[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how /x/ is Death Grips? do you believe psychosis and mental illness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: whatever i want.jpg (39KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
whatever i want.jpg
39KB, 850x464px
how /x/ is Death Grips?
do you believe psychosis and mental illness can be accurately manifested in sound?

psycho music general (no metal allowed)
>>
>>17931425
Yeah yeah, things can be manifested through sound, but usually because the person that's making the sound has those problems. Listening to too much of and letting it be a part of you might make you suffer from them a bit too.
>>
>>17931451
any other notable examples?
>>
File: tele_finalFORM.jpg (35KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
tele_finalFORM.jpg
35KB, 500x414px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6OKCo5hyss
>>
>>17931425
I like Death Grips too man but threads like this have to stop
>>
Ride has the simon necronomicon seal on his chest.

He's a pseudo-occultist at best.
>>
is my music /x/

http://dadee.bandcamp.com/releases
>>
>>17931964
fuck off with your mixtape
>>
>>17931425
What form of music is more /x/ related than metal?
>>
>>17931667
This 100%. DG is one of the best current bands but 4chan will never be able to discuss them because idiotic meme fans who don't get it. They are too good for /x/ and this website as a whole
>>
>>17931976
ok
>>
>>17931964
>>17931964
its not in the least fire, famalam.
>>
>>17932016
damn
>>
>>17931425
>poorly disguised meme grips thread

at least take it to >>>/mu/ fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>17931991
power electronics ;}
>>
File: 0 0251.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0 0251.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
I'm pretty much a Death Grips worshiper so bear that in mind

from my observations they are indeed very occult inspired albeit semi-subtly
casual listeners don't really seem to pick up on this which isn't necessarily a bad thing because i think it's beautiful that people can have different meanings and connections to bands or art in general

here are some examples of their /x/-related activity:
•they tweeted about the paranormal dating site most likely as a joke but that site is often advertised on and is associated with Coast to Coast AM which is recorded in California where Death Grips formed so there's that
•since their inception they've only released albums on new moons or full moons which could just be for tradition or possible belief in its wicca related magical properties
•Stefan Burnett has numerous sick looking and enigmatic tattoos including a "111" looking symbol on his abdomen (possibly translating to 666 in hebrew), a circular gnostic cross, a modified papa legba symbol from haitian voodoo, the sigil of baphoment on his back, a red devil and many others including blackwork, skulls, spiders and other unidentifiable ones. the meaning and story behind these are specialized to Stefan and complete analysis of them will never be truly accurate nor neccesary
•they leaked their own album No Love Deep Web from the Chateau Marmont, a notably haunted hotel where many famous musicians and actors had their far share of goofs (led zeppelin to jim morrison). they also filmed their very stark and bold short film/music video for Come Up And Get Me. they were reportedly to have been woken up by their song Lock Your Doors in the middle of the night
•an arg associated with them (which used /mu/ as a platform) led people to an instrumental version of their album The Money Store, it is still impossible to confirm whether or not they were directly involved or just gave someone or a team the songs (1/4)
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 640x640px
•if you look at their assortment of photographs through the ages you'll find a lot of nods to their association and interest in the paranormal, photos taken at cemeteries, a photo of an egyptian statue, Liz Liles (Death Grips cohort and possibly "Mexican Girl" from their song Lord of the Game) checking her zodiac chart and lastly a photo of some sort of fortune teller's room just to name a few
•they have sampled tons of cool stuff like "banshee" screams but one of their most powerful samples is their sample of enlightened philosopher, madman and murder organizer Charles Manson and his inspiring "I make the money, i roll the nickels" speech during their introductory song Beware
•Stefan is foremost a painter and his beautiful dreamy and macabre painting's sources often have to do with dark /x/ like things including a woman from a psych-ward, people during the holocaust being hanged (though in his interpretation he omits the rope which is quite poetic in my opinion), skulls and coffins
•not really paranormal per say but Stefan has stated that the band is not ego-driven which is why they aren't concerned about their reputation and stay in their world without trying to clear up or pander to the infinite and futile commentary, criticism and whatever
•Zach Hill from the band in an interview stated he believes in things he can't see
•kind of minor but Andy Morin's personal website linked to a Diablo 3 profile with the username something along the lines of "bbesoterixx", their twitter handle is literally "bbpoltergiest" as in poltergeist
•lastly and what i believe to be the most obvious with their relation to the paranormal is their unearthly and over-human lyricism, these are some i like that display what i mean:
>I'm epiphanic amnesia
I'm in Jimmy Page's castle
I'm off the planet
Echo astral
>Bear the mark
Take one to know
Lifted chin
Face don't show
>Dem stop I smash
Abraxas, hydroplane, massive
>Lycanthropic manic cycles
Fire water, burnin' bibles (2/4)
>>
File: burnett24x30.jpg (214KB, 1200x832px) Image search: [Google]
burnett24x30.jpg
214KB, 1200x832px
>Armored cop open fire Glock
On some kid who stepped so
Fast was hard to grasp what even happened 'til you seen that head blow
Off his shoulders in slow-mo
Rewind that, it's so cold
>Never call it a day
Visit Tesla's grave for the ninth time today
>Tongue cut out the mouth of reason
And chucked off the river's edge
>I die in the process
You die in the process
>Emerald tablet apartment toxic
>Stretch you on like latex mask
My sigils your epitaph
>My dead mother in my dream
Remember when December blew her ashes 'cross my jeans
Off these jeans
>Alchemy for your bodily
>Visits some medium, won't come near me
Treats me like a meteor
She scares me
>Arms long as their legs
Even the greys can't oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Voila

