the school.
>>
>>17931833
rollin
>>
>>17946364
Jerking off.
>>17946371
What about them?
>>
>>17931833
I'll roll, I want something to watch today <3
>>
>>17946101
A body count doesn't necessarily make horror either. Threat elevation can occur in other ways.

As for isolation of the core group... it does exist, though largely socially, and before the fact. They're outcasts, and the strange events probably alienate them further, because really, who would believe you if you said your friend, sibling, or child were taken to another dimension?
>>
>>17931571
Sounds like they just stole the plot of Fringe, and shat all over it.
>>
>>17932432
Fringe is also on Netflix
>>
>>17931833
roooll
>>
>>17933731
Cool, just finished it yesterday and I was wondering
>>
>>17947090
Its very less Fringe than described. The Alternate Dimension is less a mirror-verse and more like a buffering screen before you get to that sort of mirror-verse; everything is present but is empty and overcast and foggy; and there are predators there.

The story follows a group of kids and when one of them goes missing they end up finding a lost girl who has powers; which [spoiler]we later learn is tied into the Stargate Project (far-seeing for espionage purposes, though it is not directly named it is very clearly that) [/spoiler]and that is [spoiler]what caused the rift to the other side--attempted first contact.[/spoiler]
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 1890x1417px
>>17931893
>this explains the shadow person I saw and people randomly talking on the loudspeaker of my friends home phone
>both of these occurences happened in the same area

What the fugg
>>
File: 1468195850070.png (143KB, 386x366px) Image search: [Google]
1468195850070.png
143KB, 386x366px
>>17931537
It was mediocre, I don't understand why people hype it so much. If anything some of the performances were alright, and the production was impressive/cinematic. Didn't really think it was original and the plot got tiring after a while. I didn't get hooked/feel the need to continue onward with the next episode which I find to be a negative sign. All I could think about while watching the series was E.T. because of the kids going on adventures and Donnie Darko with the dimensions discussion. Didn't really get much thrill out of it.
>>
>>17940125
Why does every person who had contact with aliens look like crazy a hobo or a hillbilly redneck? coincidence?
>>
>>17931537
Honestly stranger things was okay. It was fun as a dumb 80's sci-fi movie tv show with enjoyable characters but not really anything special

I don't get what all the fuss is about.
>>
>>17942610
more like if freaks and geeks were a horror movie
>>
>>17946364
I wonder why Racist Trump supporters like you don't wise up
>>
>>17937534
Stop going on tvtropes
>>
>>17947405
Continue.
>>
I think there were a lot of weird problems with ep1 after seeing the whole series.

>how did the monster move the door lock in ep1
>why was the monster after Will, he wasn't bleeding or anything
>why did the lights flicker at Mike's house when the boys left
>>
>>17950820
he was gay and monsters hate gay people
>>
>>17947696
probably all the meth
>>
Well I actually believe in all this stuff so sometimes it makes it harder to appreciate low-concept movies which rely on a blunt acceptance that fire cannot be channeled across skin without burning it
>>
>>17937528
Her mom's something else though.
>>
>>17950820
>how did the monster move the door lock in ep1
There was never implyed that there was only one monster
>why was the monster after Will, he wasn't bleeding or anything
Will is special that why he's left alive instead of killing on the spot.
>why did the lights flicker at Mike's house when the boys left
Will could sent a "electric message" to them as he did to mom even if he actually was in fort.
>>
To bad the last 3 episodes drag the whole thing down to a 3/10.
>>
>>17931833
roll
>>
>>17931569
Definitely will be more and there was tons of foreshadowing into the subject of the next season.

1) The police chief being picked up in the vehicle by the Department of Energy
2) In some of the final scenes of the gateway, it is clearly spreading further down the hallway towards the elevator, and has yet to be closed
3) Police chief leaving food in the woods, an obvious sign of trying to feed Eleven while they sort things out
4) Will throwing up the slug thing and being able to see into the Upside Down

I think the Department of Energy is going to make the police chief a member of their group due to his actions. There's going to be a time lapse and all the boys are going to be grown up or in their teens. Chief is going to put together a team to go into the Upside Down. Mike and/or Will will probably be involved due to their attachments. There's going to be some sort of love affair between Bryer Boy and Madison (Mike's sister, can't remember name).

All in all I can't wait!
>>
>>17931537
Yes Best show of 2016
>>
>>17931833
Two other ones that have blown my socks off:

Fundamentals of Caring is a dark comedy featuring Paul Rudd and is a story about a middle aged man stuck in a rut and looking for a pick-me-up by becoming a caregiver for a sarcastic British teen with a form of muscular dystrophy. I laughed hard many, many times. The supporting cast adds flavor but doesn't take away from the main story. Worst part is the movie is too damn short and the ending seems a bit rushed.

