[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mediation and Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 6tag_140616-154221.jpg (830KB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6tag_140616-154221.jpg
830KB, 1919x1080px
So, for the longest time I've been told to properly meditate your ass must be on the ground and you must sit erect with good posture. But I've been reading Initiation into Hermetics and Liber Null, both which encourage you to meditate in whatever comfortable way you want including just laying down in bed.

What do you guys think of this? How do you meditate? Have you yielded results from the information found in these books?
>>
I like to do walking meditation. I learned about it through a few books on Buddhist thought by thich naht han
>>
>>17924650
I'll have to look into that. It sounds very interesting. I walk all damn day as it is. I might as well meditate while doing it.
>>
Within ever age of man there is a different prescribed form of meditation. In this age of Kali Yuga the only dharma is to chant the Hare Krsna maha mantra, which can be enacted anytime, anywhere.
>>
File: 1443836658916.jpg (46KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1443836658916.jpg
46KB, 1440x900px
Why is everyone with a modicum of power in Texas involved in occult stuff, /x/?
>>
>>17924610
KNAWLEDGE, you must have enough fuel units
>>
>>17924697
I'm from Texas and I can say it's a combination of curiosity and boredom
>>
The only practical reason for sitting cross-legged during meditation is so that you have to focus on keeping your back straight, thus not getting too relaxed and falling asleep or losing general focus.

If you can meditate while laying on your back, that's awesome, do that. Personally, laying on my back usually leads to me falling asleep so I tend to just sit cross-legged.
>>
>>17924740
So all the judges, clerks, sheriffs, and district reps are freemasons "cuz they were bored"?

what madmen
>>
>>17924751
>Freemasons
>Occult
SensibleChuckle.jpg
>>
File: 1465242129120.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465242129120.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>17924759
>Occultists
>not occult
>>
>>17924767
>a bunch of old men doing charity work
>muh spooky occultists
>>
>>17924751
And, strangely enough, most owners of car dealerships are also Freemasons. My grandfather knew a few of them and that's the only reason I know of them. Also, worked with a kid who was a free mason. I've seen pictures of the inside of their lodge and heard about how they worship Lucifer or whatever name they choose to refer to him.
>>
>>17924610
>But I've been reading Initiation into Hermetics and Liber Null,

And we've found your problem, right there!

Google, "zazen". Stop fucking around with losers.
>>
>>17926067
I've heard recently that people have been sitting on both books and the authors? Just curious as to why?
I was recommended the books a year ago on /x/.
>>
>>17926682
*shitting on both books
Fuck autocorrect
>>
>>17924751
I'm a mason.

Anyone can join. It's not some super secret club.
>>
>>17924779
We don't worship lucifer you jackass.

The only religious requirement is that you believe in a higher power, the god of abraham is the one most worshiped -- but it's not worship that happens in lodges. The lodges are social clubs.

The higher power requirement is just to say that the men who you associate with are righteous and good.
>>
>>17926689

I had seen Bardon in bookstores, but never heard him mentioned by any occultist, theoretical or practical, until I came to /x/. What I've seen of his work is conceptually sloppy and not particularly Hermetic. I'm sure it's fine, for some people, and I wish them well. I would never recommend him.

Carroll is okay. That book was fun, when it first came out. It's kind of stupid, though. There is no compelling case made for why one should reinvent the wheel and his attempt to draw in mathematical concepts and the like was silly. It left us with no end of chaos magicians who really believe that there way is superior and that they can explain, and replace, other forms of magic.

Phil Hine is preferable:

http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/index_e-books.html
>>
>>17926709
Misinformation then? I'm only relaying the small little I thought I knew. I don't care too much about the Masons. I'm sure at the end of the day they're not hurting anyone; whether or not they worship Belial or God.
>>17926713
Thanks for the reference. I've put in some hours into these books. I will continue to read them out of curiosity though. I will definitely look into Phil Hine. Recommend anything in particular by him?
>>
>>17926713
>http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/index_e-books.html
>a section dedicated to the cthulhu mythos
I don't know, man...
>>
>>17924610
you need to strike a balance between alertness and relaxation, i sit on a chair without using the back rest with a straight back. lying down seems too relaxed to me..

this is decent: http://www.audiodharma.org/series/1/talk/1762/
>>
>>17926748
>Recommend anything in particular by him?

I'd start with Oven-Ready Chaos.
>>
>>17924610
i meditate in the shower. i imagine the water is washing away "negative residue" and cleansing, or revitalizing, my energy.

sometimes i meditate while i lay down.
>>
I do it lying down in an Osiris risen pose so it's not too comfy
>>
>>17926709
How does believing in a higher power make you righteous and good?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.