[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beliefs Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

>Belief #1
The dumbest people on earth are the ones who believe Earth is the only planet with life on it. It is literally impossible. Now I'm not saying their are grey aliens coming to abduct us, although as huge as tje universe is and the possibility of whar us outside of the universe I don't doubt their is some species that looks similar.

>Belief #2 - Religion
The majority of religions are praising different extra terrestrials (hear me out first) that contacted humans throughout human history.

This would explain the many different religions originating in different time periods from ancient greek beliefs to modern day Christianity.

>Belief #3
If you actually have a soul (im still not sure desu) when you die you experience another life in another dimension, which would also mean your soul has been here longer than your life on earth. This is pretty much Christians belief of Heaven and Hell but more options.
>>
Apologies
my phone keyboard is shit and for some reason "desu" autocorrect to desu...
>>
>>17929634
>desu

Oh its a forum thing lol
>>
>>17929630
>>Belief #2 - Religion
>The majority of religions are praising different extra terrestrials (hear me out first) that contacted humans throughout human history.
>This would explain the many different religions originating in different time periods from ancient greek beliefs to modern day Christianity.

This has open my mind incredibly
>>
>>17929630
So basically the Hindu conception of the pantheon?
>>
>>17929630

>Belief #1
If you believe in magic you're probably around (79%) retarded.

>Belief #2
If you believe you can summon demons and or believe in fairies etc. You're also retarded (89%).
>>
>>17929630

>Belief #2 - Religion
>The majority of religions are praising different extra terrestrials (hear me out first) that contacted humans throughout human history.

>This would explain the many different religions originating in different time periods from ancient greek beliefs to modern day Christianity.

Where do you people get this from Ancient Aliens? It's just a show based on no evidence. I love how they pick and choose what fits into the ancient alien theory and then never discus anything that doesn't fit into the AA model.
>>
>>17929752
I would up your percents a little
>>
>>17929770
Ive never actually watched that show but I agree with OP

It is the most logical explanation, think about what Christians believe, it is exactly that in a physical form
>>
>>17929774

>It is the most logical explanation

No, it's not, not even close, that being said just because something is logical doesn't mean it's correct.

It would be more logical to believe that ancient peoples from all around the world created stories of gods etc. to explain things that they couldn't explain it's would also explain all the other creation myths having nothing to do with gods from the sky.
>>
>>17929634
>>17929636
newfag
>>
>>17929630
>It is literally impossible
Thats wrong. It is just extremely likely assuming life happens given the right conditions
>>
I believe I believe in what the old man says, though I know that there's no lord above. I believe in me, i believe in you and you know i believe in love!
I believe in truth, though i lie a lot. I feel the pain from puch and shove but no matter what you put me through i still believe in love and i say...
>>
>>17929786
>being this slow

No shit sherlock, Im saying if 'Gods' are real they're most likely physical beings that have made contact with humans, humans of course percieve then as a god.
>>
>>17929804
>1008+1008
>believing in god
>ishiggy
>>
>>17929630
You're not any different. Let's see. Can you explain away the Fermi Paradox? No? Then you're just as guilt of adhering to faith-based convictions like the people you mentioned. Lol. Before you try to twist what I stated, I do think that the chances for life out there in the universe to flourish and thrive are infinite. Smart or not, no one knows. The search for life in the universe should be held to a high standard of scientific scrutiny, and we cannot allow our personal philosophy or pet theories to become an impediment.
>>
>>17930026
>Fermi Paradox
It isnt a paradox. It is based on a lot of assumptions and it isnt even entirely sure if Fermi himself was making a point about ayys at all (some think he expressed his pessimism towards spacefaring in general)
>>
>>17930026
>The search for life in the universe should be held to a high standard of scientific scrutiny, and we cannot allow our personal philosophy or pet theories to become an impediment.
What are you on about? How is the search for life not held to a high standard of scientific scrutiny?
>>
>>17929630
>the ones who believe Earth is the only planet with life on it.

