[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Population cycle and human sacrifice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: Hobbes-Leviathan.jpg (1MB, 1549x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Hobbes-Leviathan.jpg
1MB, 1549x1181px
If we look to the old pagan cultures, it emerges that years of plentiful harvests had to be offset by blood sacrifice. The bigger and more gruesome the sacrifice, the better the favor of the gods.

Everyone who looks at the history of human population can see there is a clear trend: decades of growth followed by rapid depopulation events. This much is an observable fact.

What I am wondering is are these depopulation events random, or are they a form of human sacrifice orchestrated by the elites?

If we follow this possibility even further, the last half-century of record growth and prosperity, may just be the method of guaranteeing the biggest blood sacrifice ever witnessed. Otherwise what is the ultimate purpose of continually expanding the human population when it's clearly not sustainable?
>>
File: aXm171xjU.jpg (62KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm171xjU.jpg
62KB, 650x650px
Its not sustainable, but controllable.
And when the mother of all sacrifices start, the most easily controllable will sustain.
>>
>>17930741
>decades of growth followed by rapid depopulation events

It is neither random, nor orchestrated. It is the natural result of population cycles. Humans just added some flair to it with societal aspects.
>>
File: 1467418052625.png (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467418052625.png
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>17931036
This guy is right. It's just how the environment and populations interact. The same effect is observable in nature without human influence.
>>
File: Chrona.jpg (31KB, 779x577px) Image search: [Google]
Chrona.jpg
31KB, 779x577px
>>17930741
>clearly not sustainable?
People like you need to die first.

Actually kill yourself.
>>
>>17931087
Urgh fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck I accidentally avatarfagged AGAIN. I don't know how to deal with accidental avatarfagging. Fuck the back button.

BRB killing self.
>>
>>17931036
>>17931082
I guess I meant random in the sense of "accidental" like the natural trends you describe.

>societal aspects
Do you mean human population control? Either through birth control or increased death.

Societal events like World Wars affect population just like natural events.
>>
>>17930741
Herd mentality
>>
>>17930741
I never noticed that Leviathon clutches a crozier with his left hand in that picture before. The secular/religious dichotomy is central to the human condition.
>>
>>17930741
One eye on the harvest, the other on the streets
>>
Fallen Angels bloodlust basically
>>
File: 1467897735674.jpg (160KB, 766x956px) Image search: [Google]
1467897735674.jpg
160KB, 766x956px
>>17931961
Nobody is that powerful. They can't really control people. The birth rate for people is actually tapering off. When a society becomes more civilized, more doctors education and infrastructure, birth rates slow down. Once an environment reaches it's carrying capacity. The population within it either dies off or expands their territory.
As to the whole sacrifice deal. It was used as a tactic for the elite to stay in power. They would sacrifice foreigners or slaves to promote fear in the civilians. Anyway. I'm horny and i want my revenge. What this has to do with anything. Idk
>>
>>17931082

info/artist on the pic?
>>
>>17930741
In ancient times, it made sense that small communities would occasionally have to kill off members of their own, because a large enough harvest would mean more bounties for all, meaning more people would survive to the next harvest, which might not be as plentiful. It would also become a problem for tribes that would grow too large to organize properly, thus members had to be exiled from the tribe or sacrificed in order for order to stay within the group. These behaviors emerged out of early human control measures to ensure the existence of their tribes.

>Otherwise what is the ultimate purpose of continually expanding the human population when it's clearly not sustainable?

It's not that our population is unsustainable, it is that our current way of life is unsustainable. The resources we use will not last forever and are depleting at a fast rate _because_ of our population size, but we can fix that by transitioning over to other resources that can support our population. Once a population reaches a certain level of decadence they stop having so many children, which also seems like a logical biological outcome - a species doesn't need to reproduce as much if the current population is eating and living well and isn't dying off.

Once we are advanced enough to create """"good"""" artificial reproduction, we will need a wholly alien culture in place to encourage less mating with other humans, and more artificial relationships with machine personalities, as our condition of living will give us longer life spans and once most work is automated, the need to form into societal groups will diminish and the size population will naturally decline to a fraction of what it is today.
>>
File: hares and lynxes.gif (23KB, 430x400px) Image search: [Google]
hares and lynxes.gif
23KB, 430x400px
>>17931961
I mean our population cycle is more complex than something like lemmings because we add in social aspects. Birth control would be a part of it. Not increased death, but suicide has an aspect. People also give charity, stopping many from starving to death. People kill and save in the name of ideologies instead of just food, sex, and a place to sleep. Well, really it isn't more than food, sex, and security, but it's a more complex system of it.

Humans don't just grow until they exceed sustainability then die off because we are more aware of the cycle happening and try to act to prevent it. The cycle still happens, but there are more factors involved than looking at deer populations.

Most viduals of the cycle also talk about predator-prey models, and humans don't have any consistent predators, only the occasional accident.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.