[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

File: 1414701527679.jpg (115KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
1414701527679.jpg
115KB, 450x360px
Anyone into lucid dreaming here?
I recently got into it and I'm having some rad dreams.

Can't believe how easy it is once you get the hang of the tricks.

For example, the day I want to lucid dream, I draw an X on my arm. I check that mark all the time that day to make sure I am not dreaming.

Turns out, this induces you to check for the mark while in your dreams. The mark will not be there, you will realize you are dreaming and become lucid.

It's amazing.

Do you have any other tricks to induce lucid dreaming? Share your experiences.
>>
>>17930996
1. Nice pic $, $ 2.i often try to speak to myselfe with ears closed . It realy works
>>
>>17931099
>often try to speak to myselfe with ears closed
What do you mean?
Before going to sleep?

What do you say to yourself?
>>
>>17930996
Rose is adorable.

I cover my nose and check to see if I can still breathe.
>>
>>17930996
That's a great idea. I set alarms that go off every hour to remind me to reality check and inspect my environment and senses.
>>
File: 1462838011426.jpg (47KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
1462838011426.jpg
47KB, 398x356px
Doing daily reality checks never worked for me because I always forget to do them.

I've been trying to do it the way where you just lie completely immobile but still try to remain awake. I've only been successful once but I was only lucid for like a few seconds before I woke up like a pleb.

I'm kind of bad at this.
>>
Writing dreams down helps also sometimes i will watch movies or shows or listen to music of what u want to dream about. The question is can we do something with it
>>
>>17932663
You just have to get comfortable and focus on the colors and patterns in your head. This is how I achieve most of my lucid dreams
>>
I take a nap during the day and when I sleep during the night I rember in my dream "wait I already slept today, I'm dreaming rn!" And I'm lucid dreaming
>>
>>17932663
I use to jump. If it felt wierd i knew i was dreaming. But than its like my body grew accustomed to it. Because id be in a dream jumping but it feels like I'm in reality. So i live the dream with earth like restrictions/standards
>>
I have a birthmark on my hand I can check for. Thanks for the tip anon
>>
Pay me the money you little outlaw! Also... Where are your red x's? I still got my crystalline letal injections in full. Just because no red X's doesn't mean any sentence. Fuck a hoe!
>>
/rose/ general

what a cute boy
>>
File: 1465774605099.jpg (180KB, 900x926px) Image search: [Google]
1465774605099.jpg
180KB, 900x926px
>try to get into sleep paralysis last night
>lay on my back, eyes closed
>after few minutes a mosquite flies to my face and sits on my nose
>shoo him away
>he comes back after while
>shoo him away again
>he comes back

fuck this shit

Does anyone have a some good guides? I've tried sleep paralysis, dream journal, reality checks, but I have no results. I don't even remember my dreams.
>>
>>17932917
Yeah I got a guide

>dont let fucking insects into your house you sick fuck

Hope I helped
>>
>>17932923
My insects can make casts, grow plants, can economy game hard, and defend their turf. Better than being a fuck face rodent like yourself.
>>
>>17933031
Im not keemstar you slow fuck. Its not my fault you live in some third world goat fucking country that relies on mosquitos for their daily nutrition
>>
File: Laughing-Meme-02.jpg (55KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Meme-02.jpg
55KB, 991x902px
>>17933032
>Its not my fault you live in some third world goat fucking country that relies on mosquitos for their daily nutrition
>>
>lucid dreaming

oh wow people still try to pretend like it's a real thing?
>>
>>17933034
Please elaborate.
If it's not a real thing why does it occur Anon?
>>
thats adude rigght?
>>
>>17933036

>why does it occur Anon?

It doesn't. There is nothing to suggest that it actually does, all this is anecdotes people tell each other to be a part of a watered-down New Age fad. 5 signs you might be an indigo human.

You just dream. The thing people describe themselves doing is ascribed to the highest levels of Tibetan Dream Yoga which requires YEARS of very strict practice.

>go to sleep tired
>have muscle spasm
>yeah bro i'm totally into lucid dreaming

for fuck's sake man
>>
>>17930996
I had one 2 weeks ago lucid dream in a dream, I was dreaming and in one point I was awake but in another dream, a checked do you i feel pain by pinching my skin, I didnt feel anything, and I couldnt stand up from my bed, so I understend that might be a dream and in this moment I felt how I leave my body and start soar, but I couldnt see my body in the bed something didnt let me to do it. So I went to the balcony, I saw the neighborhood, there was some strange black modern apartment building, but everything was like irl besides this building. So I jump from the balcony and start flying to the building, knowing I had to go there, then I woke up.
That was my "lucid" dreaming, in the past I tried some techniques but nothing worked, It is random, there are just few times that you realize that you are dreaming.
>>
delete this
>>
>>17933034
Nice bait
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>17933048
>writes a paragraph of bait

Why is your life so terrible?
>>
I have on a few occasions noticed in my dream that I was dreaming... I did a few super human things (super jump, scaling a falling structure? and fighting) and that was that. I don't think about it much nor do I try to do this ever it has just happened
>>
>>17930996
I used to alot as a kid. People would chase me and I would literally flap my hands and fly away, just out of their grasp, lmao. So stupid. Or a zombie would try to devour me and I'd realize it didn't actually hurt my real self and I would become reborn, sort of. Hard to remember.
>>
File: Trivium-Balance-50.png (79KB, 651x540px) Image search: [Google]
Trivium-Balance-50.png
79KB, 651x540px
>>17933098

>i'll just call everything that challenges my entrenched cognitive dissonance bait.