Belief is irrelevant. It's either true or not, and is completely independent of your feelings.

>2

Easier to buy than god's, however it's also more easily proven. So where is the evidence? Why is it that you people always claim that the Mayans, Egyptians, Chinese, etc. could only have built shit, and developed their cultures via alein intervention, and yet have no trouble accepting that the Greeks and Roman's did shit through sheer ingenuity and will?

You've never once considered the implications of a Level 1 or higher civilization knowing of our existence, and actually visiting, have you? Of course you haven't, because as you've noted, you are just substituting 'aliens' for 'god,' but ultimately they're just the same thing to you: superstitious bullshit. Kumbaya! Groovy! Like totally Woodstock, man!

Here's a little reality for you though. Anytime a primitive human society has made contact with a more advanced one, they have been royally fucked, is some way, or another by it. Even when both sides have had nothing but good intentions. No human society is anywhere close to becoming a Level 1 civilization. If we were to meet one, we as a species would be beyond fucked.

This is probably why we have not detected other civilizations. For the same reason our own physicists and astronomers are beginning to seriously discuss and publish on the feasibility of cloaking our own existence: letting everyone know you exist, and have some prime real estate is a bad idea. Because we would be at the mercy of any civilization that is capable realistically traveling interstellar or intergalactic distances.
>>
>>17930399
>Belief is irrelevant. It's either true or not, and is completely independent of your feelings.
OP was stating he believes these are the dumbest humans. Its not a fact obviously, he wasn't presenting it as one.

>Here's a little reality for you though. Anytime a primitive human society has made contact with a more advanced one, they have been royally fucked, is some way, or another by it. Even when both sides have had nothing but good intentions.

That is not true and I think you know that isn't.
>>
File: 1468255498175.jpg (10KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468255498175.jpg
10KB, 360x360px
>>17930399
>Belief is irrelevant. It's either true or not, and is completely independent of your feelings.
>beliefs-thread
How do you get THAT autistic?
pathetic
>>
>>17930399
You're actually autistic

Checked tho
>>
>>17929630

Sounds like you just want aliens to be real.
>>
> belief 1
Life will always exist, wether on earth or not, wether human or not. If humans were wiped out eventually a new intelligent species would eventually evolve somewhere.
> Belief 2
They're already might be another intelligent species in the universe, but there is no way of knowing because they are at the same stage or at a lower stage than us in technology.
> Belief 3
When you die you ether experience a dreamless sleep for all eternity or its a passage into a new form of life. Therefore death should not be feared, but embraced when the time comes.
>>
>>17929786
well, if ancient peoples "made up" gods to explain unexplainable things, we'd have to make up a lot more gods today, because the things we don't unterstand become more and more as we understand things.
belief is there for another reason.
>>
>>17931469
but nobody will have a "God of Dark Matter Distribution" or "Kregnon, knower of gravity particle". Ancient people "made up" gods to explain very basic thing around them
>>
>>17931486
are you saying im not supposed to worship background radiation as the aether?
>>
Modern physics is a scam
Quantum physics is a retarded meme
Atomic science is pure satanism
What matters in food isn't the material substance
Animals hate humans because we are retarded
Cities are macroscopic cancers
Most people are antichrists
The earth is flat
Aliens are demons
Everyone that gets cancer deserves it
Trump is as evil as any ritual childfucker
/x/ is 90% shitposting, 9% 'the number one guide on how to get yourself fucked by demons', 0.5% autistic role players and 0.5% role players that are high in the scales of initiation (that always have their threads deleted by mods REEEEEEEEE).
>>
>>17931567
Cont.