to answer your question about manifestation in sound here is a statement from 2012
"Lyrically, Death Grips represent the glorification of the gut...the id..summoned, tapped, and channeled before being imprisoned and raped by the laws of reason... " "Music will always mean the same thing to us. Music is timeless, and like all things timeless, beyond definition." (3/4)
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 640x640px
Death Grips to me are more than a band and honestly seem to be fueled by haunted presences and esoteric spirits, although i don't believe in comparing artists and really believe Death Grips are their own entity separate from everything else they are some sort of Grateful Dead or Nirvana for /x/philes, /mu/tants and the misfits and outsiders of our internet generation. no matter who you are or what you are people will hate you and deny your work or simply deny existence like >>17932027, which is cool because mindless sycophants are worse than critics, some people despise The Beatles and would break an Elvis Presley CD is they saw one but it doesn't severe the genuine relation others have to the art, admittedly i'm pretty obsessed and might come across as pretentious but im not concerned about my feelings. a part of me feels like sharing this tarnishes the sacred connection i have with Death Grips but a part of me also hopes others might be able to appreciate the art-piece on another level. thanks for reading my essay lol
also i agree with >>17931994
and >>17931680 has no idea what their talking about (4/4)
>>
>>17932063
CAN I SUGGEST YOU
>>
Culture Shock:
>You need to vibrate higher so you can capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one
earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D will depend only on the vibrational quality of each brother. Therefore,
we ask you to do the decrees, that you concentrated in the Light.

A sample from some cult site, so it likely doesn't mean much. Although in looking for the full transcript I found something by another person that I thought I should share. Unrelated to Death Grips though.

>Consciousness and vibrational frequency go hand in hand. When you're in a low frequency you're in a decreased state of consciousness and your perception is limited. When you're in a high frequency you're in an increased state of consciousness and your perception is heightened. The lower your vibrational frequency, the less you are able to comprehend because your ego is restricting the flow of life-force and source energy. It's also restricting the flow of intuition and love through your mind and body. The higher your vibrational frequency, the more you are able to comprehend because you are allowing a greater flow of life-force through your mind and body.
>>
Wtf Death Grips is complete shit is this thread a joke?

I legitimately hope MC Ride gets chopped up for his terrible rapping
>>
>>17932403
really makes you think...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oNiP0JfdM0

This is probably the most /x/core song I know. Some Xiu Xiu - especially on a Promise - is pretty good too.
>>
Bahahahaha!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.