Apply the Trivium to "lucid dreaming". Actually you know what? Don't. i don't know why i even bothered telling you this. Take everything at face value, it's good for you.
>>
>>17930996
I have had somewhat unnerving experiences with LD lately.
Sorry cbf green texting on phone.

I usuallyreality check by looking at my wrist to check the time.
I don't wear a watch so when I do see one I know I'm dreaming.
Anyway last few I've realised I'm dreaming and done the usual levitating etc, people in my dreams have freaked out.
The worst two were one where a girl who was apparently my fiancee wouldn't believe me that it was a dream, she was crying and protesting that I was lying.
Kept asking if this is a dream then how do you explain x y or z memory.
Crazy thing was, I had like 8 years of memories from a dream relationship.
Still do.
The other was that as soon as I realised I was dreaming, a squad of hazmat people with flamethrowers showed up to burn everything, I overheard a person say that I was definitely not to be allowed to leave this specific dream and it needed to be destroyed cos it had been tainted by my conscious mind.
So yeah, odd shit can happen with L D.
>>
>>17930996
Does this work if I never had a lucid dream, because I also want to have lucid dreams but I don't know any tricks?!
>>
How the fuck do you lucid dream???

I have very deep dreams that make me become another character but it's not me moving in those dreams. I can't control them. When I do, I break off. That's not lucid dreaming is it?
>>
>>17933299
no.
try to do checks in your everyday life. just something like tossing a coin or having a certain item in your pocket . usually, when you do that in your dream, it isn't quite right, and that realisation can cause you to lucid dream.
I have a pretty big scar on my elbow which i look at every so often, so when it's gone or it's changed, i know i'm dreaming.
you will be booted out of your dream in this way quite a lot, but via repetition you'll be able to lucid dream.
>>
>>17933034 #
>>17933048 #
>>17933214 #
Not the same anons as before

To lucid dream is to because aware that you're dreaming which isn't that rare of a phenomenon. Lots of people have done it by accident at least once in their life.
Are you saying this is bullshit?
>>
>>17932917
I have paralysis without trying and i hate this
>>
>>17932917
You know you can see some scary shit, right?
I mean you COULD have a heat attack
>>
>>17933501
Lol no.
I had sleep paralysis and never seen or heard anything.

I just lie in bed think about how fucking huge idiot am I.

Sleep paralysis is a meme, if you ask me.
>>
File: guide.png (59KB, 1663x346px) Image search: [Google]
guide.png
59KB, 1663x346px
Here's one of best advices:
- If you want stable lucidity frequency focus only on MILD or DILD techniques, Some people have been performing WILD since 20 years and still are far from being regular lucid dreamer thanks to it
- Dream Journal is a must, atleast journal your lucid dreams, that's better than nothing

Also dumping some neat tutorials 1/x
>>
File: guide2.png (12KB, 1680x183px) Image search: [Google]
guide2.png
12KB, 1680x183px
>>17933667

2/x
>>
File: mild.png (102KB, 640x2587px) Image search: [Google]
mild.png
102KB, 640x2587px
>>17933674
>>
File: 1468271616054.jpg (624KB, 2388x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1468271616054.jpg
624KB, 2388x1656px
>>17933681
4/4

These four guides have everything you need for frequent lucid dreams, rest will come with experience
>>
File: evabeatrice.jpg (53KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
evabeatrice.jpg
53KB, 848x480px
>>17932663
The method you attempted with lying immobile was WILD, it's advanced technique and not really suggested if you want frequent lucid dreams
Just follow one of those three guides and everything will be fine anon:
>>17933667
>>17933674
>>17933681
>>
>>17933214
>using a [shitty] infographic, I'm educating fools
>entrenched cognitive dissonance
>murrh sheeple

Marketing major with a dual minor in pseudoscience and armchair Freudbabble detected. Get the fuck back to ruddut, you impotent little clown
>>
>>17933034
It was scientificly proven and is not that hard to induce, unless you learn your knowledge from shit sources desu senpai :^)
>>
I used to lucid dream pretty often as a child, im trying to get back into it again. Im trying to get habitual reality checks down but it hasnt happened yet. Ive been prepping myself for sleep most nights, and setting an alarm halfway through my sleep to try and disrupt my REM cycle. Ive been dreaming way more often, and vividly, and remembering them, but i havent been able to achieve lucidity yet
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 301x307px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 301x307px
>>17933667
>WILD or DILD technique

WILD technique seems possible but I won't try to have dreams with no deeeelldoe
>>
>>17930996
Rose T.T
Please come back
>>
>>17932917
>I don't even remember my dreams.

Then how would you know if you had a lucid dream or not? Maybe you did and didn't remember it.
>>
Ignore this. Don't lucid dream. OP is one of the others. You've seen them if you've gone to that state. Standing over you. Watching you as you lay helpless. OP wants you to lucid dream. Wants you to have an out of body experience. But the moment that you slip out, one of the others can slip in, and once they are in, you are stuck out. Just remember that.

Every one of the others started as one of us.
>>
>>17930996

I tug my ear.

When I'm dreaming, my ear comes off in my hand, or it melts, or my hand passes through it. This is a good indicator that it's dream time.

Took me about a full month of making it a habit before I could use it though.
>>
Dreams are real life and reality is a simulation we are all computer programs All of us have dreams with Gates/fences your not allowed to explore in your own lucid dreams or the people in the dream will chase you there is no earth or humans just a advanced virtual reality from the future small very subtle changes are going on in our timeline/reality showing glitches nothing is the same as it was 3-4 years
>>
>>17933048

>requires years of strict training
>apparently not, pleb
>>
>>17930996
I would tongue blast here
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.