All politicians and newscasters are magicians
Masons communicate with lucifers in their lodges
Social problems are because social life is over complicated and inhuman
Everyone is completely mentally castrated and cannot think for themselves because they have societal complexes.
Luis XIV and Nicolas II of Russia were both God given monarchs
Petroleum is demon blood
Aborted babies are put into cosmetics
Video games are a psyop
/pol/ is a psyop, and so is nazism
All 'isms' are psyops
Generational curses and sins are real
Scientists nowadays are insecure fags.
>>
>>17931567
>>17931610
too much bait for me. pretty amazing actually.
>>
>>17931567
Stop shitposting
>ayylmaos are demons
Lol wut

>>17931401
I have never been afraid of death rather afraid of not being able to accomplish what I would like to before death
>>
>>17929630
I believe that people who use the term 'literally' inaccurately are the dumbest people on earth.
>>
>>17931986
I dont see anything wrong with OPs math
>infinite space
>infinite possibilities

So he is both right and wrong
>>
File: 1466994332117.png (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1466994332117.png
101KB, 640x640px
>>17931567
>>17931610
I request more info on the satanic atomic theory thing and the non-importance of the material substance of food.
>>
>>17932094
To clarify what I mean-
OP is on the right track in which it is impossible Earth is the first planet that harbored life
But
If hypothetically speaking we developed some technology to see that a planet a million light years away has life on it, by the time we detect that their civilization has already been long gone
>>
>>17930026
Fermi Paradox explained: aliens observe how we treat other members of our own fucking species. Why would any sentient life form without a death wish want to speak to us? It's amazing to me that people actually consider the Fermi Paradox a real quandary.

Scientific discovery also has a history of being exploited by military interests. I'm not saying that we should stop being scientifically literate, just that the science community tends not to think about the world outside of their ivory towers, and certain interests take advantage of that.
>>
>>17932115
I actually believe this would be the case
>>
>>17932094

>>17929797
>>
>>17932933
>given the right conditions

Correct me if I am wrong but what life may require on earth, originating on earth of course it may not require on another planet...
>>
>>17932947
Well, I didnt say earth-like, but right conditions. So of course there could be something in the underground oceans of an ice moon or in the higher atmosphere of a gas giant.
However, there are some basic chemical principals that have to be considered
>>
>>17932100
They worship explosion and decay, the nuclear physicists.

Why do Christians bless their food? Because they confirm their gratefulness to the fruit and God, and the aetheric body of the fruit gets absorbed into our bodies.

You don't even need to eat actually, for some people holy communion is enough.
>>
>>17933020
Life has nothing to do with chemistry and matter. All 'life' is the result of an aetheric imposition on matter.
>>
>>17931981
>b8
I bet you think God isn't real, scrub.

>>17931985
It's not shitposting, it's just you've never been told the truth anon.
And you largely didn't want to know the truth out of your own insecurities.
>>
>>17933051
>Life has nothing to do with chemistry and matter.
thats wrong. Life is nothing but chemical reactions. If you are spiritual or very religous, thats fine. But saying it has absolutely nothing to do with chemistry is just stupid
>>
>>17933059
>even more bait
we went to troll college together
>>
>>17933063
You're actually a fag and this proves my point that all people who study in the fields of modern science have turned into insecure cunts.

The reason gypsies can read your palm is because the state of your aetheric self is imposed onto it like an electrical discharge.
Your body is an imposition of an electrical, aetheric discharge onto matter, this is what abso-fucking-lutely everyone knew up until contemporary physics fucked it up.
If you think that chemistry has anything to do with the body, go right ahead, but it's your loss because you listen to an establishment kept there to kelp you stupid and complacent.

Also, chemical medicine is another scam, but because muh scientist told you so you're gonna believe it right?
>>
>>17933066
Ayy's and demons are the same anon.

Ayy's even shoot down aircraft because they want to fight with God but they need the airspace first.
>>
>>17933059
I agree with him. Stop shitposting you're not a troll you just come off as a 15 year old trying to be funny.
>>
>>17930503
>>17931360
>fucking science, how does it work?
>>
>>17933076
>You're actually a fag
>insecure cunts.
>someone disagrees with me, better start namecalling!
Nothing what I said was wrong. If so, please refute it

>The reason gypsies can read your palm
they cant. There is no relation between the little imperfections on your hand and your future..