Rebirth is one of my new favorites featuring a-typical suburbanite Kyle that is visited by an old college roomie Zack. Zack invites Kyle to a self-help "seminar" of sorts that promises to change your life (hence the title). Kyle skeptically dives in and quickly finds the group to be shrouded in mystery. One turn after another leads Kyle down a winding path that will keep you guessing on what happens next. This psychological thriller peppered with dark comedy ends with a very big twist that completes the story through the credits. I noticed a lot of online critics didn't really "get" the movie but I, for one, thought the movie was a hair short of a master piece and would highly recommend to anyone that likes cults, secret societies, psychological movies, and flicks that make you question the whole film after it's done.
>>
>>17953181
ah snap thanks anon going to watch Rebirth right now

fundamentals of caring, definitely a sock blower, but honestly anything that craig roberts is in is a sock blower
>>
>>17931833
rollen
>>
>>17931537
I've watched 3 episodes and I love it. Thanks for the recommendation OP
>>
>>17953148
Also the D&D game. The D&D game at the end mirroring the one at the beginning does more than just bookend the series.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 800x587px
>>17933723
>I'm giving an opinion on something I know nothing about
>>
Just watched the first episode, about to watch the second. Like it so far, first episode was kinda spoopy.

Will's mom is a total crazy bitch, right?
>>
>>17937528
too damn skinny
>>
Wife and I watched it all in one night. We liked it.

It's like The Goonies, meets Lovecraft, meets Clockwork Orange, meets Alien meets Stephen King.
>>
You guys do know that L is the Chiefs daughter? Cancer patient when she was a child... not a lot of hair now some of the similarities are shown within the last episode
>>
>>17955046
>clockwork orange

Explain
>>
>>17955069

The girl in the lab being experimented on, and her mother was experimented on because she was in MKULTRA. Clockwork orange has the UK version of MKULTRA being used to "rehabilitate" the main character or whatever. A lot of the music is pretty similar (dark ambient late 70's early 80's stuff.)

At least that is what reminded me of Clockwork Orange. And I absolutely hate that movie, but I like it here.
>>
>>17955051
EL is the child of one of the MKULTRA patients. The ages don't match up with El and Hopper's daughter. El is too young. His daughter passed away sometime in the 70's and Hopper said he was only a cop in Hawkins for 5 years. And it's the end of 1983 in the show.

It doesn't outright say when she died, but it is implied that Hopper is a lot older and had been away from his ex wife for longer than the 5 years he said he was in Hawkins as chief of police. So I'm thinking his daughter would be about Nancy's age at the time in the show. Not however old El is.

Hopper also literally saw his daughter die. The lady who was in MKULTRA was drugged up and was told she miscarried with no record of it other than a doctor's word, which she took because she was an idiot.
>>
>>17931833
lets see
>>
>>17941788
Are you retarded?
>>
>>17949725
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>17931537
Answer these questions /x/
>Why Coop is left alive by Hawkins?
>Why Will wasnt killed by monster but rather fed with "tube"?
>Are there any other MKUltra kids besides eleven?
>Who is "lost knight" according to D&D game?
>>
>>17955316
>>Why Coop is left alive by Hawkins?
Cop? The Chief? Remember when he said he had a contact at the Inquirer (or whatever) that he passed along all Hawkins' dirty laundry to? Blackmail, brah.
>>Why Will wasnt killed by monster but rather fed with "tube"?
It wasn't a feeding tube, it was an invasive parasite. The Boogeyman had him pasted up on a wall with an invasive species of god-knows-what shoved down his gullet in a scene ripped directly from the Alien franchise.
>>Are there any other MKUltra kids besides eleven?
At least 10 others are implied.
>>Who is "lost knight" according to D&D game?
I don't even remember this part, but it's Eleven.
>>
>>17955369
>Cop? The Chief? Remember when he said he had a contact at the Inquirer (or whatever) that he passed along all Hawkins' dirty laundry to? Blackmail, brah.
Coop as Cooper but yeah a Chief. So basically he's doing dirty job for Hawkins?
>It wasn't a feeding tube, it was an invasive parasite. The Boogeyman had him pasted up on a wall with an invasive species of god-knows-what shoved down his gullet in a scene ripped directly from the Alien franchise.
But he killed Bard but fed Will with tube? Is Will special like capable for crossing both worlds at will?
>At least 10 others are implied.
But there were any implications about other children besides her.
>I don't even remember this part, but it's Eleven.
I think either Johnatan, Will or Mike is "lost knight" while eleven or nancy is "girl with flowers". Besides if D&D theory is correct there are two monsters but only one is defeated (Demogorgon and Hydra)
>>
File: tumblr_m7668oaIUA1rae5vno1_1280.jpg (59KB, 1058x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7668oaIUA1rae5vno1_1280.jpg
59KB, 1058x450px
>>17937619
>>
>>17931537
finished it early this morning. holy FUCK that show is amazing
>>
I picked the show by accident, happy I did.
Finished a few days ago, happy I did.
Some cheesy parts, the dynamics between the kids were funny. The one with the lisp was my favorite.

Anything that references MKULTRA is fantastic.
>>
>>17937528
good on you anon, nancy was sexy
>>
Will there be a season 2?
>>
>>17931537
just finished episode 1, legit scary at some points but holy fuck the sound editing sounds like an earthquake in my ears + love the soundtrack and titlecards also the kids seem funny
>>
>>17931634
I thought the same thing the first time I saw him
>>
>>17943675
>(as hinted at by /r9k/)

kek
>>
Wait. Why was Hob putting food in that wooden box?
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.