[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Long Lost ARG of a Highly Spooky Nature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I figured this would be right up /x/'s alley. This was my first exposure to any truly unnerving ARG's on the internet and it has haunted me for 6 years.

6 years ago when I was browsing backstory videos for Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies I came across a video with Johnny Cash singing "We'll meet again". The video was just a series of screenshots of various points of interest in the game. The most interesting thing was the music.

Out of curiosity I checked the comments and I found a discussion about a persons name that I have since forgotten, and how it apparently had something to do with the video, CoD backstory, etc.

I look up the name on youtube and I get a series of ARG entries, all of which were primarily audio in nature. The first video started with the click of a recorder, and a brief introduction. Apparently this person was conducting some kind of investigation against an institution he suspected of inhumane practices. With classical music playing in the background, he went on to explain his motivations. I've forgotten most of the details, but he sounded middle aged and fairly educated.

The next video was him explaining that he was packing to go on a plane ride to what I think he called an airbase, and that he did not know what was waiting for him.

Video number three was him recollecting the last few hours of events. He was now riding in the backseat of a car, in a rainstorm, blindfolded. He sounded less collected and explained that they were now on approaching an area where heavy interference would be an issue, and he was no longer certain if he would be able to continue relaying his experiences. He also said "We are in a car, we are still human, as far as I know."

This was the last relatively normal video. Every video after that was a collection of screams, begs for mercy and delirium. It scared me so bad I cleared my search history.

It has now been 6 years of searching for this ARG. If anyone knows anything, this is my last attempt at resolution.
>>
Also, as the videos became more distorted from static, more images would appear on the screen. Most were corrupted, some were stock photos - but coupled with the screaming and horrifying sounds, it scared me to no end.
>>
Bump, for johnny cash
>>
Pump bump for interest
>>
Sorry but whats ARG, nd jumping for interest
>>
>>17926178
Alternate Reality Game
>>
As the brother of a cod autist who still obsesses over the zombie storyline we've never heard of this so it musn't have gained that much traction in the community itself, you were probably lucky to find it.

Also, people really need to start using the term ARG properly, you're implying it's fake if you use it.
>>
Have you tried searching for the call of duty video?

You can search by year and it doesn't seem like a big topic or common song
>>
>>17926178
>on /x/
>dosent know what an ARG is
>>
>>17926199
I tried using youtube a couple years back, but the cringeworthy fanbase did it's deed and buried all interesting videos under a sea of mediocre compilations and commentaries.

The videos had no more than a few thousand views each, and were mostly from 2009. I've had a hell of a time trying to get info.

I was legitimately terrified by some of the content. It was extremely well done, one of the best ARG's I've ever seen.
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (8KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
8KB, 266x189px
Thinking hard about it, I'm remembering the content of one of the videos.

It was around video 7 out of what I vaguely remember there being 20+ of. He was talking to himself. The static made it hard to hear.

"I looked arou- [STATIC] I asked hi [ STATIC] Why are you doing this? Why? [STATIC] Je wouldn't ansew - [STATIC]"

Then the video ended.

The last video I watched was the one that put me over the edge. It was about 2 minutes of relative silence, then I got blasted with static and screeching - all with headphones on full volume, since I thought I heard something during the quiet part.

A heavily pixilated photo of toxic barrels and someone in a hazmat suit popped up, and I closed the video, petrified.
>>
Damn I wanna see these
>>
>>17926277
If you want to know what the screeching was like on the last video, this is a good representation

https://youtu.be/ocXpeKFz6-Q

Just add more static, and have it stand over a timeframe of a minute
>>
Ayy lmao
>>
Bump for desperation
>>
Bump for zombies
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.