>aetheric self is imposed onto it like an electrical discharge.
what is the aetheric self?

>imposition of an electrical, aetheric discharge onto matter
What does that even mean? Your body IS matter and the electrical discharges in our body are very small

>If you think that chemistry has anything to do with the body
I dont think, I know. Thats literally how our body works. If chemistry has nothing to do with our body, then how for example, do we get oxygen in our cells? Or how do we get the energy out of our food? Ellaborate on your hypothesis, since by just excluding the common explanation you leave a lot of questions unaswered.
>>
>>17933066
Also, you want more? I'll give you more:

>Women shouldn't wear pants, only dresses
>Homosexuality is cause by fashion
>Modern college is for fags
>Everyone in college is a soulless retard
>Kids should be taught how to handle arms at the age of five
>People interested in politics are missing the entire point of government
>Everyone in government everywhere right now deserves to be shot dead
>The UN will federalise the world nations
>China will take over Russia but America will use psychotropic weapons against them
>Chinks process dead humans into food
>Traps are completely straight only because everyone is secretly gay
>Femininity and masculinity are dead
>Sports are for fags
>Divination just gets yourself possessed by demons
>Card reading isn't shamanism but the equivalent to reading repeating digits
>meme magic is an incredible weapon against the people that use it (kek worshippers)
>Advertisenents have magic spells in them
>99.9% of humans worship idols
>>
>>17933092
>still being autistic
listen Tim, nobody claims what you said is utterly wrong. But how you said it and the fact that you brought it up when everybody declared that this thread is about beliefs, makes you look like a super sperg, that cant accept that people sometimes just talk about ideas
>>
>>17931567
>>17931610
>>17933104
This is high energy bait. Some of those are retarded on 4 different levels. Holy shit I couldnt even begin.
However some of them are just unpopular opinion I even could agree with
>>
>>17933087
It's not shitposting, maybe you need to read a book or something.

>>17933103
Aetheric self is the aura/spirit
Spirit imposes onto palms as spirit imposes onto body, all natural bodies adhere to specific proportions that are seen in everything, from trees to lightning discharges. Our body is a lightning discharge on the micro scale except it bound itself to matter via polarisation.
Chemistry has nothing to do with it again; there are chemical processes but your scientists switch it around and say it's all a primary function, when the aetheric function is primary and chemical secondary.

Also, if you checkout contemporary science sites like new scientist, the things discussed are so infantile and childish that they almost poke fun of the people who were talking about all of this 100 years ago, and yes, one hundred years ago people were talking about the same things in science that we do to day, except then they got answers.

You really need to checkout the theosophical magazines, 100% golden age science.
>>
>>17933112
Difference is they're all fact, its just people violently reflect on it because they've got so much shit on their systems.

>dealing with western 'intellectuals
>ever'
>>
>>17933122
>they're all fact
prove just one of them
>>
>>17933117
>Aetheric self is the aura/spirit
What is aura/spirit then? What is it made of?

>Our body is a lightning discharge on the micro scale except it bound itself to matter via polarisation.
That just illustrates that you dont know anything about physics. I'm sorry but it doesnt make sense. A lightning discharge cant bound itself to matter via polarisation. Thats not right. In fact, its not even wrong, it is just gibberish.

>ike new scientist, the things discussed are so infantile and childish
I agree with that. Most pop-sci is pretty dumbed down and filled with "le awesome" childish portrayals

>one hundred years ago people were talking about the same things in science that we do to day, except then they got answers.
Thats utterly wrong. 100 years ago people just got special relativity and didnt know shit about quantum mechanics or particle physics in general. There was also no space exploration. There are many many more examples that show, that you are lying or ignorant with this.
>>
>>17933117
You mentioned that the earth is flat before, but isn't that belief incompatible with theosophy? Just asking, I don't really know much about the topic.
>>
>>17934220
Hes joking
>>
>>17929725
>hear me out first
i did. was disappointed
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.